• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT3| Turn On Elective Mode, Get an Authenticator

Status
Not open for further replies.
Act 3 - > Act 1 - > Act 4 - > Act 2.

I'm finally feeling like I have my WD's set working well, should be able to clear the butcher and wait for 1.03 for Act 2 because ... eff that.

balddemon

Banned
Can someone please explain the final clone fight to me? So throughout the game, you don't get more enemies when you team, the enemies are just tougher. At Hell level they gain 100% hps per additional player.

But then the clones appear and instead of the usual 1 clone with now 400% hps dealing 130ish% damage, you're faced with 4 clones each with 400% hps dealing 130ish% damage.

So essentially you are penalized during that final fight with 16x difficulty increase by having a full team, do I have that right?

Every group I was in would instantly wipe as soon as the clones appeared. I had to beat him solo to move on.
dont u only get 1 clone per living characteR?

also if tl2 comes out like the day before 1.03 i wont be playing d3 for a while lol

Torraz

I dislike act 1 pre-Wortham. After that I think its the best act. Act 2 completely sucks. The first half of act 3 is again very nice until the tower of sin copy pasta party. Act 4 was pretty decent albeit it seemed very rushed.

DustinC

So apparently I can't price shit to sell on the AH for the life of me. Any suggestions on how to effectively price things you want to sell?

I've gone through and done searches for similar gear on the AH by checking out the three highest stats on the piece of gear I want to sell, and then trying to undercut the lowest price I could find for buyouts. But it still seems like I'm either pricing stuff too high, or not figuring out what should just end up vendor trash.

Are there any flags on yellow gear that I should look for to immediate vendor? My general rule is if there are any base stats like dex, vit, int, etc, and none of them are over 100, I won't bother with the AH.

Oh, and this is Act 1 Inferno gear for the most part.

Glix

Any advice for Mortar guys? I'm a WD in ActI inferno and I pretty much have to reroll the dungeon any time there is a mortar guy.

Vodh

Don't just search for 3 highest stats, pick only those that might be appealing to the group you're targetting.

Example, if you get shoulders with 140 int, 20 vit, 80 dex, 55 poison resist and 312 thorns the only really valuable stat on those would be the int. Dex is worthless for wizards and same goes pretty much for all the other stats except vit. Search for stuff with ~130 int and undercut, maybe search for ~130 int and any vit at all and then if the lower end gear is having 20ish vit undercut and sell, if it's having much higher vit then don't bother and undercut the pure ~130 int ones. That's it in a nutshell

DustinC

Don't just search for 3 highest stats, pick only those that might be appealing to the group you're targetting.

Example, if you get shoulders with 140 int, 20 vit, 80 dex, 55 poison resist and 312 thorns the only really valuable stat on those would be the int. Dex is worthless for wizards and same goes pretty much for all the other stats except vit. Search for stuff with ~130 int and undercut, maybe search for ~130 int and any vit at all and then if the lower end gear is having 20ish vit undercut and sell, if it's having much higher vit then don't bother and undercut the pure ~130 int ones. That's it in a nutshell

Awesome, thanks for the tips!

Glix

BigDug13

dont u only get 1 clone per living characteR?

also if tl2 comes out like the day before 1.03 i wont be playing d3 for a while lol

Yes, and it seems like each of those clones gain the 400% hps and 130% damage of being an enemy in the game with a full group. So how does a group of 4 take down 4 clones that have quadruple the hps?

Their intent with the hps and damage buff was to create a situation where 4 players would find the challenge 4x as hard because it takes 4x the damage to kill each enemy. If you also add 4x the number of enemies for those 4 players, it creates a situation where you have made a specific fight 16x more difficult instead of 4x.

Get it?

GJS

I just got scammed while selling an item to a guy.
He cancelled the trade process while I was dragging the item to the box so I dropped the item on the floor, he picked up and leave the game.

His name: xPwnographyx#1344
My item
me unable to properly write and curse at the same time
He selling my item afterwards

It sucks but whatever, I can't get my item back.

Yeah the trade system sucks and they implemented no safety measures at all.

All of the old trade scams work as well, such as switching the items out, or changing the money at the last minute etc.

I just got scammed while selling an item to a guy.
He cancelled the trade process while I was dragging the item to the box so I dropped the item on the floor, he picked up and leave the game.

His name: xPwnographyx#1344
My item
me unable to properly write and curse at the same time
He selling my item afterwards

It sucks but whatever, I can't get my item back.

That blows. Can you not right click on your item in inventory to get it into the trade window rather than dragging?

LordCanti

Yeah the trade system sucks and they implemented no safety measures at all.

All of the old trade scams work as well, such as switching the items out, or changing the money at the last minute etc.

It needs multiple additional steps. An MMO I played fifteen(ish) years ago had these steps:

1. Player 1 puts an item in the box and hits accept (locking it in)
2. Player 2 puts gold in the box and hits accept (locking it in)
3. Player 1 is asked to confirm the transaction (and isn't allowed to change anything)
4. If player 1 doesn't confirm, player 2's confirmation goes away

It's so simple. It's like they added in game trading as an afterthought because they wanted people to use the AH instead.

Kyoufu

I have to agree though, the trade window sucks arse. People can easily change the gold amount like a ninja before the trade goes through :x

Maybe they'll improve it in a patch?

Mitama

I have to agree though, the trade window sucks arse. People can easily change the gold amount like a ninja before the trade goes through :x

Maybe they'll improve it in a patch?

Yeah, there's even a macro to switch your item back to your inventory and hit accept real quick... So shitty to scam people man, I'd never take away from another's enjoyment of the game just to get gold, it's just awful.

BigDug13

Yeah, there's even a macro to switch your item back to your inventory and hit accept real quick... So shitty to scam people man, I'd never take away from another's enjoyment of the game just to get gold, it's just awful.

That's one thing that sucks in a game like this. For MMO's, at least you can kinda develop a reputation on that character throughout the server for being a cheat.

Cipherr

Been on this same pack of wasps in Inferno for what feels like an eternity now. I nearly had them down before the enrage, I had an incredible run where I dodged everything, I had the main one down to almost dead when he swooped in close, I let off an evasive fire like an idiot and backflipped into a string of stingers I had already previously dodged. Died with him under 100k, and just as I died he enraged....

And my freaking bow was broken on that death so I had to go to town and couldnt just rez and rush him down.

I really hate this game at times. Thats a lot of time wasted. Lesson learned.... run into a pack like that? Dont burn damn near an hour on it, just reload the game.

Sarcasm

SO I just unlocked nightmare and I won't really be able to do it due to my gear.

Is there a way to farm loot w/o the AH? I know its going to be farming normal mode but still I need better gear for nightmare. I also have no gold.

My wizard:

560 intel
173 vit (1890 HP)
628 armor
423.84 DPS

SO I just unlocked nightmare and I won't really be able to do it due to my gear.

Is there a way to farm loot w/o the AH? I know its going to be farming normal mode but still I need better gear for nightmare. I also have no gold.

Do the highest act you can in the highest difficulty you can consistantly clear. So in your case act 4 normal. You can probably also go to the merchants in act 4 normal and act 1 nightmare and buy enough gear to get you through act 1 nightmare. I don't think act 1 nightmare should be much harder than act 4 normal though.

Cipherr

I can't get past act 2 inferno with my wizard. Any tips besides not getting hit?

Thats sort of the name of the game for ranged in inferno. Even with the gear to take a few hits, you still dont want to ever get hit once, its just to much of a bad roll on the damage and you getting 1 shot.

Duck, dodge, bob and weave. Throw some damage out here and there....

MrDaravon

Just a quick stat check, managed to score some cheap shoulders/boots/bracers today that upped my resists some without dropping my other stuff very much. Stats are unbuffed (except Archery), should I still be primarily focusing on getting my resists up to 280-300 right now?

v6qWN.png

DTKT

Just a quick stat check, managed to score some cheap shoulders/boots/bracers today that upped my resists some without dropping my other stuff very much. Stats are unbuffed (except Archery), should I still be primarily focusing on getting my resists up to 280-300 right now?

v6qWN.png

You are building a "tanky" DH? Your still going to die in 1 shot. :|

MrDaravon

You are building a "tanky" DH? Your still going to die in 1 shot. :|

Not right now, but before my resists were at about zero, and I've been able to get them up to where they are at now with only a slight loss to my Str and Vit, and it does seem to actually be making a difference in taking an extra hit or so. Also getting higher DPS/Dex gear is prohibitively expensive for me at this point, and I'm a bit wary of putting money into attack speed until we know how they're changing that with 1.03.

Slycoopr

Thats sort of the name of the game for ranged in inferno. Even with the gear to take a few hits, you still dont want to ever get hit once, its just to much of a bad roll on the damage and you getting 1 shot.

Duck, dodge, bob and weave. Throw some damage out here and there....

That just seems impossible against the fast, jailer, fire chain enemies.

MrDaravon

I die in 2 shots actually.

I also can tank elite mobs with Shadow Power gloom.

People will realize how good it is eventually.

Yeah this is my eventual goal, I just don't think I've got the gear for it at the moment, gearing for that seems to be much more expensive than going glass cannon.

rCIZZLE

Glad to know they've done nothing to address bots and scammers. The AMA was pretty useless with the story being more important than the economy in an economy driven game.

RivalCore

Why is this Auction cancel trick a big deal?

Because it takes the risk out of using the auction house. If the seller isn't happy with the current bid price they can pull out on a whim screwing over the buyer.

I lost out on a 250 LoH, AR and high DEX right for 200k because they cancelled the auction. They weren't getting their stupid 2mil buyout price so I got screwed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom