• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT3| Turn On Elective Mode, Get an Authenticator

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lev 40 barb, 7k hp, 2k armor and 1k dps. Managed to get past act 2 on nightmare but act 3 is very hard for me. Trying to find better gear as most of mine is 5 levels lower. What's the best skill set to use? I switched from frenzy to cleave, whirlwind to hammer and war cry from threatening shout. Ignore pain was good but the 5 sec timer and 30 sec cooldown is not useful in large fights. Revenge is a life saver but when it does not trigger, I almost always die. :(

Wallach

I don't get what the point of the second paragraph is. I'm not surprised by how games in general or grind heavy games work, I've been there 12 years ago with D2 and other games since.

It wasn't aimed at you, it was aimed at the person I was originally talking to.

Ketch

Lev 40 barb, 7k hp, 2k armor and 1k dps. Managed to get past act 2 on nightmare but act 3 is very hard for me. Trying to find better gear as most of mine is 5 levels lower. What's the best skill set to use? I switched from frenzy to cleave, whirlwind to hammer and war cry from threatening shout. Ignore pain was good but the 5 sec timer and 30 sec cooldown is not useful in large fights. Revenge is a life saver but when it does not trigger, I almost always die. :(

Here's what I'm using. http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/barbarian#bQSVih!ZYd!bZZZZb 10k hp around 2k dps.

Reached a breaking point with my DH tonight. I just got tired of kiting every fucking thing on Inferno so I'm rolling Monk and trying a new class for the first time in over 70 hours of play.

Question for Monks, should I just dual wield the best single hand weapons I can find or should I be looking for those fist cuffs?

Typically, yes. The benefits of a shield are incredibly great and you'll want them most of the time.

I have Act IV saved because I helped someone. I'm using as much evasion as possible because my current set doesn't allow me to straight tank these mini-bosses so I try to evade as many as I can combined with my Bubble and SSS to try and kill them. I also kite a little bit as well depending on the mob. It's not an actual build to fight in Inferno. I don't have the stats for it yet.

For the purposes of these minibosses though, I'm DWing, heh.

My build does work for Act II Inferno, just barely. normal mobs are easy (for the most part) and some Elites aren't bad with a bit of luck

If I had the money I'd buy a couple of great fist weapons and see how it all goes but as of now I'll stick with finding a better shield. But I'm taking a break from the Monk to try other classes so I'm just wanting to get an idea on how people are doing well as the class.

Question for Monks, should I just dual wield the best single hand weapons I can find or should I be looking for those fist cuffs?

For Normal and Nightmare it never mattered what I used. About halfway through Hell I started dying much easier so I switched to shield and everything became better.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
I'd personally not take anything below 1.50 attack speed on a weapon as monk unless you are playing a weird ranged game with spirit regen and armor stacking. Daggers + IAS work best for my spirit generation since healing is so crucial to my build.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
I've seen some sweet builds of people doing really well for themselves on Inferno with a Monk. I just want to try a melee character regardless and see what kind of playstyle I wanna spend the next 100 hours doing. It's been all ranged 24/7.
Well I hope you got 10 mil to drop on gear, because otherwise all you'll be doing is dying.

Barb seems to do a lot better because you have two "I win" buttons on 120s CD.

LordCanti

The AH is back. I have no completed items, and it shows no auctions. They'd better fix this ><

Oh, and I'm selling 3 of 10 things (nope, 4 of 10 in reality), winning an expired auction for a ridiculous cheap item I'll probably never get, etc.

Well I hope you got 10 mil to drop on gear, because otherwise all you'll be doing is dying.

Barb seems to do a lot better because you have two "I win" buttons on 120s CD.

I have around 5 million right now in the bank with alot of items in my box ready to sell. I should be alright if I REALLY get into monk.

DR3AM

Dreams of a world where inflated review scores save studios
quick question, i have d3 installed one 1 computer, my new pc should be here next week, can i just moved the whole d3 folder to the new pc or do i need to download it again?

SUPARSTARX

Soloing act 2 inferno on my Barbarian, on quest 6.

Skeleton rangers meet me in the sewers: Illusionist, Teleporter, Plagued, Fire Chains...

tumblr_m43gr1Vya71qiq9ck.gif

RESET. I'm outta here!

have any of the people who were concerned about the art style played the game yet? are the bad art style claims justified?

It was never BAD, it just looked bland, and after 5 hours with the game, it still looks like that. People want to say it looks like a painting, ala Skyward Sword, but that doesn't make the visuals look any less flat to me. Nothing pops. Nothing stands out. Every structure has that same WoW-ish cartoony bulge to it, and the character models themselves are fairly low polygon/low detail. I really don't like how much influence WoW has had on the game.

If Titan looks like WoW, I'll be pissed.

I have around 5 million right now in the bank with alot of items in my box ready to sell. I should be alright if I REALLY get into monk.
Honestly, if you want to go melee, I would go with a barbarian. As a monk I need most of my slots for healing/invincibility stuff. All of those cool attacks that you could've used in normal through hell are not an option in inferno. The healing skills are on pretty long cooldowns and only heal for a fraction of your life anyway (except for spamming mantra of healing....that they just nerfed, even though the tooltip hasn't been updated) it's actually pretty boring.

Just from watching kripps stream the barbarian looks like WAY more fun (not counting his epic gear).

LordCanti

I'm about to flip a table. I logged out and then back in, and my auctions showed back up, as did an entry for "buyout 1700 gold", in my completed list. I didn't sell anything for 1700 gold. There's no record of it in my list. Moreover, it took gold from my stash but didn't give me the item I was trying to buy.

My suggestion would be to not touch the AH with a ten foot pole tonight.

Edit: Or should I say "this morning". WTH happened to the night?

MedIC86

I've decided to let diablo 3 rest until they adressed some issues like itemization etc, i dont feel the game is worth much more of my time in its current state (act 1 inferno btw)

Bought some gloves from the AH for 1000 gold and tried to stash it. Ended up disappearing into the ether

Think I'll stick to drops for now. Found some pretty good stuff so far on Hell

edit: Back down

Too volatile

SUPARSTARX

Sad sad sad morning.

I'm getting bored of farming Act 1. The loot is just not good enough.
I KNOW!! Just gotta tough it out and break through Act 2. Not fun stealing WPs and farming random stuff in the other acts. Takes the fun out of it. My friends are doing it just to farm for items because they don't wanna bang their heads through the Inferno difficulty. It's just boring and will burn them out from this game fast.

Shouta

eNpHO.jpg

Current Stats on my Monk. It's actually a little higher because I typically have a Life Gem and a DEX/All Resist Ring equipped in those slots but I swapped over for a little bit of MF for the minibosses in Act IV Inferno.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/monk#aZXigh!YXU!ZZbZYc

Is my current skill layout. For the minibosses, I swap in Seven-Sided Strike with Pandemonium instead of Tail Kick. I forgot to but I'll probably swap in Blinding Flash with Searing Light instead of Sweeping Wind for the mini-bosses.

Soloing act 2 inferno on my Barbarian, on quest 6.

Skeleton rangers meet me in the sewers: Illusionist, Teleporter, Plagued, Fire Chains...

tumblr_m43gr1Vya71qiq9ck.gif

RESET. I'm outta here!

Act II devours souls.

Auction House back down again. Did the Blizzard Interns do all the Diablo 3 development? Tons of glitches, lag everywhere, runs hot. I mean damn.

LordCanti

Act II devours souls.

Auction House back down again. Did the Blizzard Interns do all the Diablo 3 development? Tons of glitches, lag everywhere, runs hot. I mean damn.

The Auction House devours items and gold. It's the lord of greed.

I should be receiving two items I can flip for pretty huge profit. We'll see. One was an auction I won for a very low buyout (probably because the item became invisible) and the other was for an item someone just vastly under priced.

There's no way the RMAH is coming any time soon.

Needless to say, all of my auctions are invisible at this point anyway. Have to wait to re-list them.

Diablo is actually controlling the AH and Inferno mode, behind the scenes.

is either weapon a high dps 2h? because I have 1.5 million burning my pockets.

Nope. Armor, and a 1h weapon.

The Auction House devours items and gold. It's the lord of greed.

I should be receiving two items I can flip for pretty huge profit. We'll see. One was an auction I won for a very low buyout (probably because the item became invisible) and the other was for an item someone just vastly under priced.

There's no way the RMAH is coming any time soon.
Diablo is actually controlling the AH and Inferno mode, behind the scenes.

is either weapon a high dps 2h? because I have 1.5 million burning my pockets.

Not fun stealing WPs and farming random stuff in the other acts. Takes the fun out of it. My friends are doing it just to farm for items because they don't wanna bang their heads through the Inferno difficulty. It's just boring and will burn them out from this game fast.
This. I'm actively avoiding doing just that.

It will ruin the game for me (what little there is).

My friends grabbed a WP from someone and are breaking vases in act IV....while avoiding mobs.

What's the point? So you can finally get gear so you can go back and do act II?...oooookay..

This. I'm actively avoiding doing just that.

It will ruin the game for me (what little there is).

My friends grabbed a WP from someone and are breaking vases in act IV....while avoiding mobs.

What's the point? So you can finally get gear so you can go back and do act II?...oooookay..

First time playing a Diablo game? That's pretty much the name of the game. People play it for years more or less like this.

At least, that's my understanding. (it's also my first Diablo game).

and tbh, I've already gotten my money's worth in terms of time spent playing.

Finally made it to Inferno Belial as a solo wizard post nerfs. Best I could do was 50% final phase after I brought in my friend on monk. Ready to strangle kittens.

No. Not even close

oh? I thought this was just how the game works. farm until you find/trade for/buy the items you need to be strong enough to move forward.

without getting my friends to magically teleport me to a later act to get gear to do a previous one.
You still don't have to do that. But you're in a rush and want to get it done faster, so you do. You could have went back and played Act 1 or fallen back to a previous difficulty level, no?

Finally made it to Inferno Belial as a solo wizard post nerfs. Best I could do was 50% final phase after I brought in my friend on monk. Ready to strangle kittens.
welcome to the club. enjoy your stay.

(you won't be able to solo him until you have 45k-50k damage unless you have a couple of tank friends to come help. don't bang your head against the wall.)

Kyoufu

Unless they fixed it, you don't need to use WPs from friends. You just create a game on a lower difficulty, then exit, start a public game then exit that and hit resume game. You'll land on inferno difficulty at the point you wanted.

oh? I thought this was just how the game works. farm until you find/trade for/buy the items you need to be strong enough to move forward.
Not really. In the previous games you were able to find gear that your character can actually use without having to trade or buy items at all if you didn't want to.

You still don't have to do that. But you're in a rush and want to get it done faster, so you do. You could have went back and played Act 1 or fallen back to a previous difficulty level, no?
I am farming act I. All that fancy loot that you are buying off of the AH (all of the 800 dps with 500 life on hit) is not from act 1.

And you definitely aren't going to get the gear to do act 2 inferno from hell.

Unless they fixed it, you don't need to use WPs from friends. You just create a game on a lower difficulty, then exit, start a public game then exit that and hit resume game. You'll land on inferno difficulty at the point you wanted.

I do it slightly differently, but you're correct.

Not really. In the previous games you were able to find gear that your character can actually use without having to trade or buy items at all if you didn't want to.
I see. I guess this is part of their plan to monetize it.

I am farming act I. All that fancy loot that you are buying off of the AH (all of the 800 dps with 500 life on hit) is not from act 1.

And you definitely aren't going to get the gear to do act 2 inferno from hell.
Word. I can't confirm/deny that it's *impossible* to get the kind of drop you need in Act I, but I can certainly say I've not gotten a drop good enough to get me through the final boss.

it's unfortunate, but yea. they want us spending money on items. good thing gold is rather plentiful.

Jinko

I've decided to let diablo 3 rest until they adressed some issues like itemization etc, i dont feel the game is worth much more of my time in its current state (act 1 inferno btw)

Feeling the same way, the lack of any kind of balance in Inferno and the craptastic itemisation has put me off playing all together.

It's like the whole game is one giant RNG, pretty lazy development if you ask me.

LCGeek

formerly sane
Feeling the same way, the lack of any kind of balance in Inferno and the craptastic itemisation has put me off playing all together.

It's like the whole game is one giant RNG, pretty lazy development if you ask me.

Summed it up. I almost to 55 and beat hell. After seeing inferno and the bs in there just said f it. Compared to D2 or even D1 be it solo or mp the balance is shit at the higher levels and I don't see how blizzard seriously thought this was acceptable.

Summed it up. I almost to 55 and beat hell. After seeing inferno and the bs in there just said f it. Compared to D2 or even D1 be it solo or mp the balance is shit at the higher levels and I don't see how blizzard seriously thought this was acceptable.

I'd accept the shit difficulty if it meant no more fucking lag and stutter. That's the worst part of this game for me. This just doesn't feel like Blizzard's best foot forward. It seems so unpolished.

welcome to the club. enjoy your stay.

(you won't be able to solo him until you have 45k-50k damage unless you have a couple of tank friends to come help. don't bang your head against the wall.)

Having my friend come in on monk was the only way I could get to phase 3 reliably. I was able to get there maybe twice solo. I'm probably undergeared, but I feel like I'm better off than most, having sold two legendary drops and buying my way up to roughly 300 resist at the expense of my damage and life, which are probably too low.

Slayer-33

Liverpool-2
I'd accept the shit difficulty if it meant no more fucking lag and stutter. That's the worst part of this game for me. This just doesn't feel like Blizzard's best foot forward. It seems so unpolished.

And the nightmare drops in inferno mode, It's fucking ridiculous..

WHY is a weapon IN inferno mode dropping and has 117 dps? or 200ish dps

What the flying fuck is that? I got a 1h xbow to drop with that kind of damage on Act 2 after spending like an hour killing a few blue/yellow monster packs..

And F my avatar, D3 doesn't deserve to be my avatar at this point til they sort all the bullshit out. (lol)

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
Just hit 60 yesterday and trying inferno today during UFGT....

FUN. Need a more stable AH though and some good friends to play with...

179930_10150854240748883_507353882_9871054_659997605_n.jpg

Thrakier

It was never BAD, it just looked bland, and after 5 hours with the game, it still looks like that. People want to say it looks like a painting, ala Skyward Sword, but that doesn't make the visuals look any less flat to me. Nothing pops. Nothing stands out. Every structure has that same WoW-ish cartoony bulge to it, and the character models themselves are fairly low polygon/low detail. I really don't like how much influence WoW has had on the game.

If Titan looks like WoW, I'll be pissed.

Dark D3 is your friend. Makes the game much better looking just for the added sharpness alone.

LordCanti

Guys, if you don't want to get hosed, DO NOT POST AN ITEM WITH A LOW MINIMUM BID TO THE AH.

I just bought a pretty high DPS weapon for like 5k. When the AH went back up, it had maybe 2 minutes left on its auction. If I hadn't come along, someone would have gotten it for just over 2k. I'm pretty sure this is not what the person putting the auction up had in mind.

LCGeek

formerly sane

I won't after seeing inferno and hell mobs without much variation which is almost puzzling considering how the game was the last 2 times at that stage it's like they called it a day after a certain point. Same for the lag, lets force everyone online but not have the right infrastructure or attempt to correct things after two betas. The activision years are making me lose interest in blizzard quick.

eek5

Guys, if you don't want to get hosed, DO NOT POST AN ITEM WITH A LOW MINIMUM BID TO THE AH.

I just bought a pretty high DPS weapon for like 5k. When the AH went back up, it had maybe 2 minutes left on its auction. If I hadn't come along, someone would have gotten it for just over 2k. I'm pretty sure this is not what the person putting the auction up had in mind.

OR someone bids on it then your auction goes INVISIBLE so no one else ever sees it again.
lol

LordCanti

OR someone bids on it then your auction goes INVISIBLE so no one else ever sees it again.
lol

That's what I'm talking about. I just bought something that did that. When I found it, it was expiring in two minutes.

If two minutes had elapsed without someone sniping it, I could have bought 1.5mil value (easily) pants for 300k. Someone purchased it for full price two minutes before it was going to expire.

This is going on all over the AH. Blizzard has royally fucked up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom