• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT3| Turn On Elective Mode, Get an Authenticator

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bakphoon

Invisible dye on the helm.

Can't dye it because its legendary.

screenshot072abvuu4.jpg

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
103-366 off-hand (source) for my sorc... but I can't find any higher damage source in the auction house. Does that mean it's worth a couple of million? :lol

Zampano

Damnit I let some randoms into my game on Act IV just to see what the co-op was like and they proceeded to skip a load of the story bits.
Suddenly that angel guy just dropped dead and I don't know why.

Finished my normal run through with my monk at lvl 32 though - on to nightmare!

Blitzhex

Dunno if it's alright to put this here, but I'd like to sell some stuff for cheap (I think) to gaffers.

stafflolwqubb.png

Staff - 200k

macelolcv7k8.png

Mace - 350k

Shoot me a PM.

Edit: Forgot to add, I'm EU.

inky

Well, there goes my epic bid for a 700dps 1-H rare axe with pretty good stats (+ a socket). Been following this one for almost 2 days (and I'm pretty sure it was "invis" because I only got a couple of sporadic counter-bids) but it wouldn't accept my new winning bid (which was about 80k mind you) and now the AH is down. Will never find as cheap a weapon again. This is like the third item I lose due to this bullshit, plus I have like 5 shields I bought because, well, guess payment did go through after all. At least a couple of them are decent I guess.

Oh yes, I was using this but I think I better sell it and get some bargains for A2 inferno, I think it's pretty good. I don't think I'll find a good replacement for cheap though, so I might keep it even with the lack of STR. What do you guys think? That's the best drop I've got yet.

PQyJB.png

does anyone know if the passive guiding light procs when i use Breath of heaven>Blaxing wrath. Does the effect accumulate or cumulative (33% boost in all dmg for or 31%)

Ploid 3.0

Well, there goes my epic bid for a 700dps 1-H rare axe with pretty good stats (+ a socket). Been following this one for almost 2 days (and I'm pretty sure it was "invis" because I only got a couple of sporadic counter-bids) but it wouldn't accept my new winning bid (which was about 80k mind you) and now the AH is down. Will never find as cheap a weapon again. This is like the third item I lose due to this bullshit, plus I have like 5 shields I bought because, well, guess payment did go through after all. At least a couple of them are decent I guess.

Oh yes, I was using this but I think I better sell it and get some bargains for A2 inferno, I think it's pretty good. I don't think I'll find a good replacement for cheap though, so I might keep it even with the lack of STR. What do you guys think? That's the best drop I've got yet.

PQyJB.p

Oh my!

Won

PQyJB.png

Damn, it has like a bit of everything.

Totakeke

PQyJB.png

AH is down so I can't check for you :lol, but where did that amulet drop?

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
En2os.png

Act 4 elite, took like 15 minutes to get her to that health. Then she enraged and now she's impossible to kill.

Yes btw, that's 168 million health.

TheExodu5

Banned
Playing a pure spirit build now on my Witch Doctor. Doesn't kill as fast, but is infinitely more survivable than anything else I've tried.

spiritbuild.png

Dahbomb

So try as I may last night I cannot beat
Diablo
on nightmare by myself. I'm a DH and he prevents the Templar I've been using from entering the fight so he goes straight for my glass cannon hide. I can smoke screen twice, sacrifice to get more dicipline, and use a single potion but that only protects me from 5 hits total. I can't even get past his first form.

I'm not sure what to do at this point. Do I start swapping all my dex gear for vit? Is there a good strategy for him?
Use Bola Shot on Thunder Ball (the one that stuns) and have the Preparation ability with the rune that heals you.

DR3AM

Dreams of a world where inflated review scores save studios
quick question, i have d3 installed one 1 computer, my new pc should be here next week, can i just moved the whole d3 folder to the new pc or do i need to download it again?

anyone?

The items that I bought last night came in this morning yay, including a nice 984.3dps bow with some dex, a socket, and 24 IAS (but now the AH is broken again, sigh Blizz)

48767.37 damage with no sharpshooter. My old bow had a lot of vit though, and I lost some vit on a ring slot as well, so only 24.6k HP... but, you know, whatever, Demon Hunters fuck yeah! canttouchthis

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/5149542352?page=1#6

Blizzard said:
Again, compromising game accounts is a big business in some countries. They have people on their payroll who spread false rumors of "hacked through my authenticator" just to try to discourage people from using them. We charge $6.50 for the physical authenticator, because that's exactly what it costs us to make them. The mobile one is free because we don't have to pay a factory to build them. Use them, and enjoy your gaming without someone mucking with your stuff.

If Blizzard admits that authenticators are truly required to safely play Diablo 3 then every copy of the game should include one and nobody should be able to log in without one.

Between the intermittent availability of the game's various features and the large number of compromised accounts I've lost a lot of respect for Blizzard.

If Blizzard admits that authenticators are truly required to safely play Diablo 3 then every copy of the game should include one and nobody should be able to log in without one.
They might not include one in the retail box, but it is still pretty much free with a phone.

I can see why you hate them, but honestly if every other game companies had the same RMT problems as Blizzard, they'd all ask you to get that extra security too.

Between the intermittent availability of the game's various features and the large number of compromised accounts I've lost a lot of respect for Blizzard.

Blizzard is now wearing a tin foil hat "giant conspiracy against authenticators!"

Seriously though, Blizzard has never been fantastic with its security.

SyNapSe

This isn't a problem unique to Blizzard and they provide free authenticators. I can't imagine your bank's online service doesn't have some sort of 3rd authentication mechanism.

I have all of my Google accounts tied into the Google Authenticator. If someone were to get into my email they could reset all sorts of my passwords attached to a myriad of services so I can't take that risk.

Dahbomb

So is the Dark 3D filter against Blizzard TOS? Does it damage the game in any way?
I used it. According to their TOS they have confirmed it isn't against their TOS and thus isn't bannable as it isn't a cheat.

It doesn't really damage the game but on lower end PCs/laptops it might give you performance issues. It does look great though. Also be aware that you need DX9 for it.

It's basically just using Poison Darts' huge range to kill rather than getting up close with Zombie Bears. Pierce the Veil's 20% damage boost is basically free with the build since your damage comes from Poison Darts. All you need is Poison Darts/Splinters, Grasp of the Dead and Wall of Zombies with the extra slow runes.

I think it's this.

Guess I'm doing this for a bit lol

Use a better password then 123 then.

Do we know that this is how all accounts are being taken?

Woo-Fu

Banned

Blizzard didn't admit that. What they did admit, "We can't stop you from doing stupid shit but if you use an authenticator which we'll sell you at cost IT might save you from all of the stupid shit you're doing."

Stop being obtuse. This is pc and password security 101. People with strong passwords and uncompromised PCs aren't getting hacked(cracked is the better term but popular media used hack instead of crack and the masses latched onto it.)

You see it happening most often to blizzard for the same reason you see a lot more malware/virus on PC then on Apple. Largest number of people to attack, largest market to sell anything you gain from the attack is the one that is going to get the most fraud.

People trying to blame Blizzard's security policies don't really understand the technology or the mindset of the people involved. If I want Diablo 3 passwords I don't attack Diablo 3 clients, servers, or battle.net itself, I target the PCs of the users, the PCs running operating systems and applications with known exploits, know exploits that I already have tools for. Then I take into consideration the split among the users, those with authenticators and those without. Those without are much easier to compromise and there are plenty of them so that is where I devote my resources. It boils down to "low-hanging fruit". Take the steps to make sure you're not a low-hanging fruit and you are as secure as you can get. NOTE: I'm just presenting the thought processes of the people committing the fraud, I'm not one of them. :)

Hoo-doo

Banned
Man, i'm scared even with an authenticator attached. The amount of account theft in these threads alone is really surprising.

The real-money auction house that's coming must be like Shangri-la for digital thieves and account traders.

This isn't a problem unique to Blizzard and they provide free authenticators. I can't imagine your bank's online service doesn't have some sort of 3rd authentication mechanism.

I have all of my Google accounts tied into the Google Authenticator. If someone were to get into my email they could reset all sorts of my passwords attached to a myriad of services so I can't take that risk.

Banks are very good at their online security in comparison to other industries. Most of their security is done where the end user never has to be involved. Reason why most banks still use username and password.

En2os.png

Act 4 elite, took like 15 minutes to get her to that health. Then she enraged and now she's impossible to kill.

Yes btw, that's 168 million health.

Reasons like this is why I quit inferno. The tediousness combined with huge risk/no reward is probably the biggest downer I've had in a video game in years. Replaying new characters on normal and nightmare is that mobs health times more fun....and when that is done, yeah. Game's replayability for me is not sitting too well at the moment and I don't think it will change any time soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom