• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT3| Turn On Elective Mode, Get an Authenticator

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, if you're in Inferno and then go to a lower difficulty, pick the last mission of an act, start a game, leave a game, then join public games you can skip right to that mission on Inferno. I think they even claimed to have hotfixed this one already.
I guess I shouldn't be surprised that a bug they claimed to have fixed still exists, especially since they obviously have far worse problems.

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences
Exactly, it's self-correcting. It doesn't matter how much gold is in the economy, a proportional amount is always being removed.

You don't need to pay all those fees up front. If you sold every item for 1,000 gold each the effect would be the same. 15% is getting removed every time.

There's maybe a few thousand people trading out of game. Compared to a few million playing the game. Volume wins, and people are trading in volume on the AH. There's tons of items selling for 50m+ already on the AH.

Who cares about a 10m AH fee when you have a billion, and it's easier to just flip the item rather than going through some inconvenient offline trading forum? Some people, sure. not me.

It's not self-correcting. Nothing is being removed from the economy except insignificant amounts of a secondary currency. People gambled away tons of it in D2 as a gold sink, didn't make a bit of difference. In a few weeks time gold is already on the path to where it's been in D2 for years and years: a thing you use for trivial everyday stuff. RMAH and trades will be where its at if you want end game gear (and farming if Blizz ever ups the drop rates).

Play economist all you want but we've got a decade of D2 to look back on and so far we're off to the same start. Bots, exploits, dupes. Reaction time is way too slow, and that won't work when you're reactive like Blizz instead of proactive. Expect the majority to be sidestepping gold piles while wearing their duped helms of godliness with perfectly rolled stats. Already been through this, I expect Blizz to start slapping their ladder bandaids on when it gets too hot to handle.

It's not self-correcting. Nothing is being removed from the economy except insignificant amounts of a secondary currency. People gambled away tons of it in D2 as a gold sink, didn't make a bit of difference. In a few weeks time gold is already on the path to where it's been in D2 for years and years: a thing you use for trivial everyday stuff. RMAH and trades will be where its at if you want end game gear (and farming if Blizz ever ups the drop rates).

Play economist all you want but we've got a decade of D2 to look back on and so far we're off to the same start. Bots, exploits, dupes. Reaction time is way too slow, and that won't work when you're reactive like Blizz instead of proactive. Expect the majority to be sidestepping gold piles while wearing their duped helms of godliness with perfectly rolled stats. Already been through this, I expect Blizz to start slapping their ladder bandaids on when it gets too much.

FIFTEEN PERCENT of every transaction is insignificant? Sorry but you're making a horrendously gross exaggeration, considering that it scales (quite heftily) with the size of the transaction.

Every game has exploits when the game first comes out. It becomes exponentially harder to find them as they start patching holes. A few bumps along the road early on is expected, and I'm not sure how you think a response time of a day or 2 is too slow

spirity

If you had statistics to show me how wrong I am them go ahead I will gladly look but I don't care all that much because in the end there is one thing that will remain true: Blizzard doesn't give a shit about the small amount of people who want offline and even if they were more vocal it doesn't matter since they are going to make a lot of money anyway. I'm not saying people can't complain but I'm just saying it won't do any good but go ahead and prove me wrong I'm not going to get butthurt either way.

Out of interest, where are your statistics to prove there is a small fraction of people that want an offline mode? Genuinely curious here, I've seen people argue back and forth about this but never seen any evidence that goes one way or the other.

Zyzyxxz

Out of interest, where are your statistics to prove there is a small fraction of people that want an offline mode? Genuinely curious here, I've seen people argue back and forth about this but never seen any evidence that goes one way or the other.

Honestly no statistics but it appears to be a case of vocal minority here. Most people have decent internet connections now that are connected 24/7 people complained about it on Steam for a while but it never amounted to anything either.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Well, the Templar is true to his word, he certainly is willing to die a thousand deaths to keep the people of Baston's Keep Safe.

jsrv

I stop playing this game for a ~week and come back and see the economy in this state with critical exploits left and right and the gold continuing to lose value at a frightening rate

Wow

Alex

INVULNERABLE MOLTEN LAGSPIKE HOTFIX WALLER

CqeeZ.jpg

Pile it on!

Wow, Blizzard forums need more mods, all the tin hatters and kids aren't funny

Blizzards forums are like one of the biggest cesspools of idiocy on the internet and that sure is saying something

xelios

FIFTEEN PERCENT of every transaction is insignificant? Sorry but you're making a horrendously gross exaggeration, considering that it scales (quite heftily) with the size of the transaction

Every game has exploits when the game first comes out. It becomes exponentially harder to find them as they start patching holes. A few bumps along the road early on is expected, and I'm not sure how you think a response time of a day or 2 is too slow

It's insignificant because gold is becoming insignificant. The fact that it alone is the only thing being removed from the economy is enough, the % doesn't matter. Not even something like unsocketing gems destroying the item or gem -- just gold. It's been less than a month, RMAH isn't even out and the value has plummeted.

Anything that would go for huge sums of gold will be valuable enough that it's going on the RMAH or being $old or traded in/outside the game. People did this in D2 when it was even less convenient than it's going to be here. Inventories full of stuff, duped or not, on forums & ebay for peanuts. I'll give you 100 SOJs. No one will want gold, that's the point. Take 90% of it; in a month or two no one will care. There will be too much "stuff" that's worth more than gold.

Every game? Eh, we're talking Diablo. We don't need other games when we (some of us) have all the economic history of Diablo II etched into our brains. You could argue that was a different game and I might agree if they didn't start off in exactly the same manner (bots, exploits, dupes, currency value rapidly deteriorating, Blizz being reactive instead of proactive with slow response time).

Also, those bumps in the road never went away over a decade. Slap a ladder on 'er.

linsivvi

Yeah, if you're in Inferno and then go to a lower difficulty, pick the last mission of an act, start a game, leave a game, then join public games you can skip right to that mission on Inferno. I think they even claimed to have hotfixed this one already.

They definitely haven't fixed this properly. Just yesterday I saw that I could start the mission to fight Diablo at Inferno even though I'm only on Act 3.

Dahbomb

GUYS THERE WAS NO EXPLOIT. IT WAS A FIGMENT OF YOUR IMAGINATION! THERE WAS ALSO NO HOT FIX AND LAG SPIKE! NOW GO TO SLEEP WHILE WE DO SOME INVESTIGATION!

GG Blizzard GG

syllogism

It's insignificant because gold is becoming insignificant. The fact that it alone is the only thing being removed from the economy is enough, the % doesn't matter. Not even something like unsocketing gems destroying the item or gem -- just gold. It's been less than a month, RMAH isn't even out and the value has plummeted.

Anything that would go for huge sums of gold will be valuable enough that it's going on the RMAH or being $old or traded in/outside the game. People did this in D2 when it was even less convenient than it's going to be here. Inventories full of stuff, duped or not, on forums & ebay for peanuts. I'll give you 100 SOJs. No one will want gold, that's the point. Take 90% of it; in a month or two no one will care. There will be too much "stuff" that's worth more than gold.

Every game? Eh, we're talking Diablo. We don't need other games when we (some of us) have all the economic history of Diablo II etched into our brains. You could argue that was a different game and I might agree if they didn't start off in exactly the same manner (bots, exploits, dupes, currency value rapidly deteriorating, Blizz being reactive instead of proactive with slow response time).

Also, those bumps in the road never went away over a decade. Slap a ladder on 'er.
You are just making assumptions, not presenting any evidence. It's an opinion at best and a pretty dumb one at that since it relies on the notion most people will not trade on AH.

syllogism

GUYS THERE WAS NO EXPLOIT. IT WAS A FIGMENT OF YOUR IMAGINATION! THERE WAS ALSO NO HOT FIX AND LAG SPIKE! NOW GO TO SLEEP WHILE WE DO SOME INVESTIGATION!

GG Blizzard GG
Why do you think there was an exploit and why does a lag spike indicate that something was hotfixed?

xelios

You are just making assumptions, not presenting any evidence. It's an opinion at best and a pretty dumb one at that since it relies on the notion most people will not trade on AH.

Another iteration of a past game by the same company getting off to exactly the same start is not an assumption of mine, but evidence in itself. If you can't see it or didn't experience it the first time around, that is something only time will fix.

suko_32

Just got my third legendary ever!

...I'm not a DH, but if they rollback i'll shed a tear at work later even if I never get good items.

syllogism

Another iteration of a past game by the same company getting off to exactly the same start is not an assumption of mine, but evidence in itself. If you can't see it or didn't experience it the first time around, that is something only time will fix.
That game did not have an in-game AH that is infinitely more convenient than these trading forums.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
This is a mess... I kind of feel bad for Blizzard. Were they checking out the Kripparrian stream while he was duping the gold?

syllogism

This is a mess... I kind of feel bad for Blizzard. Were they checking out the Kripparrian stream while he was duping the gold?
Kripp nor his friends duped or exploited. Their only evidence is a random guy on skype claiming that he bid on item and then lost his money.

GorillaJu

Because an anonymous forum member's brother's "contact" claims to have made $3000 selling duplicated gold.

Clearly there is an exploit, as shown in the video above, but that may be only on Asian servers.

And because some goof with a stream claims he did it, but won't do it again on stream with Bashiok watching.

Cipherr

Well.... are we ever going to actually get someone to show proof? Those few pics floating around turned out to be photoshops. Kripps stream was talking about it, but they never actually did it on screen.

This is actually starting to smell like maybe it never DID exist... If Bashiok calls folks out like this, there would normally be a zillion people lining up to personally dump the egg on his face with proof. But all we are hearing is crickets right now, lol.

LMAO @ damage control.
"THERE IS NO GOLD EXPLOIT... IT'S A FIGMENT OF YOUR IMAGINATION!!!"
Guys Bashiok says it never worked. IT NEVER WORKED. Also the session ID hack never happened. Everyone was on holiday.
We all know that changes in the Matrix are represented by deja vu, not lag spikes

Is there any proof that it worked? I mean, seriously. I generally trust Kripp and them, but looking back, it really was all just talk. They were initially saying they confirmed it worked on the stream, but they have now completely backpeddled to: "We never actually did it, we didnt want to get banned".

maharg

idspispopd
1. Sells his items for x gold.
2. Exits game.
3. Resumes game.
4. Checks stash and inventory, item still there. Gold has now the added x gold.

rinse and repeat for infinite gold.

Yes, I can see what he's doing. I want to know why it works (assuming it really does). Surely if this was a thing you can do reliably it would have been found day 1.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom