• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT3| Turn On Elective Mode, Get an Authenticator

Status
Not open for further replies.

LordCanti

Which spike trap do you use?

Smokescreen + displacement rune with tactical advantage is still good though. You can run more than a screen away to set up stuffs.

I like Scatter for faster mobs. I'm probably doing it wrong (the lightning one probably ultimately does more damage) but it's worked so far. Much faster than placing three individual traps.

Ramirez

Is the Inferno level Blacksmithing stuff any good? I leveled him up to lvl 10 last night, and it's been a running joke in my group that I'm pissing money away, lol.

Dolemitesooner

Neo Member
I guess I can't imagine how you can be on GAF, and not know. Even if you never play WoW, the news must have passed by your eyes at some point. Blizzard also isn't the only company using authenticators.

I did not know anything about an authenticator until this week. Its easy to not know.

scy

Armor's benefit is still linear, there's no diminishing returns. It's just that resist all stats tend to be more on an item compared to armor.

Like I said, around 60% is when you hit that point where Stat/Armor is about as good as it'll get without really good +Stats/+Armor rolls. +20-30 All Resistances is just easier to get than +200-300 Armor or +200 to a stat.

Edit: Well, I guess "That's what I meant" lol.

Totakeke

Is the Inferno level Blacksmithing stuff any good? I leveled him up to lvl 10 last night, and it's been a running joke in my group that I'm pissing money away, lol.

The problem with that is you need like 500k to start really going into blacksmithing at 60. And that's only if you get lucky. Making one item and getting crap stats is definitely pissing money away.

forrest

formerly nacire
Good lord no.

hwcwY.jpg

My Scoundrel is in Inferno vendor blues with DEX and Attack Speed and has nearly 4k DPS. The +3% Crit helps my Monk survive too :x

Don't get me wrong, I do know they are extremely helpful. I'm just venting as they sometimes get me killed.

Narag

I like Scatter for faster mobs. I'm probably doing it wrong (the lightning one probably ultimately does more damage) but it's worked so far. Much faster than placing three individual traps.

I love scatter especially since they stack in narrow corridors. Makes the champion/elite stuff much more manageable.

scy

Then, for melee, at act 2 you need 900+ resists. I kind of don't get it. I'm at ~700 resists now and I can basically AFK in a group of 10 white enemies on Act 1 but I still get 2 shot in Act 2. They really need to flatten the difficulty gap a lot. Either make Act 1 significantly harder or reduce the difficulty of Act 2.

Don't really know. ~350 Resists on my Monk and Act 1 Inferno is pretty much laughably easy even with pretty low stats (24k HP, 9k DPS). I still haven't tried Act 2, though. Been working alts instead.

Don't get me wrong, I do know they are extremely helpful. I'm just venting as they sometimes get me killed.

"Hey, I know you just pulled 30 things to you at once but you forgot that champion pack so I grabbed it for you!"

No, fuck you Enchantress. What are you doing.

forrest

formerly nacire
Don't really know. ~350 Resists on my Monk and Act 1 Inferno is pretty much laughably easy even with pretty low stats (24k HP, 9k DPS). I still haven't tried Act 2, though. Been working alts instead.

"Hey, I know you just pulled 30 things to you at once but you forgot that champion pack so I grabbed it for you!"

No, fuck you Enchantress. What are you doing.

Good luck sneaking up on goblins too, or maybe that's the fucking bat that attacks them...

purg3

slept with Malkin
getting error code 3006 when trying to redeem an auction I won to my stash, anyone else having AH issues?

The hack scare made me get an authenticator.

I loate it. It's all that's wrong with games nowadays.

Oh well =/

It's eight numbers once a week. I get being annoyed at the principle behind it--that the onus is more and more on the user for security rather than the company--but it's hardly a major hassle in itself.

Raxus

Just a side note since everyone seems to put on vitality over everything else. Vit is a nice stat but nothing will top resistances on the higher difficulties (especially if you play monk) since enemies cut through health like butter.

Petrie

Banned
So those playing the WD and using the poison darts with splinters, I'd like to try it out, what other skills and passives go well with such a build though?

zlatko

Banned
It's always gil. FFXI, best economy ever.

Where everyone is poor as fuck? :D

Man I was the most ghetto mother fucker in that game all the way to 75 with any class. Thank goodness for rare/ex gear that lasted for most of the game though. Shout outs to my main girl Leaping Lizzy and my bro Valkrum Emperor for giving me gear I could wear till AF/60 gear like Optical hat. :D

Shouta

The lowered level requirement stat is so useless but I do find it funny on occasion. I got a Daibo for Monk with a 16 Level reduction. Useless to me but for a 44 Monk, it has 3 Times as much DPS as any other weapon of the level at 450. lol

Wallach

The lowered level requirement stat is so useless but I do find it funny on occasion. I got a Daibo for Monk with a 16 Level reduction. Useless to me but for a 44 Monk, it has 3 Times as much DPS as any other weapon of the level at 450. lol

They actually go for a decent chunk on the AH because they totally stomp everything else in their level range. I have a 45 crossbow that toasty's using right now to slamdance NM with that has like 320 DPS.

scy

Sucks when you get it on something that doesn't need it. I have a -7 on a ~30 Resist All Shoulder. Kind of useless since you don't really need it until Hell/Inferno anyway :/

Rokam

I think it may be useful for hardcore, if you can get a bunch of level 60 items with negative requirements. At least a weapon.

Wait...with your damage, farming Act 1 may be difficult too. You may want to buy a 100,000-200,000 weapon to help expedite your farming up to a million. Something dealing 800-900 dps.

I paid 300k for that weapon. 800-900 dps weapons are like 1mil++. Also how the hell do you get 1mil farming Act I? I had maybe 100k after a full run through.

LordCanti

I paid 300k for that weapon. 800-900 dps weapons are like 1mil++. Also how the hell do you get 1mil farming Act I? I had maybe 100k after a full run through.

800 DPS weapons have gotten cheaper. I guess it depends on the affixes, but I wouldn't expect to pay more than 150 for one at this point.

Okay, I'm sorry.

I didn't know I would have some person come on to my D3 account without proper use of a authenticator which I had no clue even existed.

Ignorance amirite?
Sucks dude.

But serious question- do ppl just like to take blizzard accounts or is their security lax? I don't play mmo games but is this shit as common in other games and if not why not?

zlatko

Banned
Get new weapons. Your DPS is woefully low.

For powers I suggest this build however your mileage may vary on Tempest Rush.

Bought weapons off AH. Each has 154 base, so that's a good start.(I think?)

Did all of this build except the one thing I can't do with mantra of healing.

Tempest Rush though...what am I doing wrong? I feel like it just sucks my spirit dry for no real damage...

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Bought weapons off AH. Each has 154 base, so that's a good start.(I think?)

Did all of this build except the one thing I can't do with mantra of healing.

Tempest Rush though...what am I doing wrong? I feel like it just sucks my spirit dry for no real damage...
You use it to not die.
It moves enemies out of the way so you don't get trapped
You move faster and escape arcane / molten / attacks.

I prefer the 20% dmg debuff and use movement speed on certain bosses.

Sucks dude.

But serious question- do ppl just like to take blizzard accounts or is their security lax? I don't play mmo games but is this shit as common in other games and if not why not?

I know I gave the WoW trial a go about 2 years ago..The email account I used to try it out still gets phishing emails a few times a month.

Basic "click this link your ID/PW might have been compromised"...yeah, not gonna do that.

jersoc

damnit, bought something from the AH and it hasn't shown up yet :|

hope the game didn't eat it because it was a pretty good OH for the small amount i paid. only 20k, but i wanted the item.

edit:fuck, I guess AH is borked, again :( bought another item not showing. I give up til blizzard takes it down for 3 hours again.

alright, up to 1.6 million.

Should I buy one of:

1.) the magic 1250dps weapons + 30%-50% damage

2.) the magic 1250dps + 10%-20% attack speed

3.) sit back and hope a decent Rare with similar dps pops up that hs both damage and as?

I paid 300k for that weapon. 800-900 dps weapons are like 1mil++.
you're looking at 1h weapons. look for 2h weapons. or a combination of 1h + source that can add 250-300 damage, I guess. (I haven't used 1h weapon combinations in a week, so I can't remember how they work)

Also how the hell do you get 1mil farming Act I? I had maybe 100k after a full run through.
is that because you were dying and repairing your armor? with Nephalem Valor, you should get a fairly decent amount of income along the way. If you're struggling to stay alive in Act I, Inferno, drop back to Hell and farm open areas for awhile. Eventually you'll get some items you can sell for a good profit as well.

colinp

Banned
damnit, bought something from the AH and it hasn't shown up yet :|

hope the game didn't eat it because it was a pretty good OH for the small amount i paid. only 20k, but i wanted the item.

edit:fuck, I guess AH is borked, again :( bought another item not showing. I give up til blizzard takes it down for 3 hours again.

Hah, woops, I bought a bunch of items, too. They show up in the completed list with order id's so maybe I can still get them eventually...?

zlatko

Banned
alright, up to 1.6 million.

Should I buy one of:

1.) the magic 1250dps weapons + 30%-50% damage

2.) the magic 1250dps + 10%-20% attack speed

3.) sit back and hope a decent Rare with similar dps pops up that hs both damage and as?

I'd play the waiting game. If you want the perfect weapon, then you need to just be patient for now. Otherwise, I'd go for the first one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom