• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT3| Turn On Elective Mode, Get an Authenticator

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kyoufu

Artanisix, mind posting your gear? Would like to get an idea of which DPS pieces to shoot for. How is A3 for you? Can you get 5 stacks easily?

Mazzo

Just find one like I did, np.

How good is your 2H?

Not good enough
QwE9J.png

Artanisix

@Mazzo: That weapon looks just fine for A2 actually. Swap out Berserker rage passive for Ruthless. Looks like the stats you need to aim for are crit, crit damage, and resists. You only have 8% crit!

And yeah I can post my gear later. A3 up until after Siegebreaker is just fine, 5 stacks isn't that difficult with an Earthquake/Seismic slam build. Towers are a no go though, Phasebeasts, Harpies, and Soul Rippers are way too much for me right now.

teh_pwn

"Saturated fat causes heart disease as much as Brawndo is what plants crave."
Is the DPS high enough on this that a monk would care to buy it?

SGlj2.jpg

A couple hundred more DPS and I'd have been swimming in gold ;_;

Someone in late Hell or early inferno would buy it for < 200k. Might be really low like 50k if the AH is flooded with them.

It lacks attack speed+, life on hit or life steal. Typical things I would have looked for.

Totakeke

Is the DPS high enough on this that a monk would care to buy it?

SGlj2.jpg

A couple hundred more DPS and I'd have been swimming in gold ;_;

Put a 600 LOH gem on it and sell it.

Then I'd buy it at your loss and flip the gem. :p

I think it might still fetch a pretty good price.

LordCanti

Someone in late Hell or early inferno would buy it for < 200k. Might be really low like 50k if the AH is flooded with them.

It lacks attack speed+, life on hit or life steal. Typical things I would have looked for.

There is a difference between life on hit and "each hit adds to life"?

I sold a 600 dps lvl 55 2H staff for 200k yesterday.

Level requirement -5 sure made it wreck face. Too bad it never sold for anything more than 200k.

Yeah I know about the level requirement stuff, for the most part I was referring to weapons without that affix.

I'm too poor to be spending gold on those weapons anyway right now though.

RDreamer

Any other monk feel like they picked the worst class in the game? I really want to stick with it, and I have some sort of weird attachment to that character, despite my feelings. I did create a witch doctor and got him up to 60, and even though I feel like I could gear him up quite easily to roll past where my monk is I just feel like I need to keep putting more into my monk and keep slamming my head against that wall.

I just got to Act 3 and I think that might be the final straw, though... After hobbling my way through Act 2, and finally getting to a pretty comfortable place in that act, where I could tank some big elites in 4 player games (before the hot fix, even), I felt like I could get to Act 3 and probably get through enough of it that I could find a spot to collect some decent items. Unfortunately it's just another brick wall... I also kind of feel like the character has gone shitty since inferno started. I've had to change almost every single one of my abilities to defense, and I've had to convert a ton of my items to purely defense. My DPS has gone down every step of the way. It takes soooo long to kill anything compared to a wizard or witch doctor or demon hunter...

Neki

@Mazzo: That weapon looks just fine for A2 actually. Swap out Berserker rage passive for Ruthless. Looks like the stats you need to aim for are crit, crit damage, and resists. You only have 8% crit!

And yeah I can post my gear later. A3 up until after Siegebreaker is just fine, 5 stacks isn't that difficult with an Earthquake/Seismic slam build. Towers are a no go though, Phasebeasts, Harpies, and Soul Rippers are way too much for me right now.

To be fair no one can handle those.

teh_pwn

There is a difference between life on hit and "each hit adds to life"?

Life steal is percentage. "Life steal" is how you search for the stat in the AH, but in the weapon it says something else like "2.8% of damage is converted to life" or something.

Life on hit is a scalar number, like "+400 life on hit"

They're the same thing, just different metrics.

I don't like how the AH and weapons use different phrases.

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
Life steal is percentage. "Life steal" is how you search for the stat in the AH, but in the weapon it says something else like "2.8% of damage is converted to life" or something.

Life on hit is a scalar number, like "+400 life on hit"

They're the same thing, just different metrics.

I don't like how the AH and weapons use different phrases.

Errr, life on hit is way better, and his weapon has a lot of it.

teh_pwn

Errr, life on hit is way better, and his weapon has a lot of it.

DERP, I'm seeing that now. Don't know why I missed it.

Yeah, the item could be anywhere between 50-450k, depending on supply. The life on hit is high, but the DPS is low. Before I abandoned my monk I had 2 800 DPS 15+% attack speed, 100+ dex. Each were around 400-900k

Totakeke

That weapon is definitely worth much more than 200k. It has 600 LOH with an empty socket. It's like getting 80% crit damage with an empty socket on a bow man! Except in this case the dps doesn't matter as much.

But then I don't play a monk.

LegoDad

It has 600 life on hit.. it's worth alot...

maharg

idspispopd
Does anyone else feel like items on the AH shouldn't have gems in them? Should require you to remove them before selling.

GJS

660 dps dagger with 600 LoH and a socket, also has dex. It will get bought instantly at any price under 1mil, and would probably eventually sell for over 1 mil.

Totakeke

Just look it on up the AH then if you guys can't agree on a price, gosh.

I'm sure there aren't many weapons like that on the AH (I can't check AH now :( ).

Plus if you had enough LOH as a monk to not die to elites, I'm sure it doesn't matter as much that you take few more minutes to kill that thing.

zlatko

Banned
Idk how you DH's do it. I've been doing solo on NM with my templar tricked out, and I'm tricked out. Maybe my skills just suck?

I'm at level 42, so if anyone has a good build for me to mimic I'm all ears.

I basically get 1 shotted too often. :p

teh_pwn

Does anyone else feel like items on the AH shouldn't have gems in them? Should require you to remove them before selling.

Yes. Makes comparisons so difficult sometimes. Chest armor pieces and pants with vitality or any other stat. You'll ask for 100+ vitality and 3 sockets and find chest armor with +21 vitality and 3 vitality gems.

LegoDad

Server just crashed.. Just got a New Weapon with 600 LOH, 100 Str, and 100 vit, for my barb, then put at +300 LOH in the socket, for only 150k..

It only does 480 DPS, but i'm a tank.

Narag

At the very least, it shouldn't count towards the filter. It's annoying to pull stuff up only to see the minimum level you specified is attained via gemming.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom