• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT3| Turn On Elective Mode, Get an Authenticator

Status
Not open for further replies.

eek5

Someone already posted the whirlwind / sprint with more whirlwind spec but it does quite well if you are geared with life on hit. Revenge is not needed.

It doesn't have the highest return but it all adds up!

barbAOE.jpg

Spectral Blades > Healing Blade is pretty fun. It's also fun to have Mirror Image > Mirror Mimics and Wave of Force > Exploding Wave going. So much chaos. Been toying with this build and it's been good stuff. Need to get a new weapon with +Crit Damage and a Socket and get my base Crit to 30%. Should be fun.

Also, probably need to drop Magic Weapon for Hydra. Just better damage in the end, I'd imagine.

I'm rolling something like that, but with Energy Armor > Pinpoint Barrier and Frost Nova > Deep Freeze (in place of Mirror Image) to effect a 20% crit chance increase.

I actually haven't settled on a right-click skill, Maybe I'll try Exploding Wave.

eek5

It would be awesome if WW ended up being good in D3 again. Barbs don't have good AoE options (that aren't on ridiculous cooldowns) and, while I enjoyed Frenzy in D2, it would be nice to have the option to run WW.

WW isn't that bad. The hardest part is to keep spinning though. Running out of juice a couple spins in sucks. Maybe a build with mighty weapon and weapons master might work.

edit: the 1 fury per hit rune works well.. mighty weapon doesn't seem to make a difference at all unfortunately. just bought one to test and I still drain out in huge packs. Weapon master doesn't seem to apply to WW hits...

scy

I'm rolling something like that, but with Energy Armor > Pinpoint Barrier and Frost Nova > Deep Freeze (in place of Mirror Image) to effect a 20% crit chance increase.

I actually haven't settled on a right-click skill, Maybe I'll try Exploding Wave.

I thought about Pinpoint and figured it'd be worth it if the extra defense from Prismatic was unnecessary. Mirror Image is iffy, though. I like it because I believe their crits lower my cooldowns (and heal me) and they have Exploding Wave as well. We'll see though. Getting to ~50% Crit with that Frost Nova in place would be nice for groups of enemies.

Wave of Force > Exploding Wave is there because ... I wanted to try it. It's also a nice way to just get everything off of you and it deals good damage. Plus, I wanted a skill on cooldown so I tried it out. I've thought about trying Explosive Blast > Chain Reaction instead.

Neki

GIVE AWAY TIME (NORTH AMERICAN SERVERS)

As you can see, this is no simple give away. I've blacked out important stats on each item, meaning that you're going to have to luck out to get the best item! One of these items is worth 500k, while one of these items is like 50k, and some of them I don't even know the value!

If you want to enter, just PM your battle tag and what item you want. If you can't decide, you can always change your mind or have a place holder. Two lucky people is going to get to gamble on free items!

End time is 6PM Mountain Time tomorrow.

Let me re-iterate, that only two people are going to win. Going to sleep soon, hopefully someone can keep it bumped so more people can get phat lootz!

Good luck! :D

EDIT: You know what, let's make it two people. ;)

Quoting for new page. 5 hours until expiry, tell all your gaffer friends!

Argonis

I'm not super great at recognizing the skills from the bar, but are you not using Revenge?

While your stats aren't insanely great, what is your build? You may want to try something a bit more tank-centric; although, I'm not sure what the "minimum dps" is that is acceptable as a barb in A2.

I really like Krip's build and variants:

Frenzy (Sidearm)
Leap (Iron Impact) --- Can be substituted with Furious Charge (Dreadnought)

WotB (Insanity)
Revenge (Provocation)
War Cry (Impunity)
Threatening Shout (Intimidate)

Superstition | Tough as Nails | Nerves of Steel

Alrighty, to the AH I go for some resists. The current skills in the screenshot are for blowing through elites/elite packs/Jailer/butcher.

I usually use:

Warcry with rune to increase resists 50%
Stomp with rune to bring enemy close
Revenge with rune provocation
Overpower with rune to heal 8% of life
Battle rage with rune to increase DPS by 30%
Frenzy with rune sidearm

Definity

Damn....folks sure do like buying those level 59 magic rings that do 14% magic find and nothing else. Just picked two of them up on a run and sold them for 100k a pop. Had no idea they sold for that.

I thought about Pinpoint and figured it'd be worth it if the extra defense from Prismatic was unnecessary. Mirror Image is iffy, though. I like it because I believe their crits lower my cooldowns (and heal me) and they have Exploding Wave as well. We'll see though. Getting to ~50% Crit with that Frost Nova in place would be nice for groups of enemies.

Wave of Force > Exploding Wave is there because ... I wanted to try it. It's also a nice way to just get everything off of you and it deals good damage. Plus, I wanted a skill on cooldown so I tried it out. I've thought about trying Explosive Blast > Chain Reaction instead.

Another good potential choice.

This is what I love about Diablo III's new skill system. There are so many synergies between individual skills, passives, and item builds that practically anything you can think of would be viable to some degree, even if it's just pre-inferno or with massive compensation in another area to mitigate weaknesses.

Definity

~30k HP, 18k buffed DPS (~10k unbuffed), 4k Armor, 400 Resists was more-or-less fine for Dual Wielding it. Guardian's Path and focusing on Evasion to get to ~65-70% buffed Evasion. ~500 Life on Hit and ~120 Life per Spirit Spent.

Thanks for the reply. I played around with that guardian's path passive on my lunch break and can see it's going to help me a bit. I really thought it was a mistake to try and dual wield in act2 inferno but maybe not.....

Raiden

Banned
Just finished normal mode and entered nightmare mode. And the game is already twice the fun. Normal was just too easy and got boring.

I know this is how Diablo works i guess but D3 is my first Diablo game. Cant wait to get to lv 60 though.

Finished normal mode at lv 31, hope thats normal? Nightmare is significantly harder, but not having too much problems right now.

Kenaras

Damn....folks sure do like buying those level 59 magic rings that do 14% magic find and nothing else. Just picked two of them up on a run and sold them for 100k a pop. Had no idea they sold for that.

I think I've vendored at least ten rings like that by now.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Was playing Hell last night with my Wizard.

Came across Vortex Arcane Enchanted Illusionist Imps.

3 times. WHAT THE FUCK.

Just finished normal mode and entered nightmare mode. And the game is already twice the fun. Normal was just too easy and got boring.

I know this is how Diablo works i guess but D3 is my first Diablo game. Cant wait to get to lv 60 though.

Finished normal mode at lv 31, hope thats normal? Nightmare is significantly harder, but not having too much problems right now.

Totally normal. You should hit 30 by the end of Normal, and then 50 by the end of Nightmare.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
damn son nice dagger

--

why can't i progress in act 2?

You totally should be able to progress. What are your passives?

Your block % is a bit low. Try to find a 25% + shield. Also, if you can find a Helm of Command that should help. I was able to score one for 400k a few days ago with decent stats.

When I say progress, I mean you should be able to beat most normal mobs and the bosses. Rare packs will probably still murder you, though, so prepare to run them into corners and suicide a lot.

damn son nice dagger

--

why can't i progress in act 2?

Need more dps imo. I rape act 2 with similar stats but about 8k more dps and 200 more resists. You could probably get by with 4k more dps and same resists. Also get a faster weapon, preferably with +att spd. Ive got like 2.69 attacks / second (but ive got a few pieces with + att spd). The additional speed is a huge buff to LoH

Alrighty, to the AH I go for some resists. The current skills in the screenshot are for blowing through elites/elite packs/Jailer/butcher.

I usually use:

Warcry with rune to increase resists 50%
Stomp with rune to bring enemy close
Revenge with rune provocation
Overpower with rune to heal 8% of life
Battle rage with rune to increase DPS by 30%
Frenzy with rune sidearm
You should consider getting an escape, either Leap or Charge. I like leap personally because with the armor buff, it helps me engage with more defense until Revenge starts proccing, and it's usually cooled down by the time I figure out I need to leave.

Ugh, I've been vendoring that shit. =/

Nelo Ice

Banned
So looks like bans are incoming.
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/6317359/Cheating_in_Diablo®_III-6_11_2012#blog

Playing Diablo III legitimately means playing with an unaltered game client. Doing otherwise violates our policies for Battle.net and Diablo III, and it goes against the spirit of fair play that all of our games are based on. We strongly recommend that you avoid using any hacks, cheats, bots, or exploits. Suspensions and bans of players that have used or start using cheats and hacks will begin in the near future.

Gold is starting to inflate extremely rapidly. You can turn big profits off of this if you find these kinds of rings for sale on a vendor for like 7k a pop and turn around to sell them for 80k in profits each. You have to buy A LOT of them to make this really viable though, and then selling them difficult because you'll flood the market.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
I've been playing the standard edition, but I managed to get my hands on a Collector's Edition a few days ago. I heard there might be a way to redeem the CE, get my character switched over, and get a new retail key for the Standard Edition?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom