• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT3| Turn On Elective Mode, Get an Authenticator

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
I think all this duping-news is making me crazy... might start HC when I come home from work.

Fuck.

rCIZZLE

Whether or not to provide an option for offline play was a decision made years ago, and even if Blizzard wanted to reverse that decision it's far too late now. The entire game would have to be rewritten from the ground up.

Saying it won't happen isn't going to keep dissatisfied people quiet, as it shouldn't. Constantly reminding Blizzard about the features they took away from the previous entry so they fix the issues people are having is a good thing.

Right now SC is starting to be a joke with people doing an Inferno Diablo kill service less than a month after release so some of us want to play HC for that new challenge. Problem is though the servers are terrible with random lagspikes that can mean death at any time. That's not supposed to be the challenge of the game. Also, some people want to be able to play through the game without fear of their account being stolen and messed with.

Do you think nearly as many people would have issues with online only if the servers ran buttery smooth or Blizzard made it harder for account thefts to occur?

LordAlu

So I play with a Barbarian friend and we've just reached Inferno. This is my Lvl60 Monk:

Monk60Details.jpg

Monk60Attributes.jpg

Skills
  • Fists of Thunder -> Thunderclap
  • Cyclone Strike -> Soothing Breeze
  • Sweeping Wind -> Blade Storm
  • Breath of Heaven -> Circle of Life
  • Mantra of Healing -> Boon of Inspiration
  • Seven Sided Strike -> Sudden Assault
Passives
  • Resolve
  • Seize The Initiative
  • Transcendance
The grey packs aren't bad but we're getting destroyed by blue packs (which always seem to have chains and AOE on them). Don't have much gold (130k) but is there anything I should change? What about my build - anything I can change about that to give me a better chance?

eek5

So I play with a Barbarian friend and we've just reached Inferno. This is my Lvl60 Monk:

The grey packs aren't bad but we're getting destroyed by blue packs (which always seem to have chains and AOE on them). Don't have much gold (130k) but is there anything I should change? What about my build - anything I can change about that to give me a better chance?

You need resists and some more armor.. like any amount will help at this point.

ch0mp

Most important I think is that you need resists. Pick a resist and use your One With Everything passive. Probably want a Life on Hit weapon too.

V_Arnold

What isn't happening? The dupes or the rollbacks?

NONE OF IT! NOTHING IS HAPPENING! :D
(Except for a hotfix that added option of joining general chat instead of auto-joining. But the conspiracy theorists say that that was just a COVERUP for the hotfix that fixed the REAL duping! :D)

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
NONE OF IT! NOTHING IS HAPPENING! :D
(Except for a hotfix that added option of joining general chat instead of auto-joining. But the conspiracy theorists say that that was just a COVERUP for the hotfix that fixed the REAL duping! :D)
Haha, oh D3-community... what would I do without you ♥

Your DPS and life are much higher than mine were when I cleared act 1.

You NEED life on hit and you NEED serenity for starters. I would work on getting some resists (it really wont cost you that much because you don't need 700+ just yet)

Sh1ner

Are you me? Getting your ass kicked by a skeleton or similar is kinda humbling. Then random elites almost one shotting you brings alot more tension in to the game. I love it!

...seriously, I'm dreading starting Inferno already and I haven't even reached the end of act II yet.

I have met a few skeles and torn them in two but yes I love the challenge. I expect to have my ass owned soon and will enjoy it instead of walking through massive crowds on normal and just destroying everything just turns into a yawn fest. Only had 1 real issue on normal and that was the ugly fat boss in act 2 I believe. Then I turned elective mode on and laughed my way to the ending.

I wish I experienced this game on nightmare or higher difficulty at the very begining instead of having to unlock it. Would have appreciated the game much more.

RivalCore

Get 300-350 Resist All. More if you can afford it. Should be pretty doable on the cheap using One With Everything.

Snookie

So I had a good night last night. I had these two (errr set) drops. Need a price check!

KMdDU.png

and

geIbc.png

I'm a DH and I just got into inferno. I think I might keep the tal rasha piece. But maybe i'll sell it if the price is right. The IAS, MF and resists are really nice though.

zon

I just wanted to say I cleared act 1 inferno with my Wizard the day after I finished Hell, no new gear (except 1 piece I found on the way through). I had two pieces of gear that were still from when the character was in the 20s. I even fought my way up to the Khasim Outpost in act 2 with no real trouble (mainly because I only killed half of the champs/elites I found) and cleared Magdha's ambush there. My friend joined with his barb when I had just started on act 2, he died after two hits to everything there. he had been playing his barb since the game was released and my wizard that had reached 60 the day before had to pull him through basically. Felt good to see that I did so well. :) I definitely need a damage boost before I can finish act 2 though. That was very noticeable.

It really feels like the Wizard rewards intelligent play. I have to say I like him far more than my monk.

red731

So I had a good night last night. I had these two legendary drops. Need a price check!

http://i.imgur.com/KMdDU.png[//IMG]

and

[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/geIbc.png[//IMG]

I'm a DH and I just got into inferno. I think I might keep the tal rasha piece. But maybe i'll sell it if the price is right. The IAS, MF and resists are really nice though.[/QUOTE]

You do know that you had two SET drops, right?

alright i think i am now finally ready to break my "no AH rule" ... i finished Normal without it and now playing on Nightmare Act II and getting my ass kicked quite often by champion packs etc. My stats are pretty abysmal i guess, but that's what you get for NOT using the auction house eh?

I have like 8 K health and only 500 base damage (Witch Doc with no Soul Harvest on that is)

AH here i come :(

alright i think i am now finally ready to break my "no AH rule" ... i finished Normal without it and now playing on Nightmare Act II and getting my ass kicked quite often by champion packs etc. (

You don't really NEED Auction Hall until late Hell or Inferno IMO.

You just have to realize you have to grind your favourite parts of the game for better loot. I didn't break until Act 4 Hell.

Edit: I am a Witch Doctor.

Yoshichan

It really feels like the Wizard rewards intelligent play. I have to say I like him far more than my monk.
Wizard is the only class that requires smart play right now.

Nooo! I am witch doctor at lvl 40 in NM Act two, too and as a second new character, I won't touch AH with him!
Let us loot and grind!
We can do eet!

damn... maybe i do need to start "grinding" then... never really did this before, so i just restart a couple of the quests i already did then right? and this really gives me better loot? or is just for additional XP?

Something I have to ask because I'm confused...

1. 800 DPS - Crit Dmg % 60, Int, Vit
  2. 800 DPS - Int, Vit, 20% IAS

Number one would be better for raw DPS because in weapon two the IAS factors into the DPS, right?

Edit: Winnie you just re-do the content and since all loot in random you can get upgrades randomly, you of courses get all the XP again from all kills and stuff so it's really win-win.

Something I have to ask because I'm confused...

1. 800 DPS - Crit Dmg % 60, Int, Vit
  2. 800 DPS - Int, Vit, 20% IAS

Number one would be better for raw DPS because in weapon two the IAS factors into the DPS, right?

Yes.

Also if you have +40% IAS from other weapons weapon 1 will benefit more than 2.

red731

damn... maybe i do need to start "grinding" then... never really did this before, so i just restart a couple of the quests i already did then right? and this really gives me better loot? or is just for additional XP?

You can change the quest to previous ones or I just go to some waypoint and then I will clean all the map, with it's caves and den's and such.
I want to meet biggest number of rares and unique monsters, same as with events.
Just replay areas or quests. More XP and more loot.

Yoshichan

<3 My Wizard, she is awesome. I keep making other toons and I do play them but I keep coming back to her and all her squishiness
Agreed &#9829; !

Yoshichan

Another Heart of Sin farm-spot? What is it now :/?

I <3 Wizard so much. Teleport w/ Fracture such a fun skill.

I'm running Meteor Blizzard Hydra Electrocute Diamond Skin Teleport in Inferno Act 1. Sure Meteor isn't optimal, but it's fun as hell, lol. There is no skill more fun to use than Meteor Shower. And I can clear all Act 1 with it.

V_Arnold

I want to master Teleport with the rune that allows me to port back to the original locations. Should work great with Venom Hydra, porting around dem pools. Which means that every 8 seconds, there is a possible teleport.

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
Haha, you guys. So silly.

Anyway, I wonder if they'll nerf the Heart of Sin farm spot. Pretty ridiculous for ranged classes to farm that ledge.

Probably. It's not that great anyway though. I did that for like 2 hours a few nights ago and I got less rares than I would've if I had just spent that same time running siegebreaker. And if you're even capable of getting to that point you should be able to do siegebreaker anyway.

MMORPG vs Online RPG. The two are quite comparable.

I realize there's a large group of Diablo fans who didn't want Diablo III to be an Online RPG, but that ship sailed a long time ago. It's time to move on.

Have you played the previous game in the series or indeed any other game in the genre? Jesus goddamn christ.

Kyoufu

Probably. It's not that great anyway though. I did that for like 2 hours a few nights ago and I got less rares than I would've if I had just spent that same time running siegebreaker. And if you're even capable of getting to that point you should be able to do siegebreaker anyway.

I'm having issues soloing Siegebreaker on my Barb now that Tyrael was nerfed. I'm tanky but lack the damage at the moment. Need a DH buddy :(

Yoshichan

I want to master Teleport with the rune that allows me to port back to the original locations. Should work great with Venom Hydra, porting around dem pools. Which means that every 8 seconds, there is a possible teleport.
I was planning on using this for PvP!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom