• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT3| Turn On Elective Mode, Get an Authenticator

Status
Not open for further replies.
Enchantress is the best imo, for every class. I didn't even use her until I hit 60 when I merely wanted to level her up to 60 as well. I figured Wizard and Enchantress wouldn't have much synergy. Boy was I wrong.

In Inferno, even with less health/armor, she doesn't run in like the retarded Templar and get gibbed. She mostly dies to projectiles/mortar, etc. The real benefit though is that her CC skills and passive auras are immensely helpful for every class. AOE Knockback, 15% armor bonus, 3% atk speed.

This is exactly what I need. Enchantress it is.

scy

I just hate how all companions and my mystic ally aggro shit I don't want to aggro yet.

"I pulled that Treasure Goblin for you! I'M USEFUL!"
"Why the fuck have I not removed your Charge yet."

Well damn, now I feel like I've wasted so much time playing with the Templar. lol

time to switch it up to the Enchantress.

In that case, I might as well mention this in case someone doesn't know: Followers get 2.5 times the listed +Attributes. +100 INT/VIT is actually +250 INT/VIT to them, for instance. It's pretty easy to get them well into the ~1500 or higher VIT and STR/DEX/INT range.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Switched all my +aspd gear to +int one, got some vit on a few items and bought a more powerful 2 hand weapon. I've also changed my skills to the arcane build (I was using it before, but Belilal was much easier with the venom hydra/blizzard one).
Here's my current gear/stats (with buffs):
iFf0KRQ3pGpAU.jpg

irpw06tChq7JR.jpg
Of course elite Soul Ripper pack is still impossible for me, but I can really imagine any of the ranged classes winning against those guys when they're fast/have teleport etc.

My defence for choosing Cold Blooded is as follows - I thought it boost the damage of all attacks on a chilled/frozen target. ;d

550 all resists for act 3? I'm calling bullshit if you did it somehow. At 908 those desecrators and stuff are still almost insta-kills for me. I was running with resolve until recently, when I realized I really couldn't get my resists up any further without OWE

Desecrator will kill you no matter what. Move out of it

scy

Templar is pretty good for blocking some projectiles. What else do you need a meatshield for anyway?

He's also great for Gold Find or Magic Find.

By the way, I'd say Scoundrel is better for DHs. Get him some +Crit%/Crit Damage% Gear with ridiculous amounts of DEX and then both you and him can keep Hysterics (+10% Damage Buff) practically permanently going. He also does good damage himself and he can Smokescreen to heal :X

@Bullshit 550 Resists: Don't know what to say, really. They don't hit one-shots at reasonable ArmorDR%/ResistDR% and you get better HP returns by not stacking extremes in either direction. I'm also saying 5500 Armor/550 Resists as a baseline, it'll probably need to be 6000/600 unbuffed. But, again, that's not all that hard to achieve. And as a bonus, all that extra DEX should help get that 75% Evasion going.

Glix

"I pulled that Treasure Goblin for you! I'M USEFUL!"

I've pulled some crazy ass shit chasing after accidental goblin aggros. Like giants lines of dudes, as I run willy nilly after the goblin. I get super salty when one gets away. I wish there was some super secret way of creating one of THEIR portals and going to their awesome secret treasure world.

Totakeke

He's also great for Gold Find or Magic Find.

By the way, I'd say Scoundrel is better for DHs. Get him some +Crit%/Crit Damage% Gear with ridiculous amounts of DEX and then both you and him can keep Hysterics (+10% Damage Buff) practically permanently going. He also does good damage himself and he can Smokescreen to heal :X

Yeah he is pretty awesome. Though someone needs to come out with a guide on gearing your followers.

parasight

Finally finished Act 3 Inferno solo late last night. Took a break from the game because of how damn frustrating it was. Had to reset a few times due to ridiculous Champion/Elite packs. The spider lady was actually harder than Azmodan.

My Monk's done pretty well for such little Life on Hit and IAS. The first boss in Act 4 is giving me big problems though.

Cagey

Banned
Worst treasure goblin moment...

Found a treasure goblin in Act 3 Inferno. Saw a pack of monsters before it. Approached slowly, carefully, cautiously. Tried to draw the pack of monsters without scaring the treasure goblin.

We succeeded. And then, one of the monsters ran away, and as he ran, he triggered an attack animation (at us? at goblin?) IN THE DIRECTION OF THE GOD DAMN TREASURE GOBLIN. Basically, it looked like the monster got pissed we killed his buddies, and in retreating, he was going to fuck with us by aggroing the goblin.

We chased afterward, ran into one of those "lol inferno" elite packs, ate it.

Yeah, I run with my Scoundrel when I play DH. Extra Crit %? I'll take it. Everything one shots everything when I run Inferno Whimsyshire anyway - might as well kill things quicker with the one asset I have - DPS.

scy

Yeah he is pretty awesome. Though someone needs to come out with a guide on gearing your followers.

Templar - 2000+ STR, VIT, good Shield, get him Resists. Or just don't use him anymore except for having 5 slots to stack Gold Find/Magic Find.

Scoundrel - 2000+ DEX, 1000+ VIT, ~15% Crit Chance, 250%+ Crit Damage. Or just drop the Crit Chance on him entirely if you think you can keep Hysteria up enough without him. Attack Speed is nice here as well but we'll see how nice post-patch.

Enchantress - 2000+ INT/VIT, slow Weapons to beef up her Weapon Damage for Forceful Push and Erosion. You basically want her actual Weapon Damage as high as possible, not artificially boosted due to +Crit%/+Crit Damage%/+Attack Speed%.

Just my thoughts. 2000 for their stats is basically aiming for 150+ in every slot so some of those (Rings, Amulet basically) might be ridiculously expensive :x

i like treasure goblins on my monk because they never get away with fists of thunder/thunderclap. it's great.

I used that move for most of the game so far but have since switched to 100 fists + fists of fury to give that a try. It has a similar short teleport/dash move and does some additional damage. I'm kind of liking it so far.

You should be able to get way over 100 resists for almost nothing on the AH. Just get stuff with 40-50 all resist with your dex and vit. That stuff's insanely cheap now. You can find good stuff for less than 100k per piece, probably. At the very least you would be better off than you are now.

Inspired by GAF (and the useful Inferno posts), I fixed my broken no-resist monk on Friday for 50k:

1. Assume you're running OWE
2. In the search for gear, search for:
- Resist All
- <Something> Resist (pick only one, but please don't pick Poison, that's what I picked)
- Your favorite stat (optional)
3. Repeat #2 until you're at your budget

I went from, eh, 15 resists to 650. I could have gone futher, but all I had at the time was 50k. Your Resist All is A, your picked <Something> Resist is B. Your total resist is A + B as long as you made sure that <Something> is the same for all your gear.

scy

I went from, eh, 15 resists to 650. I could have gone futher, but all I had at the time was 50k. Your Resist All is A, your picked <Something> Resist is B. Your total resist is A + B as long as you made sure that <Something> is the same for all your gear.

As long as you don't sacrifice too much else for it. Resists are good, yes, but the reason they seem to make such a difference is that most people are going from "practically none" at Inferno entry to a few hundred. It's basically just another Armor so having both of them high is the ideal, not just one of them being really high.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Any comments on my current build in the first post of this page?
I still have some gold left so if there's a cheap update available for me let me know, please.

Like most people I'm not doing well in Act II Inferno. Here's my current stats. I need to up my resists right? Maybe some more vitality? I'm made about 30 runs on Jailer and Butcher will a 5 stack. Found 1 rare that was mildly better than what I had. I really want to start farming Act II. I can survive one on one with the enemies, anymore and I'm toast.

Screenshot020.jpg

I'm not super great at recognizing the skills from the bar, but are you not using Revenge?

While your stats aren't insanely great, what is your build? You may want to try something a bit more tank-centric; although, I'm not sure what the "minimum dps" is that is acceptable as a barb in A2.

I really like Krip's build and variants:

Frenzy (Sidearm)
Leap (Iron Impact) --- Can be substituted with Furious Charge (Dreadnought)

WotB (Insanity)
Revenge (Provocation)
War Cry (Impunity)
Threatening Shout (Intimidate)

Superstition | Tough as Nails | Nerves of Steel

As long as you don't sacrifice too much else for it. Resists are good, yes, but the reason they seem to make such a difference is that most people are going from "practically none" at Inferno entry to a few hundred. It's basically just another Armor so having both of them high is the ideal, not just one of them being really high.

True. I didn't read about the (1 - armor red.) * (1 - resist red.) post until after I did what I did, so I kinda overdid my resists (I was in Act III Hell). I just wanted to demonstrate that you can completely fix your monk for way less than you think.

But ... I also can't hurt things anymore. That's up to the numerous DHs, Wizards, and WDs that hide behind me.

scy

Any comments on my current build in the first post of this page?
I still have some gold left so if there's a cheap update available for me let me know, please.

You can try Celestial Orb over Tap the Source if you feel comfortable with the cost. I like Tap a little better (four Orbs > two Orbs). Astral Presence over Illusionist is a thought if you need the better AP Regen and +20 AP.

Prismatic Armor is worth a try but it might not be enough for Act 3 with those stats. I'd give it a shot in, say, Act 1 to see the difference. It's why I don't run Illusionist anymore, really. I found that I don't get hit for >15% of my Health often enough to warrant the spot :x The same applies to Force Armor a bit (that and enough Armor/Resistances to make it just better to have Prismatic).

Just a thought for the future, more +Crit Chance% and Arcane Power on Crit. The build is a bit more AP taxing than the kiting builds that spammed free spells.

Sophia

Like most people I'm not doing well in Act II Inferno. Here's my current stats. I need to up my resists right? Maybe some more vitality? I'm made about 30 runs on Jailer and Butcher will a 5 stack. Found 1 rare that was mildly better than what I had. I really want to start farming Act II. I can survive one on one with the enemies, anymore and I'm toast.

Screenshot020.jpg

Why do you not have Revenge? Or Furious Charge? Are you using War Cry with impurity? Why are you using Call of the Ancients? (very very poor skill)

Also, you have no Life on Hit OR Lifesteal, and your resistances are very low. You have very little in personal defense, and the only thing going for you is your surprisingly good damage. I'm kinda surprised you made it past Act 1 even.

SnakeswithLasers above offered a pretty good build, and this guide itself is great for Barbarians. I recommend reading it.

Askani

In case people haven't seen the other thread, Apple Just showed a new MacBook Pro at the WWDC. It has a Retina display and they showed it running Diablo III at 2880x1800. Speculated to cost infinity billion dollars.

EDIT :::::

Low end is $2199.

Why do you not have Revenge? Or Furious Charge? Are you using War Cry with inpurity? Why are you using Call of the Anicents (very very poor skill)

Also, you have no Life on Hit OR Lifesteal, and your resistances are very low. You have very little in personal defense, and the only thing going for you is your surprisingly good damage. I'm kinda surprised you made it past Act 1 even.

SnakeswithLasers above offered a pretty good build, and this guide itself is great for Barbarians. I recommend reading it.

I'm past Siegebreaker Act 3 and I don't use Furious Charge either, so it's not really crucial as some people would have you believe. That's just my opinion.

But yea, the rest of the skill bar needs some serious work. Lose Earthquake and Call of the Ancients and replace with a) Revenge, and b) either Ignore Pain, Threatening Shout, or Leap.

those changes are actually *required*. You can do some other stuff like trading WotB for Ignore Pain, Threatening Shout, or Leap as well. But I've done fine into Act 3 with Stomp, Revenge, WotB, [Leap/Ignore Pain/Threatening Shout], Frenzy, Warcry. Actually killed Diablo and Azmodan with that build too, but I still lose it at some of the champ packs right before Azmodan without a few more upgrades.

After that, try again and you'll probably still get crushed because additionally you need about 200-250 more all resist. After Warcry and Enchantress (make sure your Enchantress is at 60 and geared to do decent dps) you should be fine for resists.

Sophia

I'm past Siegebreaker Act 3 and I don't use Furious Charge either, so it's not really crucial as some people would have you believe. That's just my opinion.

But yea, the rest of the skill bar needs some serious work. Lose Earthquake and Call of the Ancients and replace with a) Revenge, and b) either Ignore Pain, Threatening Shout, or Leap.

those changes are actually *required*. You can do some other stuff like trading WotB for Ignore Pain, Threatening Shout, or Leap as well. But I've done fine into Act 3 with Stomp, Revenge, WotB, [Leap/Ignore Pain/Threatening Shout], Frenzy, Warcry. Actually killed Diablo and Azmodan with that build too, but I still lose it at some of the champ packs right before Azmodan without a few more upgrades.

After that, try again and you'll probably still get crushed because additionally you need about 200-250 more all resist. After Warcry and Enchantress (make sure your Enchantress is at 60 and geared to do decent dps) you should be fine for resists.

Furious Charge isn't crucial, but he has no defensive skills on his bar pretty much. Putting that on (with the healing rune) would likely help significantly in Act 2.

Earthquake itself isn't bad when pared up with Wrath of the Berserker, but Call of the Ancients is the second most useless skill a Barbarian can have - The only one more useless is Ancient Spear. Even just ditching that and taking any of your suggestions (Ignore Pain, Threating Shout, or Leap) would improve his gameplay significantly.

In case people haven't seen the other thread, Apple Just showed a new MacBook Pro at the WWDC. It has a Retina display and they showed it running Diablo III at 2880x1800. Speculated to cost infinity billion dollars.

EDIT :::::

Low end is $2199.

Holy shit that's expensive even by Apple's standards.

Furious Charge isn't crucial, but he has no defensive skills on his bar pretty much. Putting that on (with the healing rune) would likely help significantly in Act 2.

Earthquake itself isn't bad when pared up with Wrath of the Berserker, but Call of the Ancients is the second most useless skill a Barbarian can have - The only one more useless is Ancient Spear. Even just ditching that and taking any of your suggestions (Ignore Pain, Threating Shout, or Leap) would improve his gameplay significantly.

Yea, totally. You can't do jack squat in Inferno without Revenge. I'm actually surprised to see someone made it through Act 1 without Revenge. Pretty impressive.

RDreamer

GAH! Are you kidding me!? I just got to the last torch in the first quest in Act 3 after a hard, long battle and was literally about to click it and I get disconnected... I'm so pissed...

Sophia

Yea, totally. You can't do jack squat in Inferno without Revenge. I'm actually surprised to see someone made it through Act 1 without Revenge. Pretty impressive.

I could probably do it without Revenge if I went Furious Charge + Earthquake + Wrath of the Berserker. It wouldn't be ideal however.

You need revenge, coupled with at least one "getaway" move for general purposes (such as armor leap, lifesteal charge).
In group play, your main concern is to stun and slow the enemy as much as possible for your mates.

Mupod

Well with that build you pretty much suicide with your cooldowns once every two minutes. It works but it sucks.

Even so I'm surprised it got him through act 1 at all with those stats but yeah that won't fly in act 2.

Vodh

So apparently you could use the auction cancel thing to get cash for a sold item and then get the item back or something, that is before some hotfix. Any credibility in these kind of statements?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom