• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT3| Turn On Elective Mode, Get an Authenticator

Status
Not open for further replies.
I...don't get it.

Someone explain that horrible video to me.

a lot of the people who have been hacked seemed to also have joined public games. in addition to not having authenticator in place. there's a relationship.

fucking goat men just killed me. great.

what happens when you die? all your shit gets less durable? what does that mean?
basically, if your items get low enough, they'll stop working in a battle. you'll lose whatever the armor and bonuses an item was giving until you repair your stuff.

Rufus

I...don't get it.

Someone explain that horrible video to me.
The guy with the polar bear hat got hacked and all his gear stolen by the guy that joined his pulic game. Don't ask me how that works, I have no idea, but it appears that's what's happening to people in the game.

pringles

a lot of the people who have been hacked seemed to also have joined public games. in addition to not having authenticator in place. there's a relationship.
My brother, to my knowledge, has not played any public games. He has either played with me in private games, or solo.

Still, hacked.

zlatko

Banned
So I completed all of nightmare yesterday by staying up to 2AM lol. Managed to hit level 50 as Monk as well. Soloed the final boss without issues which was funny to me. :p

I did have one giant hiccup though. On the last part of Act 4, I WAS with a group of 3 other people, then a ton of shit happened on screen with enemies/abilities, so the entire screen went black. I couldn't go to desktop, windows key/ctrl alt delete,etc wouldn't work. However, I could still hear game audio.

Is this something I should be worried about? I mean it was a helluva long play session. I'm just worried it might be some graphics card over heating issue or something ALA the one starcraft 2 had where people got their cards fried due to SC2.

This is a tip for people that want to skip Act II and move on to either Act III or Act IV.

Starts a game in single player in Act X quest X in hell mode, now leave your game and
go into a public game. You will now be in inferno Act X quest X. Leave game and then
resume game, and now your in single player Act X quest X but in inferno!!

re-quoting from last night because it's awesome.

My brother, to my knowledge, has not played any public games. He has either played with me in private games, or solo.

Still, hacked.
perhaps joining public games make you more of a target. I don't know.

rozay

Banned
What? As the Witch Doctor in most parties I'm noted for dying less than everybody else.

Oh, and as far as that WD stream goes the spiders are just icing. He has ~40k DPS from gear/passives, that is what you need to take away from that video. I've been farming act 1 of inferno for a week now and am still ~1000 Int behind his gear and am using a weapon with about 400 less base damage. :p

Another thing to notice is his attack speed. Poison Darts with splinter and stacked IAS is the way to go in most of Inferno. Allows the max range kiting you need to survive. While the barbarians and monks are standing up front getting destroyed by molten and fire chains I'm just beyond mortar range focusing whichever elite is at lowest HP.

Mobs in inferno hit ridiculously hard and the gear you need to stand toe to toe with them doesn't really drop in Act 1. Classes that can do their damage from range are naturally going to have it easier than those who can't.
I really regret giving a ring with IAS to a friend of mine now. Bears isn't really cutting it with my current dps against mobs.

Anyone know what skills/passives that guy is using btw?

zlatko

Banned

Still, hacked.

When I was hacked around Cataclysm release it had to do with me restarting my WoW subscription, and having checked my email. There is a REALLY 99% legit looking Blizzard email scammer who sends me emails to my old main email that never went to junk, and even blocking it would get new ones to show up. I never clicked anything in those emails, because if you comb over one you can tell it isn't really Blizzard. Make sure you and others aren't getting these emails... just having them in your email folder could be the cause.

Realyn

FKN HC Hell Belial doooown.

used this setup:
fOcLd.jpg

and this build:
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/demon-hunter#aSVdXT!eTY!bbbbZZ

mega pussy mode.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
What a mess ._.

I dont get it. I just enter a single player game, exit, enter a public, exit, then go back and I'll be in Inferno? Explain please?
1.) Select the mission you want to be on in Hell (assuming you've already finished Hell) and start the game. Then exit back to the main menu.

2.) Hit the "Public Games" button and join a game in that mission. It will auto-switch the game to the Inferno version of that mission.

3.) Leave the public game. You'll still be on Inferno but can no play it solo.

Basically, the advantage here is being able to skip Act II and farm better, later Acts and sections.

So right now Diablo has turned into AH the game. Inferno sucks.
indeed.

Normal - Hell = you can more or less farm what you need.

Inferno = you have to buy what you need because it's unlikely you'll farm it anytime soon. good enough items don't drop before or during Act II. not that I've picked up anyway.

Jrmint

Just killed Act 2 final boss in NM as a DH. Pretty challenging fight, the green orb spam part felt pretty cheap (one shotted). Thank god for Smoke Screen.

I had read about that ability here, but never tried it before.

tn2007

IAS works on most gear that you're probably equipping. Some of the legendary pieces that give IAS are bugged atm (low level shoes and belt from what I heard).

Look at the stat modifier on the item and if it says "increase attack speed by XX%" than it won't function properly. It's a bug that is affecting some unique items, and they are currently looking into fixing it. If the item has "attack speed increase by XX%" than the modifier will work properly. So if you already bought or found an item with the broken modifier than you might want to hold onto it since it will be fixed.

Question for my Witch Doctors...

The is a passive ability(can't remember the name at this time)that allows you to do 20% more damage at the cost of 30% more mana for each ability. Do some of you find this is a waste and I should just get a different passive skill?

zlatko

Banned
So I'm not sure what I'll take up as my secondary class. I play Monk now, but feel Demon Hunter or Wizard would be awesome.

Post some screenshots of your characters GAF to help convince me of their sexiness!

Instro

The is a passive ability(can't remember the name at this time)that allows you to do 20% more damage at the cost of 30% more mana for each ability. Do some of you find this is a waste and I should just get a different passive skill?

Pierce the Veil. A lot of people use it, as the damage boost is pretty significant.

It's actually a really good passive depending on your build. If you're spamming darts then there's really no reason not to have that passive, and the bear build can also make use of the increased dps (provided rain dance can keep your mana full with the increased cost).

SyNapSe

I use it currently.

I use it. My mana runs out quickly but with the +Mana/Regen and Spirit Vessel passive, along with the Honored Guest rune on Spirit Walk I'm able to regen mana pretty quickly if I need to.

The fact that your abilities do so much more damage means you don't need to cast as much to kill enemies. The main thing that drains me is Zombie Bears and, really, once I've let enough of those out to drain my mana everything is dead so regen is not an issue, if everything isn't dead than a quick Spirit Walk will bring me right back up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom