• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT3| Turn On Elective Mode, Get an Authenticator

Status
Not open for further replies.

Voidguts

What exactly is considered an exploit? ZK leveling? Farming the known spots? I really don't see how the power leveling is impacting gameplay.

I seriously, seriously doubt they care about powerleveling. I'm thinking by "exploit" they mean stuff like the infinite crafting materials/rollback stuff.

Nelo Ice

Banned
I sure as shit hope so.

'Playing Diablo III legitimately means playing with an unaltered game client.'

You have nothing to worry about.

Yeah was paranoid for a second lol well back to getting more alts to as high of a level as possible before 1.03 hits then I'll start playin my monk again.

Twinduct

I'd imagine they mean the real exploits, like the item crafting dupe thing posted a few pages back, and not 'exploits' like using zoltun kulle to level.

Well I hope Blizzard's use of the word is different from their community who comments on that story. According to them Powerlvl and etc = exploit worth banning. So naturally I worry =)

Is there any exploit that has been discovered that negatively impacts anyone's game?

Crafted goods cancelling and saving materials for a free reroll.
Cancelling items that have been bid on but that you don't like the price of.
Scripting to remove the item from the trade window then rapidly click accept.

Edit: Guys, read the quote from Blizzard: 'Playing Diablo III legitimately means playing with an unaltered game client.'

It's really doubtful that anything (even that I listed, except for the scripting stuff) will result in a ban. Maybe crafted goods exploit, but I doubt they can even track that.

Macmanus

So in theory a nefarious person could save up their unidentified Legendary items - wait for the patch - then sell them via the trade channels.

Boy would that be comedy gold.

Twinduct

Crafted goods cancelling and saving materials for a free reroll.
Cancelling items that have been bid on but that you don't like the price of.
Scripting to remove the item from the trade window then rapidly click accept.

'Crafted goods cancelling and saving materials for a free reroll'. How does it even work?

The last two should have been fixed day one. No excuse why those still exist after two patches already hit. But fair enough, I can see how this is an issue, even if I do believe those should have never existed in the first place lol.

balddemon

Banned
my passives are superstition , nerves of steel, and tough as nails.
found some gear and now i'm up to 41k life which might help. lost a bit of dps tho. gonna try with a WD friend perhaps after some more butcher runs

Artanisix

So in theory a nefarious person could save up their unidentified Legendary items - wait for the patch - then sell them via the trade channels.

Genius unless they end up boosting their ilvls, in which case you'd probably be able to tell the difference between the pre-patch and post-patch legendaries

'Crafted goods cancelling and saving materials for a free reroll'. How does it even work?

The last two should have been fixed day one. No excuse why those still exist after two patches already hit. But fair enough, I can see how this is an issue, even if I do believe those should have never existed in the first place lol.

I dunno, it's fixed now, but it had something to do with joining a game, rolling an item, then (if you didn't like the item roll) the host leaving and your game getting cancelled, thus rolling back your character to pre-crafting roll.

maximushy.png

Any idea what this is worth? I've tried selling it for 1m, 500k, no luck. If anyone is interested give me a price yo

maximushy.png

Any idea what this is worth? I've tried selling it for 1m, 500k, no luck. If anyone is interested give me a price yo
You can search the AH for legendaries by name so just type in Maximus and see how much they're selling for. In my experience with the legendaries I've found it's usually a lot less than you'd hope for.

That is a cool looking sword, though.

zlatko

Banned
maximushy.png

Because it is fuck awful. 567 for a 2 hander? LMAO! I got a 1 hander with that much damage for 50k on the AH.

I'd say it's worth 250K.

Edit: You know what. Ignore 250K. Just salvage it.

Twinduct

I dunno, it's fixed now, but it had something to do with joining a game, rolling an item, then (if you didn't like the item roll) the host leaving and your game getting cancelled, thus rolling back your character to pre-crafting roll.

Yeah that does kinda go with the whole 'cheating the system' vibe. But if it's fixed, then it's one less thing worry about. Hope they get those gold farmers though. (Or give you the option to disable auto-join general chat). Think that resolves the face of my problem with farmers :p

maximushy.png

That looks pretty awful. Level 60, not even 600 damage (on a 2-hander even). A monk that would use it could get better offense and defense very cheaply with a 1h and shield and a lot more damage on a 2-hander.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Figures. The first time I get a legendary after 120 hours of play time is on my fucking lvl 10 DH. Thanks video game.

That should get me about 5000 gold. :(

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
maximushy.png

It's an extremely poor 2-handed weapon for a level 60 requirement. With the plethora of better items you can get for sub-100k, no one should be interested in it outside of collection/dress-up purposes.

That legendary is worth whatever Fiery Brimstones are worth currently.

I don't think they'll retroactively ban anyone either, I think it's a warning that if you're caught botting you're done. I'd be really upset if I got banned because I tested the cancel auction thing.

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences
Hopefully they get on top of the AH bots buying x under x price instantaneously. The botters who smashed vases for gold. I'd be happy if they just banned any f*ing bots and fixed the rest of their gaping exploit shit that shouldn't have gone live in the first place (free crafting, cancelling auctions with bids etc). Also I can't see the RMAH not being a complete clusterfluck if it actually goes live on the 12th.

Lothars

If they'll ban Dark D3 I'll go myself. Going back to vanilla D3 graphics is just no possible, it looks horrible imo.
I don't understand this line of thinking I think it looks much worst with the Dark D3, not that I think they should ban anyone from using it.

I guess they could, if the person buying was retarded. That is because the stats had already been determined at the time the item was obtained, not when it was ID'ed

Dont buy unidentified items, ever

HenryHSH

This game is like a sport where everyone on top is on growth hormones and anyone that wants to keep up has to to pinch and poke their stomach.

Hopefully they get on top of the AH bots buying x under x price instantaneously. The botters who smashed vases for gold. I'd be happy if they just banned any f*ing bots and fixed the rest of their gaping exploit shit that shouldn't have gone live in the first place (free crafting, cancelling auctions with bids etc). Also I can't see the RMAH not being a complete clusterfluck if it actually goes live on the 12th.
Ya, the bots have really hurt this economy.
I guess they could, if the person buying was retarded. That is because the stats had already been determined at the time the item was obtained, not when it was ID'ed

Dont buy unidentified items, ever

That's his point.

DTKT

So, is there are timer on the authenticator? The game just asked me for the number but I didn't try to log in anywhere else.

Hacking attempt?

zlatko

Banned
So, is there are timer on the authenticator? The game just asked me for the number but I didn't try to log in anywhere else.

Hacking attempt?

Random side topic about authenticators:

I got an email from Blizz saying that dial in authenticators do NOT work with D3 and SC2.

...da fuck?

GJS

I'm comfortably farming Act 2 and ZK now with my duel wield monk.

Gonna take a while to find resist upgrades for act 3 that don't reduce my vit and dex.

Ashodin

That looks pretty awful. Level 60, not even 600 damage (on a 2-hander even). A monk that would use it could get better offense and defense very cheaply with a 1h and shield and a lot more damage on a 2-hander.

Hopefully Legendaries will scale better with the upcoming patch. Seriously though. People pass this up because the DPS just doesn't cut it. If these things have a terrible time dropping, why oh why do they not impress when you find one?

Sophia

Random side topic about authenticators:

I got an email from Blizz saying that dial in authenticators do NOT work with D3 and SC2.

...da fuck?

The dial in authenticator hasn't worked with anything except WoW in a long time. It offers zero protection.

FrankT

I don't really get the two handed Barb weapons I've seen so far. Right at level 35 so far and I swear most of the 2 handers I've seen drop barely compare to my 1 handers. That is each one not even combined.

Speaking of monk builds, I've got:

Fists of Thunder - Lightning Flash
Deadly Reach - Keen Eye

Breath of Heaven - Blazing Wrath
Blinding Flash - Faith in the Light
Serenity - Peaceful Repose
Mantra of Healing - Time of Need

Transcendence
One with Everything
Seize the Initiative

I've got:

~15000 dps unbuffed, 17500 buffed
5450 armor unbuffed (with keen eye it's 8175, so it's always this)
17% crit chance, and 106% crit damage
20% block 1960-2794
Dodge chance 31.1% (with lightning flash on it's about 42%, and that's petty much always)
Resistances - 757 (908 buffed)
Crowd Control reduction: 13.99%
Melee damage reduction: 18.4%
29,361 life
569 life per second
640 life per hit

Basically, in Act 2 inferno now, I'm a beast. I've had comments throughout many of my games now that I'm pretty crazy. I was tanking 2 elite mobs at the same time the other day. I can stand in desecrator and plague stuff (at the same time) in act 1 without losing health, really. I can stand in desecrator stuff for a bit in act 2, depending. Act 3 still murders me, though.... ugh

I LOVE the idea of this combo, but through testing just now I find it kills stuff much slower than my current build. It's a really fun way to play though...comboing the first two strikes with Fists of Thunder then finishing with the third strike of Deadly Reach. Makes you feel like you're actually skillfully using combos. Have you tried using Sweeping Winds instead of Blinding Flash? I know it's hard to give up Blinding Flash...it's an awesome ability. But Sweeping Winds is probably the best spirit bang for the buck in the game, it's hard for me to give up. :/

Is desecrator fire damage? 1k fire resist doesnt really seem to do shit to mitigate it

Maybe its just my imagine, but the rate of incoming damage from desecration seems to accelerate over time, too

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom