• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT3| Turn On Elective Mode, Get an Authenticator

Status
Not open for further replies.

LordCanti

Sort of. It's still completely shitting the bed right now though.

It's down again. Right before it went down, I noticed that a huge chunk of gold had gone missing from my stash. It looks like gold was taken for the stuff I missed out on, but no items ever delivered, and it never gave me the "your bid has been accepted" screen.

I'm talking...a lot of gold here lol.

haha, back up and STILL shitting the bed? I thought that was why they took it down in the first place! Oh Blizz, you so crazy. =/

It's been up and down like three times tonight. They never should have brought it back online.

Those should come back as bid failed refunds

I hope so. It never even acted like my bids had gone through. It just error messaged out every time.

eek5

It's down again. Right before it went down, I noticed that a huge chunk of gold had gone missing from my stash. It looks like gold was taken for the stuff I missed out on, but no items ever delivered, and it never gave me the "your bid has been accepted" screen.

I'm talking...a lot of gold here lol.

Those should come back as bid failed refunds

Riggs

Banned
That's what I'm talking about. I just bought something that did that. When I found it, it was expiring in two minutes.

If two minutes had elapsed without someone sniping it, I could have bought 1.5mil value (easily) pants for 300k. Someone purchased it for full price two minutes before it was going to expire.

This is going on all over the AH. Blizzard has royally fucked up.

Maybe its the extreme lack of sleep, but I don't follow.

LordCanti

Maybe its the extreme lack of sleep, but I don't follow.

Let's say you put up an item worth about 1 mil for a 1 mil buyout, and 100,000 starting bid (lol, it will go up from there of course! Or so you think).

Thanks to the AH's horrible code (I guess), your item disappears from the lists and no one can bid on it. Then, with two minutes left on it (and the minimum bid still at 100,000) it reappears on the auction house. Someone bids 101,000 (or whatever), and gets your million dollar item for 100,000.

If the auctions I saw before the AH died go through, there are going to be a lot of angry people come tomorrow, when they see their epic loot that sold for nothing.

It's the buggiest, most POS part of this game for sure. It crashes all the time. [Referring to the AH]

It was pretty crappy in beta too, and hasn't improved much since then.

For current Auction House disappearing item and the like woes, see:

http://www.reddit.com/r/Diablo/comments/u6uak/psa_auction_house_is_broken_items_not_showing_up/

For comments general drop rates/itemization in relation to the AH, see:

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/5150112701?page=2#33

Drop rates are balanced with the use of the AH in mind.

You may also be interested in reading Bashiok's other comments in that thread, which can be found easily here:

http://www.diablofans.com/blizz-tracker/topic/224875-so-has-blizzard-given-up-or/

There will be a dev blog post on Monday that should be pretty illuminating for a variety of subjects.

Sh1ner

Anyhow following Diablo 3 pre launch has been boring for me, the videos for each class did not entertain me but the initial unveiling did. So I have not followed Diablo 3 breadcrumbs or information as some of you folks have.

My review of the game:
First thing that caught me off guard is how amazing is looks graphically. I do wish the game had ambient occlusion options in the game. I know Nvidia users can force it through drivers but I am a petty ATI user, Love the cloth animation involved, the physics, character animations are all outstanding. This stuff really appeals to me.

World design and character design is above and beyond, I am not a Blizzard devotee, I bought star craft 2 but I was not feeling the art style as much as I am here.

Gameplay itself is excellent, sometimes I do warp once or twice back a few paces from lag which is off putting but it hardly happens.

But… I need Gaf to weigh in on this
My only gripe is that I am act 1 and I am tearing everything apart with no real challenge. I am level 10 and I have just had the first story character death
poor old wizard dude!
. I would like to know if I should knock up the difficulty? Even the first boss was a chump
skeleton king
as I only had to use 2 minor potions whilst fighting him.

So my question is guys, do I bump up the difficulty as I am having such an easy time? Or should I wait until art 2 where I have things get real? I have been crafting magic items for my character and nearly everything that I am wearing has 3 magical properties. My magical property I am trying to push for is “chance of finding more magical items” I am overall at 25% chance of finding more magical items now.

Bottom line, game is meeting and beating my expectations. I am loving it! Now to convince my mates to buy it.

Thrakier

Anyhow following Diablo 3 pre launch has been boring for me, the videos for each class did not entertain me but the initial unveiling did. So I have not followed Diablo 3 breadcrumbs or information as some of you folks have.

My review of the game:
First thing that caught me off guard is how amazing is looks graphically. I do wish the game had ambient occlusion options in the game. I know Nvidia users can force it through drivers but I am a petty ATI user, Love the cloth animation involved, the physics, character animations are all outstanding. This stuff really appeals to me.

World design and character design is above and beyond, I am not a Blizzard devotee, I bought star craft 2 but I was not feeling the art style as much as I am here.

Gameplay itself is excellent, sometimes I do warp once or twice back a few paces from lag which is off putting but it hardly happens.

But… I need Gaf to weigh in on this
My only gripe is that I am act 1 and I am tearing everything apart with no real challenge. I am level 10 and I have just had the first story character death
poor old wizard dude!
. I would like to know if I should knock up the difficulty? Even the first boss was a chump
skeleton king
as I only had to use 2 minor potions whilst fighting him.

So my question is guys, do I bump up the difficulty as I am having such an easy time? Or should I wait until art 2 where I have things get real? I have been crafting magic items for my character and nearly everything that I am wearing has 3 magical properties. My magical property I am trying to push for is “chance of finding more magical items” I am overall at 25% chance of finding more magical items now.

Bottom line, game is meeting and beating my expectations. I am loving it! Now to convince my mates to buy it.

You can't choose a higher difficulty until you completed normal.

Rufus

You don't bump up anything yourself, you have to play through the game for that, after which you go to nightmare difficulty (then hell, then broken).
Though now that you are level 10 you can start a hardcore character, which get wiped upon death, with no way to recover them.

Wedge7

More of a question I suppose to the monks, regarding armor, but obviously +Resistance to all is an important stat for your items in Inferno, but is the actual stat that you prefer dex or vitality? Obviously +dex is for damage, but do you just want to stack +vit to survive?

Also, if an item has +resistance to all, but also +physical resistance, for instance +10 to all resistances, +10 physical resistance, would the total physical resistance of that item be +20?

Sh1ner

:| ffs they locked the higher difficulties. Not cool bro. I just feel quite invunerable at the mo. Can I expect the difficulty to challenge me on normal at some point right? RIGHT GUYS? = (

equil

Anyone know what this could be worth?

MtDxC.png

Thoraxes

:| ffs they locked the higher difficulties. Not cool bro. I just feel quite invunerable at the mo. Can I expect the difficulty to challenge me on normal at some point right? RIGHT GUYS? = (

Your character level carries through each difficulty.

I wouldn't call normal hard, nor nightmare, but hell gets fun.

I recommend playing with bros as this alleviates the boredom of the first two difficulties.

Whose idea was invulnerable?

Why?

I suppose because it's a mechanic that requires some strategy to overcome (shielding/invulnerable minions).

Significantly reduced damage, say in about the 90% range, would probably work just as well or better, but it's harder to convey that to players. People may also end up deciding to just power through such a mechanic anyway, even if it's theoretically easier to just go along with the mechanic. (The group I was playing with at the time abused a reduced damage, but not invulnerable mechanic when working on Headed South in WoW within the first week or two of Cataclysm's launch, when it was pretty damn difficult otherwise.

colinp

Banned
I love buying at wholesale prices on the AH and then selling them back at wholesale prices when I upgrade. <3 <3 <3 this game and the AH.

Might have been because I came across my first stupid combination just before

I think it was fast/waller/molten and the minions were invulnerable. Took about 4 deaths before I decided fuck it.

Worst of all the champ healed after each attempt. Truly fucking stupid

Lokbob

I don't want Primary Skill on Left click .____________.
Those poor controls already got me killed a dozen times now ...

Loving the game, on act 3 now, 1 quibble that does annoy me a bit ...

The butcher was a typical arena style boss fight :( Not the "oh shit ive just walked in on a mean mother fucker who wants to kill me", every boss has seemed like a grand arena fight rather than stumbling upon their lair.

Minor issue, but one thats stuck out at me. Kinda like what they did with Tomb Raider Anniversary.

LordCanti

Not bad... Yesterday I sold 6 items for 1.5 million gold total. ^^

I think most of my auctions went invisible =/ They all ended without bids, and the stuff was priced accordingly.

The weekend has been bad for AH business. Price per DPS on weapons has been dropping dramatically. A weapon that would have cost 250 a few days ago is 150 now. There is just too much volume. I'm glad I only bought the most incredibly under priced items, or I'd be underwater right now.

My only issue right now is that I've got like...20 things to peddle.

This is the only fun I'm still having with the game in Inferno

patientx

Guys, I don't know if this is the place to make a request but does any of you have a spare guest pass? I want to show the game to one of my friends and since I bought in digitally I didnt get a pass. Can someone spare me one ?

Damage scalling at lvl 4x is pretty crazy.

At 44 i got a bow which gave me 3800 dps for like 1k gold, now i'm 47 and with another cheap (<20k ) bow i'm getting 5800 dps.

But when do you start getting tomes of jewelcrafting needed for higher level upgrades ?

I'm at act 3 nightmare and still only get pages...

Guys, I don't know if this is the place to make a request but does any of you have a spare guest pass? I want to show the game to one of my friends and since I bought in digitally I didnt get a pass. Can someone spare me one ?

theres a thread for it. I gave 2 away yesterday but not sure if they were both claimed or not....

chris-013

Damage scalling at lvl 4x is pretty crazy.

At 44 i got a bow which gave me 3800 dps for like 1k gold, now i'm 47 and with another cheap (<20k ) bow i'm getting 5800 dps.

But when do you start getting tomes of jewelcrafting needed for higher level upgrades ?

I'm at act 3 nightmare and still only get pages...

Hell than Inferno, you can only upgrade one or two gems per difficulty..
But don't bother I lost 320k to craft a radiant square gem... I will never do that again !

Hell than Inferno, you can only upgrade one or two gems per difficulty..
But don't bother I lost 320k to craft a radiant square gem... I will never do that again !

Ouch that sux. I wanted to create as high as possible red gem and put it into helmet to speed up leveling of my secondary chars.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
G'morning D3GAF.

NA Auction House, stable or not today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom