• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT3| Turn On Elective Mode, Get an Authenticator

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hero

Gold Find, Gold Find, Gold Find. You can get a ton of gold that way.

Seriously. 5 stacks of Nephalum buff plus some random gold find on my gear made me get 100K gold in an hour on Act 1 inferno plus probably about 8 rares and tons of magic items.

Artanisix

I have a 300% gold find DH that I use to farm with when I'm bored of doing ghost runs for gear. I pull in about 400k an hour running through act 3 hell with her.

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
Saw this on reddit:

0obSM.jpg

Isn't that a one hander too?

I have 11,000 DPS at level 55 and I have the same problem as you.

I beat hell with 8k dps so you probably just need to adjust your build/strategies. More damage always helps, but yea.

hitmon

Nothing. It's happening to everyone on the NA Auction House. Let me try this again..:

Do not buy or sell anything on the North American Auction House right now. It will take your gold and not give you your item. It's happening to everyone.

Are you talking about his whirlwind attack?

Crap, wish I read the warning earlier. Think I lost some money attempting to send money to my stash.

Cels

If you have a successful sale on the AH, what's the delay on getting the gold. I ask since I placed some auctions last night and got the gold this morning, no problem.

But I placed some auctions a few hr ago and some of them sold, but I don't have the completed items to transfer gold yet.

edit aw fuck i just read lordcanti's message.

Jackl

I just haven't kept up to speed, I literally didn't know there was a such thing as a vision quest build.

From what I understand load up with 4 of the longest cooldown spells. Keep them down. Spam zombie bears.

Sounds awkward to me, which is why I've been trying other things, but nothing is really working out.

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
Nothing. It's happening to everyone on the NA Auction House. Let me try this again..:

Do not buy or sell anything on the North American Auction House right now. It will take your gold and not give you your item. It's happening to everyone.

Sweet, I read this too late.

iamblades

So I'm minding my own business chasing this treasure goblin, and I run right into a yellow and a blue pack of goat men yellow was desecrator vortex jailer i think, blue was desecrator electrified shielded. FML.

Happened to me 2 nights ago, I got my item today though, so use at your own risk I guess.

BigDug13

So how do people do it? I bought like 5 pieces of GF but the hit to my other stats is pretty substantial. I'm guessing people get their GF farming gear and switch quests to a previous Act so that you're not completely gimped?

Also, am I the only one that got a Golden Axe vibe when I first saw the treasure troll with his bag dropping loot as I beat on him?

will tank for loot

got my first legendary item today, a belt that has 17% damage reduction from melee. I realize with barbarian i am destined for tank duty, I just did pubs for last quest of ACT 1 and the two monks i grouped with got one shot'd by the butcher over and over again. It got to the point i asked them to leave so i could solo the boss. I had to also just run pass all the unique mobs cause my group couldn't live long enough to dps or just enjoyed dying over and over again.

Uniques that have shield chain and arcane prefixes can go fuck them selves in the dungeons with no room to maneuver

Kinda really disliking how I've had the same same 2 main attack skills now for 30+ levels.

What class are you?

I find myself keeping about 4-5 skills the same and rotating one, but the skills I keep are always different. Yet I still haven't properly tried probably 70% of the skill/rune combos in the game for Wizard (there were some I tried for like 30 seconds).

Zeliard

I just haven't kept up to speed, I literally didn't know there was a such thing as a vision quest build.

Yep :p

Vision Quest + Bears has been an effective thing to bust out on the higher difficulties for some.

Vision Quest build isn't necessarily a specific thing - it just means putting various skills around to keep the cooldown up consistently in order to use it most effectively, and I've seen several variations of it.

Soul Harvest/Siphon, Spirit Walk/Healing Journey, Hex/Hedge Magic are good ones to have in Hell for their healing prowess. Might be good to have a couple of those, Gargantuan with its 60 second cooldown, and the fourth one have 120 cooldown like Big Bad Voodoo or Fetish Army. Jinx is also a good rune for Hex due to its 20% damage bonus, as well as Honored Guest for Spirit Walk for an extra mana boost on top of VQ. Depends on what your stats/gear are like and what your playstyle is. Maybe look at Mass Confusion as well for crowd control.

Experiment with it and see what's most effective for you.

From what I understand load up with 4 of the longest cooldown spells. Keep them down. Spam zombie bears.

Sounds awkward to me, which is why I've been trying other things, but nothing is really working out.

Doesn't necessarily have to be four long ones. Some 15 second spells are both very useful to cast often, and relatively cheap to do so, so you can keep that cooldown up pretty well.

Shouta

So how do people do it? I bought like 5 pieces of GF but the hit to my other stats is pretty substantial. I'm guessing people get their GF farming gear and switch quests to a previous Act so that you're not completely gimped?

Also, am I the only one that got a Golden Axe vibe when I first saw the treasure troll with his bag dropping loot as I beat on him?

For leveling to 60, it's about digging around and finding pieces that have the stats you want and GF. That's where the AH comes in handy but if you aren't, taking a lesser GF and adding it up over several pieces is a good way to build it up. In particular, the helm socket and an Emerald will give you a ton of GF in a single slot.

At 60, building Valor and adding several pieces will give you over 100 easily and that causes huge amounts of cash to drop normally. I've seen 1.2-1.5k drops on occasion.

If it is like previous incidents you'll get your gear/money, it'll just take an hour or two.

Been about 6 hours for me. This isn't like previous incidents at all.

Also, question to you farmers: What/how exactly are you farming? I hate to keep asking this but I just don't understand. Things that click for most people just don't for me and I'm having trouble making any money whatsoever. I just ran Skeleton King on Inferno and made about 35k after repairs. It took me a long ass time to kite certain elites, so I just don't see how this is viable? Not only that but I only had a 3x stack of neph valor by the time I got to him, and I started at Cathedral Level 1. Am I doing something wrong? What is the secret here?

I'd really appreciate it if someone could just tell me wtf to do. Ugh, this game is really starting to make me angry.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Found Zoltun's head yesterday on Inferno and it hasn't been half as hard as before after switching to my new build.
DPS is rather on the low side and 91 arcane power is a bit sad, but I'm able to kite elite packs easily and my K:D on Inferno has never been better.
32k hp, 19-20k DPS, ~40% resistances. Wizard.

Zeliard

For leveling to 60, it's about digging around and finding pieces that have the stats you want and GF. That's where the AH comes in handy but if you aren't, taking a lesser GF and adding it up over several pieces is a good way to build it up. In particular, the helm socket and an Emerald will give you a ton of GF in a single slot.

At 60, building Valor and adding several pieces will give you over 100 easily and that causes huge amounts of cash to drop normally. I've seen 1.2-1.5k drops on occasion.

If people are still on Nightmare, or are going through with another character, it's hugely effective to go through it as well with a massive GF/MF build since the going is relatively easy and you pick up tons of yellows and gold. Individual stacks of 500 gold start dropping in NM and you get a lot of them with high GF. You'll have a lot of money by the end of NM.

Deadly

DAY FUCKING REDEEMED. After farming magdha/zultan miniboss in act4 almost all day, I just got my first 1000dps weapon (1h) that has both int and vit :D

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
DAY FUCKING REDEEMED. After farming magdha/zultan miniboss in act4 almost all day, I just got my first 1000dps weapon (1h) that has both int and vit :D
Did you stack NV before killing them or just done boss runs?

Deadly

Did you stack NV before killing them or just done boss runs?
Just the miniboss. Much faster that way. While killing elites would be great I think just running it multiple times is easier since it takes like 1-2 minutes for each run. The elites would probably own me too.

So I haven't posted here since launch night rofl, I haven't even checked gaf... at... all.

Anyway Inferno Belial is hard, and the auction house is really pissing me off.

I've finally surfaced, launch hype now dead to me.

Rufus

Wow, name calllng. Yes, I'm obviously the enemy.

Not playing a game is not an excuse for ignorance.
The name calling was unnecessary but he does have a point. Blizzard doesn't really advertise the authenticator very well. You don't have to live under a rock to miss it, either.

Opiate

I'm very new at this...is it really worth paying to level up the artisan/blacksmith guy? I spent a bit already and these new items aren't very impressive. Is putting money into him really necessary for the good stuff or not really?

It's something you can/should do end game. It is not financially viable while leveling up.

Late game you can farm hundreds of thousands of gold in a single day, and level the blacksmith/jewelcrafter from 0 to 10 in that time frame. The advantage is that any later alts will automatically have fulls access to your expert blacksmith/jewelcrafter as well as your stash.

Anybody else having issues with the Auction House tonight? I bought 8 pieces of gear (about 20,000 gold) and when I went to my "Completed" tab, there's nothing there. That was two hours ago. I've logged in and out several times. Even bought one more 100 gold item to see if it was still doing it. I didn't get any error. Every time it said "buyout accepted". The items aren't in my stash or on any of my characters. The purchases do show up in my purchase history, so I know I wasn't having a stroke.

Any one else? Recommendations on what to do?

AH still broken in NA?

edit: guess so. sucks, cuz I saw a weapon I wanted to buy.

Just the miniboss. Much faster that way. While killing elites would be great I think just running it multiple times is easier since it takes like 1-2 minutes for each run. The elites would probably own me too.
were you doing this farming in Hell or Inferno?

Opiate

Anybody else having issues with the Auction House tonight? I bought 8 pieces of gear (about 20,000 gold) and when I went to my "Completed" tab, there's nothing there. That was two hours ago. I've logged in and out several times. Even bought one more 100 gold item to see if it was still doing it. I didn't get any error. Every time it said "buyout accepted". The items aren't in my stash or on any of my characters. The purchases do show up in my purchase history, so I know I wasn't having a stroke.

Any one else? Recommendations on what to do?

This is happening to virtually everyone and, at least historically, items have shown up eventually when this problem has occurred before. I'd say sleep it off and we can all hope that things are fixed in the morning.

This is a very noob question, but how do you level characters so quick? There are people here saying they beat Nightmare in less than 5 hours. How is that possible?!

Was it a rare? When I kill them without NV all I get are shitty (sometimes only slightly less shitty) blues. I guess the RNG gods just smiled upon you heh.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom