• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT3| Turn On Elective Mode, Get an Authenticator

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rufus

Click the anvil first, it will turn your cursor into an anvil and you can go through and salvage things quicker. You'll get a prompt for anything that is rare or higher, magic items get instantly salvaged.
I... never thought of that. Thanks!

Jackl

HOLY FUCK. OK, holiday weekend, finally got some time to grind. Got to Act 1 Hell, decide fuck it, open the game public.

3 pretty decent guys fill the game, and we continue. Shortly after we enter a dungeon we were assaulted by both a champion & and an elite pack combined. Pretty bad attributes. Immunity, molten, mortar, jailer. Basically we're fucked. We die. Many times. Eventually we give up and dive past for the quest item and GTFO.

...only to yet again encounter a champion pack that is also neigh invincible against our efforts.

Ok skip that too.

Only to yet again, inevitably get stuck.

I don't know maybe its me. 52 Witch Doctor with my horribly bad build simply can't mosey along through the game anymore. I tried respeccing in to Fear/Confusion, AoE, snare and kite. Nothing was fucking working.

Gear perhaps? I just bought reasonably priced 52 pieces last night.(BTW I have yet to have an item DROP that I would wear. Whats up with that?)

TL;DR. Just spent the last hour chain dying for a couple of blues and 2 bars of exp.

Feels bad man.

JORMBO

Darkness no more
Well yea the AH basically has ruined finding cool loot in the game for me. So far I haven't found a single upgrade in days, all my ups have come from the AH . Instead of getting lucky, you just skip it all and go straight to the AH to find the best you can afford.

D1 and 2 were not like this

Yeah. I find tons of gold and don't have anything to spend it all on but the AH. Since everything is dirt cheap because the AH is flooded I can just hand pick what I want for each slot. Feels kind of cheap and makes loot pointless. And since drops in game are 5-10 levels below what they should be I have to play the AH.

Might change at Inferno level for all I know. I'm not that far yet.

Rufus

Is it just me or do all of
Diablo's
moves haves stupid hitboxes?

I'm getting hit with everything including his melee which I can screenshot and show I'm not within range.
Melee hitboxes are screwed up in general. I'm in hell now with my WD and I notice it more than ever.
Basically, if you are less than four feet away during the wind-up of their melee, you're going to get hit no matter how far away you are.

LordCanti

Fuck. Wasted $ on the AH for an item I won't get to use now when I want to play now.

; ;

They're going to have a lot of complaints. Probably the busiest night of the week, and the AH is malfunctioning in a way that makes people spend their gold, but not receive their items. It would be better if the AH was just down.

I wouldn't mind the nagas at all if I could hit them (even at reduced damage) while invisible. Pain in the ass to run around if I don't have enough discipline to force them out with a smoke screen.

I SS, let them flock to the Templar, and then let them have it. One or two traps should be enough to end them.

Narag

In that regard the whole "locked" in attacks aren't balanced at all especially when some enemies pop out of no where on the map like those ghosts in act 1 or those teleporting Nagas in act 2.

I wouldn't mind the nagas at all if I could hit them (even at reduced damage) while invisible. Pain in the ass to run around if I don't have enough discipline to force them out with a smoke screen.

Hell is just not fun at all. I don't see the point in playing past Nightmare mode as it's nothing but frustration, so I'm back to Normal with a Barbarian and I actually feel like I'm playing a game now.

Dahbomb

I am curious... what are the evasive skills equivalent to SS/Vault for other classes?

I have seen Diamond Skin and Spirit walk for Wizard/WD, what are the equivalents for Barb and Monk? Honestly I haven't seen any other class match DH in straight up evasive/invincible options. She can basically be invincible for a considerable amount of time when combined with Preparation.

I SS, let them flock to the Templar, and then let them have it. One or two traps should be enough to end them.
That's pretty much what I did in NM and Hell but I am curious what options the other classes have. It's still a considerable Disc sink every time you have to face one of them, I mean they aren't even Champion/Elite level.

Jackl

Hell is just not fun at all. I don't see the point in playing past Nightmare mode as it's nothing but frustration, so I'm back to Normal with a Barbarian and I actually feel like I'm playing a game now.

My initial experience supports this statement.

Maybe its the class? I see DH and Wizards literally melting through content on various streams.

I'm seriously considering buying a million gold for $40. I don't have the patience to farm for it and I never seem to find much on an average playthrough.

Toki767

Maybe its the class? I see DH and Wizards literally melting through content on various streams.

My Wizard dies a lot in Hell. Level 54 in Act 1. I basically run from any vampiric elites I see because I can't damage them fast enough to kill them even with 4000 DPS.

chris-013

I am curious... what are the evasive skills equivalent to SS/Vault for other classes?

I have seen Diamond Skin and Spirit walk for Wizard/WD, what are the equivalents for Barb and Monk? Honestly I haven't seen any other class match DH in straight up evasive/invincible options. She can basically be invincible for a considerable amount of time when combined with Preparation.

That's pretty much what I did in NM and Hell but I am curious what options the other classes have. It's still a considerable Disc sink every time you have to face one of them, I mean they aren't even Champion/Elite level.

Barb and monk mitigate damage they don't need evasive skills. Monks have a 3 sec immunity.

My main character is a level 55 DH. I had a lot of trouble finishing Act 1 Hell and I did consider giving up back then. Act 2 is when I decided it was ridiculous and not worth my time and nerves.

Jackl

You risk losing your account entirely in the process.

Normally companies turn a relatively blind eye to the process, but Blizzard is basing their business model directly on Sponsored Cash Trading. My guess is they will not tolerate 3rd party transactions should the evidence indicate as such.

Beware.

scy

Guys in NA: I wouldn't buy or sell on the AH right now. It's all kinds of fucked currently.

Wish I had known that ahead of time. Spent around 1M Gold on my two alts to get them appropriately Hell/Inferno geared. Can't even get the stuff that I had sitting in the stash that I bought earlier in the day.

Going to be incredibly pissed off if I lose all of this :/

Normally companies turn a relatively blind eye to the process, but Blizzard is basing their business model directly on Sponsored Cash Trading. My guess is they will not tolerate 3rd party transactions should the evidence indicate as such.

Beware.

Not only that, but what are you going to use the gold for anyway? The auction house is fucking broken right now.

Ostinatto

i dont get the RMAH

you will pay money for extremely easy walkthroug on inferno, and then what?

there is more game content after inferno??

i dont get the RMAH

you will pay money for extremely easy walkthroug on inferno, and then what?

there is more game content after inferno??
m-night-shyamalan_1334621413.jpg

johnsmith

remember me
Holy crap, I'm towards the end of Hell Act 1, just reached Leoric's Mansion, and I'm starting to get destroyed by these champions. It's starting to get frustrating.

Playing a barb, and I think i've got decent stats. 31K HP, 5k DPS. Is that good enough? Bought a couple of weapons that would give me a good boost, but they're stuck in limbo because of the AH problems.

I imagine people will buy some of the more interesting gear to try out weird shit

Also hopefully legendaries will be buffed by then so the more interesting mods (of which there should definitely be more) can actually be used.

Ultrabum

I have killed skeleton king many times in this game on my monk. however, only in inferno did I realize that it appears if he does that double laugh before an attack, its like a stronger attack, that takes longer to swing and does 2-4 X more dmg. This attack also appears to have a normal hit box.

Someone tell me I am not dreaming this up?

LordCanti

Bought 100K worth of items and they're not appearing in my auction house...what do I do?

Nothing. It's happening to everyone on the NA Auction House. Let me try this again..:

Do not buy or sell anything on the North American Auction House right now. It will take your gold and not give you your item. It's happening to everyone.

I have killed skeleton king many times in this game on my monk. however, only in inferno did I realize that it appears if he does that double laugh before an attack, its like a stronger attack, that takes longer to swing and does 2-4 X more dmg. This attack also appears to have a normal hit box.

Someone tell me I am not dreaming this up?

Are you talking about his whirlwind attack?

Zeliard

If I could sell gold right now for $40/1mil, I'd do it. It's a shame that system isn't setup yet.

RMAH is going to be quite amazing/hilarious to behold.

Are you stashing away certain pieces of gear for RMAH?

Nothing. It's happening to everyone on the NA Auction House. Let me try this again..:

Do not buy or sell anything on the North American Auction House right now. It will take your gold and not give you your item. It's happening to everyone.

rofl

Amazing.

Melee hitboxes are screwed up in general. I'm in hell now with my WD and I notice it more than ever.
Basically, if you are less than four feet away during the wind-up of their melee, you're going to get hit no matter how far away you are.

This is true of basic attacks, special melee attacks with a wind-up can be dodged.

However, the hitbox of your character is still a little too large when it comes to attacks that should be dodgable, like projectiles or these attacks.

Ultrabum

Are you talking about his whirlwind attack?

I think there are 2 whirlwind attacks is what I am trying to say. Both are 3 attacks, but 1 is stronger.

Dunno though

Petrie

Banned
Ok, you WD players are right, Zombie Bears is awesome.

Now what are people using in conjuction with this to make the most of it? I assume intelligence focused, but which skills and passives seem to be working best?

TheExodu5

Banned
Gonna try something new with my Witch Doctor once my auctions show up...going to go with lots of mana regen and a pure spirit build.

Jackl

Now what are people using in conjuction with this to make the most of it? I assume intelligence focused, but which skills and passives seem to be working best?

I'd like to know this too. My Dart/Pets build is failing me on Hell now.

Zeliard

Probably surround it with a Vision Quest build and other mana regen so you can cast it basically indefinitely.

yep. I just had 3 items sell (posted 1.5 hours ago) and no monies in mah wallet.

I'll just sit tight. I assume when the money appears in my wallet, it must be working.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom