• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT3| Turn On Elective Mode, Get an Authenticator

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xanathus

I hop over to Asia when NA is down for the schedule maintenance (plus other times its down). So be nice =p.

I've got nothing against Asian players hopping over to the US servers, which is why I said blame Blizzard for taking down servers during gaming prime-time for Asian players.

IceMarker

...well, I must have missed a lot recently.
I think people are confusing duping items with the infinite material crafting glitch which got fixed before the US/EU servers were even aware, and the supposed duping videos are showing client side duping which means the items aren't carrying over to the server at all.

Bradach

I saw a video (on an aisian sort of you tube, not sure if i'm allowed link) of someone ingame making copies of the same axe over and over from his inventory. Has anyone in here heard of this? Whats going on??

EDIT - nevemind, i should have read the posts above

scy

So finally decided to switch from my Attack Speed Wizard build to something more Crit and Attack Speed focused. I have pretty ridiculous defensive stats (60k HP, 6k buffed armor, 700 buffed Resists) so, oddly, Diamond Skin is super useful again. And Critical Mass with Spectral Blades spam is kind of fun with Wave of Force going as well.

Oh Wizards. You melee so well.

I think people are confusing duping items with the infinite material crafting glitch which got fixed before the US/EU servers were even aware, and the supposed duping videos are showing client side duping which means the items aren't carrying over to the server at all.

Ah, just those. Thought we had something major on our hands.

Dina

Of course this is the nature of a lottery and I should be happy but when Act 3 Inferno with MF gear can be so incredibly frustrating it's discouraging that the game then throws a bone at me while doing nothing.

I probably should find a buyer before Attack Speed becomes average.

You can do Act 3 with MF gear? I can tackle Act 3 pretty well, but not with MF gear. I get dropped way too fast.

Owzers

ARgh, so level 32, finished normal mode and Im getting smashed on the next difficulty.

Monk, have a couple of things from the AH, especially weapons with 50dps and +100dex each which makes my dex around 900. Still getting my ass kicked on Act1.

What do I do? I don't want to grind, I did a bit of grinding and all the loot is crappy.

maybe try playing nightmare with a group?

tjohn86

Hey guys, I just killed Hell Diablo with my WD (awesome fight) and I'm not really psyched to grind out my last two levels in the spire. Is there a leveling trick that still works? If not... where is a good place for an XP run?

Definity

Playing a monk on infero and just went into ACT2. Holy balls....I don't last 2 seconds. :(

What should I be shooting for on resists, dps, armor before I attempt that act again? Can someone give me some comparisons on stats you used?

scy

Playing a monk on infero and just went into ACT2. Holy balls....I don't last 2 seconds. :(

What should I be shooting for on resists, dps, armor before I attempt that act again? Can someone give me some comparisons on stats you used?

~30k HP, 18k buffed DPS (~10k unbuffed), 4k Armor, 400 Resists was more-or-less fine for Dual Wielding it. Guardian's Path and focusing on Evasion to get to ~65-70% buffed Evasion. ~500 Life on Hit and ~120 Life per Spirit Spent.

scosher

I am having serious trouble in Nightmare, Act 2 as a Witch Doctor. I was having a blast as a WD up until this point. But now I am almost 1 hit by any blue/golden mobs and there are some regular mobs that just eviscerate me in groups. What am I doing wrong? Are there some good builds for a WD that I don't know of?

I'm hoping not to resort to the Auction House since I am not even level 60 yet. Should I just farm some gear until I am comfortable? Should I just kill Nightmare Butcher?
Quick Edit: What stats should I be focusing on as a Witch Doctor? My friend told me not even to worry about Magic Find since im not level 60 yet and to just focus on Vitality and Intelligence for now. Is this correct?

Quick glance and what immediately popped out was the fact that you had 1k Intelligence, yet only 750 or so damage. That's extremely low and probably means you're using a weapon that has really shitty DPS for your level. Your defenses and health are more than enough for NM, so I would just go to the AH and pick up a decent weapon upgrade and that alone should help you through.

Any reason you do not want to resort to AH? Is it solely to play the game using farmed gear? Cause if it's a monetary issue, items that are sub-60 usually go for pennies. Literally like 2-3k for a good weapon upgrade at your level.

RivalCore

Killed Belial with 750 Res (unbuffed), 5000k armour (unbuffed) and 15k DPS. Certain elite mobs were still brick walls for me, but that's a comfortable level of stats to move through the Act.

Oh I also had 600+ LoH which made a huge difference. I got lucky and scored an amulet and a ring for less than 1.2mil combined to get that. No way could I afford the weapons.

scy

Oh I also had 600+ LoH which made a huge difference. I got lucky and scored an amulet and a ring for less than 1.2mil combined to get that. No way could I afford the weapons.

I just bought two decent Life per Spirit Spent Weapons that had sockets. Star Amethysts are an investment, sure, but having two of them helps a lot for the +600 Life on Hit. Or just stop at Radiants for the almost +200 each.

equil

Hey guys, I just killed Hell Diablo with my WD (awesome fight) and I'm not really psyched to grind out my last two levels in the spire. Is there a leveling trick that still works? If not... where is a good place for an XP run?

I usually just redo the quests on Act3 up to the end of rasing all the catapults and restart.

RivalCore

I just bought two decent Life per Spirit Spent Weapons that had sockets. Star Amethysts are an investment, sure, but having two of them helps a lot for the +600 Life on Hit. Or just stop at Radiants for the almost +200 each.

Is dual wielding a viable way to go? I want to ditch the shield, for purely shallow reasons, but I'm afraid I'd get gang raped in Act III.

Meier

You really need to improve DPS, IMHO. At lv 40 I had like 2-3k DPS on my DH, so if you need to improve on something it should be on your weapon (if you search well you can easily find great weapons at sub 10k). Socketed red gem will change your life.

I have been using a socketed purple +25 hp per hit gem but I guess I'm probably getting to the level (or well past it really) where it'd make more sense to focus on adding damage over it since that's such a drop in the bucket health wise. I'll swap that out this evening.

I spent a good chunk of change on getting some lvl 38 weapons when I hit that so my weapon is pretty current.. it's base DPS is like 62 but we'll see how much it increases with a red gem instead.

chris-013

EYNHF.jpg

Is it worth 2 MIL ?

~30k HP, 18k buffed DPS (~10k unbuffed), 4k Armor, 400 Resists was more-or-less fine for Dual Wielding it. Guardian's Path and focusing on Evasion to get to ~65-70% buffed Evasion. ~500 Life on Hit and ~120 Life per Spirit Spent.
Interesting, maybe my decision to ditch Guardian's Path and pick up a shield wasn't the best one after all. I figured it would be a necessity in Inferno but now I'm thinking that might not be the case.

Right now my monk has about 30k HP, 12k DPS (What buff do you use to get up to 18k? I get to about 14k with Blazing Wrath.), and 400 on my resists with Time of Need. My life on hit is just under 500 as well. As of right now I can progress slowly in Act II but there are definitely some elites that I don't stand a chance against. Of course, things could be a little different for me since I've been playing with at least 2 other players lately.

So anyway I'm wondering if I should go back to dual-wielding with Guardian's Path since my evasion chance is only about 30% right now. I'd probably have to spend a good 500k on a weapon to test the differences, though. Decisions, decisions...

I'm reaching the point where I need to upgrade my weapon also. ~900DPS 2.7%life steal is not cutting it in A3. I really want to try life steal supplemented by LpSS and LoH. I know like steal isn't as good as LoH right now but it has potential at the higher damage ranges. Plus a nerf to LoH wouldn't affect me as hard if I split my forms of healing. A dream weapon would be ~1200DPS +atk speed, LpSS, life steal, and a socket. Any dex or vit is a plus. The socket would get a amethyst. Too bad weapons cost so much. My 400k bank roll won't support anything soon.

I was tanking A3 with a barb at ~400 resist unbuffed (600 buffed), ~6k armor(buffed), 37k life, 14k DPS. I was surviving pretty well for the most part. We got from beginning of A3 to siegebreaker but it got too heavy near the end. It was pretty rough going through some champs but we made it. I've since gotten to ~600 resist unbuffed, ~6k unbuffed, 35k life, 14k DPS. I'm sure a good weapon will help me survive better since my LoH is low as well as my LpSS. I'm not running much LpSS, maybe about 20, and LoH is < 200. I have to use Transcedence. If I had +120 LpSS in equipment I could switch to another passive like Resolve. So much to try and so little money to do it with. Monk Life.

ElyrionX

I just switched to a melee Wizard build. Holy shit this is awesome. With my gear, I am Inferno Act 2 viable and I only have 340 LoH. If I can get more LoH and maybe critical chance, it should work even better.

AEREC

The end game Barbarian looks absolutely stupid, like something from the future. Ive been loving my Barb since he was pretty effective in Hell with some cool looking bone armor...but now that Im in Inferno I need to upgrade and the armor design choices are either look like a knight in full plate or look like an HR Giger creature.

Where's the cool barbarian-esque level 60 armor?

scy

Interesting, maybe my decision to ditch Guardian's Path and pick up a shield wasn't the best one after all. I figured it would be a necessity in Inferno but now I'm thinking that might not be the case.

Right now my monk has about 30k HP, 12k DPS (What buff do you use to get up to 18k? I get to about 14k with Blazing Wrath.), and 400 on my resists with Time of Need. My life on hit is just under 500 as well. As of right now I can progress slowly in Act II but there are definitely some elites that I don't stand a chance against. Of course, things could be a little different for me since I've been playing with at least 2 other players lately.

So anyway I'm wondering if I should go back to dual-wielding with Guardian's Path since my evasion chance is only about 30% right now. I'd probably have to spend a good 500k on a weapon to test the differences, though. Decisions, decisions...

Blinding Flash > Faith in the Light is the other damage buff. Granted, counting it for my DPS is cheating as it's 3s but it lends itself well to Flash -> blow all my Spirit moments.

Also, Evasion is a bit complicated:

Chance to be Hit = (1 - DEX Dodge%) * (1 - Mantra%) * (1 - Guardian's Path%) * (1 - Lightning Flash%) * (1 - Others I forgot%)

Or basically:
(1 - 30%) * (1 - 30%) * (1 - 15%) * (1 - 16%) = (.7) * (.7) * (.85) * (.84) = 35% Chance to be Hit (65% Evasion). Cyclone Strike with Wall of Wind should get you to ~28% Chance to be Hit (72% Evasion) but it's also Cyclone Strike and you'd rather have some damage output there I'd imagine.

Essentially, Monk design is more tailored towards moderate mitigation (to the point of surviving a few hits in a row) and then Evasion to spread those hits out. Life on Hit and spending Spirit will be your ways of healing back to full. The goal isn't to mitigate everything to nothing but to have the survival for a few hits and the recovery to heal back to full fast. You still want that nice healthy balance to maximize your survival; you're not relying on Evasion entirely so you do still want good Armor/Resists.

It also helps that +Life on Hit when Dual Wielding works for both weapons. Makes getting really high Life on Hit possible, especially if you can get them on two good weapons too.

LukeSmith

I just switched to a melee Wizard build. Holy shit this is awesome. With my gear, I am Inferno Act 2 viable and I only have 340 LoH. If I can get more LoH and maybe critical chance, it should work even better.

Yeah I found even at 262 LoH it was pretty easy (Wizard Melee). I imagine it's something that will be nerfed. Standing in the middle of champion packs not dying at all, and being a squishy class, probably won't go unnoticed (I hope it doesn't, though).

scy

Spectral Blades > Healing Blade is pretty fun. It's also fun to have Mirror Image > Mirror Mimics and Wave of Force > Exploding Wave going. So much chaos. Been toying with this build and it's been good stuff. Need to get a new weapon with +Crit Damage and a Socket and get my base Crit to 30%. Should be fun.

Also, probably need to drop Magic Weapon for Hydra. Just better damage in the end, I'd imagine.

Anustart

Thanks to that wonder ring I found earlier, I've picked up some gear for my WD that's boosted my rez by about 200, increased life by 3k and dps by 3k.

Hopefully act 2 plays nicer with 500 rez, 35k hp and 29k dps.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Ok, I'm having serious problems in the Keep's cellars in Act 3.
I have a total of 3,5 mln saved up and want to spend it on something to boost my performance but I have totally no idea what I should buy.
Here's my build, stats and items, hope I can get some good advice here...

scy

Ok, I'm having serious problems in the Keep's cellars in Act 3.
I have a total of 3,5 mln saved up and want to spend it on something to boost my performance but I have totally no idea what I should buy.
Here's my build, stats and items, hope I can get some good advice here...

1H/Off-Hand would probably just ultimately be better damage. You can get a good 100-300 Damage Off-Hand with some stats and a faster MH. The Attack Speed build isn't really suited for 2H (as evidenced by all your IAS and only getting to 1.6 APS, about 1 whole APS lower than what I'd recommend for the Piercing Orb/Hydra/Blizzard build).

You'd probably get better mileage out of a Seeker Missile + Arcane Orb + Arcane Hydra build with Temporal Flux.

As for gear itself, look for some +All Resist on your Shoulders and probably Boots as well; if need be, you can settle for just good +Physical. Blue Ring/Amulet can be the same but with +Armor as it's cheaper (alternatively, +100-ish STR if it's available and cheaper), though IAS% still carries a premium that my hurt your wallet.

Edit: Just to clarify, +100 Armor on an Amulet for 1M vs a +100 STR Amulet for 300k is the same thing Armor wise so take whichever is cheaper if the INT/VIT/Other Stats are good enough.

Ideally, you should be able to get to ~3500 Armor and 400+ Resists and Energy Armor > Prismatic Armor will be a better option vs Force Armor. If need be, run Enchantress as your Follower for +15% more Armor.

neoism

Well ACT 2 Hell lol I beat The Butcher with my 4200 DPS monk... is that low. Probably will just level to 60 in Act 1 first and try to get 12K+ DPS

I hit act II last week. Got worked and then decided best to farm more. I've done so and upped my gear.

29.5K HP
15K buffed DPS w/ 12K unbuffed ( How are you buffing so much)
980 LOH buffed with 680 unbuffed
2.2 APS w/ Shield as I'm not duel wielding
540 resists
80 LPSS
4.5K armor

I use:
FOT > Thunderclap
Crippling Wave > Concussion
Mantra Healing > boon
Breath of Heaven > Blazing Wrath
Lashing Tail Kick > Sweeping Armada

Transendence, Sieze the Initiative, One with Everything

With my current set up, I'm handeling grays fine in Act II. Elites are a different story though. I feel like my armor/resists aren't hight enough and that even with 900+ LOH, I don't genderate enough life.

I don't know how much my dodge is off the top of my head. I haven't been using that kind of a build to this point.

I was just planning on getting my armor and resists up more. My first elite pack I hit was molten, shielded, arcane, and that thing where they lock you up. Maybe not a good judge of my capabilities?

I hit act II last week. Got worked and then decided best to farm more. I've done so and upped my gear.

29.5K HP
15K buffed DPS w/ 12K unbuffed ( How are you buffing so much)
980 LOH buffed with 680 unbuffed
2.2 APS w/ Shield as I'm not duel wielding
540 resists
80 LPSS
4.5K armor

I use:
FOT > Thunderclap
Crippling Wave > Concussion
Mantra Healing > boon
Breath of Heaven > Blazing Wrath
Lashing Tail Kick > Sweeping Armada

Transendence, Sieze the Initiative, One with Everything

With my current set up, I'm handeling grays fine in Act II. Elites are a different story though. I feel like my armor/resists aren't hight enough and that even with 900+ LOH, I don't genderate enough life.

I don't know how much my dodge is off the top of my head. I haven't been using that kind of a build to this point.

I was just planning on getting my armor and resists up more. My first elite pack I hit was molten, shielded, arcane, and that thing where they lock you up. Maybe not a good judge of my capabilities?

Shielding is a pain to get through. you are about where you need to be to get through A2. My build for act 2 was:

Deadly Reach -> Armor buff rune
Blinding Flash -> Damage Buff rune
Sweeping Wind -> Blade Storm
Mantra of Evasion -> Armor buff rune
Serenity?(3 second Immune Skill; Can't remember what its called) -> Healing rune
Healing -> Damage buff rune.

Sorry, at work and I can't remember the names of all the skills.
Deadly Reach will give you some space when attacking pesky plague, molten mobs. Blinding Flash and immune skill gives you time to straight DPS. You just have to move around big damage moves and you should be fine. You might have to skip a couple of bad champ spawns.

The damage buffs will spike your damage up to about 20k-30k for 3-15 secs when you use blinding flash or healing skill. That's when you want to get in to do some damage.

I use about the same build for A3 with decent success. It will be better once I upgrade my weapon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom