• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT3| Turn On Elective Mode, Get an Authenticator

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cipherr

Is there any exploit that has been discovered that negatively impacts anyone's game?

Exploits are exploits, Im sure they don't really give a shit about whether or not it negatively impacts anyone elses game to be honest. Its going to be a blood bath too if WoW is any indication. With WoW they were clearly monitoring for a long ass time prior to the first ban wave. Weeks and weeks people botted and exploited, then a warning goes up and supposedly those people stopped.

Then D-Day hit and shitloads of bans went out on the current exploiters and the ones that used them in the past. Hilarious times on the forums for days after that. Hope we see that this time too.

Neki

yoeF6.jpg

Holy fucking shit

You get that? ;)

eek5

Do you think due to their crazy high damage attack that mantra of evasion would make more sense than mantra of healing for that section? I suppose it depends if they have plague or fire chains or someshit because if that's the case then mantra of healing with the +20% resists would be better most likely...

I think their attacks are easy to avoid. It's hard to say though; I don't play monk so I can't give you any class advice as far as skills go.

Both seem like they could work. You can kite them pretty easily so higher regen would work well there. If you want to tank then MoE would probably be better. They DO have regular attacks as well as their charge attack. I would definitely recommend just moving out of the way for their charge attack rather than hoping blind/evade will save you. I usually start moving right when I hear the light saber charge sound.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
You're calling him melodramatic, saying he's making a huge deal and asserting that it really has no impact. That's not just voicing your opinion, that's devaluing someone else's. It's not a big deal, I just don't get why you'd get down on somebody for choosing to not play a game because they don't like the look of it.

Because he's already paid for the game. It's not like he's giving them money each time he turns it on. It just seems so trivial to quit a game because of the color palette. That doesn't sound like overreacting to you?

But whatever. he can quit the game if he wants to. No skin off my nose. It just seems like he's making a mountain out of a mole hill that doesn't exist yet.

Go Evasion with Hard target. The armor increase with increased dodge is going to be way more useful than MoH's little shield. Also, try Blinding Flash with Searing Light for that part. Those massive elite hits will have a high chance of missing even if Dodge doesn't proc.

I don't remember the name of those specific monsters, but if you use the tail kick as they're raising they're maces, their attack is interupted and they don't get any hits off. That specific mob gave me real hard time until I learned that.

Is Wortham in Hell difficulty as hard as I'm fearing it is? I heard that the 3 blue elites at the chapel are no joke. I'm worried about tackling this quest.

54 Monk Hardcore
32K HP
1936 DMG
83-108 res (debuff) 99-129 res (w/ Mantra of Healing, but might go with Evasion w/ hard target instead...)
2982 armor (3578 armor w/ Mantra of Evasion and hard target)

32k for Hell Wortham (with resists too!) is going to be more than enough. You just need more DPS. You can probably get any blue quite cheaply off the AH with a 300 dps and you'll be fine.

It's a quick way to get xp, but you should upgrade your weapon if you want to be efficient.

Anyway, I found the best way to be to run from the ferry all the way to the town (skipping everyone), then just start killing when you get to the middle of town. The cultists will catch up and you'll be able to clean them up very quickly and efficiently with some AoE.

When the blue pack pops, just blow your cooldowns--I'm not sure what Monks have (if anything), but as a barb I'd pop WotB and Earthquake and collect my 60k xp.

Edit: Lol, this is for Hardcore. Sorry! Not sure about the advice, but once you get a feel for the layout, you'll be fine with grabbing all the cultists at once.

LordCanti

Exploits are exploits, Im sure they don't really give a shit about whether or not it negatively impacts anyone elses game to be honest. Its going to be a blood bath too if WoW is any indication. With WoW they were clearly monitoring for a long ass time prior to the first ban wave. Weeks and weeks people botted and exploited, then a warning goes up and supposedly those people stopped.

Then D-Day hit and shitloads of bans went out on the current exploiters and the ones that used them in the past. Hilarious times on the forums for days after that. Hope we see that this time too.

If they get the people that did the Hell > Inferno exploit, most of us are going down in flames. I didn't use the power leveling one, but a lot of people would go down for that as well. Hopefully they'll limit it to people that did something to negatively impact other players games.

Cipherr

If they get the people that did the Hell > Inferno exploit, most of us are going down in flames. Hopefully they'll limit it to people that did something to negatively impact other players games.

Agreed. The worst thing though is that the fucking RMAH is supposedly coming tomorrow. Worst shit ever. You think other games had folks nostalgic about release years down the line? Wait until a year from now, the rose tinted glasses will be in high style with a lot of us probably shouting about the good ol'days before that shit ruined the economy :(

Ferrio

Banned
If they get the people that did the Hell > Inferno exploit, most of us are going down in flames. I didn't use the power leveling one, but a lot of people would go down for that as well. Hopefully they'll limit it to people that did something to negatively impact other players games.

They couldn't punish for that. You can do the same thing if you know someone in Act IV. It was a loophole, but nothing you can't still do. Not to mention if people are skipping acts because later ones are easier... it's a bad indication on the balance of your game.

LordCanti

Agreed. The worst thing though is that the fucking RMAH is supposedly coming tomorrow. Worst shit ever. You think other games had folks nostalgic about release years down the line? Wait until a year from now, the rose tinted glasses will be in high style with a lot of us probably shouting about the good ol'days before that shit ruined the economy :(

As long as I get my $6.50 per million and the collectors edition pays for itself, I'll be happy. If my 20m gold stash is suddenly worth nothing, I'll weep bitter tears though.

Thrakier

32k for Hell Wortham (with resists too!) is going to be more than enough. You just need more DPS. You can probably get any blue quite cheaply off the AH with a 300 dps and you'll be fine.

It's a quick way to get xp, but you should upgrade your weapon if you want to be efficient.

Anyway, I found the best way to be to run from the ferry all the way to the town (skipping everyone), then just start killing when you get to the middle of town. The cultists will catch up and you'll be able to clean them up very quickly and efficiently with some AoE.

When the blue pack pops, just blow your cooldowns--I'm not sure what Monks have (if anything), but as a barb I'd pop WotB and Earthquake and collect my 60k xp.

Edit: Lol, this is for Hardcore. Sorry! Not sure about the advice, but once you get a feel for the layout, you'll be fine with grabbing all the cultists at once.

I'm not so sure, my Barb has 32k health, about 400 to 600 RES with buff, 11k dmg with all time buff and around 25 to 30k max and I can clear Wortham but depending on the combination of the elite I die a lot. And considering the money for repair costs (which go up now...) it's not worth it.

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences

Well, this is Diablo; anyone thinking there would be a lasting economy involving in game currency was probably delusional anyway.

I still dont get why people think RMAH is going to ruin the economy. Gold will devalue, but thats beautiful because it means all these GF exploits will be fundamentally worthless. Also blacksmithing and jeweler costs start to look pretty cheap.

Yea it might cost 10m instead of 1m to buy an upgrade, but likewise you can now sell that 400k gold item for 4m.

Be in all items / no cash going into the RMAH launch, and all cash / no items going into the exploit bans and you'll win

As long as I get my $6.50 per million and the collectors edition pays for itself, I'll be happy. If my 20m gold stash is suddenly worth nothing, I'll weep bitter tears though.

Dude, buy a better belt with that 20m, lol.

If anything you should invest in all items now, since those wont devalue, then sell after RMAH goes live.

I'm not so sure, my Barb has 32k health, about 400 to 600 RES with buff, 11k dmg with all time buff and around 25 to 30k max and I can clear Wortham but depending on the combination of the elite I die a lot. And considering the money for repair costs (which go up now...) it's not worth it.

He was asking about Hell. If you are dying in Hell with those stats, you are doing it wrong.

But he was also talking about hardcore, and I am not going to make any advocacy for hardcore progression.

I still dont get why people think RMAH is going to ruin the economy. Gold will devalue, but thats beautiful because it means all these GF exploits will be fundamentally worthless. Also blacksmithing and jeweler costs start to look pretty cheap.

Yea it might cost 10m instead of 1m to buy an upgrade, but likewise you can now sell that 400k gold item for 4m.

Be in all items / no cash going into the RMAH launch, and all cash / no items going into the exploit bans and you'll win
It's beautiful for you maybe, but for the people who aren't on the cutting edge (not only in Inferno, but able to farm Inferno), it could make the ramp up difficult since you really do need to use the AH if you want to progress from Hell to Inferno in an efficient manner. Those people aren't already sitting on gold or items, and the inflation (if it happens) would hurt them.

LordCanti

If anything you should invest in all items now, since those wont devalue, then sell after RMAH goes live.

I think it will be a race to the bottom with most items on the RMAH anyway. I may do well to spend all 20m on a really nice weapon and then sell that (for $100+) when the RMAH opens, but then again, people might be hoarding high level kit for the RMAH and it could get drowned out.

It's beautiful for you maybe, but for the people who aren't on the cutting edge (not only in Inferno, but able to farm Inferno), it could make the ramp up difficult since you really do need to use the AH if you want to progress from Hell to Inferno in an efficient manner. Those people aren't already sitting on gold or items, and the inflation (if it happens) would hurt them.

I disagree. Hell gear is more than sufficient to ramp you into Inferno Act 1, and with the new loot drop tables coming in Inferno Act 1, every single person will be able to get iLvl 63 gear, meaning everyone could be an overnight billionaire.

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences

If anything you should invest in all items now, then sell after RMAH goes live

20m @ 6.50 = $130. You're not going to buy anything that's on the AH now for 20m and get $130 for it come RMAH when everyone and their aunt is throwin' up their gear. Only the best of the best will sell for those amounts, we're talkin' perfect rolls etc. And even then I expect much of it to be sold outside the game. This is the reason I converted my 1100 dps wand to $300 gold, because mid-high end stuff will be cheap on the RMAH, even cheaper when 1.03 hits. I'll just buy my weapon then for a fraction. The cash for gold ship has pretty much sailed, but you still are going to come out worse on the RMAH even with current rates.

LukeSmith

I can't imagine the RMAH prices really being that significant. I'll flip some kid in Kansas $5 for the Wand he farmed a treasure goblin in Act 3 Inferno, but beyond that, I can't imagine dropping a bunch of money on some item of the Gods.

Is there precedent for this in D2 or anything?

zlatko

Banned
I can't imagine the RMAH prices really being that significant. I'll flip some kid in Kansas $5 for the Wand he farmed a treasure goblin in Act 3 Inferno, but beyond that, I can't imagine dropping a bunch of money on some item of the Gods.

THAT'S PROFILING BRO! All the nerd baller 12 year olds aren't in Kansas man! :(

Narag

People used to ebay d2 items iirc.

LordCanti

20m @ 6.50 = $130. You're not going to buy anything that's on the AH now for 20m and get $130 for it come RMAH when everyone and their aunt is throwin' up their gear. Only the best of the best will sell for those amounts, we're talkin' perfect rolls etc. And even then I expect much of it to be sold outside the game. This is the reason I converted my 1100 dps wand to $300 gold, because mid-high end stuff will be cheap on the RMAH, even cheaper when 1.03 hits. I'll just buy my weapon then for a fraction. The cash for gold ship has pretty much sailed, but you still are going to come out worse on the RMAH even with current rates.

Don't forget to take the 30% fee off :p

That's why I need 6.50 for the game to pay for itself and not 5. I briefly thought about selling gold for Amazon gift cards or something, but put that thought out of my head just as fast.

I think the top tier items will fetch over a hundred, but figuring out exactly what to buy would be incredibly difficult. If I could get a 1500 DPS crossbow with a socket for 20m, I think I'd come out ahead when all was said and done. The problem is finding a deal like that, and not getting scammed in the process (with that evil script).

I don't remember the name of those specific monsters, but if you use the tail kick as they're raising they're maces, their attack is interupted and they don't get any hits off. That specific mob gave me real hard time until I learned that.

Was it Lashing Tail Kick with Vulture Claw Kick rune? I've seen that interrupt attacks before maybe I should roll with that. I'm using the Hand of Ytar rune right now for the range + snare and have been having success with it but I'd rather have the interrupt in that case.

Was it Lashing Tail Kick with Vulture Claw Kick rune? I've seen that interrupt attacks before maybe I should roll with that. I'm using the Hand of Ytar rune right now for the range + snare and have been having success with it but I'd rather have the interrupt in that case.

Lashing Tail kick > Sweeping Armada

I seriously love seeing those monters now. They're easy if they can't get a hit off. I would practice one level below where your at to get the timing down. Especially if your're playing hardcore.

I love the tail kick. I use it in conjunction with the thunderclap rune. You can clear space and then move quickley to the mob you want to focus on.

RiccochetJ

Gold Member
I just realized that sometime over the weekend I must have tossed my Staff of Herding while making inventory space during one of my runs.

I had taken a friend through it because he hadn't seen the level yet and I guess I forgot to put it back in my storage.

Doing those Jailer/Butcher runs in Inferno makes me so brain dead...

Ugh.

Oh well, I'll eventually make one again.

LordCanti

Ok I am only at 46 so I am sure there is plenty I can change, but right now I die way too easily in Nightmare

Skills:

http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/demon-hunter#aRXTSl!YWe!YaZZaa

Swap hot pursuit for vengeance. Caltrops in front of you, then send lightning ball after lightning ball through mobs. If it doesn't work, more DPS. I see that you have socketed kit for vita gems; Swap those for Emeralds. You need things to die before they hit you if you want to survive Hell/Inferno.

Honestly, at that point in nightmare, all I did was lightning ball. Until Inferno it's the most ridiculously OP skill in the game.

Edit: Oh and swap something (the companion probably) for preparation. Preparation is a mandatory DH skill.

I'm giving away / selling a shitload of random items.

Price: Whatever you want.

http://imgur.com/a/cgyzj/all#0

Send me a message in game at Lamp#1105 if you want any of this stuff (sorry, US server only). Minimum price per item is at least 1 gold. But if you have too much and feel like you want to give me 1m gold for an item, I'm ok with that too! Or you can give me some Exquisite Essences, or Mythic Health Potions.

Pay what you want! First come first serve, and I will remove items from the album as they are claimed. I haven't even bothered to look over these items and check the AH to see if they are super valuable, so you might find some gems, and it might be all crap.

Swap hot pursuit for vengeance. Caltrops in front of you, then send lightning ball after lightning ball through mobs. If it doesn't work, more DPS. I see that you have socketed kit for vita gems; Swap those for Emeralds. You need things to die before they hit you if you want to survive Hell/Inferno.

Honestly, at that point in nightmare, all I did was lightning ball. Until Inferno it's the most ridiculously OP skill in the game.

I am lightning ball all the time but blues and yellows get to me too fast...

Sorry, which piece do I need to swap and which gems?

scy

I thought I got better results from my LOH gear using thunderclap?

From using Fist of Thunder, sure. Thunderclap just closes gaps. It is purely a utility rune, really. If you need more survivability, it really should be swapped out for Lightning Flash.

LordCanti

Someone just bought my 40% GF amulet for over a mil the day before the RMAH is likely to open and make gold worthless. Scoreeee.

Send me a message in game at Lamp#1105 if you want any of this stuff (sorry, US server only). Minimum price per item is at least 1 gold. But if you have too much and feel like you want to give me 1m gold for an item, I'm ok with that too! Or you can give me some Exquisite Essences, or Mythic Health Potions.

Pay what you want! First come first serve, and I will remove items from the album as they are claimed. I haven't even bothered to look over these items and check the AH to see if they are super valuable, so you might find some gems, and it might be all crap.

The only thing I see that might be valuable is the Int/Vit/Res all helm. Might want to actually price that, even though it doesn't have a socket.

I am lightning ball all the time but blues and yellows get to me too fast...

Sorry, which piece do I need to swap and which gems?

Use Caltrops with Torturous Ground (if you have that rune) to slow champs down. Try to kite them along a long, straight path. In Nightmare you may be able to stun lock them with Bola + Thunder (or lightning rune, whatever the stun rune is called).

The helm gem can stay, but you should get emeralds in your armor/pants/etc for a free DPS boost.

Edit: Swap companion for preparation. You can't get by as a DH for long without it.

Anyone ever venture into the 'Trophy Room' forum on d2jsp? You see some pretty mind boggling things like this...

I don't need to see what money will buy people on a video game. I know it's way better than what I'm currently using without the visual.

Phenomic

I could definitely use some of that stuff... but I'm stuck at work for another hour. Le Sigh! I'd feel bad paying next to nothing for it though for sure. (Mainly the helm he's talking about above)

From using Fist of Thunder, sure. Thunderclap just closes gaps. It is purely a utility rune, really. If you need more survivability, it really should be swapped out for Lightning Flash.

Hmm ... have you seen this graph?

rpqd2.jpg

Maybe it's wrong though. I'll play around with Lightning Flash tonight as well. I definitely need more survivability against elites.

The only thing I see that might be valuable is the Int/Vit/Res all helm. Might want to actually price that, even though it doesn't have a socket.

Even if I could get 1m for it, I'd rather just not mess with it. All my auction slots are full, and I have too many items stored away that I need to get rid of to make room for more farming. Rather help another gaffer out than squeeze a little extra money out of it. So yea, if someone can use it, then just name your price and that's fine with me.

Phenomic said:
I could definitely use some of that stuff... but I'm stuck at work for another hour. Le Sigh! I'd feel bad paying next to nothing for it though for sure. (Mainly the helm he's talking about above)

Send me a PM with the items you want and I'll hold them for you. And you don't have to pay next to nothing. You can pay what you want :p

Cagey

Banned
So with the RMAH scheduled to launch tomorrow (note: :lol :lol), and the price of gold threatening to plummet like a MFer, what steps can actually be taken to avoid the devaluation of one's currency?

Lesath

Hmm ... have you seen this graph?

http://i.imgur.com/rpqd2.jpg[IMG]

Maybe it's wrong though. I'll play around with Lightning Flash tonight as well. I definitely need more survivability against elites.[/QUOTE]

That table is correct. I switched to FoT and just sat in Ghom's fart clouds for the entire encounter. The faster spirit gain also grants tremendous gains in Life per Spirit Spent. Though for elites, I prefer Keen Eye for the survivability and reach, as FoT's teleportation can get you intro trouble if mobs have AoE effects.

Also, to respond to an earlier post, the fact that Breath of Heaven has static values isn't important; it scales with your armor and resists. Vitality is pretty much the most useless stat a monk has once he or she stops being three-shot. EHP gains via vitality becomes less important, while sustain via LoH or LpSS more and more relevant.

Volodja

Oh man, I've found a 800dps 1-hander with a socket but I still can't use it when I need to go with a shield because I can only get it to 300 LoH, while my current weapon has 420dps but reaches 700 LoH, and the impact is pretty big.
At least it is good for the moments when I feel fine with dual wielding, even if the other weapon brings the overall dps down by 1k, but having 1k LoH is pretty comfortable even if I only output 12k dps instead of 13k.
Thunderclap is pretty nice with good Life on Hit, especially if you are against a group of mobs.
However, it is necessary to get used to its mini-teleport because it can put you in really bad spots as much as it can save you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom