• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT3| Turn On Elective Mode, Get an Authenticator

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've got a Wizard (60) halfway through Act 1 on Inferno. Like most, I do fine until an elite mob shows up, and I'm still okay as long as they aren't ones that run a million miles per hour. Is there any point at all to buying equipment that increases run speed? I don't even have enough time to turn and shoot these guys, so I just run away at this point.

theta11

I've got a Wizard (60) halfway through Act 1 on Inferno. Like most, I do fine until an elite mob shows up, and I'm still okay as long as they aren't ones that run a million miles per hour. Is there any point at all to buying equipment that increases run speed? I don't even have enough time to turn and shoot these guys, so I just run away at this point.

+ Movement Speed is very important if you intend to kite, you can have a maximum of 25% passive movement speed but you can only have a maximum of +!2% on your boots.

BigDug13

Because it takes the risk out of using the auction house. If the seller isn't happy with the current bid price they can pull out on a whim screwing over the buyer.

I lost out on a 250 LoH, AR and high DEX right for 200k because they cancelled the auction. They weren't getting their stupid 2mil buyout price so I got screwed.

It should really be "all auctions are cancellable as long as no one has bid on your item. Once a bid is locked in, sorry, it's too late."

Just get rid of the timer altogehter then you don't have to worry about people messing with their personal clocks.

Ashodin

oh shit top of the page. Noice

Yeah this is my eventual goal, I just don't think I've got the gear for it at the moment, gearing for that seems to be much more expensive than going glass cannon.

With Life on Hit and my resists quite high, I can actually tank most mobs in the face. Elites are a hodgepodge based on what type of modifiers I get. Some are tougher than others.

This is all Act 1, mind you.

XhpB1.jpg

My build is:

1 - Fan of Knives - Retaliate (use this whenever it's off cooldown)
2 - Caltrops - Jagged Spikes (Part of the AOE combo)
3 - Smoke Screen - Gas Mixture or whatever (Also part of the combo)
4 - Preparation - Heal Rune - for dat 60% heal. hello potion #2!
Left Click - Grenades, Grenades, Grenades - Gas Grenades. More DOTs, more DOTs!
Right Click - Impale - Awareness. More AOE goodness.

Passives: Vengeance, Grenadier, Cull the Weak

Basically, the whole idea has been from the start to wade into melee, drop some AOE, and then maneuver deftly around dying from fire and green shit. Fire chains? Laugh it off. Electrify? Laugh it off. I only have real trouble with enemies that like to run and use mortar (who doesn't?), and some shitty combination of FAST FROZEN MOLTEN. Which I think I actually got past that by just standing still. lol.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Got a Justice Lantern and a Helm of Command now--up to 46% block, but I'm still getting beaten down pretty hard in Act III. I'm not sure if I'm going to be able to tackle this act before the nerf...

Really enjoying farming Act I, though. Plenty of gold to be had and I got my second legendary item, today! An Andariel's Visage. Sold it for damn 10 million, which I then used to buy the Justice Lantern.

So is inferno all about the resists? I saw that guy above with only 32k life (along with a bunch of awesome other stats). My DH in hell currently does 13k damage and has 40k life; I just easily soloed Belial.

Ashodin

So is inferno all about the resists? I saw that guy above with only 32k life (along with a bunch of awesome other stats). My DH in hell currently does 13k damage and has 40k life; I just easily soloed Belial.

It quite literally ramps up really hard; enemies will one shot you without proper defense if you're trying to take a hit. Some people play being master of evasion.

Sarcasm

So I joined a friend who was fighting (about to) a boss. Fighting boss those tongue licking monsters come out.

Tell me why the boss cant one shot me but those tiny mobs can?

So I joined a friend who was fighting (about to) a boss. Fighting boss those tongue licking monsters come out.

Tell me why the boss cant one shot me but those tiny mobs can?
Rakanoth? Soul Ripper/Lasher/Whatevers are one of the hardest enemy types in the game (hardest for DH IMO), but Rakanoth's teleport attack should do a lot more damage.

LordCanti

I like it when people try to scam you and then fail miserably. I tried to buy something worth 500k, and put the 500k in the box every time. The person put the item in there, and then tried to take it away real fast and hit accept. The only problem is, he failed. I gave him the benefit of the doubt on the first try (I know, why?), but when he tried to do it again (and failed) I had to laugh.

I think he was trying out a script or something. If he had done it manually by hand, he'd probably have my 500k right now.

redhot_

Your "friends" account. Uh huh.

Unlikely. They typically make sure they are VERY sure of the infraction before taking action.

Yes, my friends account.

lol so aggressive and accusatory all the time

What was the reason they gave for freezing your friend's account?

Not sure, just gave her the support number and account recovery page.

They were only level 20ish, just thought it was odd.

Zaptruder

Banned
So how many of you are going to give Torchlight 2 a go when that comes out?

I wasn't too curious about it before D3 was released... but now after the whole long hanging exploit nerfs and economy imba, I'm not very enamored with D3 anymore - definetly looking forward to giving T2 a go, if only to extend some of that sweet non-inferno click and loot fun.

Wallach

I wasn't too curious about it before D3 was released... but now after the whole long hanging exploit nerfs and economy imba, I'm not very enamored with D3 anymore - definetly looking forward to giving T2 a go, if only to extend some of that sweet non-inferno click and loot fun.

Actually if anyone wants some good DH stuff on the NA servers, I could use a Torchlight 2 Steam pre-order.

LordCanti

D3 scratched my loot whoring itch for the next few years/till the expansion.

Sarcasm

I preordered TL2 when it first could be. I also got into the beta for it.

Zzoram

I won't even bother with Torchlight 2.

You think D3 economy is bad? Torchlight 2 has no closed servers so anyone who wants to can hack perfect gear. Heck, the mod tools probably let you do that for yourself as well.

+ Movement Speed is very important if you intend to kite, you can have a maximum of 25% passive movement speed but you can only have a maximum of +!2% on your boots.
Awesome. Thank ya much for the tip. I wasn't sure why I couldn't find above 12%.

Just got into Act 2 Inferno. It's funny that no matter how many people joked about the insects 1-shotting them and being a pain in the ass, I kept telling myself "Nah, I'll be fine." And then I fought the first group of flying bugs....and they had their way with me. Hard.

And one more random note. I play with Blizzard, but I'm not really in love with it. Deciding if I should switch to Acid Hydra or Teleport...? I use Storm Armor, Diamond Skin and Force Weapon like most do.

Sarcasm

I won't even bother with Torchlight 2.

You think D3 economy is bad? Torchlight 2 has no closed servers so anyone who wants to can hack perfect gear. Heck, the mod tools probably let you do that for yourself as well.

That is if you play on open? I don't even do that in D3 cause most random people are douche bags anyways.

Always stick to friends.

teh_pwn

"Saturated fat causes heart disease as much as Brawndo is what plants crave."
Act 2 inferno is still too hard with a wizard, but much easier than monk.

You all that made it through are either really talented, okay with dying more than demon souls, or used exploits to get top gear before they were all nerfed.

I'm waiting until 1.03.

Neki

You all that made it through are either really talented, okay with dying more than demon souls, or used exploits to get top gear before they were all nerfed.

I'm waiting until 1.03.

I'll take all of the above for 300.

LordCanti

I'd do bad things to good people in exchange for a way to sort Legendaries by stats.

Just..pages and pages of worthless STR Andy's. Why don't you barbs want Andy's? 13% IAS, STR, Vit, and pretty cheap.

I use a STR andy's on my barb.

Has a socket though.

Even the socketed ones seem to pop up at less than a mil.

I'd kill for a dex andy under a mil, socket or no. Heck, I never see them under 5m.

Slycoopr

I'm waiting until 1.03.

I'm feeling the pain!

Anustart

So I'm a witch doctor in act 2 inferno. 32k hp, 25k dps, 300 resists. To survive here what do I need, 190k dps, 100k hp and a couple thousand resists? This is just stupid.

I expect a sticker when I beat Act 2 on Inferno with my Wizard. I hated this act on every single difficulty.....Inferno is just about going to make me punch my monitor.

So I'm a witch doctor in act 2 inferno. 32k hp, 25k dps, 300 resists. To survive here what do I need, 190k dps, 100k hp and a couple thousand resists? This is just stupid.
Damn, I'm afraid now. Wizard is 17K HP, 21K dps. At least my resists are in the mid-400s.

rCIZZLE

Unless Blizzard wises up and really fixes D3 then I'm out soon as TL2 drops. Made by the real Diablo team so you know it'll have tight gameplay and a good endgame. The open servers does kind of suck as far as pvp goes but for the item finding aspect TL2 >>> D3. The D3 team is just so incompetent when it comes to keeping a balanced economy, botters out, and items that are fun to find.

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
Since the raffle is over, can the next Title change be

Diablo III |OT3| Everyone is waiting for Patch 1.03 to play the game again

?

LuchaShaq

Banned

I am.

Personally am very disappointed both in the lack of content (sorry I don't consider 4 playthroughs on different difficulties separate content) and lack of unique interesting loot.

Found more interesting/unique loot in 2-3 hours of torchlight 1 than I have in 30-40 of Diablo 3.

teh_pwn

"Saturated fat causes heart disease as much as Brawndo is what plants crave."
The good thing about patch 1.03 is that I should be able to get the equipment I need in act 1.

My wizard can kill all but a couple of types of elites within 20 seconds. Only the invincible minions + arcane + walling + teleport + unfortunately narrow surroundings can get me. But not by much.

Earlier I said attack speed + doesn't improve spells. That was incorrect. Wizards with healing blades and attack speed on a few items makes surprisingly good melee.

So what are the best acts to farm for gold and rare times in hell mode?

Hell Mode? Azmodan Runs (Starting from Arreat Level 2). Easy five stacks, then a boss (spider-succubus lady) then a hallway and then Azmodan. 8-12 rares, even with minimal MF gear.

Or Hell Mode Whimsyshire. Definitely have MF gear for popping the clouds and piñata.

HenryHSH

I made it through act 2 with less on my WD. Make sure you have your cheat death (spirit vessel i think), and vision quest as your passives. I had almost 20k dps but used zombie bears with soul harvest and the voodoo (mana rune). You'll still die but everything drops really fast when you can spam your bears doing 230% DMG each.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom