• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT3| Turn On Elective Mode, Get an Authenticator

Status
Not open for further replies.

RivalCore

Act 2 inferno is still too hard with a wizard, but much easier than monk.

You all that made it through are either really talented, okay with dying more than demon souls, or used exploits to get top gear before they were all nerfed.

I'm waiting until 1.03.

I think it took me around a week to clear Act II, but most of that time was spent in Act I and the AH. Goblin farming didn't sound appealing so I got by on some serious lucky bids and buyouts in auction, pussying out on certain elite mobs and not spending a second longer than I had to in Act II. Fuck that Act.

teh_pwn

"Saturated fat causes heart disease as much as Brawndo is what plants crave."
I think it took me around a week to clear Act II, but most of that time was spent in Act I and the AH. Goblin farming didn't sound appealing so I got by on some serious lucky bids and buyouts in auction, pussying out on certain elite mobs and not spending a second longer than I had to in Act II. Fuck that Act.

Yeah, I would need at least 5k more dps, 2k armor, 400 resist all to make act 2 a good gaming experience. The items to do that are like 10-50 M each.

Just sold a pretty godlike 1h Barb weapon for 5 mil. 800 life on hit/str/vit/socketed/650dps

I thought I overpriced it, honestly. Guess Life on hit really is a big deal.

Totakeke

Let's just say to progress beyond Inferno Act 2 you need to have at least spent 100 hours on the game and mostly on gearing a single character. Even with tricks and whatnot you still need to spend all that time.

Check this thing out:

bU6kZ.jpg

Got it today. Probably some of the highest DPS you'll see on a sub-60 weapon. Funnily enough the stats aren't that great, even though the DPS is through the roof. Using it now as it was better than what I had, which was still pretty damn good.

Totakeke

Check this thing out:

bU6kZ.jpg

Got it today. Probably some of the highest DPS you'll see on a sub-60 weapon. Funnily enough the stats aren't that great, even though the DPS is through the roof. Using it now as it was better than what I had, which was still pretty damn good.

You're missing out on reduced level requirements weapons man. You can get twice that dps easily.

Just bought a introductory String of Ears for 700k.

Was losing 2.7k hp, 874 damage, and 12 resistance a dumb trade off for the 11% damage reduction from melee hits and 93 life on hit?

Dont know why people hate act 2 so much. Aside from wasps, most of the enemy types are easy. Unlike, say, soul rippers, icy quillbacks, and packs of 30+ swift skull cleavers. Act 3 starts out good, but after siegebreaker it gets terrible. Everyone says "its just all desert" but i dont get what part of that is bad.

Agree act 1 is best, but to me it's 1>2>3>4

HenryHSH

Dont know why people hate act 2 so much. Aside from wasps, most of the enemy types are easy. Unlike, say, soul rippers, icy quillbacks, and packs of 30+ swift skull cleavers. Act 3 starts out good, but after siegebreaker it gets terrible. Everyone says "its just all desert" but i dont get what part of that is bad.

Most people hating on act 2 haven't had the chance to hate act 3 yet. It's always nice when you get 1 shot off screen.

KorrZ

Fuck these guys, a champion pack of them spawns I just quit and get a new map to spawn. Seriously.

Sarcasm

Okay I have equipped:

a rare sword

50.4 DPS
+2-5 poison damage (which I don't think goes into effect as a wizard)
+41 intel
and a chance to like freeze on hit.

vendor has a 1h

33dps
66 intel
two sockets

What I am currently using is still better?

I also have rare pants

79 armor
+34 str
+44 intel
health globe thing
socket w/ 34 intel

there is a pants at vendor

100 armor
+29 intel
2 sockets

Get the pants and make two 34 intel gems?

Is this a good time to actually start investing gold into my JC dude? I also have blacksmith page?

Anustart

I made it through act 2 with less on my WD. Make sure you have your cheat death (spirit vessel i think), and vision quest as your passives. I had almost 20k dps but used zombie bears with soul harvest and the voodoo (mana rune). You'll still die but everything drops really fast when you can spam your bears doing 230% DMG each.

Regular enemies aren't too bad, it's elites, doesn't matter what affixes. My bears don't melt them, and they need to because all the time I have is 1 spirit walk and unleash bears which doesn't come close to killing them.

foladar

Check this thing out:

I saw a level 42 weapon with ~700 dps earlier, 1h bow. Look for 18 level reduction items.

Macattk15

Check this thing out:

bU6kZ.jpg

I sold a 600 dps lvl 55 2H staff for 200k yesterday.

Level requirement -5 sure made it wreck face. Too bad it never sold for anything more than 200k.

teh_pwn

"Saturated fat causes heart disease as much as Brawndo is what plants crave."
And my first LEGENDARY!

ebo1x.png

womp womp. :/

lol, lots of magical items beat that. It doesn't even have a slot, which is mandatory for my helm selection.

If it weren't for attack speed it would be junk.

LordCanti

Anyone in NA willing and able to tank Inferno Azmodan?

Alternatively...

Any tanks in NA with the Inferno staff want to two man ponies with me? DH with over 200% MF (30k non crit/like 70k crit in DPS gear).

Mazzo

GAF, I thought I was ready for Act 2 Inferno, but those lacuni and wasps easily destroy me. Elites are simply untouchable. Help me please. DPS is non-buffed.

FprNx.png

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
You're not using a shield.

x3r0123

Alternatively...

Any tanks in NA with the Inferno staff want to two man ponies with me? DH with over 200% MF (30k non crit/like 70k crit in DPS gear).

he isnt hard at all because i can kill him with my wiz solo

Alternatively...

Depends what you mean by able. I cant make it to him solo because of the trash champ packs but i think i could probably tank him. Soloed Siegebreaker as tank barb a few times, and ive done ok solo all the way up to Heart of Sin quest. Lamp#1105

I'll be on in an hour

LordCanti

Depends what you mean by able. I cant make it to him solo because of the trash champ packs but i think i could probably tank him. Soloed Siegebreaker as tank barb a few times, and ive done ok solo all the way up to Heart of Sin quest. Lamp#1105

I'll be on in an hour

I don't have the WP. We'd have to either fight or flag hop our way to him.

he isnt hard at all because i can kill him with my wiz solo

I know, I'm just really bored.

Artanisix

Mazzo, your resists are extremely low. 400 res with Warcry/Impunity is no go. And your DPS is fairly low for a 2H Barb build too, I think you might need to look into a weapon upgrade, or IAS/Crit/Crit Dmg jewelry if you don't have some of that.

Here's my A3 Barb's current stats unbuffed:

Neki

Mazzo, your resists are extremely low. 400 res with Warcry/Impunity is no go. And your DPS is fairly low for a 2H Barb build too, I think you might need to look into a weapon upgrade, or IAS/Crit/Crit Dmg jewelry if you don't have some of that.

I remember when you were a monk
good times

Mazzo

That's a bummer, I had just bought this 2 handed sword too...

Thanks for the tips.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom