• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT3| Turn On Elective Mode, Get an Authenticator

Status
Not open for further replies.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Nope, not the slightest. I really feel that strong about Dark D3. It makes everything much better graphics wise. You have to use post sharpen though for a more natural look.

I can't imagine anyone gives a fuck about Diablo 3's graphics after the first couple hours you play the game. The game could be all geometric shapes and I'd still put 100 hours into it.

It's seriously not the huge deal you're making out of it.

scy

I LOVE the idea of this combo, but through testing just now I find it kills stuff much slower than my current build. It's a really fun way to play though...comboing the first two strikes with Fists of Thunder then finishing with the third strike of Deadly Reach. Makes you feel like you're actually skillfully using combos. Have you tried using Sweeping Winds instead of Blinding Flash? I know it's hard to give up Blinding Flash...it's an awesome ability. But Sweeping Winds is probably the best spirit bang for the buck in the game, it's hard for me to give up. :/

If anything, Breath of Heaven should be dropped for that. Blinding Flash is basically an offensive Invuln.

Thrakier

I can't imagine anyone gives a fuck about Diablo 3's graphics after the first couple hours you play the game. The game could be all geometric shapes and I'd still put 100 hours into it.

It's seriously not the huge deal you're making out of it.

For me it is and I'd never play the game if it's just gemoetric shapes. You may or may not accept that. o_O

Swig_

Anyone else having terrible luck with selling on the AH? I list some pretty decent items for ultra low prices.. like 20K-40K and maybe 1 out of 4 items sell.. Yet everything I need to buy is 500K+.. I don't know how I'm supposed to make any progress with this damn game if I have to sell items for 3 weeks to get enough to buy one new item.

Macmanus

I verified it myself. Got a rare, id'ed it and then got dc'ed (coincidentally), id'ed it again later was identical.

There's too much room for abuse if the item is rolled at id time

Maybe you're misunderstanding me? People who don't ID Legendary items before they are patched could then pass them off post patch as unidentified items (which there is a market for) at a reduced cost since it's a gamble.

This happened in Diablo 2 - so there is precedent.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
For me it is and I'd never play the game if it's just gemoetric shapes. You may or may not accept that. o_O

It's not that I don't accept it. It just seems silly to me that reduced gamma and some post processing sharpness makes the game in any way better. It doesn't make the game more fun or something.

thetrin

If anything, Breath of Heaven should be dropped for that. Blinding Flash is basically an offensive Invuln.

Agreed.

Blinding Flash and Sweeping Wind should be in, Breath of Heaven should be out. There are far better ways to heal than using a cooldown heal that doesn't scale with your HP.

Don't settle for shitty healing skills. You're only wasting a space on your bar. You should be using Serenity and Mantra of Evasion (or MoH, depending on how you want to play) with Transcendence, imo.

Agreed.

Blinding Flash and Sweeping Wind should be in, Breath of Heaven should be out. There are far better ways to heal than using a cooldown heal that doesn't scale with your HP.

Breath of Heaven is used though with the Blazing Wrath rune (15% increased damage for 45 seconds). It's good stuff but yeah I suppose I'd probably prefer keeping Sweeping Winds and Blinding Flash. The flash does 30% additional damage to your attacks which somewhat makes up for it. It's only 3 seconds, but that's still a lot of damage.

Agreed.

Don't settle for shitty healing skills. You're only wasting a space on your bar. You should be using Serenity and Mantra of Evasion (or MoH, depending on how you want to play) with Transcendence, imo.

Speaking of Mantras, which are people tending to prefer more in Hell/Inferno? Mantra of Evasion or Healing? And with what runes?

Agreed.

I use it for the Damage buff. It's last A LOT longer than the damage buff Blinding flash gives you.

thetrin

Breath of Heaven is used though with the Blazing Wrath rune (15% increased damage for 45 seconds). It's good stuff but yeah I suppose I'd probably prefer keeping Sweeping Winds and Blinding Flash. The flash does 30% additional damage to your attacks which somewhat makes up for it. It's only 3 seconds, but that's still a lot of damage.

MoE with the increased Armor rune heals you with no cooldown, and it increases armor and dodge. I can see where you're coming from, but using your mantra to heal just gives you more in a single button press.

I use it for the Damage buff. It's last A LOT longer than the damage buff Blinding flash gives you.

That's fair. If it works for you, then so be it. I just find MoE more helpful in a pinch.

scy

Agreed.

I like keeping Breath around for the +Damage buff but you're overall better off with a real damage skill instead of that and Blinding Flash is just too useful defensively.

Also, I like MoE with Backlash for extra damage at high Evasion. It's fun to watch explosions, I guess.

thetrin

I like keeping Breath around for the +Damage buff but you're overall better off with a real damage skill instead of that and Blinding Flash is just too useful defensively.

Also, I like MoE with Backlash for extra damage at high Evasion. It's fun to watch explosions, I guess.

Exploding Palm is my go to for damage if I'm feeling saucy. You usually I just use Inner Storm and tank.

If nothing else, this discussion shows that Blizzard did a great job with the skill system.

Backlash sounds like a fun skill (I'm not at 58 yet) but for Hardcore mode I'd think Hard Target would be a more practical rune to go with. I'm still torn on weather to use Evasion or Healing, though.

Do you think we'd ever see an Ultra graphics update? It looks decent but I'd love to play something prettier since my computer just runs it like a champ right now with everything as High as it goes.

redhot_

Anyone else having terrible luck with selling on the AH? I list some pretty decent items for ultra low prices.. like 20K-40K and maybe 1 out of 4 items sell.. Yet everything I need to buy is 500K+.. I don't know how I'm supposed to make any progress with this damn game if I have to sell items for 3 weeks to get enough to buy one new item.

I'm in the same boat. I think the most expensive thing I sold so far was for like 600k once, everything else is no more then around 50k

I'm surprised that I was surprised when I saw gold farmers spamming general chat. What the hell is this.

Is there anyway to leave general chat forever and not have you log back into it everytime you play the game?

Voidguts

already posted? 1.0.2c patch notes:

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/5626190959#1

General
If the authentication service is busy, the login checkbox will now wait at "Authenticating Credentials" until a player's login attempt can be processed. As a result, players should no longer encounter Error 37 when logging in.
Achievements have been granted to players who previously completed their objectives, but were not correctly awarded completion credit.
Bug Fixes
Fixed several crashes which occurred when clicking on player-generated item links in the game client

can't believe they are fixing the achievements thing. I seriously thought they were going to let that one quietly die.

thetrin

Backlash sounds like a fun skill (I'm not at 58 yet) but for Hardcore mode I'd think Hard Target would be a more practical rune to go with. I'm still torn on weather to use Evasion or Healing, though.

Hard Target is what I use. It's simply amazing and utterly gratifying (as long as you have numbers visible)

already posted? 1.0.2 patch notes:

can't believe they are fixing the achievements thing. I seriously thought they were going to let that one quietly die.

1.0.2 already came out. I'm confused.

EDIT: Oh, 1.0.2c

It's not that I don't accept it. It just seems silly to me that reduced gamma and some post processing sharpness makes the game in any way better. It doesn't make the game more fun or something.

If only Dark3D enhanced the graphics in the main portion of the game, the Auction House.

That's fair. If it works for you, then so be it. I just find MoE more helpful in a pinch.

Ohh ... it's not really working for me. At least not on the elites. I'm thinking the 3 seconds of invul is better than the increased damage. I'm just saying why someone might use it.

I posted earlier and and open to changed ideas on my build.

I use:
FOT > Thunderclap
Crippling Wave > Concussion
Mantra Healing > boon
Breath of Heaven > Blazing Wrath
Lashing Tail Kick > Sweeping Armada
Serenity > Asention

Transendence, Sieze the Initiative, One with Everything

When I go home I'm going to switch out Crippline Wave for Deadly Reach > Keen Eye for the armor boost. I'm also getting rid of my Tempar and using the enchantress for more armor and IAS.

I'm going to toy around with Losing Breath of Heaven for Blinding Flash as well.

We have any confirmation about 1.0.3 going up tomorrow? Want to craft some gams.

EDIT: 1.0.2c ...shit

scy

Anybody using this EHP calculator? Seems pretty great if it is accurate.

http://rubensayshi.github.com/d3-ehp-calculator/#intro

I'll have to check things out when I get home I guess but throwing made up numbers at it seems to get the right results. I mean, EHP calculations are pretty straightforward so it's kind of hard to screw it up :x

@1.0.2c - Was hoping for some more 1.0.3 changes to make it in early. Oh well, another week of farming and shifting out of my IAS% build for my Wizard.

I use:
FOT > Thunderclap
Crippling Wave > Concussion
Mantra Healing > boon
Breath of Heaven > Blazing Wrath
Lashing Tail Kick > Sweeping Armada
Serenity > Asention

Transendence, Sieze the Initiative, One with Everything

I really don't think Thunderclap is a good rune. It's convenient, sure, and it allows for great pursuing on enemies but ... it helps none offensively or defensively, really. Lightning Flash at least scores you some bonus Dodge% here.

zlatko

Banned
Exploding Palm is my go to for damage if I'm feeling saucy. You usually I just use Inner Storm and tank.

If nothing else, this discussion shows that Blizzard did a great job with the skill system.

Can you post a link to your current build? I want to mess around with it.

LordCanti

It will be interesting to see what Blizzard bans for. I hope they have a way of figuring out who used the trading script (the one that pulls the item and hits accept at inhuman speed).

I'm surprised that I was surprised when I saw gold farmers spamming general chat. What the hell is this.

Is there anyway to leave general chat forever and not have you log back into it everytime you play the game?

If there is, I can't figure it out.

So the rmah isn't coming with 1.0.2c lolwut?

The in-game notice still says 6/12, and there is maintenance scheduled for tomorrow. I'm hopeful that it's coming (if they've said it's not, I digress).

GJS

I use the following skill build to farm act 2 inferno:

skills.png

I use thunderclap for maximum LoH and spirit regen, and deadly reach for the 30 second dps buff. BoH and Blinding Flash are also for dps buffs, as well as healing and stun.

For MoE i have the 20% armour buff, and then because spirit regen is so quick I spam it every 3 seconds for the extra 15% dodge buff.

Serenity is obvious.

I really don't think Thunderclap is a good rune. It's convenient, sure, and it allows for great pursuing on enemies but ... it helps none offensively or defensively, really. Lightning Flash at least scores you some bonus Dodge% here.

I thought I got better results from my LOH gear using thunderclap?

Do you really not understand personal preference? I don't run Dark D3 and don't feel it's necessary, but if someone else does, I can understand that they have different taste than me. And if the game looks muddy enough to make them not want to play, then I can understand that too--after all, I've disliked stuff for trivial reasons myself.

Thrakier

Well, it's not just reduced gamma and the sharpness actually does wonders for the details and the overall look. It looks way more like I'd imagine a Diablo game should look like. And because computer- and videogames are still a visual medium, it's not too exciting that my enjoyment of a game is direcly related to the quality of visuals and esepecially the atmosphere they generate.

So, yes, to me it does make the game more fun. And I don't think that's silly. If you think about it, it's quite logical.

thetrin

Can you post a link to your current build? I want to mess around with it.

I haven't played much into Act 1 Inferno (been playing my DH and Wiz lately), but I can post the build I used for the latter half of Hell:

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/monk#WigdhY!XYU!ZYabac

Do you really not understand personal preference? I don't run Dark D3 and don't feel it's necessary, but if someone else does, I can understand that they have different taste than me. And if the game looks muddy enough to make them not want to play, then I can understand that too--after all, I've disliked stuff for trivial reasons myself.

Of course I understand personal preference. I'm just voicing my opinion. That's what a forum is for.

I usually only dislike games for mechanical reasons, unless the art is so god awful that it hurts my eyes, and Diablo 3 doesn't fall into that category by any stretch of the imagination. Even then, if the gameplay is good, graphics are such a small thing to look past.

Thrakier

Yes. Though that has nothing to do with bad luck, more with the fact that the AH and the whole item economy is pretty much fucked and 99,9% of your items are worthless, even those with decent stats.

Is Wortham in Hell difficulty as hard as I'm fearing it is? I heard that the 3 blue elites at the chapel are no joke. I'm worried about tackling this quest.

54 Monk Hardcore
32K HP
1936 DMG
83-108 res (debuff) 99-129 res (w/ Mantra of Healing, but might go with Evasion w/ hard target instead...)
2982 armor (3578 armor w/ Mantra of Evasion and hard target)

Tom Penny

I use the following skill build to farm act 2 inferno:

skills.png

I use thunderclap for maximum LoH and spirit regen, and deadly reach for the 30 second dps buff. BoH and Blinding Flash are also for dps buffs, as well as healing and stun.

For MoE i have the 20% armour buff, and then because spirit regen is so quick I spam it every 3 seconds for the extra 15% dodge buff.

Serenity is obvious.

What kind of armour strategy do you use. Pick armour with one resistance / resist all + dex and Vit? Then use one with everything? I get raped.

zou

Just bought the following amulet for 9k. Am I missing something or did the seller forget a couple of zeros?

+10 min dmg
+80 Dex
+250 Life on Hit
+ 6% Critical Hit Chance

+ Socket

eek5

Is Wortham in Hell difficulty as hard as I'm fearing it is? I heard that the 3 blue elites at the chapel are no joke. I'm worried about tackling this quest.

54 Monk Hardcore
32K HP
1936 DMG
83-108 res (debuff) 99-129 res (w/ Mantra of Healing, but might go with Evasion w/ hard target instead...)

They're hard and depending on what affix you get they can be difficult. When you go in clear the entire first area (there is a loop). This will allow you to kite them in a circle if you have to.

There is no easy way out of the area; you have to talk to a guy and then hit take me back to Tristam so if you try to exit the area because you get a bad affix roll be aware of that (maybe even try practicing it before you really get going).

The're the mace guys that slam their mace into the ground and it gets stuck. It makes a sound so you can run away and wait for them to slam it down then rush in and attack them while it's stuck. I'd recommend something that helps you move faster for this so you can rush in and get as many hits in as possible. Don't get hit by that attack though, it does monster damage and if they all time it correctly they can stunlock you which is bad news.

thetrin

54 Monk Hardcore
32K HP
1936 DMG

Go Evasion with Hard target. The armor increase with increased dodge is going to be way more useful than MoH's little shield. Also, try Blinding Flash with Searing Light for that part. Those massive elite hits will have a high chance of missing even if Dodge doesn't proc.

Of course I understand personal preference. I'm just voicing my opinion. That's what a forum is for.
You're calling him melodramatic, saying he's making a huge deal and asserting that it really has no impact. That's not just voicing your opinion, that's devaluing someone else's. It's not a big deal, I just don't get why you'd get down on somebody for choosing to not play a game because they don't like the look of it.

They're hard and depending on what affix you get they can be difficult. When you go in clear the entire first area (there is a loop). This will allow you to kite them in a circle if you have to.

There is no easy way out of the area; you have to talk to a guy and then hit take me back to Tristam so if you try to exit the area because you get a bad affix roll be aware of that (maybe even try practicing it before you really get going).

The're the mace guys that slam their mace into the ground and it gets stuck. It makes a sound so you can run away and wait for them to slam it down then rush in and attack them while it's stuck. I'd recommend something that helps you move faster for this so you can rush in and get as many hits in as possible. Don't get hit by that attack though, it does monster damage and if they all time it correctly they can stunlock you which is bad news.

Do you think due to their crazy high damage attack that mantra of evasion would make more sense than mantra of healing for that section? I suppose it depends if they have plague or fire chains or someshit because if that's the case then mantra of healing with the +20% resists would be better most likely...

Is there no way to filter for max damage or am I missing something? I see bonus minimum but can't find the other one.

Got this ring and I'm trying to figure out if it's worth anything:

nsH9q.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom