• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT3| Turn On Elective Mode, Get an Authenticator

Status
Not open for further replies.

Piggus

Can someone explain what an authenticator is used for? I have a Diablo III edition Battlenet authenticator from BlizzCon 2011. Need to decide if it's worth using or worth selling. :p

Any time I get to a "fuck inferno" point I just go play one of my other classes. I pretty much played a wizard/dh/barb at the same time even though the DH was my main.

Cipherr

I'm increasingly convinced that Blizzard intends for us to use the blacksmith to make gear for Inferno progression.

If that was their goal, its stupid. Making gear is completely RNG, and its RNG at 50k a pop. It would have been fine had the max cost for making an item been the materials and 5k. But noone wants to drop 50k a try for an item that might RNG and be worthless.

They fucked up on that big time. Eviscerate the cost for blacksmithing and more people would salvage and try to make items. Make the BS made items Bind on Account once equipped and make the gear cost a fuckload of materials. Then all of a sudden those of us farming Act 1 and Act 2 of Inferno have a way to gear up for Act 3 and 4.

50k and mats for armor, 90k and mats for weps.

Not so bad.

Sure it is. I have millions and millions of gold, and Ill pay 500k for a pair of gloves on the AH that I know has the stats I need before I hope that 10 attempts will make me a RNG Blacksmith item that I need.

theta11

I will throw in another "fuck Inferno" in the round.

Back to farming Gold for the AH!

I think this is one of the major problems with Inferno. Farming gear for yourself is borderline pointless, you end up having to farm gold to buy what you need, maybe you find something nice you cover the cost but then if it doesn't sell you are kinda stuck with it up on the auction house for 2 days. lol

Epix

Why isn't the inventory smart enough to arrange single square items so i can maximize how much i can carry automatically?

EU servers are the worst they've ever been for me tonight. Getting 10 sec lag freezes every couple of minutes and getting disconnected lots. Just horrible.

Dahbomb

Just cleared Act 1 in Hell. Game is still fun and not TOO difficult but I can definitely see more and more skills being rendered useless against the Elite/Champion mobs. Normal enemies and bosses haven't proved to be much of a challenge and I don't see that changing. As a range class, worse things to deal with are Waller (this is basically luck, you might even get a wall that is favorable to you), Vortex, Teleport and Fast affixes. Fast basically means you can't kite them effectively and you NEED someone to tank for you. Vortex can be avoided if you are very far from them but it's hard to keep them at full range away.

Stuns/Snares basically don't work anymore... stuns might as well be a mini-stun and it might be me but the percentage of proc on a stun is greatly lowered in higher difficulties.

My Vit is pretty low and I get 2-3 shotted by most things in the game. Which means I play extra lame against everything and snipe from the max distance possible. As soon as someone gets range I immediately turn on SS and run away. Once a melee opponent has locked you into an attack... you cannot make them whiff it even if you are like 20 yards away. This makes those melee opponents which suddenly appear out of nowhere extremely dangerous. Thank god for SS and because that move is getting so much use I have finally succumbed to using Prep as well. Had to drop my Rain of Vengeance for it...

The Critical passive that I recently unlocked is buff as hell.

If that was their goal, its stupid.

Blizzard's goal wasn't to force players to use Blacksmith to get gear for Inferno. Blizzard's goal was to force players to use the RMAH to get fear for Inferno, and once it launches, they will have succeeded big time.

Sad but true.

Can someone explain what an authenticator is used for? I have a Diablo III edition Battlenet authenticator from BlizzCon 2011. Need to decide if it's worth using or worth selling. :p

If you don't use an authenticator, getting hacked is practically inevitable. Just use it.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Why

jdtkJ.png

zlatko

Banned

Look at dat witch doctor glory. Those tentacles even move! Screw wizard and DH and roll WD!

It's not even that appealing as is. For plans that are found from mobs you unlock 4 random properties. Those can only become primary stat, vit, all resist and then one extra stat. So for a chest and pants with amazing stats you'd only get 1 socket max. For gloves and boots it's even more limited because you want IAS and IMS respectively.

Your WD is the only WD I've seen that is dead sexy. I just didn't like playing it in beta though. :(

Darkkn

At act III on normal and i have to say, i'm pretty disinterested and just going thru the motions at the moment. The game is just way, way too easy. No effort is needed to completely destroy everything that comes close to you. It's like playing epic version of Peggle.
It's hard to care about the story when i'm just running thru the areas very quickly, destroying everything with no sense of threat. Bosses are a joke.

Sure, there are harder difficulty levels, but i need to play 10-15 hours of pretty boring game to get there. That is a massive flaw in the game imo.

Cipherr

Blizzard's goal wasn't to force players to use Blacksmith to get gear for Inferno. Blizzard's goal was to force players to use the RMAH to get fear for Inferno, and once it launches, they will have succeeded big time.

Sad but true.

I'm going to be furious if they launch the RMAH before doing something about reasonable non 'pay-to-win' progression man. I was more ok with things a few days ago. But after over 13 hours of pure Inferno farming of Act 1 and 2, Im realizing that the item level drops needed for late Act 2 and further flat out do not exist in Act 1 and 2 of inferno. Countless rare and blue drops all in level ranged 57-60 and none of them on the upper echelon of item level for level 60. The loot is all out of whack.

You really do need Act IV drops to survive Act II.

zlatko

Banned
At act III on normal and i have to say, i'm pretty disinterested and just going thru the motions at the moment. The game is just way, way too easy. No effort is needed to completely destroy everything that comes close to you. It's like playing epic version of Peggle.
It's hard to care about the story when i'm just running thru the areas very quickly, destroying everything with no sense of threat. Bosses are a joke.

Sure, there are harder difficulty levels, but i need to play 10-15 hours of pretty boring game to get there. That is a massive flaw in the game imo.

Shoulda made a hardcore character then, or play your character naked on co-op.

I felt the same. Now i curse the games cheating bullshit-ness on a minute-ly basis.

Fancy some "Teleporting Nightmare Frost Invincible Minions".... why yes game. My Wizard does love repairing his gear every few minutes.

zlatko

Banned
I'm not going to change my playstyle to compensate for a shitty design.

xD

I was being sarcastic. I face rolled through normal too but I enjoyed the story myself, and the bits of lore throughout the game with journals and such.

You'll be sad to hear that nightmare isn't hard either. I died a few times, but it was just a matter of hustling through it. About to start Hell though today where the 'real' challenges start, so hopefully I get pooped on.

Really though it's been the perfect game for me and my schedule these days. Easy to pick up and make progress with, and I can enjoy with friends too.

Maybe co-op would make the game funner for you?

Cipherr

I'm not going to change my playstyle to compensate for a shitty design.

Well, I mean...... we hear you... We all played through the same game. We know as well as you do how easy Normal is. But the difficulty is there, you just haven't gotten to it yet. And yes, you do have to play through 10 or so hours of Normal to get to it. Thats the game, sorry but nothing can really change that right now. But if you care for a challenge, keep playing, you will get it, and some.

Ferrio

Banned
If Blizzard set out to make a mode that recreates the bullshit "difficulty" of NES games...t hey've done it.

Why thank you, I love dying in 1 hit from something offscreen I didn't even know was there since the game is zoomed in so much.

JoeMartin

Assuming he keeps his gear in check with the AH as he goes, the difficulty will actually stay on cruise control for about the first 40 hours, then ram straight into the jagged cliff face of asinine that is Inferno.

Sothpaw

Assuming he keeps his gear in check with the AH as he goes, the difficulty will actually stay on cruise control for about the first 40 hours, then ram straight into the jagged cliff face of asinine that is Inferno.

Hell was a pretty great balance of challenge and fun for me. I didn't use the AH at all though.

Zyzyxxz

Just found a rare shield that gives over 600 armor, +26 to all physical resistance, +27 to all elemental resistance, increase chance to block by 6%, and increase chance to crit by 5%.

Only found 4 similar shields so I priced it in the middle, 250K... is that a good buyout?

zlatko

Banned
What's a good build, or stats to have, when starting Act 1 on Hell as a Monk?

Also, if I start a second character, what's a good way to pimp it out gear wise for level 1? I mean I could go farm some shit on normal with my 50 Monk sure, but wouldn't it be faster to just start going through it as my new class, then buy some shit off AH at level 10+?

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Just found a rare shield that gives over 600 armor, +26 to all physical resistance, +27 to all elemental resistance, increase chance to block by 6%, and increase chance to crit by 5%.

Only found 4 similar shields so I priced it in the middle, 250K... is that a good buyout?
Good roll on a lower level item. 600 armor is a bit low and you can find shields with +46 res all.
I'm undercutting AH prices by 40% to actually sell things and keep things going.

Expand your search to 40 res all and crit and see prices.

Also, if I start a second character, what's a good way to pimp it out gear wise for level 1? I mean I could go farm some shit on normal with my 50 Monk sure, but wouldn't it be faster to just start going through it as my new class, then buy some shit off AH at level 10+?
Good chunk of HP, some res all, dex, IAS, Crit

Buy some wep off the AH, then get to 15 and buy a ton of socketed crap off the AH for like 5k a pop

So does this happen to anyone else. You're in the middle of getting gangbanged by like 30 different monsters and you try to get your character to move out of it but you always end up targeting a monster because there is just no where to click...so annoying

Do you even need to farm gear for a new character maybe get 20k for it to start of in act 1 and 2. Nightmare is also easy hell is where the fun and difficulty begins.

Just finished my first playthrough and then immediately started up nightmare. So much fun as a Demon Hunter, but now I'm torn as to start another class or push on through nightmare.

Killzig

not exactly the best item ever, but how much would those be worth you think?

0abCV.jpg

I can't believe that has a level 60 requirement. The level requirements on the gear in this game are just infuriating. Most of the stuff is beyond useless by the time you get to the level you can use it.

inky

Yoshi, or other barbs, can you post your build for Inferno? I'm getting my ass handed to me.

What act? I just finished Act I without too many problems, but from what I have read Act II throws your build out of the window.

The problem with Barb is that Resistances + Vitality is a must, and finding gear that also has strength on top of that is pretty hard. So it ends up being the case that you give up your DPS in order to live so unless you buy top tier stuff you become weaker and weaker as you progress, unlike the ranged classes.

SnakeXs

about the same metal capacity as a cucumber
So does this happen to anyone else. You're in the middle of getting gangbanged by like 30 different monsters and you try to get your character to move out of it but you always end up targeting a monster because there is just no where to click...so annoying

There's a keybind for that.

Violet_0

Banned
I can't believe that has a level 60 requirement. The level requirements on the gear in this game are just infuriating. Most of the stuff is beyond useless by the time you get to the level you can use it.

so what you say is "not much", ha

thought that the stats bonus is not too shabby (with gems), but apparently not

Number45

Are people typically favouring items with a buyout when selling? I've been dipping my toes (only in NM at the moment) but I'm finding it hard to shift anything, I've pretty much vendored everything since I decided to stop with levelling crafting (for now).

I thought I'd put items in with a relatively low starting price (still more than I'd get vendoring them) but of course then I'm tied up for two days. :/

zlatko

Banned

No. My middle click/scroll wheel is set to just move. So when I need to JUST move I hit that. A GAFfer in OT2 brought up that, some good ways to macro your keyboard, elective mode, and a ton of other shit. The post was god like information. <3

@Everyone who brought up tips on equip/gear/starting a new character; thanks.

I'd also like to ask what IAS is short for. Sorry. :(

Goddamn it ...
I just got hacked. All my gear and items gone. Logged back to find a completely naked monk. I didn't get an authenticator so looks like I gotta get one now. I submitted a ticket but if I dont get my stuff back, I am done with this game.

One good thing is that they are unable to take my staff of herding. I spent most of my money crafting that staff so it wasnt a complete loss.

zlatko

Banned

Those pants would be great for me at my level 50 Monk actually. They add maybe like an extra 80 armor from my current pair, but have roughly the same stats and socket slots.

Damn shame. :(

Deadly

I farm that small quest mob in act4 all day get nothing. My friend decides to join on my game and gets a pair of pants that gives +100int +100vit and has a socket. Fucking mad.

LordCanti

Belial
on Inferno...Aha...Ahah...AHAHAHAHAH. Nope. Not going to happen.

not exactly the best item ever, but how much would those be worth you think?

0abCV.jpg

The part of me that wants to buy them from you says 10k at best. The part of me that is honest says a couple hundred thousand maybe. Check the AH for similar stat items/how much they're going for.

inky

The problem is that without resists most would find it pretty useless,a s those are core in inferno builds. I would sell it for 100k-150k or so, but that's just me. A couple of good dex gems in there would make them pretty decent overall for a DH I gather.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom