• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT3| Turn On Elective Mode, Get an Authenticator

Status
Not open for further replies.

Instro

Goddamn it ...
I just got hacked. All my gear and items gone. Logged back to find a completely naked monk. I didn't get an authenticator so looks like I gotta get one now. I submitted a ticket but if I dont get my stuff back, I am done with this game.

One good thing is that they are unable to take my staff of herding. I spent most of my money crafting that staff so it wasnt a complete loss.

They'll do a rollback for you, but its going to take a while. I still haven't gotten mine, and its been well over 12 hours since they asked me to confirm the rollback.

JoeMartin

I'm at the Oasis and I've realized that unless I spend a shit ton of time farming in Act 1, I'm never gonna get any further. I have to buy completely new gear (higher INT/IAS/Resist) which would easily cost me millions that I just don't have.

It's okay just wait for the RMAH to launch so you can give Blizzard more money so your character's stats can compensate for a lack of thoughtful difficultly, challenge and game design.

LordCanti

I'm at the Oasis and I've realized that unless I spend a shit ton of time farming in Act 1, I'm never gonna get any further. I have to buy completely new gear (higher INT/IAS/Resist) which would easily cost me millions that I just don't have. I'm so sick of Act 1, of all the same shitty areas, all the same shitty enemies, all those damn mobs and the occasional bullshit mob.

Almost nothing of any use drops in A1 Inferno. A2 isn't much better. The AH has pretty much made A3-A4 inferno the only worthwhile farming spots.

On that note...I would greatly appreciate someone letting me get an A4 Inferno checkpoint :p on NA servers. ;_;

Fuck Belial

RkOwnage

From Bashiok on the Diablo 3 General Forums:

"The amount of people who have even unlocked Inferno is so infinitesimally small, and the number of people who are attempting content beyond what their gear/skill allows, means we don't really have a ton of data to look at yet. Plus the item economy at the higher levels is extremely limited just because the number of people able to progress is even smaller. People tend to underestimate gear value, or want difficulty progression to be a linear curve. Not everyone enjoys the steep difficulty incline and need to take a step back on improving their characters, builds, technique, etc. But it certainly is a case of overcoming difficulty through skills and gear as there are cases of all classes continuing to clear Inferno post-nerfs.

Anyway, we'll have an article up on the front page on Monday that gives a couple fun stats, and goes into explaining a few of the things we're working on and maybe some rough time frames.

I think we're about to see the busiest weekend for the game yet, with the most amount of people online and enjoying the game together. We're looking forward to a bright future for the game for years to come. We're in it for the long haul."

I particularly enjoyed the one about the items on the AH being under valued, oh look, a blue wand doing 900 dps selling for 15,000,000...definitely undervalued.

Violet_0

Banned
Almost nothing of any use drops in A1 Inferno. A2 isn't much better. The AH has pretty much made A3-A4 inferno the only worthwhile farming spots.

the real problem with the current loot system is that all the good level-appropriate items drop an act or two later when you don't actually need anymore. And since there aren't any more level requirements past lvl 60, everyone wants the best items available, which usually only drop in act 3 and 4 inferno, which can only be farmed by wizards and DHs and maybe WDs. Blizzard fucked up big time there.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
From Bashiok on the Diablo 3 General Forums:

But it certainly is a case of overcoming difficulty through skills and gear as there are cases of all classes continuing to clear Inferno post-nerfs.

I particularly enjoyed the one about the items on the AH being under valued, oh look, a blue wand doing 900 dps selling for 15,000,000...definitely undervalued.
That's not too bad though. 900 for a 1h is very very high and Wizards can get a 100-400 damage offhand.

My hope is when I reach Inferno they will have remedied it somehow. Otherwise I'll just roll my second class.

Take your time. Blizzard isn't exactly known for speedy and efficient reactions to problems.

Personally I am taking it as slowly as possible, and spending lots of time with alts.

Kinitari

Black Canada Mafia
Bah, I feel like Inferno is slowly breaking my spirit. I end up just farming the same area (the tombs all the way up to skel king) and hope for the best with gear. About 85% of the yellows I get aren't even sellable. About 1/3rd of the blue mobs I fight are actually unkillable for me (I just fought fire chains, molten, desecrate and plague - soul breaking).

I haven't actually gotten any gear worth wearing for myself in an extremely long time, everything worth anything goes up on the AH - and at most I get like...70kg. I don't even know how to gear myself any better to survive in inferno more often, and I'm really not making any decent cash. I'm up to 550kg, and I've bought all the affordable resist gear I can (now I have 320 resist across the board), so I guess I just have to grind it out until I have like... 3 or 4 million, and get a good legendary fist weapon or something. Current stats

34k HP
8.7k DPS
5181 armor (self buffed)
41% dodge (Self buffed)
14% block

offhanding a shield and using as many defensive skills as possible as a monk. Can anyone give me any... I guess what I am looking for is encouragement

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Demon Hunter.
You can SS every single attack.

Stack Disc items (1h, quiver, cloak) and get your DPS up to 25000 at least.
Bah, I feel like Inferno is slowly breaking my spirit. I end up just farming the same area (the tombs all the way up to skel king) and hope for the best with gear. About 85% of the yellows I get aren't even sellable. About 1/3rd of the blue mobs I fight are actually unkillable for me (I just fought fire chains, molten, desecrate and plague - soul breaking).

I haven't actually gotten any gear worth wearing for myself in an extremely long time, everything worth anything goes up on the AH - and at most I get like...70kg. I don't even know how to gear myself any better to survive in inferno more often, and I'm really not making any decent cash. I'm up to 550kg, and I've bought all the affordable resist gear I can (now I have 320 resist across the board), so I guess I just have to grind it out until I have like... 3 or 4 million, and get a good legendary fist weapon or something. Current stats

34k HP
8.7k DPS
5181 armor (self buffed)
41% dodge (Self buffed)
14% block

offhanding a shield and using as many defensive skills as possible as a monk. Can anyone give me any... I guess what I am looking for is encouragement
More attack speed and crit if you are doing that sort of build. Otherwise more IAS is always good. You need to drop a good 10mil on gear if you want to get better on act II imo.
Life per spirit spend I'm seeing as something I need also on 2 if not 3 items.

I have 430 resist all and I need more.

zlatko

Banned
Take your time. Blizzard isn't exactly known for speedy and efficient reactions to problems.

Personally I am taking it as slowly as possible, and spending lots of time with alts.

My schedule only allows me to go at a crawl. Last night was the first time with the game I got to go straight neckbeard/poop sock with it. Came home around 12:30, went to bed at 2AM. Beat all of nightmare in one sitting. :D

LordCanti

You can SS every single attack.

Stack Disc items (1h, quiver, cloak) and get your DPS up to 25000 at least.

My DPS is over 20 regular (I forget the exact number) and over 30 on crit. Even getting to the end of the fight is nearly impossible, because the templar goes down in two seconds leaving me to fend off a horde of guys that won't stay visible long enough to be killed.

I have +disc gear on in any case =/

Kinitari

Black Canada Mafia

I'd go as far as to agree that tons of items are undervalued, I can get fully midrange geared out for like... what, 200k? But as soon as you try getting anything particularly good the price steeeeply goes up. My weapon does 550dps. It cost me 40kg. to get a weapon that does 650dps with decent (not even great) stats, would cost me 400-1mil.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
My DPS is over 20 regular (I forget the exact number) and over 30 on crit. Even getting to the end of the fight is nearly impossible, because the templar goes down in two seconds leaving me to fend off a horde of guys that won't stay visible long enough to be killed.

I have +disc gear on in any case =/
More DPS. Traps + Slow for adds.

You have no right to complain as DH. NONE.
I don't have enough bag space for these rares god dammit

WHY IS THERE SUCH SMALL BAG SPACE
None of your rares are good, sell them to the NPC.

I pickup things that are 'ok' then just sell them because I stop being attached to them.

zlatko

Banned

34k HP
8.7k DPS
5181 armor (self buffed)
41% dodge (Self buffed)
14% block

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_58-XYXuJMs&feature=relmfu

Listen to this while you play. No grind you can't overcome by facing yourself!

Junie12

My schedule only allows me to go at a crawl. Last night was the first time with the game I got to go straight neckbeard/poop sock with it. Came home around 12:30, went to bed at 2AM. Beat all of nightmare in one sitting. :D

You already beat NM? Damn I've been slacking too much with this game T_T

Still haven't beaten Nightmare ;_;

Oh well, I'm in no rush finishing it now that I know the horrors of Inferno, I'm gonna take my sweet ass time with this game!

No, no! That's not crawling! You're doing it all wrong!

Before you know it you're gonna be bashing your head against the keyboard with all the rest of these poor bastards.

Kinitari

Black Canada Mafia
More attack speed and crit if you are doing that sort of build. Otherwise more IAS is always good. You need to drop a good 10mil on gear if you want to get better on act II imo.
Life per spirit spend I'm seeing as something I need also on 2 if not 3 items.

I have 430 resist all and I need more.

I was JUST looking at attack speed and crit. Generally something you see on gloves.

To get gloves that have both attack speed and crit, I'm going to have to drop a mil. I guess I need to save up a lot.

But I feel like first I should get a weapon with decent dps. 700-800 at least. I just wish I knew what to give up for that bump.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
I was JUST looking at attack speed and crit. Generally something you see on gloves.

To get gloves that have both attack speed and crit, I'm going to have to drop a mil. I guess I need to save up a lot.

But I feel like first I should get a weapon with decent dps. 700-800 at least. I just wish I knew what to give up for that bump.
Get it on a dagger if possible, then sword, then fist wep.

750dps 1h are not cheap with IAS. I've got a 750dps dagger with 24% attack speed boost and it keeps me fucking ALIVE.
You can't see my rares.
Off to the AH with you!

Violet_0

Banned
They're a couple hundred thousand at minimum. They're actually pretty decent.

turns out someone was willing to pay 350k gold for them, which makes this my second-highest selling item (best was one 1 mil for a crappy set item which in hindsight I should have sold without a buyout option), yay. Got over 3 million gold now, which is probably laughable compared to what those act 4 inferno farmers make

theta11

34k HP
8.7k DPS
5181 armor (self buffed)
41% dodge (Self buffed)
14% block

You actually had more stats than I did when I did Skelly King. I had about 29k HP. What are your other stats looking like right now?

Wallach

More DPS. Traps + Slow for adds.

You have no right to complain as DH. NONE.

This fight is by far the hardest one for a DH. Mainly due to disc constraints in the first two phases. You'll have a lot (a lot) of wasted attempts no matter what your DPS is.

windz

Managed to work my way thru Act 2 Inferno last night and threw myself at Belial a bunch of times and got my ass handed to me hard. Got him to p3 once and like 80% health. After spending all my cash on some resist/vit/int gear I managed to kill him today after a bunch of attempts. I killed him solo for those wondering. Once I tweaked my build a bit and sacrificed a lot of dps for survivability things went a lot smoother/saw p3 consistently.

I play a Wizard, stats on the kill as follows:

22k dps
31k hp
301 phys resist (50%)
390 poison resist (57%)
Damage Reduction: 61%
AC: 4723

Skills: Hydra(Venom), Blizzard(Snowbound), Mirror Image(Duplicates), Diamond Skin(Crystal Shell), Energy Armor(Force Armor), Magic Weapon(Force Weapon)
Passives: Blur, Illusionist, Galvanizing Ward

I know not the best stats compared to what I've seen some people do him with, but man what an intense fight lol.

All I can say is: I LOVE YOU MIRROR IMAGES. And sacrificing survivability for damage (I do 35k in my ideal dps gear) was worth it. Really helped a lot.

belialdead.jpg

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
That's the thing. Stupid AH is limited to 10 auctions at a time. I'd love to throw them all on the AH overnight. :(
I've been undercutting. If stuff doesn't sell the value is going to crap in 48h anyway.
This fight is by far the hardest one for a DH. Mainly due to disc constraints in the first two phases. You'll have a lot (a lot) of wasted attempts no matter what your DPS is.
But you can do it.
I probably could also, just need a few more mil in gear.

LordCanti

Anyone have similar gloves to these (except +dex instead of +int) that they'd like to trade in NA?

aKXJM.png

Worth a shot. I'd hate to waste an AH slot trying to sell them if I could just trade.

Pretty much =/

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Anyone have similar gloves to these (except +dex instead of +int) that they'd like to trade in NA?

aKXJM.png

Worth a shot. I'd hate to waste an AH slot trying to sell them if I could just trade.

Pretty much =/
That's NPC fodder imo.

14/15IAS and primary stat gloves should be super common on the AH

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
What are you playing in this game anyway?
Monk.
I'd show you my stats but the game won't start for me.

8500dps
43k hp
58% dmg reduc (armor)
54% resist (430)
2.92 Atk spd
21.5% crit

Damage is low but workable due to spirit I generate.

I still need good rings/ammy/chest/pants/helm

LordCanti

That's NPC fodder imo.

14/15IAS and primary stat gloves should be super common on the AH

They generally go around 20-40k. I figured I'd save myself the trouble of flipping the old gloves and just trade.

Probably not going to happen though. It was a pretty specific trade request for sure.

The only reason I have any gold at all right now is because I don't buy things on the AH (unless they are dirt cheap). I've done pretty well without.

Monk.
I'd show you my stats but the game won't start for me.

8500dps
43k hp
58% dmg reduc (armor)
54% resist (430)
2.92 Atk spd
21.5% crit

Damage is low but workable due to spirit I generate.

I still need good rings/ammy/chest/pants/helm

What does the error code signify? Have you checked? I was hoping to mooch a checkpoint off you later ;_;

(Thanks for the armor BTW)

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
Finally beat the game and starting my run on Nightmare. As a Barbarian, what stats should I be looking for?

inky

Finally beat the game and starting my run on Nightmare. As a Barbarian, what stats should I be looking for?

Strength and vitality. That's about it.

Yea, Act II inferno is not happening anytime soon. I basically need new everything, so not going to bother. Time to make new chars I think.

Won

Ah, that second Belial phase is sooo annoying. And I know a better weapon will turn this whole thing into a non-issue. :(

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Well, back to Butcher runs :3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom