• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT3| Turn On Elective Mode, Get an Authenticator

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did I win the lottery, or is this ring a dud?

vIS19.png

Uh, wow.

I've never seen such a dud. I'll gladly dispose of it for you.

Anustart

That is fucking ridiculous. Grats on the billions and billions of gold you'll be getting for that.

Where did you find it, how much MF + NV did you have?

5 stack of NV, dropped from the warden in act 1 lol.

Forgot to mention my mf, which was none :/ Besides the NV.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Ridiculous. I've done Butcher runs over 200 times and never gotten a single drop worth more than 500k.

1.0.3 can't come fast enough.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Ridiculous. I've done Butcher runs over 200 times and never gotten a single drop worth more than 500k.

1.0.3 can't come fast enough.

I have gotten a number of 1M drops. It is ether just blind luck, or maybe we have a different idea of what could be worth something? I run 0% MF on my normal gear, so its not that.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
1.0.3 wouldn't help you there. All the patch will do is widen the level 60+ drop %, not your chances of getting good affixes.
I know that. I've stopped doing Butcher runs weeks ago, it's all about headbutting myself through act 5 nowadays.

Lord Phol

So I've decided to make my dream of a duel-wielding lifestealing/life on hit Barbarian happen.
Even if it takes me 1000 of hours in act 5 and/or just as many patches with inferno nerfs to make it viable. Shields are boring and unworthy!

Zaptruder

Banned
Did I win the lottery, or is this ring a dud?

vIS19.png

Every one of those affixes are primo for a witch doctor or wizard - and bloody damn good for all other classes as well.

The chance of an item dropping like that is...

assuming that been a rare drop is a given

6 properties + socket (max for a ring)

Out of a list of around 50 properties that can go on fingers, you need 4 exact +1 out of 3 (properties that are acceptable) +1 out of 3 (properties that are acceptable).

I estimate... that you just got a 1 in a million drop.

Given that you might get around 10-15 rares on a 5 stack NV -> boss run, that's around 85,000 runs you'd have to play through to get something as good as that again.

100 minutes for a play through like that (normal clear)... you'd need around 141,500 hours of play time on average for a drop like that.

It certainly is 'precious'.

Yoshichan

And the best part is that it's ilvl59 :lol

jersoc

Forgot to mention my mf, which was none :/ Besides the NV.

you found that in act 1?! jesus christ. i gave up because i was sick of finding weapons with 300 fucking dps only. maybe i should try again since it only takes 30 mins.

LordCanti

Pretty much any time I see a rare ring or ammy, I think "This is either going to be worth a lot, or nothing".

I haven't been wrong yet.

rCIZZLE

So what are the cheap places to MF now? I have a DH halfway through act 2 inferno. The only thing I know of now is the goblin in A2.

Anustart

Every one of those affixes are primo for a witch doctor or wizard - and bloody damn good for all other classes as well.

That's the first thing that caught my eye, was that every damn property on it was fabulous. I usually cross my butt cheeks and hope for 2 good properties :/

Anustart

Who knows

I'd try selling it for some rediculus price and then try dropping it a bit every 36 hours ;)

I messed up and put it up for auction before posting it here :/ It's on the ah now with a buyout of 10 million, but bottom bid allowed is 2 million, which could allow this ring to be sniped on the cheap :(

RivalCore

I messed up and put it up for auction before posting it here :/ It's on the ah now with a buyout of 10 million, but bottom bid allowed is 2 million, which could allow this ring to be sniped on the cheap :(

It goes against everything I believe in, but you could use the time/date exploit and cancel the auction.

Yoshichan

You could always... you know... do that trick.
Speaking of rings.

ringd2kfi.png
I give up at this game.

Could always use the auction canceling trick (set your system clock back to the time you listed it) if it comes to that.

Anustart

Well that problem has been solved. Someone bought it at 10 million, which me thinks may have been a touch low since it went immediately lol.

Edit : Also, that trick seems to have been fixed, as I tried it after I posted here and noticed I may have dun goofd.

Thoraxes

I'm freaking out about this IAS nerf...I spent alot of gold on my Crossbow which has 24% IAS. It's probably going to be worthess after the patch.

I like it because I can finally throw away my level 37 legendary boots with like 16% IAS on them.

I haven't found anything better yet.

syllogism

10m is about the upper limit I would pay for it. While It's a very good ring, it has low IAS/res all and the latter isn't very important for wiz anyway. Both of my rings were 10m or less and better than that one, though admittedly they were mispriced and I waited quite a while to find them.

Totakeke

I just thought of something. When using a fast 1h xbow, I have problems running out of hatred too fast but I regen it also quite quickly. The opposite is true with a slow 2h xbow. So I just have to regen with the 1h then switch for max elemental arrow dps using the 2h. Sounds like it'll work, why not?

Anustart

10m is about the upper limit I would pay for it. While It's a very good ring, it has low IAS/res all and the latter isn't very important for wiz anyway. Both of my rings were 10m or res and better than that one, though admittedly they were mispriced and I waited quite a while to find them.

Yeah, I wasn't worried about that 10m being too low of a buyout, but the 2 million minimum bid was the mistake, as it could have allowed for a cheap sale if no one bid.

Edit : And there we go! Gold just jumped from 250k to 8,250,000. Feels good :D

zon

Yeah, I wasn't worried about that 10m being too low of a buyout, but the 2 million minimum bid was the mistake, as it could have allowed for a cheap sale if no one bid.

I hate you so much.

forever poor

Wallach

Now you can join us in laughing at Diablo 3 poors.

I hate you so much.

forever poor

Like this guy! hahahaha

V_Arnold

So, is this now the thread where we complain about randomized loot...being random?
Good god, Lemon... -.-
Has 500k and bad gear - and is proud of it

Neki

One item in the give away is extremely popular. You're all either demon hunters, or I didn't black out the right stats on it. :p

helmyb.png

Hmm... is this good at all anymore? Did a search on AH for that much vit/res/crit chance and didn't find anything.

Should be worth something. You need look up what vit + lightning resist + all res is going for. The lack of socket hurts, but it should be worth something.

Grampasso

And the best part is that it's ilvl59 :lol
Mh, I wouldn't say so.
In D2 the required character lvl almost never matched with the actual item level.
Every mob had an iLvL property (displayable only through mods on the name label) showing which was the maximum item level droppable from that specific mob). For what I know it still works this way, in fact some legendary items are iLvL 61 and 62 and can only drop respectively on Hell and Inferno if I remember well.
So obviously the iLvL doesn't match the required character level to wear an item.

BlueSteel

Just got to level 59. Had a savior of a dude in public help me beat Belial in Hell. God, I just suck at dodging I suppose.

Onwards to 60, where I can talk with you guys about equips and things..

eek5

At what specific (sub)quest should I start Butcher runs? Doing it from the very last quest would result in a low NV, wouldn't it?

You can always pick up stacks somewhere else if you need them

---

Lol spent 14 mil on a weapon.. turns out it is a sidegrade. Feels good man. :|

V_Arnold

I have found a Lacuni Prowlers yesterday, in Act2.
Was disappointed at seeing it is a "lv52" item, but lol, I am using it cause of +movement speed and +attack speed on bracer slot. Amazing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom