• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT3| Turn On Elective Mode, Get an Authenticator

Status
Not open for further replies.

RDreamer

Wow, i've been looking for one exactly like that... You sellin it?

I might be, depending on their worth. I believe they're worth quite a bit, since there's nothing like them on the AH at all, but I suppose I could be wrong. I'm really not sure what I'm going to do. I could build my WD to darts, too. How much would you give for 'em?

Danj

I think we need a separate thread for all the level 60 Inferno people, they are taking up the majority of the posts in this thread and making it difficult for anyone else to get a word in edgewise as it gets lost in the post spam.

Totakeke

I think we need a separate thread for all the level 60 Inferno people, they are taking up the majority of the posts in this thread and making it difficult for anyone else to get a word in edgewise as it gets lost in the post spam.

You're saying that the majority should move out? :)

Grampasso

Do you think one is more important than the other? Vit or Strength that is. Here is my guy.. still plenty of room to upgrade some pieces but don't have the money yet.
You really need to improve DPS, IMHO. At lv 40 I had like 2-3k DPS on my DH, so if you need to improve on something it should be on your weapon (if you search well you can easily find great weapons at sub 10k). Socketed red gem will change your life.

EsD1t.png

Is this shiny?

eek5

Speaking of WD offhands, what kind of stats do people look for in them?

The number one thing is damage because it scales well to attack speed. The only mojos you should be considering are iL63 (snake) because it can roll the highest damage. Ideally you want to be over 240 average (i.e. 105-375 damage would be (105+375)/2 = 240).

After that you want to try to get mana regeneration because you can only get this stat on 3 items (ceremonial knife, helm, and mojo). The more mana regen you can get the better because WD skills scale poorly to attack speed if you don't compensate for regen.

After that I'd target crit%. I think you can roll up to 10% on an off-hand. I don't really see a way to break past 60k dps without either a super high dps 1H or to do a crit%/dmg build.

The rest doesn't really matter. If you can get int, vit, res then great but if not it isn't a huge deal breaker. The most important aspect is getting a high damage mojo and since they can roll something like 28-29 damage at the lowest and 110-400? at the highest there is a lot of variability. Luckily almost nobody is playing WD so other classes have no idea what mojos are valuable and you can easily just pick 1 main stat, set a reasonable buyout (i.e. 1mil) then just start hovering over all snake heads to find ~240 dmg mojos for relatively cheap. I got a 238 one for 500k and I saw a 240 w/ 8% crit earlier for 1m.

Radec

I dunno man, maybe non-inferno players here are the minority?

:)

hey fellas

gtx 580 / i5-2500k@4.5ghz / 12gb of RAM

I ran the game on release... 100 FPS... easily

now I'm stuttering all over the place and dropping down REAL low.. I've heard that others have had this problem

basically, GAF, who I love dearly, please help me fix this :(

theta11

The number one thing is damage because it scales well to attack speed. The only mojos you should be considering are iL63 (snake) because it can roll the highest damage. Ideally you want to be over 240 average (i.e. 105-375 damage would be (105+375)/2 = 240).

After that you want to try to get mana regeneration because you can only get this stat on 3 items (ceremonial knife, helm, and mojo). The more mana regen you can get the better because WD skills scale poorly to attack speed if you don't compensate for regen.

After that I'd target crit%. I think you can roll up to 10% on an off-hand. I don't really see a way to break past 60k dps without either a super high dps 1H or to do a crit%/dmg build.

The rest doesn't really matter. If you can get int, vit, res then great but if not it isn't a huge deal breaker. The most important aspect is getting a high damage mojo and since they can roll something like 28-29 damage at the lowest and 110-400? at the highest there is a lot of variability. Luckily almost nobody is playing WD so other classes have no idea what mojos are valuable and you can easily just pick 1 main stat, set a reasonable buyout (i.e. 1mil) then just start hovering over all snake heads to find ~240 dmg mojos for relatively cheap. I got a 238 one for 500k and I saw a 240 w/ 8% crit earlier for 1m.

There aren't an iLevel 63 Mojos/Sources. :(

And the max damage they can roll is 405.

You can actually pick up mojos and sources pretty cheap if you are willing to put the time in searching the AH. Alot of people don't understand how they work and put them up super cheap.

Xanathus

hey fellas
now I'm stuttering all over the place and dropping down REAL low.. I've heard that others have had this problem
Tons of people have been complaining on Blizzard's D3 tech support forum that this is happening after the 1.0.2 client patch. Blizzard has been ignoring it so far.
edit: can't find the thread now on their forums but basically it was the third+ thread about the issue after the previous 2 maxed out the post count

Neki

GIVE AWAY TIME (NORTH AMERICAN SERVERS)

As you can see, this is no simple give away. I've blacked out important stats on each item, meaning that you're going to have to luck out to get the best item! One of these items is worth 500k, while one of these items is like 50k, and some of them I don't even know the value!

If you want to enter, just PM your battle tag and what item you want. If you can't decide, you can always change your mind or have a place holder. Two lucky people is going to get to gamble on free items!

End time is 6PM Mountain Time tomorrow.

Let me re-iterate, that only two people are going to win.

Good luck! :D

EDIT: You know what, let's make it two people. ;)

Quote for new page!

Holy cow, thanks for the mojo tips, found one with +max mana, 313 damage, +int and +vit with a socket for under 100,000

And I thought my old mojo was cheap and good

LordCanti

hey fellas

Happens to me. No idea how to fix it.

Dont know why people hate act 2 so much. Aside from wasps, most of the enemy types are easy. Unlike, say, soul rippers, icy quillbacks, and packs of 30+ swift skull cleavers. Act 3 starts out good, but after siegebreaker it gets terrible. Everyone says "its just all desert" but i dont get what part of that is bad.

Agree act 1 is best, but to me it's 1>2>3>4

Because everyone is playing DH and those enemies in act 2 are fast :)

equil

I'm freaking out about this IAS nerf...I spent alot of gold on my Crossbow which has 24% IAS. It's probably going to be worthess after the patch.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
I'm freaking out about this IAS nerf...I spent alot of gold on my Crossbow which has 24% IAS. It's probably going to be worthess after the patch.
Same here... I have like 60% FCR :lol

Eh, fuck it.

I saw a good deal on a 775 dps 1h with a socket and 100 str / 100 vit for 850k so i put up my 975 dps + socket 1h with slightly lower att speed for 7m buyout. Definitely taking a big dps hit, about 3k total, but im getting abot 3.7k hp, a ton of armor, and a shitload of money to use on something else that will help my act 3 survivability more. Hope is the right decision lol

Maybe ill use the money to buy a radiant star amethyst for my weapon

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
So did they announce if the change would be retroactive on items or not?
If they are retroactive, that's gonna be completely stupid since that'll make the old items x2000 the price.

mlaz14

hey fellas

Try what's in the first post here http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/5270835538?page=1
It doesn't seem to work for everyone but the game was almost unplayable for me but after this it runs great.

If they are retroactive, that's gonna be completely stupid since that'll make the old items x2000 the price.

Either wait sets a dangerous percedent in my opinion.

If the patch retroactively changes the old weapons to conform to the new ruleset then it illustrates that it could be dangerous to heavily invest in powerful gear as it can be changed on the whim of developer in a future patch

If old items are not retroactively changed but instead keep their original stats, then you get retardly expensive gear that is fundamentally broken in comparison to newer gear.

Isn't it a change of the whole system that calculates your attack speed and dps?

I heard discussion of correcting ias in one of two ways.
Either keep the current stats listed on items but change the formula that applies
Or keep the formula they use but cap the value on items to a lower value.

The former has the disadvantage of creating hidden math that the player is unaware of which doesn't fly with their easy to play philosophy the latter has the issue that younhave a ton of items that would potentially have to change

I don't know which side blizzard wanted to implement. Is it the former or latter?

Xanathus

The logical attack speed nerf would be to just add a cap to it. This makes the attack speed affix still worth something without requiring a difficult to test damage system revamp or requiring a database overhaul of all existing items.

Lord Phol

So how much difference does Magic Find have on loot quality?

I've been running around with five stacks of nephalem and like 1 item with ~11% mf (so about 88% total with full stacks).
Have yet to see a legendary or set item on inferno, but my friend who plays an WD with ~200% mf has all ready cashed in on 5 legendaries and 1 set item.

Are you fucked if you don't have MF that high?
Managing on my barb is hard as is :s.

Neki

I've been running around with five stacks of nephalem and like 1 item with ~11% mf (so about 88% total with full stacks).
Have yet to see a legendary or set item on inferno, but my friend who plays an WD with ~200% mf has all ready cashed in on 5 legendaries and 1 set item.

I can get two rares from each elite if I put on MF gear.

Negator

The logical attack speed nerf would be to just add a cap to it. This makes the attack speed affix still worth something without requiring a difficult to test damage system revamp or requiring a database overhaul of all existing items.

My guess would be that there will be diminishing returns after a certain point, unless they said they wouldn't do that.

LordCanti

I switch to my 250% set when I'm about to bring down a champ or a boss. At 88% MF with NV, you're not even at half of what I'm at without NV.

So yeah, your drops will suffer. You could still get the best items in the game, it's just a lower chance.

Yoshichan

Did I win the lottery, or is this ring a dud?

vIS19.png
That is fucking ridiculous. Grats on the billions and billions of gold you'll be getting for that.

Where did you find it, how much MF + NV did you have?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom