• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT3| Turn On Elective Mode, Get an Authenticator

Status
Not open for further replies.
Disappointed by the total lack of any playtesting that went into Inferno. Disappointed with the total reliance on the AH for any meaningful gear which allows progression, and even more by how enormously RNG dictates the worth of drop (and how it renders legendaries and all but the most fantastic alignment of stars on rares useless). A creative take on skills, but again, so many skills/runes are useless/overshadowed completely, and in the end shoehorns classes into even less options for gameplay once in Inferno as so little is actually viable due to gear restrictions.

Diablo 3, especially after playing Median XL - a fantastic D2 mod, set the bar extremely high for gear customization and progession - has been very disappointing, and I doubt I'll be dumping much more time into it before a lot of changes happen.

This is basically how I feel, I just hope after this beta test the expansion can clean everything up.

Ultrabum

I had plans: exalted dread shield drop in inferno act 1 off normal elites, think they are worth anything?

I think its a commodity on ah, so no idea on the price.

SyNapSe

into hell on my WD. act 1 is so easy that it's bizarre each time you jump to another difficulty level. It's still easier than what you were dealing with

Wedge7

I'm terrible with this auction house stuff, and selling items. Found a random weapon, was going to price it around 300k, I think, but I dont know how much "Increase attack speed" value adds, and how much I should thus price.

Any suggestions on what I should sell it for.

eapon.png

I'm terrible with this auction house stuff, and selling items. Found a random weapon, was going to price it around 300k, I think, but I dont know how much "Increase attack speed" value adds, and how much I should thus price.

eapon.png
There needs to be a separate thread for this kind of question.

BigDug13

Am I wrong in remembering gear in D2 that actually exceeded your level would drop off mobs all the time when fighting? I don't think I have seen gear drops that are higher level than I currently was in this game at all. I remember in D2 getting a drop that I would need to grow into, so I saved it until I reached that level. None of that seems to be necessary here.

The gear is already balanced based on "must be this level to use", so why deny them from dropping? I seem to always get crap 5-10 levels below myself and I know I'm not fighting scrubs because the exp is still flowing so quickly.

Tunic

Just finished up Nightmare last night with my Monk. Just hit Level 51 as well, everyone is right with Normal just feeling like Story Mode/Tutorial Mode. Looking forward to Hell, will give it a go a little later tonight.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim

eapon.png
That's a one hander so at least 75k

RS4-

Lol thought I could farm act 3 Hell with my NV at 5.

Still nothing but lousy rares.

edit - sorry, said inferno earlier

chris-013

So Act1 Inferno done with my DH.

Stats :
35k Hp
15k dps, 28k with ShS
130% mf (+ 10% with templar + 5 stack nephalem valor = 215%)

1 Legendary and 1 set today...

Butcher solo is hard... the chain attack do 28-36k damage. :D

eapon.png

I'll buy it.

LordCanti

If I were to buy Act 3/4 Inferno waypoints, how would that work? I mean, do I get those options under "change quest", or am I stuck in those acts forever if I do it?

The Battle.net Authenticator is available from the Blizzard Store for USD $6.50. Mobile Authenticator and Dial-in Authenticator options are also available.

Is this a fucking joke?

Mobile and dial-in are free and the keyfob is sold pretty much at cost.

DTKT

The Battle.net Authenticator is available from the Blizzard Store for USD $6.50. Mobile Authenticator and Dial-in Authenticator options are also available.

Is this a fucking joke?

The iPhone/iTouch version are free.

There is also a Windows version that is also free.

DTKT

If Blizzard really wanted to prevent hacking, it would be mandatory.

Make it a Windows app or ship it with new copies.

inky

So Act1 Inferno done with my DH.

Stats :
35k Hp
15k dps, 28k with ShS
130% mf (+ 10% with templar + 5 stack nephalem valor = 215%)

1 Legendary and 1 set today...

Butcher solo is hard... the chain attack do 28-36k damage. :D

Really? =( I had 175% and got nothing but shit *sigh*

Nope, this is bullshit.

60 bucks to lose all my items I worked for? (first world problems I know)

Nope, shove my 60 bucks up your ass Blizzard. I hope it feels good.

Well, just beat normal for the first time. It took me 25 hours 8 minutes to beat (lol). I explored absolutely every inch of the world. Ended up at level 32. On to nightmare!

Instro

Is this a fucking joke?

Dail In doesn't work for D3 actually lol. You can get a rollback on your account if you contact their support. Hacking is very rampant right now, a number of us have been hit.

Is this a fucking joke?
The mobile auths are free. There's also a free authentication program for Windows called winauth, it's unofficial but open source.

chris-013

So is there a specific thread to beg for trial keys or is that frowned upon right now?

There is already a topic.

Hum... I just sold a rare for 425k. The auction log is really nice but they really need to add a way to see the item you sold with a popup menu or something.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom