• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT3| Turn On Elective Mode, Get an Authenticator

Status
Not open for further replies.
At least I made progress in Act 2 before this shit happened, I was having awesome luck with elites/champ packs and flipped some rings on the AH

Now hopefully there is someone that really wants a +str, dex, all resist, phys resist, MF and GF belt on the AH

Riggs

Banned
Here is something weird. I was moving an amulet in my stash and the damage bonus varied depending on where it was. :|

Original position : http://i.imgur.com/iUTKt.jpg

After moving : http://i.imgur.com/vZjS7.jpg

Am I missing something obvious? Sharpshooter was maxed out.

edit: What the hell, it does that with most items. Just move it around in your stash. :|

It's sharp shooter :D DPS on items changes depending on what % your crit chance is currently at.

LegoDad

So I'm in Act II... Think I'm ready for Act III yet?? ( trying to decide between higher Attack per second, for higher LOH, or taking the resists.)

avrnX.jpg

or

vhY0H.jpg

GJS

Here is something weird. I was moving an amulet in my stash and the damage bonus varied depending on where it was. :|

Original position : http://i.imgur.com/iUTKt.jpg

After moving : http://i.imgur.com/vZjS7.jpg

Am I missing something obvious? Sharpshooter was maxed out.

edit: What the hell, it does that with most items. Just move it around in your stash. :|

Damage is off all the time.

I can pick up a shield drop in game and it will say it reduces my damage by 20k, if I close the inventory or equip and unequip it will say the correct amount.

Riggs

Banned
Sharpshooter was maxed out. :|

Jesus, it must take you years to kill +HP elites.

Ah not sure then, but look at your items in the inventory and check the DPS. As crit % climbs depending on the item, dps will go up or down.

Pretty sure that's what was going on, but if you are sure ... dunno then.

Meier

You are in Nightmare?? I never worried about resist in NM.. Go health.. I thought it was an inferno question.

The guy asked about whether a helm with vit/life or one with resist was better for a barb and you said neither.. so I was curious if you were suggesting there was something better for a barb (strength over vit for instance).

theta11

So I'm in Act II... Think I'm ready for Act III yet?? ( trying to decide between higher Attack per second, for higher LOH, or taking the resists.)

Too much resists I think and not enough HP. Also you are going to want a shield with a minimum of 20% block chance.

The guy asked about vit/life or resist and you said neither was important for a barb.. so I was curious as to what you would suggest.
I started inferno with a barb recently, I didn't give a shit about resistance the whole way through normal/nightmare/hell. Never had a piece of gear with all resistance once. Strength + vit, that was it.

hitmon

Unbelievable, almost a month since release and I'm getting the server is busy message. Does Blizzard get a free pass for this shit? I remember Ubisoft getting shat on with online DRM.

Meier

I started inferno with a barb recently, I didn't give a shit about resistance the whole way through normal/nightmare/hell. Never had a piece of gear with all resistance once. Strength + vit, that was it.

Do you think one is more important than the other? Vit or Strength that is. Here is my guy.. still plenty of room to upgrade some pieces but don't have the money yet.

io9fqR1y4KUeB.jpg

Do you think one is more important than the other? Vit or Strength that is. Here is my guy.. still plenty of room to upgrade some pieces but don't have the money yet.

http://i.minus.com/io9fqR1y4KUeB.jpg
I don't remember level 40 too well, but I think your DPS should be higher. Your HP should be at least 30-35K by hell. I honestly can't remember 40, it was so long ago!

More specific advice of what I did, was all my gear basically had at least 60-100 strength boost and 60-100 vit boost (the ranges are because different equipment were easier to find big boosts for both). I remember in Hell I had 4K dps give or take, and 34-36K hp. Not sure about nightmare.

GorillaJu

io9fqR1y4KUeB.jpg

Get a good mix of both but prioritize strength. At level 60, if it's anything like DH you'll want gear that has about a 100:75:60 STR:Vit:resist all ratio

Two questions about gems. Will anything ever drop better than Flawless Square? I'm in Act 2 of Inferno and that's still all I'm getting---wasn't sure if to go above that you simply hae to craft and that's that. Also, is there any money to be made from crafting higher level gems and selling on AH? Or will the price to make them not yield profit?

lol lagged out with phase 3 inferno diablo at 20%
That's messed up

Zuly

I haven't been disconnected in the past 15 mins and I'm just going through the game like a very pussy Wizard just in case I lag mid elite fight.

OK now it logged in, everything seemed fine started playing, got to a boss pack, lag spike to 2000 ping, HC character killed without being able to do anything but teleport around from lag spikes while being hit by monsters that I can't see.

Fuck it I'm done with this game. The only innovation this fucking game has is introducing server issues and lag to the single player game. Fuck it right in the ass.

SupaNaab

io9fqR1y4KUeB.jpg

I'm a HC Inferno Barb. Every piece of mitigation you add increases the value of what vitality you have. You definitely want mitigation (Armour, Resistances) over Vitality if you intend solely on surviving. Ideally Vitality is probably on every piece of your gear and the only time you should ever consider giving it up is for more mitigation. Also keep in mind that the lower your health is, the better other stats become (e.g. If you have extremely high mitigation and low vitality your health pots or life on hit are insanely more valuable alternatively if you have poor mitigation and high vitality health pots and life on hit are less and less valuable because they don't heal enough).

MITIGATION: 1 Resist All = 10 Armour = 10 STR = 10 INT
While levelling, it's worth upgrading gear solely for the armour increase despite losing other stats.

Does anyone else feel like items on the AH shouldn't have gems in them? Should require you to remove them before selling.

Yeah this bugs me too. It really fucks up the whole point of filters, especially with randomized stats. In WoW you can put stuff up pre-gemmed and enchanted, but loot isn't random like Diablo, so it ultimately doesn't matter - it's not a common thing to see anyway.

pigeon

Banned
Has anyone ever had an item that says it will add +656 damage in green and then it minuses 656 damage when you equip it?

There's an (honestly pretty absurd) comparison bug where two-handed weapons compare only to your right hand item, even though they'll replace both items. The result is that comparing between one-handed and two-handed items is basically useless -- you have to actually try stuff on.

If that isn't what you're talking about, I have no idea.

GJS

Two questions about gems. Will anything ever drop better than Flawless Square? I'm in Act 2 of Inferno and that's still all I'm getting---wasn't sure if to go above that you simply hae to craft and that's that. Also, is there any money to be made from crafting higher level gems and selling on AH? Or will the price to make them not yield profit?

That's messed up
Combining gems isn't worth it, the AH prices after the transaction fee are less than the money spent creating the gems.

You can probably price higher than the AH price and leave it to sell once all the cheaper gems are bought and make a profit, but it is inefficient unless you already have money.

Phenomic

Could someone point me in the right direction of a good Wizard build for Inferno? Not sure what I want to use really, but I like the current skills I have. I doubt these are the popular ones though.

parasight

Soul Lashers seriously need to be neutered or taken out of the game completely. Nothing in the game is even remotely as hard as these guys. They're too fucking fast and powerful.

Totakeke

Soul Lashers seriously need to be neutered or taken out of the game completely. Nothing in the game is even remotely as hard as these guys. They're too fucking fast and powerful.

My automatic reaction to any hint of them coming is to immediately SS, then immediately cast AOE knockback + snare, run away, shoot in direction where I saw their shadow/tounge lick, get ready for another SS, and then pray that they die.

Honestly they're not that bad. Oh, who am I kidding.

Mupod

Phasebeasts. Granted my wizard is only 58 but I've run into those once or twice and I don't even see how I'd be able to kill them on inferno, considering that they shred my tank barbarian (who laughs at soul rippers) in seconds.

Totakeke

The way to deal with phasebeasts comfortably is the same as the annoying heralds. Shoot them at max range and find a way to keep them there. They don't teleport until they're like 1/2 to 3/4 screen away from you.

theta11

Phasebeasts. Granted my wizard is only 58 but I've run into those once or twice and I don't even see how I'd be able to kill them on inferno, considering that they shred my tank barbarian (who laughs at soul rippers) in seconds.

True, Phasebeast champions/elites are pretty ridiculous. My monk tank with pretty good gear doesn't stand a chance against them. They hit me for around 20k per hit and they are almost impossible to kite without movement speed passives.

Totakeke

Actually I hate Moloks more than anything else. They're in that zone where they're not that terrible you want to avoid them, but damn if I don't die to them so many times trying to kill them.

Mupod

Actually I hate Moloks more than anything else. They're in that zone where they're not that terrible you want to avoid them, but damn if I don't die to them so many times trying to kill them.

I'll drink to that. Although if I see molten or fast I am getting the hell out of there, I've been kited by those damn things enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom