• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT3| Turn On Elective Mode, Get an Authenticator

Status
Not open for further replies.

red731

Yes, I can see what he's doing. I want to know why it works. Surely if this was a thing you can do reliably it would have been found day 1.

Maybe he has some script to change system time. So when he leaves game, he rolls time back and repeats.

System time is OP. -edit: seriously

:lol

HC Revive - from blizz for.

1) you need a character in hardcore
2) kill yourself
3) reverse the clock
4) character is back alive
5) rinse and repeat

maharg

idspispopd
Maybe he has some script to change system time. So when he leaves game, he rolls time back and repeats.

System time is OP.

I really doubt they've got this one relying on system time in any way. The other one makes sense (time is used to make a button available, they just didn't check server side that it should have been).

It's insignificant because gold is becoming insignificant. The fact that it alone is the only thing being removed from the economy is enough, the % doesn't matter. Not even something like unsocketing gems destroying the item or gem -- just gold. It's been less than a month, RMAH isn't even out and the value has plummeted.

Anything that would go for huge sums of gold will be valuable enough that it's going on the RMAH or being $old or traded in/outside the game. People did this in D2 when it was even less convenient than it's going to be here. Inventories full of stuff, duped or not, on forums & ebay for peanuts. I'll give you 100 SOJs. No one will want gold, that's the point. Take 90% of it; in a month or two no one will care. There will be too much "stuff" that's worth more than gold.

Every game? Eh, we're talking Diablo. We don't need other games when we (some of us) have all the economic history of Diablo II etched into our brains. You could argue that was a different game and I might agree if they didn't start off in exactly the same manner (bots, exploits, dupes, currency value rapidly deteriorating, Blizz being reactive instead of proactive with slow response time).

Also, those bumps in the road never went away over a decade. Slap a ladder on 'er.

Hmm let's see:
first week of game launch people playing mostly normal/nightmare = low gold income per hour
second week - people going into hell/inferno some of them making specialized gold farm equipment sets - much higher income of gold
months later- everyone and his grandma have access to best GF gear and knows best spots - very high production of gold

but after that is reached there won't be easy ways to increase production

And if repair costs are scalled accordingly as well as popularity of blacksmith increases there will be good enough money sinks in game assuming Blizzard can keep bot users away (or at least ban them faster than they get cash for new account).

red731

I really doubt they've got this one relying on system time in any way. The other one makes sense (time is used to make a button available, they just didn't check server side that it should have been).

Maybe there is something more to it, I don't know or need to know.
I will just wait and see how Blizzard will handle this.

Check my previous post for more fun with time.

GorillaJu

Also, videos of large gold amounts prove nothing unless we see that gold amount is useable. You can edit the gold value in memory - its like the easiest thing to fake. No photoshopping necessary

Riggs

Banned
CqeeZ.jpg

Pile it on!

Blizzards forums are like one of the biggest cesspools of idiocy on the internet and that sure is saying something

I want to make that an avatar but you wouldn't be able to read all the affixes haha

red731

KuGsj.gif
In the end, this is still a trap for people who want to try this.
Blizzard will ban everyone trying it and thus lowering the pressure on the servers.

zon

Yes, I can see what he's doing. I want to know why it works (assuming it really does). Surely if this was a thing you can do reliably it would have been found day 1.

Read the comments for the video, apparently they fucked something up when they did the rollback for the Asian servers. The problem is because of developer incompetence, not hacking or abusing the system clock.

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences
That game did not have an in-game AH that is infinitely more convenient than these trading forums.

I know and it's pretty exciting to see how things will turn out once the RMAH is available. People really jumped through hoops for sales and trades which didn't involve gold in D2, with the forums trading, eBay and not being able to trust people. I can't imagine how convenient this will feel in comparison. And then the people selling good stuff will have the dilemma of do I want gold vs dollars and is the stuff I want being sold for gold or dollars. Decisions decisions.

Riggs

Banned
Forums are like a game of telephone except you can actually look backward to confirm something. Just nobody actually does.

Responses that just dig at the OP, yet do not address original question are like herpes. They are a part of life, but no body likes them.

Sorry best I could come up with ^_^ Just playing btw

Alex

qyfRe.png

I don't know anything about Witch Doctors, so do the stats on this thing make it any better at all beyond the couple hundred thousand it would get for it's DPS?

Island

KuGsj.gif
In the end, this is still a trap for people who want to try this.
Blizzard will ban everyone trying it and thus lowering the pressure on the servers.

All you do is sell stuff to a vendor.... and hope when you restart that your stuff is back. Blizzard has no way of knowing if you are trying to dupe or simply sell your stuff

red731

Why would they ban people for doing something that doesn't work? Not an exploit then.

Well, I am mostly "assuming" since the only way for me to try it now is to watch (photoshoped) images or that korean video where he is selling and selling.

So yeah, I've got nothing, since I am at work...

http://i.imgur.com/qyfRe.png[//IMG]

I don't know anything about Witch Doctors, so do the stats on this thing make it any better at all beyond the couple hundred thousand it would get for it's DPS?[/QUOTE]

Oh my god..

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
Well.... are we ever going to actually get someone to show proof? Those few pics floating around turned out to be photoshops. Kripps stream was talking about it, but they never actually did it on screen.

This is actually starting to smell like maybe it never DID exist... If Bashiok calls folks out like this, there would normally be a zillion people lining up to personally dump the egg on his face with proof. But all we are hearing is crickets right now, lol.

Is there any proof that it worked? I mean, seriously. I generally trust Kripp and them, but looking back, it really was all just talk. They were initially saying they confirmed it worked on the stream, but they have now completely backpeddled to: "We never actually did it, we didnt want to get banned".

Yeah I saw a ton of people saying "hey this is legit" so I believed it. Then that thread on the Blizzard forum happened, and the amount of people saying "I saw Kripp doing it on his stream!" when he never did, made me question whether a similar phenomenon happened with all the dudes saying the gold dupe was real.

Still wouldn't be too surprised if the gold dupe was real, but I'm definitely questioning it more.

Riggs

Banned
Looked what rings (1 ring that is) I can purchase for 2 million gold, complete shit lol. Well complete shit considering at the stats that "I" think are good that is. Inflationnnnn ftw.

Zyzyxxz

qyfRe.png

I don't know anything about Witch Doctors, so do the stats on this thing make it any better at all beyond the couple hundred thousand it would get for it's DPS?

WTF I didn't know you could get that much max mana. I don't play WD but that seems like an insane boosts.

Including the mana regen is nice too!

Only thing to knock is the minimum damage seems awfully low.

eek5

qyfRe.png

When you go to sell it price it against mana regen/vit/int on search.

Oh sweet, if someone else is still in the game, you can join them and your items are still on the ground.

OzLyo.jpg

Dat INT.

Great enchantress weapon!

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences
WTF I didn't know you could get that much max mana. I don't play WD but that seems like an insane boosts.

Including the mana regen is nice too!

Only thing to knock is the minimum damage seems awfully low.

The damage spread is a problem with ceremonial knives in general, not just that one.

V_Arnold

Just checked this thread, roll backs, gold/item duping, WHAT THE FUCK is going on GAF? Inform me, I am uninformed!

This thread is the equivalent of a Hyperbole King that smoked too much weed and is now having a panic attack. It is crazy like never before.

Dahbomb

I logged on and in the bottom corner it says to click here if you want to join General chat. That wasn't there before... pretty sure it put you straight in General chat post 1.02c or whatever.

V_Arnold

Diablo.Incgamers, by Flux whom I disliked first but his style is great in some cases. Like this one:

This seems to be Exhibit A of why you should believe none of what you hear, and half of what you see. Everybody can put their pants back on and come home from running naked in the streets banging pots and pans to wake the towns folk. Much of the internet has been had by what was clearly a poorly executed hoax. It’s nearly a year until the next April 1st, so don’t get all premature on us.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Act 3, Soul Rippers. Again and again - are they guaranteed blue/yellow mobs in the 3rd quest?

:(

nasos_333

So is there going to be any rollback?

Can I play my game?

The real question is if there will be a 100% safe to play offline version

I hope to god now that they made 6 million sales and cant possibly be that much hurt from piracy, offer an option to a completly offline version

Tears of joy would start pouring from my eyes if that happened

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom