• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT3| Turn On Elective Mode, Get an Authenticator

Status
Not open for further replies.

joesmokey

Co-oping is actually fun again with the Inferno change. Granted it may be a little too easy (can't believe I said that), but it's fun progressing again without buying a crapload of gear.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
At work and everyone is talking about this game today for some reason... is 1.0.3 out or what?

RDreamer

lol:

8u9L2.jpg

sleepykyo

lol, a ladder reset would be crazy, too. Literally, would anyone pick Monk or Barbarian if there were a new ladder? With the way things are balanced now, fuck no. Everyone would be a Demon Hunter or Wizard and race through as quickly as possible to try and get the better endgame loot before anyone else.

Well they did tone down the op skills though. Damn, so should have stuck with DH at the beginning.

LUUUUUUUUUUUUUL

Claim the game is online only to prevent dupes hacks and bots ruining the game.

Server issues, server maintenance and HC deaths due to lag spikes ruining the game.

Dupes hacks and bots all up in this shit ruining the game anyway.

What a clusterfuck.

Ashodin

I wonder if I'll get the legendary back I sold.
To people who are laughing about the always online thing: the gold dupe only works because auctions and canceling are part client side.that's where they fucked up.

Instead of a server rollback I think Blizz should rain good down loot and bankrupt everyone

I'm not going to lose my characters and gear to an economic shistorm

That's like if instead of just foreclosing on people during the GFC, the banks emptied their wallets and stripped them naked

Come on, son

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
Woooow. I'm away for a day, get home, check out the thread and all hell's breaking loose. This is bad.

So what's the most realistic course of action for Blizzard here? I really don't see them doing rollbacks, but in a way it seems like the only thing they can really do. Maybe they'll do a rollback without making it seem as bad as it is. Like "Hey roll a new character and try our awesome NEW ladder system! ^_^" or something.

Hopefully they can easily flag all the duped gold and accounts that were duping and nuke them or something, but I think that's being way too optimistic. Me and my 30 million gold are concerned =/

Ashodin

Instead of a server rollback I think Blizz should rain good down loot and bankrupt everyone

I'm not going to lose my characters and gear to an economic shistorm

That's like if instead of just foreclosing on people during the GFC, the banks emptied their wallets and stripped them naked

Come on, son
More like if your job took back all your wages

Zyzyxxz

Wait is this rollback actually possible? Any official statements from Blizzard?

If so my 100 hours invested into the game would be a big piss off to me.

Though I'd probably just create a new character and start playing again anyway.

maharg

idspispopd
LUUUUUUUUUUUUUL

Claim the game is online only to prevent dupes hacks and bots ruining the game.

Server issues, server maintenance and HC deaths due to lag spikes ruining the game.

Dupes hacks and bots all up in this shit ruining the game anyway.

What a clusterfuck.

Not like there's ever been "offline HC". What a meaningless concept that is.

Woooow. I'm away for a day, get home, check out the thread and all hell's breaking loose. This is bad.

So what's the most realistic course of action for Blizzard here? I really don't see them doing rollbacks, but in a way it seems like the only thing they can really do. Maybe they'll do a rollback without making it seem as bad as it is. Like "Hey roll a new character and try our awesome NEW ladder system! ^_^" or something.

Hopefully they can easily flag all the duped gold and accounts that were duping and nuke them or something, but I think that's being way too optimistic. Me and my 30 million gold are concerned =/

They'll delete as many of the banks as possible (some might have dispersed), ban the accounts that used said exploits, patch the exploits, and go on about their business. After it's all said and done, everyone will complain about how the economy is shit, even though the effects on your average player will actually be relatively minimal.

Totakeke

I wonder if I'll get the legendary back I sold.
To people who are laughing about the always online thing: the gold dupe only works because auctions and canceling are part client side.that's where they fucked up.

Which makes the whole thing even more dumb in the first place. Build server infrastructure, trouble every player, but in the end they decide to leave something client-side that is gold/item related and fuck everything up. How stupid/greedy can they be.

Ketch

No. I don't care about the AH or the economy or duping or botting or whatever. I just want to play the game solo on a laptop away from home. They could have left offline play in as an option because the online only doesn't fix anything anyway. There will always be bullshit exploits and assholes exploiting them.

Stop defending DRM that has once again been proven to only hurt the legit customers: Hackers get billions of gold. I get shitty lag, disconnections, server "down time", the ability to play while away from home removed, and now potentially progress reset. So stop defending this bullshit, it's a stupid ass design decision, proven with facts. science.

syllogism

They'll delete as many of the banks as possible (some might have dispersed), ban the accounts that used said exploits, patch the exploits, and go on about their business. After it's all said and done, everyone will complain about how the economy is shit, even though the effects on your average player will actually be relatively minimal.
And even if billions of duped gold remains in the system, blizzard tax assures that it will be gone eventually

balddemon

Banned
lmao nl_Kripp using a skill build with unforgiving (fury regen) as a passive and throwing axe/stupefy for his main skill. charms enemies. pretty tight. i might try it later

mileS

lmao nl_Kripp using a skill build with unforgiving (fury regen) as a passive and throwing axe/stupefy for his main skill. charms enemies. pretty tight. i might try it later

Yea im watching this as well. Really interesting, seems like a build to clear most of the game undergeared.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
And even if billions of duped gold remains in the system, blizzard tax assures that it will be gone eventually

55% removed every 5 generations of trade.

Here is some fun math, If we have 1 Billion Gold, how many trades does it take to bring that down to 1 million?

Yes, just 43 trades, and a Billion is down to 922k.

Zyzyxxz

No. I don't care about the AH or the economy or duping or botting or whatever. I just want to play the game solo on a laptop away from home. They could have left offline play in as an option because the online only doesn't fix anything anyway. There will always be bullshit exploits and assholes exploiting them.

Stop defending DRM that has once again been proven to only hurt the legit customers: Hackers get billions of gold. I get shitty lag, disconnections, server "down time", the ability to play while away from home removed, and now potentially progress reset. So stop defending this bullshit, it's a stupid ass design decision, proven with facts. science.

Jeez if you are so offended go wait and play Torchlight 2.

Honestly nobody force you to buy this game, you knew before you bought it that it was online only. Proven with facts and science? I'd like to see them please?

You are a tiny fraction of the people who would want to solo the game for the entire experience and honestly Blizzard doesn't give a shit about you unfortunately. The game wasn't designed to be played solo forever. The moment the beta came out and I saw the mechanics I knew the game was going to be heavily equipment orientated and that the shit drop rates were their way of forcing you into the auction house. If you can't accept that this ins't the game for you.

Here is some fun math, If we have 1 Billion Gold, how many trades does it take to bring that down to 1 million?

Hmm interesting math here. I've been very intrigued by the whole economic aspect of D3. I thought the tax on in game gold was retarded but in this case it does seem to act as a way to rebalance the ecosystem.

if they do a complete roll back I'm gonna be so mad. I just got two godlike items today and if I lose this shit, I'm gonna fucking murder someone. What a clusterfuck this shit is. People who are just playing normally shouldn't be punished for Blizzards blatant incompetence.

Fuck that noise.

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences

Problem is, who the hell is gonna pay the fees on 1 billion gold. People are already trading in person to avoid much lesser fees (as they will out of game to avoid RMAH fees).

Exactly, it's self-correcting. It doesn't matter how much gold is in the economy, a proportional amount is always being removed.

xelios said:
Problem is, who the hell is gonna pay the fees on 1 billion gold. People are already trading in person to avoid much lesser fees (as they will out of game to avoid RMAH fees).

You don't need to pay all those fees up front. If you sold every item for 1,000 gold each the effect would be the same. 15% is getting removed every time.

There's maybe a few thousand people trading out of game. Compared to a few million playing the game. Volume wins, and people are trading in volume on the AH. There's tons of items selling for 50m+ already on the AH.

Who cares about a 10m AH fee when you have a billion, and it's easier to just flip the item rather than going through some inconvenient offline trading forum? Some people, sure. not me.

Ketch

Honestly nobody force you to buy this game, you knew before you bought it that it was online only. Proven with facts and science? I'd like to see them please?

You are a tiny fraction of the people who would want to solo the game for the entire experience and honestly Blizzard doesn't give a shit about you unfortunately. The game wasn't designed to be played solo forever. The moment the beta came out and I saw the mechanics I knew the game was going to be heavily equipment orientated and that the shit drop rates were their way of forcing you into the auction house. If you can't accept that this ins't the game for you.

I didn't say I don't like the game, and I don't mean to imply that I never would play online. Simply put, making the game always online only was a stupid idea, and defending it as a "good thing" is also stupid. There is was no good reason for them to remove the offline option.

maharg

idspispopd

Yeah, no. Most people will use the AH and the RMAH. The effort and risks of going outside that aren't worth it for most people.

Never ever underestimate the laziness of the user.

Also, complaining about this game being online only is like complaining about a lack of gore in Mario. That's just the kind of game it is.

I didn't say I don't like the game, and I don't mean to imply that I never would play online. Simply put, making the game always online only was a stupid idea, and defending it as a "good thing" is also stupid. There is was no good reason for them to remove the offline option.

Man are we still having this discussion even though it's been beaten into the ground on 100 separate occasions? It's over and done with, practice meditation or something, find some closure.

Fantomex

Hmm interesting math here. I've been very intrigued by the whole economic aspect of D3. I thought the tax on in game gold was retarded but in this case it does seem to act as a way to rebalance the ecosystem.

Haha you know everything? You've looked at blizzards stats, feedback, peak hours, return buyers, ah tendencies? Your comments are idiotic, dismissive and as they say in the hood ig'nant. People are allowed to complain about a service/product thry legally paid for. Blizzard screwed up, their drm excuses which they translated into prevention of duping, theft and cheating were not true. So since that failed why can't they give people the offline experience they want? Duping is gonna happen anyway as it has just been proven.

So hmm where does the rollback info come from ?

And is gold duping actually working on NA and EU servers or just on Asian one as reported earlier ?

PS. Makes me wonder if I were Blizz would i implement some kind of changeListener to note me about people who gained too much money too fast or are playing same area for 24/7 ;)

Zyzyxxz

Haha you know everything? You've looked at blizzards stats, feedback, peak hours, return buyers, ah tendencies? Your comments are idiotic, dismissive and as they say in the hood ig'nant. People are allowed to complain about a service/product thry legally paid for. Blizzard screwed up, their drm excuses which they translated into prevention of duping, theft and cheating were not true. So since that failed why can't they give people the offline experience they want? Duping is gonna happen anyway as it has just been proven.

No I don't know anything but the person I was quoting was being so definite.

I didn't say I had all the answers and rather I'm not defending Blizzard but trying to sort out the bullshit and just state the truth.

If you had statistics to show me how wrong I am them go ahead I will gladly look but I don't care all that much because in the end there is one thing that will remain true: Blizzard doesn't give a shit about the small amount of people who want offline and even if they were more vocal it doesn't matter since they are going to make a lot of money anyway. I'm not saying people can't complain but I'm just saying it won't do any good but go ahead and prove me wrong I'm not going to get butthurt either way.

So hmm where does the rollback info come from ?

And is gold duping actually working on NA and EU servers or just on Asian one as reported earlier ?

PS. Makes me wonder if I were Blizz would i implement some kind of changeListener to note me about people who gained too much money too fast or are playing same area for 24/7 ;)

They should just rollback Asia servers if true. It'll only take 48 hours for them to get back to where they were.

For some reason I could only select "The Heart of Sin" quest in public play, I got hammered over and over by a group of enemies. Then I did a bit more looking at the menus and I come to find out that, for some reason, the game is letting me play that quest on Inferno, when I'm still on Act 1 in Inferno.

I hope accidentally triggering this bug isn't considered a cheat by Blizzard which will screw up my account. :/

SUPARSTARX

Quitting if they roll back. Rolling back screws a lot of people that played legit even for a day or two and that's a lot of people. But this problem has been kept under wraps since first week.

Caerith

For some reason I could only select "The Heart of Sin" quest in public play, I got hammered over and over by a group of enemies. Then I did a bit more looking at the menus and I come to find out that, for some reason, the game is letting me play that quest on Inferno, when I'm still on Act 1 in Inferno.

I hope accidentally triggering this bug isn't considered a cheat by Blizzard which will screw up my account. :/
Yeah, if you're in Inferno and then go to a lower difficulty, pick the last mission of an act, start a game, leave a game, then join public games you can skip right to that mission on Inferno. I think they even claimed to have hotfixed this one already.

red731

Well, well, well..it seems that the game is still beeing forged by Hepsasto in the Hellforge.

I can't wait to break that soulstone there and by soulstone I mean another patches that will be released...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom