• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT3| Turn On Elective Mode, Get an Authenticator

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd play the waiting game. If you want the perfect weapon, then you need to just be patient for now. Otherwise, I'd go for the first one.

I'll wait for a little while then. I just get tired of F5'ing the AH. it feels so cheesy. Seeing a lot of blue 1200+ dps weapons going up for around 1 mill, so they're becoming a bit more common than they were a few days ago. that's cool.

RDreamer

They really need to fix the auction house invisibility bug. It's just killing me. I've got almost no gold left because I needed to buy some things and all my auctions that had just gone up were made invisible literally right afterwards...

purg3

slept with Malkin
Does it sometimes take a bit for your AH items to be delivered? When should I start to worry?

also having AH issues, one item showed up but can't move it to my stash. Second item took my gold but hasn't shown up in my completed tab to move...

Hero

Fucking AH is withholding money from me and of course it has to be on a 200k gold auction I sold. I'm hoping the AH is just slow but I opened up a ticket just in case.

Just beat Belial on Inferno with my 3 friends. I tanked as a monk. I stood in his face. it was wonderful.

Got these pants as loot. Anyone want to make some offers or tell me what they're worth? they look pretty damn slick.

3kIkJ.png

LordCanti

Just beat Belial on Inferno with my 3 friends. I tanked as a monk. I stood in his face. it was wonderful.

Got these pants as loot. Anyone want to make some offers or tell me what they're worth? they look pretty damn slick.

3kIkJ.png

Want to tank him a second time? :p You know you want to ;_;

Those pants are worth quite a bit. Over a million I'd guess, but you need to check the AH to be sure.

and all this trouble before the RMAH goes live. i wouldn't be surprised if that gets delayed again.

It's been delayed, or at least the expected date changed from the end of May to the middle of June.

chris-013

What the fuck! I can't even clear A1 Inferno with my DH, who's sitting at 45k DPS and 40k Health..

what should my skills be? Atm I have : http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/demon-hunter#aRYVXT!ZTe!acZbZZ

45k dps and 40 Hp and you can clear A1 ? Are you kidding me ? I destroy everything with ~20k dps and 35k HP.

Use frost arrow or dual chakram.
Hungering with shatter.

Caltrops is a good choice but I prefer tumble vault.

Thrill of the hunt can be interesting never used it in inferno but I will try it... You can use tactical advantage to get away or steady aim for dps but you already have enough imo.

RDreamer

It's the buggiest, most POS part of this game for sure. It crashes all the time.

It's really crazy just how awful it is. I have no idea how they're going to turn it around in time to try and sell things for real money. If it's even half as shitty as the AH is now, that's going to be a meltdown waiting to happen.

It's really crazy just how awful it is. I have no idea how they're going to turn it around in time to try and sell things for real money. If it's even half as shitty as the AH is now, that's going to be a meltdown waiting to happen.
The answer to that is easy, they won't turn on real money until then.

Hero

Do you open tickets in game or on the web?

You click customer support in the Esc menu and it'll take your web browser to a page where you can log in your battle.net ID and submit a ticket.

How the hell do you have 45k health as a DM on Inferno? I'm gearing for all resist and I'm at 25k with 15k dps right now and not really having a hard time in Act 1 at all.

Edit:

There's something definitely wrong with the AH, just sold another item and this time the gold isn't even showing up in the left hand tab to even send to my stash anymore. Just bought a decent ring too to flip and it's not there either. AH is probably going down soon.

Macattk15

Well that was easy.

Walked into Inferno butcher for the first time with my clear massive trash packs build.

Got the beat him in under 2 minutes on Inferno difficulty achievement.

Onto Act 2 :(

Gila

45k dps and 40 Hp and you can clear A1 ? Are you kidding me ? I destroy everything with ~20k dps and 35k HP.

Use frost arrow or dual chakram.
Hungering with shatter.

Caltrops is a good choice but I prefer tumble vault.

Thrill of the hunt can be interesting never used it in inferno but I will try it... You can use tactical advantage to get away or steady aim for dps but you already have enough imo.

I can kill the regular monsters easily. It's the elite fuckers who get me, but I will try those skills now

dumb item bonus question:

ibtRvHHtwABtQY.jpg

So does the +278-519 Holy Damage mean that you only get that bonus if you have a skill equipped that benefits from Holy Damage?

If so, then is it fair to say that the better items are the one that have + damage without specifying an Holy/Lightning/Arcane/etc?

And for my own knowledge, does +49% damage yield more actual damage than something like +20 attack speed? Or visa versa?

What's your build?

I had about 780 resistances with barb shout.

46k hp

about 9.2k dps with about 1000 life on hit.

approx 6.9k armor.

I went with:

Breath of Heaven: circle of life
Serenity: peaceful repose
mantra of evasion: hard target
sweeping wind: inner storm
crippling wave: concussion
cyclone strike: eye of the storm

cyclone strike was vital for phase 1 and 2. There was literally no way our 4 man team could deal with them without it. the naga type things on 4 man inferno were hitting over 70,000dmg on our WD/DH.

crippling wave: concussion is FAR better than any other spirit generator for grouo bosses. its 20% DR and its uptime should be next to 100% of the time he can hit you. it also is aoe and helps your team mates as well.

the rest are common sense, breath of life was really just for healing my allies as I didn't need it for myself.

for passives I went:

One with everything
Transcendance
Seize the Initiative.

Hope it helps.

scy

dumb item bonus question:

ibtRvHHtwABtQY.jpg

So does the +278-519 Holy Damage mean that you only get that bonus if you have a skill equipped that benefits from Holy Damage?

If so, then is it fair to say that the better items are the one that have + damage without specifying an Holy/Lightning/Arcane/etc?

And for my own knowledge, does +49% damage yield more actual damage than something like +20 attack speed? Or visa versa?

My understanding is it's (Base * (1 + Damage%)) + Bonus Damage. So the +49% is already factored into the listed DPS. Likewise, the same applies to IAS%. The +Elemental Damage just determines ... what damage it deals.

Which one is better in the ends depends on the skill types. IAS% getting you to 1250 WeaponDPS means it attacks faster but each hit is for less. +Damage% has a higher damage per hit but attacks less frequently.

chris-013

I can kill the regular monsters easily. It's the elite fuckers who get me, but I will try those skills now

Elite fuckers will still destroy you. You can only full dps/kite or die, you can't tank with a DH. :p
That's why you don't see DH in inferno HC.

My understanding is it's (Base * (1 + Damage%)) + Bonus Damage. So the +49% is already factored into the listed DPS. Likewise, the same applies to IAS%. The +Elemental Damage just determines ... what damage it deals.

Which one is better in the ends depends on the skill types. IAS% getting you to 1250 WeaponDPS means it attacks faster but each hit is for less. +Damage% has a higher damage per hit but attacks less frequently.

oooooooh I see.

and for one more point of clarification: when you said that the elemental damage "determines what damage it deals"...so that means it's not dependent upon equipping skills thta match it? Because until now, when I bought weapons (say something with +bonus lightning), I assumed that I had to equip lightning spells to get that bonus. that I had to match elements on weapons to elements in my skills. it made sense in my mind.

So what's actually happening is that the pictured weapon is dealing 1045-1456 damage per shot + an additional 278-519 dealt as Holy? or is that Holy portion already accounted for in the 1250.8 dps total?

G_Berry

Banned
So I'm like level 25, barb.

What do people do with all the rare loot that's shitter than what they currently have equipped?

I've been putting it in my stash an trying to sell it on the AH but it never sells. Would I be better off not wasting my time and just selling it to a vendor or breaking them down?

Also, I've pumped heaps of cash into my blacksmith dude and have heaps of broken down loot bits but the items I can craft all blow! Whats the point of this system? Should I keep leveling him up?

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
ggs for today. 40 butcher runs should be good.

g'night d3gaf.

LiK

What do people do with all the rare loot that's shitter than what they currently have equipped?

I've been putting it in my stash an trying to sell it on the AH but it never sells. Would I be better off not wasting my time and just selling it to a vendor or breaking them down?

Also, I've pumped heaps of cash into my blacksmith dude and have heaps of broken down loot bits but the items I can craft all blow! Whats the point of this system? Should I keep leveling him up?

melt them down for ingredients, give them to friends or just sell. don't worry about Rares too much esp when you play in NM. they keep popping up for me.

Narag

I wouldn't worry about leveling it until Inferno. You need drops from each difficulty to level it fully. It's effectively gambling one would use to fill in item gaps but it's simply not cost efficient versus picking something up on the cheap from the AH. Endgame plans that drop might be different as I've had good luck with those.

Shadow780

sell all your shit, you can always find better gears for your character at the auction house for lv25.

crafting is worthless before I realized that, wasted so much money.

Grind for money, and get to 60, that's it.

Dahbomb

I found a 20K ring on the AH that gave like 100 Dex with a socket plus some additional stats. I had just sold two items for 20K that I had to send to my stash.

I go to my completed tab and see that the gold hasn't been delivered. I go back to the ring and it just got sold. :(

That was the best thing I could find on my items. Upgrading any one of my items at this point is going to cost me a pretty penny, well over 20K.

chris-013

oooooooh I see.

and for one more point of clarification: when you said that the elemental damage "determines what damage it deals"...so that means it's not dependent upon equipping skills thta match it? Because until now, when I bought weapons (say something with +bonus lightning), I assumed that I had to equip lightning spells to get that bonus. that I had to match elements on weapons to elements in my skills. it made sense in my mind.

So what's actually happening is that the pictured weapon is dealing 1045-1456 damage per shot + an additional 278-519 dealt as Holy? or is that Holy portion already accounted for in the 1250.8 dps total?

Every bonus on a weapon is already accounted for but not for primary stats.
Elemental damage is just graphical, I never saw a monster with more resist with a element.

scy

oooooooh I see.

It is not dependent on skills. You'll notice it with Cold Damage causing Snares or Poison Damage causing DoT effects. I'm fairly certain it's relevant for changing how mitigation works (e.g., an enemy with 50% Physical Resistance, 25% Cold, and 10% Holy would take different amounts of damage based on what kind of +Damage you had). That said, I don't really know all enemy resistances so I don't know if that actually matters in the long run.

Edit: Since you're a Wizard, I'm _not_ sure how those damage types work with your spells. I believe it changes nothing so, say, Magic Missile will still be Arcane damage regardless of what +Damage type you have equipped on your Weapon.

Also, all stats on a Weapon are already factored into the listed damage range, listed attack speed, and listed DPS. So that Axe already has the +278-519 damage in that 1045-1456 value.

bengraven

Hey "Freerider", it wouldn't let me accept your friend request because apparently you have too many friends?

Anyway, I'm finally on Act IV after a day stuck on Belial and finally getting some free time to myself.

Seriously awesome - the cut scene that starts off Act IV was awesome.

LordCanti

I had about 780 resistances with barb shout.

46k hp

about 9.2k dps with about 1000 life on hit.

approx 6.9k armor.

I went with:

Breath of Heaven: circle of life
Serenity: peaceful repose
mantra of evasion: hard target
sweeping wind: inner storm
crippling wave: concussion
cyclone strike: eye of the storm

cyclone strike was vital for phase 1 and 2. There was literally no way our 4 man team could deal with them without it. the naga type things on 4 man inferno were hitting over 70,000dmg on our WD/DH.

crippling wave: concussion is FAR better than any other spirit generator for grouo bosses. its 20% DR and its uptime should be next to 100% of the time he can hit you. it also is aoe and helps your team mates as well.

the rest are common sense, breath of life was really just for healing my allies as I didn't need it for myself.

for passives I went:

One with everything
Transcendance
Seize the Initiative.

Hope it helps.

Are you on the US servers? I've been trying to take him down in Inferno for days. Someone who can actually tank (compared with the "tanks" I've tried it with before) would be incredibly helpful, if you're up for it.

Are you on the US servers? I've been trying to take him down in Inferno for days. Someone who can actually tank (compared with the "tanks" I've tried it with before) would be incredibly helpful, if you're up for it.

I'm on us. PM me your battle tag and i'll add you we can do it. right now I'm 5 stacking magdha for 800dps sell able 1 handers.

scy

Just noticed that some stuff I bought earlier tonight took my Gold and have not arrived in my Completed Tab after like 3 hours. Hm ...

... come on game.

mr2xxx

Banned
How do attack reductions work in the game? If armor is at 50% and my meele reduction is at 70%, how much would a 1000 hp attack take with these two stats?

Slayer-33

Liverpool-2
This AH is a terrible mess.

Inferno is a terrible mess

I have reached the boiling point in frustration with this fucking game.

I have shit melee hitting me from like 15 yards away killing me constantly or projectiles doing the same bullshit, after spending hours killing down whatever the fuck rare spawns I'm rewarded with garbage ass weapons or armor that belong in nightmare.

This is fucking infuriating, is the point of this game to frustrate you beyond belief? How is it fucking fun to try and grind out motherfucking items that 98% of the time will be worthless because of stat allocation at max level? I just LOVE the 30s res timers and the fucking 4-5k gold repairs that have effectively halted my gold farming.

Grouping with other people is out of the question because shit just becomes more of a clusterfuck of bullshit.

I can't fucking believe that this is how it is for me at this point..

What am I to do? Farm hell and it's garbage 2.0 loot in order for me to hop into inferno despite the fact that I do enough damage to kill anything in it but the 1 shot kills and instagibs from buggy distances hinder any fucking progress? How is this fun?

Jesus FUCK is there anyone else frustrated as fuck like me?

I really want to enjoy the game more but right now it's just fucking impossible to do so.. Can't solo effectively at all, cant fucking group up.. The AH SUCKS ASS. Awesome search speeds in there, I also love how you can't fucking see items tooltips that are on the bottom because they center on where the mouse pointer is.

WHAT do I do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom