• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT3| Turn On Elective Mode, Get an Authenticator

Status
Not open for further replies.

mandiller

Awesome. AH just swallowed 500k from me without giving me my item.

Great gold sink, guys.

Damn. I feel bad for you. I just lost 45,000 gold. The items I bought haven't shown up. Has Blizzard responded to this issue?

So many bloody issues. D3's launch has been a bit of a joke. It's a great game though... when you can play it.

ibjysnm9FAMYG5.jpg

legit upgrade, or keep looking?

Damn. I feel bad for you. I just lost 45,000 gold. The items I bought haven't shown up. Has Blizzard responded to this issue?

So many bloody issues. D3's launch has been a bit of a joke. It's a great game though... when you can play it.
it's happened to me twice and both times the item showed up a while later.

Sorry for asking what is probably an obnoxious question...(since the answer most definitely depends on the person).. but is there any sort of consensus on the most fun class to play? or at least, one to avoid? I don't want a superpowered class. I played Diablo II as a spellcaster because it was kind of fun to shit up the screen with big spells, and for a change, i went with Witch doctor. But after an hour, I am kind of dreading that I'll spam the darts more than half the time till the end of the game.

Jackl

Well yea the AH basically has ruined finding cool loot in the game for me. So far I haven't found a single upgrade in days, all my ups have come from the AH . Instead of getting lucky, you just skip it all and go straight to the AH to find the best you can afford.

D1 and 2 were not like this

Not going to lie, this is beginning to kill the interest for me.

Maybe its better at max level, but I've pretty much gone the entire game without finding a piece of gear that was a solid upgrade for me.

I found some decent stuff, made probably a million gold through sales. But I've never went WOW look at that! That dagger is so much better then [whatever I bought 3 levels ago from the AH).

Diablo 2 had huge draw to me because you never knew what you were going to get; even if the majority of it was junk. However, now I feel like I'll never find anything outside of the AH relevant to my character.

I don't feel like I'm item hunting so much as gold farming : /

TheExodu5

Banned

Maybe its better at max level, but I've pretty much gone the entire game without finding a piece of gear that was a solid upgrade for me.

I found some decent stuff, made probably a million gold through sales. But I've never went WOW look at that! That dagger is so much better then [whatever I bought 3 levels ago from the AH).

Diablo 2 had huge draw to me because you never knew what you were going to get; even if the majority of it was junk. However, now I feel like I'll never find anything outside of the AH relevant to my character.

D2 was not all that different. If you wanted to gear your character properly, the majority of your items would come from trades, not self farming (especially when high runes came into play).

Deadly

D2 was not all that different. If you wanted to gear your character properly, the majority of your items would come from trades, not self farming (especially when high runes came into play).
When I played D2 all I did was farm bosses and I pretty much had the BIS gear. Only trade I remember doing was a SOJ for buriza. Like I previously said, the D2 experience can be alot different depending on when you played it.

Alex

I didn't at first, but I love the auction house now. Originally I was very bummed at how rare finding loot that was actually good for me was and I felt like I was cheating the game. Later on I started to get addicted to finding decent loot, period, listing it up, hunting down good bargains and the general ebb and flow of it.

I always liked MMO/ORPG economy stuff and this is the most involving in awhile.

Some people just want to totally keep to themselves, and I totally understand that, I've never been one of these people who thought that it was bad to treat Diablo as a single player game, however I really like this setup. It's ultimately going to meet the same ends but be less (absurdly) random and far more interactive along the way. It's just fun to contribute and benefit from it.

I just want them to make the itemization a little more broad and to KEEP THE AH WORKING.

masud

Banned

I don't think I ever equipped an item that I found myself after I beat normal in D2, traded for everything. My problem is that trading item for item with other players is far more social and fun than the AH. That's what kept me playing D2 for years. I love this game but I dont see myself playing it a year from now. But im also an adult now with far less free time.

BigDug13

Poison darts and dire bats?

I don't use either one of those. Am I missing out? I've tried both of those abilities and I don't really like them. I use leaping spiders and rain of frogs. No animation time on rain of frogs and they come from the sky so it's instant long-range damage spammable for AE 120% damage per cast...right now that's about 25 mana, 480% damage for 100 mana. The leaping spiders do good damage (3 attacks over 4 seconds for 19% damage each is about 230% damage per toss) and don't depend on having a target since they'll leap to what's available and will leap 25 yards past the edge of the screen if that's where you throw them. Works great for kiting bosses around.

Between the both of them, I do really well so far at 52, but my dps has dropped off and my AH items I'm still waiting on.

The Dire Bats seem to drain my entire pool in 3 casts. I didn't really like that.

SupaNaab

If you can, always play with friends. If you play with 3 others thats 4x the loot per kill. Inferno is the only difficulty where it actually punishes you for playing with friends.

Jackl

If you can, always play with friends. If you play with 4 others thats 4x the loot per kill. Inferno is the only difficulty where it actually punishes you for playing with friends.

I don't know, I got rickrolled pretty hard in a Hell 4man earlier. Then again that may be my gear.

SupaNaab

I don't know, I got rickrolled pretty hard in a Hell 4man earlier. Then again that may be my gear.

Multiplayer Scaling

1 player = 100% so 4 players should be 400%. Only in Inferno do monsters exceed this rule. So only in Inferno do monsters actually become harder to kill the more people you add. It should also be apparent that if you play with more people you require much more defense in all post-normal modes. Soloing Inferno should technically be easier than grouping (especially on HC where you cannot Rez).

Wait for the RMAH. A million gold won't fetch anything close to that.

Wait for the RMAH and give it to me. :p

Yeah, that's what I'm holding out on. I'm just so tempted right now.

It should also be noted that gold sellers are generally the people stealing accounts. You're funding their evil machine if you buy from them.

While that's a good point, there's really no way to know how they got it. I use to buy money for the game Anarchy Online and as far as anyone knew it was made either the legit way or by finding an exploit. There were never widespread issues of account hacking.

You risk losing your account entirely in the process.

Normally companies turn a relatively blind eye to the process, but Blizzard is basing their business model directly on Sponsored Cash Trading. My guess is they will not tolerate 3rd party transactions should the evidence indicate as such.

Beware.

As mentioned above, I got use to doing in that other game so I guess I have the idea in my mind that it'd be fine. But that is a good point.

Not only that, but what are you going to use the gold for anyway? The auction house is fucking broken right now.

i dont get the RMAH

you will pay money for extremely easy walkthroug on inferno, and then what?

there is more game content after inferno??

It's not necessarily for better armor and weapons to get through Inferno, although I would definitely upgrade my gimped Monk. The million would be meant to be used over a long period of time. If I ever need to upgrade something it's nice to know I can afford it.

Gold Find, Gold Find, Gold Find. You can get a ton of gold that way.

I've tried this but I can never seem to find good armor that includes it. I may find a piece with high Gold Find but it has terrible stats for everything else. Or a good piece of armor with very low gold find.

Found Zoltun's head yesterday on Inferno and it hasn't been half as hard as before after switching to my new build.
DPS is rather on the low side and 91 arcane power is a bit sad, but I'm able to kite elite packs easily and my K:D on Inferno has never been better.
32k hp, 19-20k DPS, ~40% resistances. Wizard.

I started having immensely more success when I took out diamond skin in favor of teleport with fracture and illusionist passive over astral presence. DS just doesn't scale worth a damn into inferno and as long as you're tanky enough for force armor to activate on every hit, you will always have a blink with 2 mirror images at your disposal when an enemy inevitably gets in your face. Stack about 1k HP/s life regen and you can kite away and regen almost endlessly.

Wizard can be a slippery bugger with illusionist and teleport.

So earlier today, unless I was dreaming, I put an item on AH, and now it is not in my active sales window, nor is it in my inventory / stash, nor did I receive any notice that the auction had completed. Has this happened to anyone?

BTW, the "plagued" attribute on elites. Fuck that shit. Is it poison damage?

Jackl

Multiplayer Scaling

1 player = 100% so 4 players should be 400%. Only in Inferno do monsters exceed this rule. So only in Inferno do monsters actually become harder to kill the more people you add. It should also be apparent that if you play with more people you require much more defense in all post-nightmare modes. Soloing Inferno should technically be easier than grouping (especially on HC where you cannot Rez).

I guess someone wasn't carrying their weight then, elites were having their way with us like a couple of drunk girls at a frat house.

Found Zoltun's head yesterday on Inferno and it hasn't been half as hard as before after switching to my new build.
DPS is rather on the low side and 91 arcane power is a bit sad, but I'm able to kite elite packs easily and my K:D on Inferno has never been better.
32k hp, 19-20k DPS, ~40% resistances. Wizard.

Build seems quite reasonable for a good portion of the time. I imagine you're fucked when you come across a fast +invul/jailer/waller/whatever pack. Oh, and that build's effectiveness ends at the Act II boss. :(

sleepykyo

So earlier today, unless I was dreaming, I put an item on AH, and now it is not in my active sales window, nor is it in my inventory / stash, nor did I receive any notice that the auction had completed. Has this happened to anyone?

BTW, the "plagued" attribute on elites. Fuck that shit. Is it poison damage?

Those green pools of poison.

SupaNaab

I guess someone wasn't carrying their weight then, elites were having their way with us like a couple of drunk girls at a frat house.

I know that pain. As a barb in HC, my health pool is higher but my DPS is like 60% of my friend playing WD. Vitality/Survival is too treasured and I've become the test dummy for progression and elite packs.

I use to buy money for the game Anarchy Online and as far as anyone knew it was made either the legit way or by finding an exploit. There were never widespread issues of account hacking.

Shall we meet in ICC for this transaction?..:)

Played and bought credits in that game for about 6 years hehe.
Item duping fucked the economy up at first in 2001/02

Then Shadowlands came out...for the first year or so I think Hecks would drop ingots you could sell at the merchant for close to a million credits or more.
So..make a NT, Kite and nuke, loot ingots, make 10mil in a few hours.

People selling items for BILLIONS since everyone was fucking rich.
I would play hide and seek in Omni Ent. and give out 1mil credits to who ever found me I was so rich.
You had to have a second toon just to hold money once you got 999,999,999 credits.
Playing the game "legit" just wasnt an option after Shadowlands.

Seguin

Banned
so since the demon hunter nerf I'm having a very hard time progressing in Act I Inferno...should I go back and farm Act IV Hell or is there a better spot? And I'm not interested in the auction house.

Woo-Fu

Banned
so since the demon hunter nerf I'm having a very hard time progressing in Act I Inferno...should I go back and farm Act IV Hell or is there a better spot? And I'm not interested in the auction house.

You can do Azmodan runs. Pick up a couple nephalim stacks in level 3 of the keep, then do the Azmodan run. You'll make money and you might get an upgrade or two, depending on your gear.

You don't really have many options to gear up for Inferno if you're not going to use the AH.

Seguin

Banned
You can do Azmodan runs. Pick up a couple nephalim stacks in level 3 of the keep, then do the Azmodan run. You'll make money and you might get an upgrade or two, depending on your gear.

You don't really have many options to gear up for Inferno if you're not going to use the AH.

such a well designed game, in that case.

balddemon

Banned
jesus

killed the butcher with some friends

now we're in act 2 and 2 of them dropped out cuz so pissed

me and the wizard now

still hard as fuck

hell

Shall we meet in ICC for this transaction?..:)

Played and bought credits in that game for about 6 years hehe.
Item duping fucked the economy up at first in 2001/02

Then Shadowlands came out...for the first year or so I think Hecks would drop ingots you could sell at the merchant for close to a million credits or more.
So..make a NT, Kite and nuke, loot ingots, make 10mil in a few hours.

People selling items for BILLIONS since everyone was fucking rich.
I would play hide and seek in Omni Ent. and give out 1mil credits to who ever found me I was so rich.
You had to have a second toon just to hold money once you got 999,999,999 credits.
Playing the game "legit" just wasnt an option after Shadowlands.

Haha, that's crazy. I played the game off and on for a couple of years and never knew money was that easy to come by. But I was never very active in the guilds I was in and often ignored the chat. I even bought accounts at times, stripped the items, and resold them on eBay. Or bought an account with a high level Trader or Engineer and used them solely for crafting and buffs for my main characters.

frequency

I'm starting to grow tired of this game :(

I'm still only in Act 2 normal. I don't know what I'm doing wrong but every single encounter feels the same. I do the same thing basically no matter what I'm fighting. Equipment drops don't really do much for me - not that I've even been finding anything worth using (almost all my stuff is made at the blacksmith).

There's no real story to pull me forward and it's all just... I don't know. I'm not having that much fun anymore. It's not that I've burned out on it or anything. I only play on Fridays/weekends. Maybe I just need to play more co-operative? But strangers are scary.

For you? What's your total damage?

the answer to your question is probably, "as soon as you set foot in the desert".

Act 2. Each act in Inferno is a big jump in terms of damage dealt and monster health. Plus act 2 is full of bullshit enemies compared to act 1.

I'm at 12k dps as WD and around 26k health. So far it's not bad, but of course I'm squishy as hell. I'm afraid to get to act 2.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom