• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT3| Turn On Elective Mode, Get an Authenticator

Status
Not open for further replies.

rCIZZLE

One item in the give away is extremely popular. You're all either demon hunters, or I didn't black out the right stats on it. :p

Should be worth something. You need look up what vit + lightning resist + all res is going for. The lack of socket hurts, but it should be worth something.

Still nothing. Price checking for stuff like this is hard too. Might post it on jsp and see if I get any bites.

Neki

Still nothing. Price checking for stuff like this is hard too. Might post it on jsp and see if I get any bites.

Based on what I see in the AH, your helm would be worth approximately 1 mil on the top end, assuming you find such a lightning res monk (not sure if those exists).

I find that it's possible to "progress" by grinding Act One but not on the chance you'll get upgrades for yourself, but you'll be able to sell things on AH to buy upgrades.

I've got a decent WD suit now through grinding Act 1 for rares and money without using any of the 'exploit' farming methods, just playing as intended, grinding elite packs with NV.

The only possible upgrades I think you could get from Act 1 is primarily jewelry because you'll never ever come close on weapons.

Anustart

At what specific (sub)quest should I start Butcher runs? Doing it from the very last quest would result in a low NV, wouldn't it?

Like someone else stated, start at the hold for a warden kill. I start by going to the festering woods, theres almost always 3 or 4 champ packs there, counting the 2 dungeons, event and one wandering pack.

RivalCore

Most of the public games I've played in Act I, people ignore the guaranteed elites/champs in Leoric's Manor and the Festering Woods. I don't know why, but they assume the Butcher drop is the only way to get rare/decent drops.

Pfft, ignoring 5-8 rare drops in a run is bad time management.

equil

Attack speed on weapons is kind of overvalued anyway atm. Unless your build caters to it.

Yea, but i bought it based on the DPS on the weapon not the IAS. If'd I'd known about the nerf prior, I'd of bought a bow with the same DPS but without the IAS, since the IAS is the reason it has a high DPS.

Neki

GIVE AWAY TIME (NORTH AMERICAN SERVERS)

As you can see, this is no simple give away. I've blacked out important stats on each item, meaning that you're going to have to luck out to get the best item! One of these items is worth 500k, while one of these items is like 50k, and some of them I don't even know the value!

If you want to enter, just PM your battle tag and what item you want. If you can't decide, you can always change your mind or have a place holder. Two lucky people is going to get to gamble on free items!

End time is 6PM Mountain Time tomorrow.

Let me re-iterate, that only two people are going to win. Going to sleep soon, hopefully someone can keep it bumped so more people can get phat lootz!

Good luck! :D

EDIT: You know what, let's make it two people. ;)

Quoting for new page. 11 hours until expiry, tell all your gaffer friends!

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
lol Iskatu

9uSzt.jpg

That fight was practically made for archon.

DSmalls84

Can any Barbs post the build they use for solo Butcher runs?

My stats are
47k HP
13k dmg
200-300 Resist All w/ buff.

Will that be enough to try to tackle him solo?

My stats are
47k HP
13k dmg

You should be good to take him. Consider even sacrificing some life for damage if you have some backup gear, just so your runs don't take so long. 47K HP isn't really necessary (but certainly helpful)

itxaka

Defeatist
ARgh, so level 32, finished normal mode and Im getting smashed on the next difficulty.

Monk, have a couple of things from the AH, especially weapons with 50dps and +100dex each which makes my dex around 900. Still getting my ass kicked on Act1.

What do I do? I don't want to grind, I did a bit of grinding and all the loot is crappy.

I am having serious trouble in Nightmare, Act 2 as a Witch Doctor. I was having a blast as a WD up until this point. But now I am almost 1 hit by any blue/golden mobs and there are some regular mobs that just eviscerate me in groups. What am I doing wrong? Are there some good builds for a WD that I don't know of?

I'm hoping not to resort to the Auction House since I am not even level 60 yet. Should I just farm some gear until I am comfortable? Should I just kill Nightmare Butcher?
Quick Edit: What stats should I be focusing on as a Witch Doctor? My friend told me not even to worry about Magic Find since im not level 60 yet and to just focus on Vitality and Intelligence for now. Is this correct?

Bigger Stats Image: http://i.imgur.com/0CcDS.jpg
Bigger Skills Image: http://i.imgur.com/Fcs65l.jpg

0CcDSl.jpg

Fcs65l.jpg

V_Arnold

MutantCyborg, there are several immediate fixes to your problems.
First things first: try to get a helm that has sockets on it and put +% life into it.
Then, get a shield that has vitality also. That will make your life easier.

There is the passive that gives you damage reduction (20% to both you and your pets), that is required as well if you are having survivability problems.

Dina

I am having serious trouble in Nightmare, Act 2 as a Witch Doctor. I was having a blast as a WD up until this point. But now I am almost 1 hit by any blue/golden mobs and there are some regular mobs that just eviscerate me in groups. What am I doing wrong? Are there some good builds for a WD that I don't know of?

I'm hoping not to resort to the Auction House since I am not even level 60 yet. Should I just farm some gear until I am comfortable? Should I just kill Nightmare Butcher?
Quick Edit: What stats should I be focusing on as a Witch Doctor? My friend told me not even to worry about Magic Find since im not level 60 yet and to just focus on Vitality and Intelligence for now. Is this correct?

Bigger Stats Image: http://i.imgur.com/0CcDS.jpg
Bigger Skills Image: http://i.imgur.com/Fcs65l.jpg

0CcDSl.jpg

Fcs65l.jpg

I would say Int and Vit. I didn't really focus on anything else. Attack speed is nice tho.

Also, it's okay to shop in the auction house if you can't get it. Look for weapons at your level, it's not unusual to see weapons with triple the DPS as the one you have.

As for skills, I ran with a vision quest build until very, very late.

Dart - Splinters
Bats - Dire Bat
Grasp of the Dead - extra slow
Spirit Walk - Honored Guest
Soul Harvest - Siphon or Hex - Hedge Magic (or if you're having trouble keeping the cooldown up, try Big Bad Voodoo or Fetish Ambush)
Gargantuan - Restless Giant

Vision Quest
Pierce the Veil or Spiritual Attunement
Spirit thingy passive

rCIZZLE

helmyb.png

Hmm... is this good at all anymore? Did a search on AH for that much vit/res/crit chance and didn't find anything.

Anybody else got a price check on these before I toss them up in the AH? Not really sure how the crit chance factors into the price. None of the ones I saw with that much vit and res even had crit chance. Broke as hell so hopefully this can at least give me a significant upgrade.

Anybody else got a price check on these before I toss them up in the AH? Not really sure how the crit chance factors into the price. None of the ones I saw with that much vit and res even had crit chance. Broke as hell so hopefully this can at least give me a significant upgrade.

There's no hurry in selling good stuff - give it maybe twice the price of equvalent without crit chance and observe ;) If it doesn't sell drop the price by 5-10% and try again.

IMHO crit chance is second best offensive stat you can get after IAS.

Switters

Hi! I just finished act 2 as WD in Nightmare. I didn't have a problem with it like I thought I would.

My stats are INT and VIT stacked, and I was pumping out 1000k dps unbuffed.

I was using a Vision Quest build and pretty much burnt down any mobs that got in my way.

Here's the build:

Vision quest regenerates mana by %300 when you have 4 or more skills on cool down.
What you do is keep your fetish army and big bad voodoo on cool down, use unbreakable grasp, then spirit walk + soul harvest then spam dire bats until everything is dead.

Belial is a completely different build, but I hope this helps. Good luck!

Xanathus

Asian server players are hopping onto the US server because their server is down for indefinite maintenance. Blame Blizzard.

I was even thinking of starting a HC character...

IceMarker

I lagged toward the end of a fight with Hell Diablo, thankfully my newly 3rd Level 60 char had Hydra still up and was doing DPS while I was frantically dodging stuff through lag! :D

This is my Witch Doctor so far, still just farming Act 1, haven't tried Act 2 yet, might wait until 1.03.

I farm Act 1 and nickle and dime my way to upgrades. I think the next things I need are millions, it'll be a better main hand, this time with stats more than just DPS+a bit of IAS. (I'll probably go high INT with Crit Damage, and some IAS)

I also am trying to balance a bit less IAS in advance of the nerf, so my crit stats are decent enough.

(Pierce the Veil is on, my spec is weak, just primarily survival darts with Locust Swarm to kill the smaller mobs.)

n7PE8.jpg

Asian server players are hopping onto the US server because their server is down for indefinite maintenance. Blame Blizzard.

I'd rather blame people who started duping items. But at least Blizzard reacted fast to it.

hym

Banned
I invested in Magic Find for my Inferno farming gear, around 230% without Nephalem Valor or followers (templar adds 10%). But so far I can't say it paid off, I do see a lot more Rares drop than before, 3 from Champions with 5 stacks is the usual but after a week I only looted 2 or 3 items worth selling for over 500k, low DPS weapons in Act 2/3 inferno is my main gripe.

So today I make some changes to my progress gear and spec and I go test it out in Act 1 Halls of Agony (just to get the hang of the rotation), I have 0 Magic Find in that gear, I also took Scoundrel with me to check the uptime of the 10% damage buff so also 0 MF and had no stacks of valor yet.

First elite I kill this drops:

XLN99.png

Of course this is the nature of a lottery and I should be happy but when Act 3 Inferno with MF gear can be so incredibly frustrating it's discouraging that the game then throws a bone at me while doing nothing.

I probably should find a buyer before Attack Speed becomes average.

thanks for the suggestions, I added a amethyst to my Helm and got around a 700+ HP increase, hopefully it'll help me.

I'm gonna mess with some builds you guys suggested for a little and see if I like how they work. Is there a website you're getting these builds from or are you just making them up as you play?

I invested in Magic Find for my Inferno farming gear, around 230% without Nephalem Valor or followers (templar adds 10%). But so far I can't say it paid off, I do see a lot more Rares drop than before, 3 from Champions with 5 stacks is the usual but after a week I only looted 2 or 3 items worth selling for over 500k, low DPS weapons in Act 2/3 inferno is my main gripe.

So today I make some changes to my progress gear and spec and I go test it out in Act 1 Halls of Agony (just to get the hang of the rotation), I have 0 Magic Find in that gear, I also took Scoundrel with me to check the uptime of the 10% damage buff so also 0 MF and had no stacks of valor yet.

First elite I kill this drops:

XLN99.png

Of course this is the nature of a lottery and I should be happy but when Act 3 Inferno with MF gear can be so incredibly frustrating it's discouraging that the game then throws a bone at me while doing nothing.

I probably should find a buyer before Attack Speed becomes average.

That is an awesome ring for my monk. Arcane is even my resistance of choice. Too bad I only have 400k. Good find though! I find that MF just helps you get the rare to drop; getting the right properties is a whole other story. Just the luck of the draw.

TheYanger

My stats are
47k HP
13k dmg

What's your armor? your damage is fine, your hp seems high (hp is not really a super important stat). armor and resists matter more for actual damage reduction. You want 10:1 armor:resists ideally. I think act 1 5k armor 400 resist all is a good goal? maybe I'm overshooting it it's been a while. The butcher himself is a cakewalk though if your dps is ok, so you're probably fine.

Sarcasm

I hop over to Asia when NA is down for the schedule maintenance (plus other times its down). So be nice =p.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom