• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT3| Turn On Elective Mode, Get an Authenticator

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shadow780

Get something to rest your wrist on instead. Use something you've got lying around to try it out.

I have a wrist rest already, my problem is being a claw that most of my fingers are in the air when clicking and it gets tiring after a while.

Yeah yeah stop playing, NO

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
The poison darts build wasn't so much a build as it was just %AS stacking. He'd die in a second to a single mob and all he was using was Grasping Death/Spirit Walk.

Zzoram

I'm stuck in NM Act 2 with my lvl43 WD because Belial is impossible, I have 30MF but I never find good loot.

What's the best build for fighting Belial at my level?

bogg

eNpHO.jpg

Current Stats on my Monk. It's actually a little higher because I typically have a Life Gem and a DEX/All Resist Ring equipped in those slots but I swapped over for a little bit of MF for the minibosses in Act IV Inferno.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/monk#aZXigh!YXU!ZZbZYc

Is my current skill layout. For the minibosses, I swap in Seven-Sided Strike with Pandemonium instead of Tail Kick. I forgot to but I'll probably swap in Blinding Flash with Searing Light instead of Sweeping Wind for the mini-bosses.

How are you doing this? I'm at 475 resist, similar stats as you other then lower dps, and i can't get through act 2.

Rufus

I have a wrist rest already, my problem is being a claw that most of my fingers are in the air when clicking and it gets tiring after a while.

Yeah yeah stop playing, NO
You could bind the mouse buttons to keyboard keys instead and just use the cursor to point. Then switch back once you're rested. Actually, no, I'm an idiot.

I claw with even a fairly big mouse (MX400), not sure if getting a new one is going to help if it's just ingrained in you like with me.

Finalow

The poison darts build wasn't so much a build as it was just %AS stacking. He'd die in a second to a single mob and all he was using was Grasping Death/Spirit Walk.
with poison darts you're a killing machine, no points in doing somethinge else since you still die after 2 hits.
also with poisong darts + spirit walk you can still make the zombie bears build and rape more.

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
So he was dying all the time, or he would if he couldn't kite?
All the time. It was painful to watch. Not only was it mind numbingly boring (splinters the only source of damage), but he'd forget Horrify was on his bar and let one of the act 3 spider/scorpion one shot him.

This commentary tainted by my usual disapointment with WD skill versatility and bland primaries.

Won

Someone tell me how a demon hunter is supposed kill dune trashers in act 2. Those damned things won't surface until it's time to OHKO me.

Hmm, they are more annoying than actually deadly. My follower usually tanks them for me I think.

So try as I may last night I cannot beat
Diablo
on nightmare by myself. I'm a DH and he prevents the Templar I've been using from entering the fight so he goes straight for my glass cannon hide. I can smoke screen twice, sacrifice to get more dicipline, and use a single potion but that only protects me from 5 hits total. I can't even get past his first form.

I'm not sure what to do at this point. Do I start swapping all my dex gear for vit? Is there a good strategy for him?

chris-013

Audίoboxer;38243720 said:
Just got my first legendary drop on normal off a corpse on the ground! :D

Any idea what to sell for? It's worse than what I have equipped, but pretty awesome for a lvl 18 char

Screenshot000.jpg

Eu or US server ?

chris-013

So try as I may last night I cannot beat
Diablo
on nightmare by myself. I'm a DH and he prevents the Templar I've been using from entering the fight so he goes straight for my glass cannon hide. I can smoke screen twice, sacrifice to get more dicipline, and use a single potion but that only protects me from 5 hits total. I can't even get past his first form.

I'm not sure what to do at this point. Do I start swapping all my dex gear for vit? Is there a good strategy for him?

Don't get hit -> spam hungering arrow + impale stun -> loot !

Rufus

Don't pretty much all (viable) WDs die to a single mob and use SW to run away ? And yes, it's not an entirely new build, but it's still a different approach than ZB+VQ, there don't seem to be too many builds out there right now.
I'm struggling to stay alive in Hell 2. Mortar? Dead. Vortex? Dead. Waller? Dead. Jailer + Frost, which I've encountered a lot, dead. I basically have to pray for weak affixes.
Don't see what other builds I could be trying. I need insane vitality or an extremely potent lighting rod, none of which I have. Or a much lower cooldown on hex and mass confusion, so that I could just keep them off me better.

Totakeke

I'm starting to believe that farming act 1 inferno is a fool's errand. Look at all those 700-900+dps weapons selling for less than 10k at the AH. Unless you can tear through the mobs easily, you're better off dropping to hell and tear through mobs with gold find. Gold is much better. I think we'll continue to see that as a pattern of progression and eventually 1000+dps weapons will drop heavily too.

Maybe I should take a week off this game.

eek5

Is this shield worth anything because of the block % ?

ibczGeoDb6etVu.jpg

Block % goes up to 9 on shield. Some shields can roll 20% chance to block without the affix so having block but still being under 20 doesn't really make it valuable unless it gets it really close and you have really good affixes to make up for it (all resist, vita,, armor, etc).

At level 22 people probably don't use shields as much anyway so I'm not sure what kind of demand an item like that would have.

Shouta

How are you doing this? I'm at 475 resist, similar stats as you other then lower dps, and i can't get through act 2.

You got Life Per Spirit Point gear? That boosts your Transcendence so you gain enough more life each time you pop a Mantra or an ability. My main hand weapon has 55 of it so I get 110+ allowing me to heal when pretty nicely. After that, it's mostly a cat/mouse game with the mobs most of the time, aggressive use of Serenity/Ascension and my shield has 35% block on it.

I also have 550 Resist and 30k HP normally, just had a bit of MF on in that.

Totakeke

Well, if the really kill you in one hit than it's not time for Act II yet. :p
But I just checked, they have a pretty "big" delay between surfacing and attacking.

Ah okay. I was checking the surroundings whether it's possible to farm Maghda with 5 NV buffs, but the mob selection for elite spawns are pretty bad.

eek5

I'm starting to believe that farming act 1 inferno is a fool's errand. Look at all those 700-900+dps weapons selling for less than 10k at the AH. Unless you can tear through the mobs easily, you're better off dropping to hell and tear through mobs with gold find. Gold is much better. I think we'll continue to see that as a pattern of progression and eventually 1000+dps weapons will drop heavily too.

Maybe I should take a week off this game.

You're right. I actually haven't found anything worth a damn in all my runs in A1i except for some legendaries. You're probably better gearing down with insane GF% (200+), getting a 5 stack of Nephilim Valor (275+) and just clearing entire areas of Act 4.

You only really need decent gear for A4h and GF% doesn't seem like a very sought after stat so you could probably buff the shit out of it for cheap and just farm gold.

So I just logged in and all of my equipment except for a ring and all of my stash except for some blacksmith pages and materials are gone. Does this mean I was hacked? I didn't have an authenticator but I also never joined a public game.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
So I just logged in and all of my equipment except for a ring and all of my stash except for some blacksmith pages and materials are gone. Does this mean I was hacked? I didn't have an authenticator but I also never joined a public game.
Yeah, you've been hacked. Sorry.

KarmaCow

What's the poison dart build?

It's basically just using Poison Darts' huge range to kill rather than getting up close with Zombie Bears. Pierce the Veil's 20% damage boost is basically free with the build since your damage comes from Poison Darts. All you need is Poison Darts/Splinters, Grasp of the Dead and Wall of Zombies with the extra slow runes.

Would also appreciate this, Cheers.

I think it's this.

Lexxon

Yeah I can search but I always time out when I try to buy something... And then after 2-3 attempts the item is sold....fucking annoying.

I was very very dumb and was trying to buy a new 2h for my 33 barb...each time I'd try to buy it, it'd hang, time out, then say it was no longer available. I did this SIX TIMES.

Guess who re-logged, is much poorer, and has six 2h weapons now?

-_-

Thankfully none were over 3k. I was being cheap.

Megasoum

Banned
I was very very dumb and was trying to buy a new 2h for my 33 barb...each time I'd try to buy it, it'd hang, time out, then say it was no longer available. I did this SIX TIMES.

Guess who re-logged, is much poorer, and has six 2h weapons now?

-_-

Thankfully none were over 3k. I was being cheap.

.......FUCK....I just noticed that my balance is now 100 000 lower.... fuuuccckkkk

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Been online a couple of hours today but I'm so tired to actually do anything :( Just browsing the AH...

Bakphoon

Hi there, I was lurking your thread for a while but now I decided to post too.

I guess i will post my char( Level 43, NM, Act 2):

screenshot071agdajw.jpg

I don't have many ideas how to improve my character :/

Lexxon

.......FUCK....I just noticed that my balance is now 100 000 lower.... fuuuccckkkk

If it makes you feel better, the items ARE there. I was still in the AH when everything went "down". Things were very slow to get to stash, but I got the best weapon of the bunch out and onto my barb.

But if you were doing what I was doing, you'll have multiples of one slot :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom