• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT3| Turn On Elective Mode, Get an Authenticator

Status
Not open for further replies.
Question: I love loot games and Diablo 2, but is it worth buying the game if I intend to play it 100% single player? No auction stuff, no co-op (none of my friends play and I don't like playing with strangers), nothing that involves other people. Should I just wait till the network problems are ironed out?

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
Question: I love loot games and Diablo 2, but is it worth buying the game if I intend to play it 100% single player? No auction stuff, no co-op (none of my friends play and I don't like playing with strangers), nothing that involves other people. Should I just wait till the network problems are ironed out?

Inferno is likely impossible for you without the AH.

tch

I was thinking about giving away some items, should I turn it into a give away? :p

DO IT, but don't make the entry period last three days. Make it just a few hours to reward those refreshing this thread religiously. Wizard/Monk here fwiw haha

Inferno difficulty is no fucking joke...my god...

Actually, it is.

I bet it haven't been playtested outside of bosses. These elite/champ power combinations can be beyond ridiculous. There is no fun playing against that. You just get spamed, block, teleported, wall'd, aoe'd, from every angle and it feels worst than getting raped dry.

Did somebody say giveaway?

original.jpg

I swear.

Radec

Nope.

Drop rate is as bad as inferno.

RDreamer

I'm really getting sick of butcher runs. I'm not sure why I even do it anymore. I get one AH-able item that sells at maybe 30k every 5-6 runs. Everything else is worse than trash. Are there any good runs that people do in groups in Act 2? I'm talking something where you get a full game right away like butcher runs. I don't like doing a "run" with like 2 people.

eek5

Yeah... based on how long it took a group of 4-8 people in HC to farm goblins in A1/A2 (16 hrs a day for weeks), I'd say playing normally without exploits would take a LONG time to progress without using AH until 1.0.3 comes and fixes drop rates.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
I'm really getting sick of butcher runs. I'm not sure why I even do it anymore. I get one AH-able item that sells at maybe 30k every 5-6 runs. Everything else is worse than trash. Are there any good runs that people do in groups in Act 2? I'm talking something where you get a full game right away like butcher runs. I don't like doing a "run" with like 2 people.

Well, if you have been able to finish Act II alone, you could do Zolten Kulle/Belial Runs, though it may be faster to just do Kulle over and over, Belial is not a fast or easy fight like Butcher. I have no clue if people are doing them, but I am just starting them now.

Also, just to make sure, you are getting 5 Valor Stacks first, right? Just killing the bosses stright up gives pretty horrible loot.

I wouldn't say impossible, I would say very time consuming. About 1000 hours most likely, which is sort of Blizzard's Intent from my interpretation (Hell is supposed to be on par with Diablo 2 Hell, Infernal is supposed to be above that)

TP

I'm resetting for Jay Wilson is anybody else interested?

ToxicPunch#1963 US

Just reset cemetery of the forsaken until you see four crypts open. One of them should be named "Development Hell". Your only prize AFAIK is the achievement.

1/4 right now

RDreamer

Also, just to make sure, you are getting 5 Valor Stacks first, right? Just killing the bosses stright up gives pretty horrible loot.

I am. I'm getting plenty of rares. I get at least 8-10 per run, if not more in some runs. They're all absolute trash though. 99% of weapons that drop in Act 1 inferno are worthless now, for instance. Even if you do manage to get a "high" A1 inferno damage modifier, that still puts you at like 500 dps at most for rares and maybe 600 for blues, and those are worthless on the AH. Most of my loot is crappy helms or belts with mismatched stats like 60 dex and 80 int or something, and no resistances or anything else redeeming.

Ploid 3.0

After getting 3 classes to 60 each to do well in Inferno I just decided today to wait on the patch. I was soloing act 1 and only expected to test out my new gear. I ended up keeping 5 stacks of NV and clearing everything with no problem. Butcher melted fast, then a friend joined me and I warned him that it's on to act 2. Well after a few hours and deaths later I had to tap out after rushing to the sewers only to be greeted by the 4th or more waller/jailer/mortar elite/champ group. Right at the door, and we zombied it trying to take it out (swarm mobs, with illusionist/waller/mortar). Before I even made it to that sewer I was tapping out ready to exit the game, this was just kicking me while I was down. We killed it, horrible worthless drops #293,532,902.

Btw all of those levels I got on these three classes, the loot has been bleh. The first play through I kept expecting the next act to have the good loot, then the next difficulty, and now the next patch.

The best loot is searching the AH for that low price item that you can use. Heart racing because so many other thirsty gamers are looking at that same 1d12 item wondering if it's worth it to buyout before it's snatched up anyway.

Neki

GIVE AWAY TIME (NORTH AMERICAN SERVERS)

As you can see, this is no simple give away. I've blacked out important stats on each item, meaning that you're going to have to luck out to get the best item! One of these items is worth 500k, while one of these items is like 50k, and some of them I don't even know the value!

If you want to enter, just PM your battle tag and what item you want. If you can't decide, you can always change your mind or have a place holder. Two lucky people is going to get to gamble on free items!

End time is 6PM Mountain Time tomorrow.

Let me re-iterate, that only two people are going to win.

Good luck! :D

EDIT: You know what, let's make it two people. ;)

eek5

I am. I'm getting plenty of rares. I get at least 8-10 per run, if not more in some runs. They're all absolute trash though. 99% of weapons that drop in Act 1 inferno are worthless now, for instance. Even if you do manage to get a "high" A1 inferno damage modifier, that still puts you at like 500 dps at most for rares and maybe 600 for blues, and those are worthless on the AH. Most of my loot is crappy helms or belts with mismatched stats like 60 dex and 80 int or something, and no resistances or anything else redeeming.

Yeah.. You really won't find good weapons until A3. That's just how the damage modifier rolls and base damage of item levels work right now. Even if you rolled like 4 damage modifiers maxed on a max base damage iL61 item, it would probably be worse DPS than a iL63 blue with decent rolls.

Ploid 3.0

As you can see, this is no simple give away. I've blacked out important stats on each item, meaning that you're going to have to luck out to get the best item! One of these items is worth 500k, while one of these items is like 50k, and some of them I don't even know the value!

If you want to enter, just PM your battle tag and what item you want. If you can't decide, you can always change your mind or have a place holder. One lucky person is going to get to gamble on free items!

Probably should have blacked out the value too?

TP

I'm resetting for Jay Wilson is anybody else interested?

ToxicPunch#1963 US

Just reset cemetery of the forsaken until you see four crypts open. One of them should be named "Development Hell". Your only prize AFAIK is the achievement.

1/4 right now

I found it, two slots left
edit:done

RDreamer

So, I just got a mojo that I think is insanely good.

guQPV.jpg

I have no idea how to sell it though... Guess I should just make my witch doctor into a poison dart build.

sleepykyo

I wouldn't say impossible, I would say very time consuming. About 1000 hours most likely, which is sort of Blizzard's Intent from my interpretation (Hell is supposed to be on par with Diablo 2 Hell, Infernal is supposed to be above that)

After multiple runs of the last part of Act 1 Inferno, I agree with your assessment. Each run gives enough material for a single craft attempt (if lucky) since most of the items aren't level 6x items. 1 craft attempt every 1.5 runs really isn't cutting it.

eek5

guQPV.jpg

I have no idea how to sell it though... Guess I should just make my witch doctor into a poison dart build.

If youw ant to sell it, post it on the WD forums. Seems like the best way since you can't sort by damage. I see nothing even close to that damage roll w/ poison dart bonus though so it should be worth quite a bit especially considering it has psn dart AND mana regen

Ploid 3.0

guQPV.jpg

Wow yeah that's great, and yeah selling/finding good mojo's, and sources for wiz is a pain. Especially the damage numbers which is what you'd want yours known for as well as having those mp management/darts damage attributes :( GL on finding a buyer. You may need to sell it on Bliz forums or some such thing.

Edit: You know, this is perfect for what most WDs do now. Super fast Poison Darts/Splinters. That stuff drains your mp if you don't have enough mana regen buffs, and it adds great damage. I have a 377 (forgot the low number) and haven't seen one that go above it yet. If 400 is cap that's a perfect item. 300mil!!! Do it!

RDreamer

Wow yeah that's great, and yeah selling/finding good mojo's, and sources for wiz is a pain. Especially the damage numbers which is what you'd want yours known for as well as having those mp management/darts damage attributes :( GL on finding a buyer. You may need to sell it on Bliz forums or some such thing.

Edit: You know, this is perfect for what most WDs do now. Super fast Poison Darts/Splinters. That stuff drains your mp if you don't have enough mana regen buffs, and it adds great damage. I have a 377 (forgot the low number) and haven't seen one that go above it yet. If 400 is cap that's a perfect item. 300mil!!! Do it!

lol, if I could get 300 mil for it I'd do it in a freaking heartbeat. But, yeah, I know WDs mostly do Poison Darts with splinter now, and mana regen is always nice, too. It feels like a sort of perfect roll for a mojo for that build. It's just impossible to search up on the AH. I searched the mana regen and poison dart stuff, and the only stuff that comes up is sets and uniques, mostly. None of it comes close in damage.

Feeling disheartened by the crappy loot drops last night, I decided to make a new Torchlight character.

If there's is one thing Blizzard nailed with D3 is that clobbering dudes damn fun. Barely made it an hour into TL before I wanted to go back. Props to the combat guys, you did your job unlike everyone else.

Danj

If I keep getting the message when logging in to Diablo 3 that my account is locked and I need to answer my secret question or go to the website, does that mean someone is trying to hack my account, or is it just because I'm on holiday? And is there a way I can set my account to "on holiday" so it won't lock it every time I log in?

eek5

d3faE.jpg

Oh cool.. invulnerable minions with the ability to infinitely stun lock me or kill me with their DoT in 2 seconds. So much for that cave.

Xanathus

If you want to enter, just PM your battle tag and what item you want. If you can't decide, you can always change your mind or have a place holder. Two lucky people is going to get to gamble on free items!

Let me re-iterate, that only two people are going to win.

EDIT: You know what, let's make it two people. ;)

I like how you can see that the gloves have been used by him judging by the durability, so you KNOW that they're good enough to be usable.

finally ding'd 60 with my barb tonight!

1a6zD.jpg

working on justice lantern and stormshield and I think I will be pretty beast. Now to hustle up a good 20-25 mil..... :(

eek5

finally ding'd 60 with my barb tonight!

1a6zD.jpg

working on justice lantern and stormshield and I think I will be pretty beast. Now to hustle up a good 20-25 mil..... :(

You hit inferno with 12k armor 1k resists? That must've been a breeze for you. You can probably finish the game with those stats :lol

elfinke

Yep, totally worth it. I haven't touched co-op (not interested), I occasionally jump on the AH to sell extraordinary items or to grab a new weapon when I'm bored of my current one. D3 is great. I've had next to nothing to do with inferno difficulty and have a handful of level 50-60 characters across different realms.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom