• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT3| Turn On Elective Mode, Get an Authenticator

Status
Not open for further replies.
What is the secret to making all these millions of gold? I just don't understand how weapons can even be listed for 5+ million on the AH. I've never had more than a few hundred thousand at any one time. I've made it to Act II Inferno and can no longer progress without new gear, but how am I supposed to have several million? I just don't understand...

What is the secret to making all these millions of gold? I just don't understand how weapons can even be listed for 5+ million on the AH. I've never had more than a few hundred thousand at any one time. I've made it to Act II Inferno and can no longer progress without new gear, but how am I supposed to have several million? I just don't understand...

AH barons.

Also, people farm gear and sell 'em so they pile up gold.

Farm where? How? What is the secret? It takes a good hour to build up neph valor and kill Skeleton King, and even with a 5x stack he never drops anything worth a shit. Where are people farming? What is the secret that everyone seems to know but me?

people who spend more time auction housing than playing the game. They buy for less and sell for more. Repeat a zillion times.

Fou-Lu

Well game is finally kinda getting hard in Act I Hell, mostly because elite groups can have some pretty silly ability combinations. Nothing kiting can't take care of, but still.

Question for my Witch Doctors...

The is a passive ability(can't remember the name at this time)that allows you to do 20% more damage at the cost of 30% more mana for each ability. Do some of you find this is a waste and I should just get a different passive skill?

I use it when I'm not using my Vision Quest build. VQ is good, but play style is very boring and repetitive. I typically use Pierce the Veil with Darts (Splinters) + atk spd% gear. Ups the DPS, especially with SH.

I just finished NM... and carried a barb/demon hunter in the process. They kept dying against
Diablo
. I didn't die once. Once their armor broke I stopped reviving them. lol Oh public games.

MacAttack

So I'm not sure what I'll take up as my secondary class. I play Monk now, but feel Demon Hunter or Wizard would be awesome.

Post some screenshots of your characters GAF to help convince me of their sexiness!
My Wiz rocking a 2-handed sword. Makes perfect sense.

Fnxje.jpg

Good lord the AH is just a flaming pile of shit today.

I gave up trying to get my lvl 10 +exp shoulders. Cant even put bids in without it timing out.

RyudBoy

Why does my character move/attack in slow motion? The frame rate is fine, but everything is moving slow. Anyone know a fix to this?

I haven't seen this posted yet but its brilliant. I don't know why I didn't think of it myself!! It works wonders for quick encounters!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qzpRAUgyxaU

It's a Witch Doctor soloing Butcher on Inferno in about 10 seconds. I can tell you he is using Zombie Bears for his main dps and most likely using the slam dance voodo for extra 30% damage. He is also using the passive that allows for stupid mana regen when 4 abilities are on cool down and pairing the extra mana with Pierce the Veil that gives a ton of damage in trade for higher mana costs.

parasight

Holy crap. I solo'd
Belial
on Inferno. I thought it would be way harder considering what everyone was saying. I actually had a harder time with
Kule
. Phase 3 is actually very easy with decent resist (500ish). I actually died more in Phases 1 and 2.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Can you post pics of your level 60 characters? :) I want to see what they look like.
Trust me, they're all very ugly looking :(

zlatko

Banned
My Wiz rocking a 2-handed sword. Makes perfect sense.

Fnxje.jpg

I gave up trying to get my lvl 10 +exp shoulders. Cant even put bids in without it timing out.

Sexy. :D

also WTF @ that Witch Doctor video. Funny how I thought they'd be the weakest class, and Monk was going to be OP as fuuuck pre release. Boy was I wrong. ; ;

Ptaaty

I find that pack vampiric modifier enemies the most unbalanced (or at least force way different tactics) - get the wrong set of these and it is harder than many bosses. Probably worse for WD (like me) using zombies - they just give them more life.

How does the Witch Doctor fare in hell/inferno so far?

I can't solo Hell to save my life. Most of the time it's fine - trash mobs aren't a problem and provide some fun tension at times. But then I'll get a pack of blue elites that absolutely melt me in 5 seconds flat, and there isn't shit I can do about. I would say yellow elites are easier, since they don't come in packs.

Anyways, it's aggravating beyond belief, so I've just gone to leveling my alts. I'll save Hell for when I group with friends.

Rufus

I can't solo Hell to save my life. Most of the time it's fine - trash mobs aren't a problem and provide some fun tension at times. But then I'll get a pack of blue elites that absolutely melt me in 5 seconds flat, and there isn't shit I can do about. I would say yellow elites are easier, since they don't come in packs.

Anyways, it's aggravating beyond belief, so I've just gone to leveling my alts. I'll save Hell for when I group with friends.
I find myself running away a lot, too, now that I am in Hell 1.
As for elites being easier, wait till you run into one with horde.

I'm trying to make it work with a vision quest build, but even having the gargantuan and templar is not enough to keep attention off of me.

How does the Witch Doctor fare in hell/inferno so far? I'm struggling to pick between my monk and WD, both at level 30 :<

Trying to level up two classes at the same time is too slow!

I'm playing WD and I'm about at the end of Act II Hell and I have to say that its a breeze solo. Yea I may die a few times but that is because my build is built for almost pure damage. I don't even use summons to tank for me or confusion so there is plenty of room in my build to tank up and play safe once stuff gets harder.

rozay

Banned
So guys how long until zombie bears get nerfed?

I didn't have any real trouble soloing hell with a WD after finding a decent weapon at a merchant, but diablo was pretty hard for me. Inferno is stupid though.

So guys how long until zombie bears get nerfed?

I didn't have any real trouble soloing hell with a WD after finding a decent weapon at a merchant, but diablo was pretty hard for me. Inferno is stupid though.

Probably never. I mean the only alternatives are darts and bats.

JoeMartin

Disappointed by the total lack of any playtesting that went into Inferno. Disappointed with the total reliance on the AH for any meaningful gear which allows progression, and even more by how enormously RNG dictates the worth of drop (and how it renders legendaries and all but the most fantastic alignment of stars on rares useless). A creative take on skills, but again, so many skills/runes are useless/overshadowed completely, and in the end shoehorns classes into even less options for gameplay once in Inferno as so little is actually viable due to gear restrictions.

Diablo 3, especially after playing Median XL - a fantastic D2 mod, set the bar extremely high for gear customization and progession - has been very disappointing, and I doubt I'll be dumping much more time into it before a lot of changes happen.

I'm playing WD and I'm about at the end of Act II Hell and I have to say that its a breeze solo. Yea I may die a few times but that is because my build is built for almost pure damage. I don't even use summons to tank for me or confusion so there is plenty of room in my build to tank up and play safe once stuff gets harder.

What's your build?

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
1-60 was one of the best games I've played in years.

60+ is one of the worst games I've played in years.

Fuck Inferno. Seriously fuck it. Total bullshit mode.

Disappointed by the total lack of any playtesting that went into Inferno. Disappointed with the total reliance on the AH for any meaningful gear which allows progression, and even more by how enormously RNG dictates the worth of drop (and how it renders legendaries and all but the most fantastic alignment of stars on rares useless). A creative take on skills, but again, so many skills/runes are useless/overshadowed completely, and in the end shoehorns classes into even less options for gameplay once in Inferno as so little is actually viable due to gear restrictions.

Diablo 3, especially after playing Median XL - a fantastic D2 mod, set the bar extremely high for gear customization and progession - has been very disappointing, and I doubt I'll be dumping much more time into it before a lot of changes happen.
Oh Inferno...why do you do me like that? =/

There we go~

It's like a progression of awesome. Baba is eeew. Monk is pretty legit. Wizard though? WAIIIFUUUUUUUUU. <3

Thanks for those. Now I'm definitely leaning towards a Wizard over a Demon Hunter for my second character.

Look at dat witch doctor glory. Those tentacles even move! Screw wizard and DH and roll WD!

that shit is WAYYYYYYYYYY too expensive

It's not even that appealing as is. For plans that are found from mobs you unlock 4 random properties. Those can only become primary stat, vit, all resist and then one extra stat. So for a chest and pants with amazing stats you'd only get 1 socket max. For gloves and boots it's even more limited because you want IAS and IMS respectively.

Yoshichan

Yeah I leveled my blacksmith to level 10 today and I got a good laugh out of it.
It's like a progression of awesome. Baba is eeew. Monk is pretty legit. Wizard though? WAIIIFUUUUUUUUU. <3

Thanks for those. Now I'm definitely leaning towards a Wizard over a Demon Hunter for my second character.
Haha thanks man! &#9829;

theta11

I'm increasingly convinced that Blizzard intends for us to use the blacksmith to make gear for Inferno progression.

I think they said the best gear will be a mix of crafted and rares but I don't think many people have access to the recipes and the high cost of crafting is a turn off to alot of people. I've only got 2 recipes myself. And it costs like 20 of the white items and 3 of the rare items and 50k+ gold per attempt plus there's no guarantee you'll get something good. I think it would be alot more lucrative if you have a group of friends to feed you mats and then you share the returns with them. But I can't do that :(

foreveralone.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom