• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT3| Turn On Elective Mode, Get an Authenticator

Status
Not open for further replies.

SyNapSe

See if I would be mad at anything it's the fact that the program doesn't lock you out after 5 attempts or something? Seriously, what the fuck?

Seriously people would go crazy if their accounts got locked out. And..

The brute forces would just keep locking your account out over and over.

If that weren't an issue you'd have players griefing each other by locking out others accounts.

Jubbly

I think there's some kind of bug when it comes to elites. My group tried to take one down in act 4 on hardcore and it was impossible to take it down because the health bar doesn't go anywhere below half.

If it was a Vampiric enemy they were probably vamping back the health faster than you could deplete it.

Instro

Already posted ?

4275577_700b.jpg

I would play as an alien president with sunglasses.

zlatko

Banned
The waterways in Act II lined with champ packs are fiendish on Hell

Try to kite one and you aggro another

Kite more and there's another one on top of that

It's beautiful

To comment somewhat on elites and Hell, I'm the only one when I open my games up to the public that lives as my Monk. That build Hazaro posted last night is great. It's fucking crazy though when I have a champion/elite that does the multiple split ability and I'm the only one who can survive and just take the onsalught as I rotate through my healing abilities. Even funnier when I'm the only one who survives when ice bombs drop by doing tempest rush to gtfo.

There's hope for this class yet.

FtHTiny

I think there's some kind of bug when it comes to elites. My group tried to take one down in act 4 on hardcore and it was impossible to take it down because the health bar doesn't go anywhere below half.

i seem to hit this bug with some illusionist champions.
Everytime he uses illusions the champ gains like 100k overall health and if you aren´t possible to dps against it it´s unkillable.
Really annoying.

Killer

Banned
If it was a Vampiric enemy they were probably vamping back the health faster than you could deplete it.

I don't think that was the case. we were going at it for more than 10-15 min. I remember i faced the same problem in act 2 solo on normal
that one zombie in the dungeon mid desert.

i seem to hit this bug with some illusionist champions.
Everytime he uses illusions the champ gains like 100k overall health and if you aren´t possible to dps against it it´s unkillable.
Really annoying.

Fuck. that might actually be it. The one in act 4 were stacking on each other(monster with big tentacles ).

theta11

He's still farming. I doubt he can finish it anytime soon.

I think he's farming in vain, unless he's just farming gold. The gear you find in Act I just can't prepare you for Act II. Most people get into Act II by using the AH to upgrade to what is available beyond that Act.

JoeMartin

What kind of passwords are you guys using to be getting hacked?!

edit: If you are using a password that is extremely simple and doesn't have a combination of upper and lower case letters, numbers, and special characters, you deserve to be hacked. Any word found in a dictionary is a bad password.

password_strength.png

Macmanus

I had six items under completed Auctions yesterday at log off and now I have none. Is it safe to assume the AH is fucked right now or should I go into panic mode?

buhdeh

I don't get it, I'm running an i3 2120, 7770 OC and 8GB of RAM and Diablo 3 still dips to 30FPS at times. How is this even possible? The game doesn't even look that great.

I don't get it, I'm running an i3 2120, 7770 OC and 8GB of RAM and Diablo 3 still dips to 30FPS at times. How is this even possible? The game doesn't even look that great.

bad optimization is bad.

hell, maybe the engine itself is bad. I admit wondering several times what this game would have looked like in terms of visuals and performance if Valve had made it.

jns

Man fuck this AH. I'm pretty sure I just lost a bunch of cash. If the thing is fucked, why dont blizz just boot everyone out till they fix it? It's bad enough they make us use it to get any decent gear, but dont take my hard-grinded money asshats!

Unicorn

The Attack Speed and Crit Damage make it a good ring for DH. The main stat isn't that important.
It is INSANE how much an ASI% can do for your damage compared to a Primary Attrib bonus. ~15% ASI is on par with ~150 stat bonus, perhaps even more.

Well... Now I've definitely hit a big, big roadblock. I'm in inferno Act 2 at Alcarnus and I get completely destroyed by almost every pack. I'm playing as barbarian with 38k HP, ~9000 armor, ~8500 dps and over 600 resistance to all with shout.

This kind of sucks to be honest since it feels the game won't let me progress without laying down millions and millions on items on AH, and I have no way of getting the gear myself.

So I would like to start a monk and I am not sure on what I should focus on for the monk. Vit, Def, resistance etc. if anyone could provide some info I would appreciate it. Also is it true that they are under powered?

bad optimization is bad.

hell, maybe the engine itself is bad. I admit wondering several times what this game would have looked like in terms of visuals and performance if Valve had made it.

I have a lot of stutters with my i7 3770 16 GB ram and a GF 560 GTX ._. The engine is realy bad.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Athene wins the race!

ACE 1991

About halfway through nightmare, and although I absolutely love the combat I don't think Diablo III is going to be able to hold my attention in the long run since the auction house totally destroys the item hunt aspect of this game. Such a shame.

Hanzou

hmm. Im running and i5 with a 4.5 year old 8800GT and the game runs perfect at max except for the sewers where it hitches up.

Athene wins the race!
Hm?

About halfway through nightmare, and although I absolutely love the combat I don't think Diablo III is going to be able to hold my attention in the long run since the auction house totally destroys the item hunt aspect of this game. Such a shame.

This is why I have always played untwinked. Even in D2, you usually just traded for what you needed instead of farming it yourself.

zlatko

Banned
So I would like to start a monk and I am not sure on what I should focus on for the monk. Vit, Def, resistance etc. if anyone could provide some info I would appreciate it. Also is it true that they are under powered?

They do seem to be the weakest class at the moment, but they are fun to play.

As far as stat wise, DEX is the prime focus especially with one of their traits you can equip letting you convert 100% of your DEX to armor as well. Let's you gain damage and defense from 1 stat instead of 2.

Otherwise VIT is good, high armor equip, and attack speed. You'll face roll pretty much everything up to Hell though.

Well... Now I've definitely hit a big, big roadblock. I'm in inferno Act 2 at Alcarnus and I get completely destroyed by almost every pack. I'm playing as barbarian with 38k HP, ~9000 armor, ~8500 dps and over 600 resistance to all with shout.

This kind of sucks to be honest since it feels the game won't let me progress without laying down millions and millions on items on AH, and I have no way of getting the gear myself.

It can't be repeated enough: if you're getting wrecked in Act II, it's almost always because you can't deal enough damage.

You're going to need to farm some gold and hope for a wonderful drop or buy something from the Auction House. Or trade, i guess.

Twinduct

Got my first legendary today!
Shitty armor lol. Just gonna keep it around incase of some balancing coming in.

Btw can I go higher than 100% MF without a fortune buff?

Jubbly

Yep thinking of doing that.

Gold Find + 5 stacks of Nephalem Valor results in regular gold drops of 500-1000.

Personally, I recommend Act 3 Hell if you're trying to gear up for Inferno because it's far longer and there's a ton more enemies giving you more gold per hour.

JDS 2.0

Banned
Gold Find + 5 stacks of Nephalem Valor results in regular gold drops of 500-1000.

Personally, I recommend Act 3 Hell if you're trying to gear up for Inferno because it's far longer and there's a ton more enemies giving you more gold per hour.

word

spootime

Monk is great up until inferno. After that it becomes tedious and incredibly gear intensive. Im in Act 2 with friends atm and its incredibly frustrating and un-fun. From my experience monk is better solo, because in a group demons hit for 430% more and your spirit generator is based off walking up to mobs and smacking them. Monk also has no passive spirit gen unless you use shit skills/passives. So for me (i only play with a group of 4 friends) inferno act 2 consists of hitting mobs with deadly reach for 3 seconds with serenity up and then letting the dps classes (wizard, DH, witch doctor) do the work.

As for gear, just stack dex with vitality on the side till you get up inferno. After that its dex + resists all the way. Dont leave act one until you hit 500 resist across the board imo. Also, from what I've been reading the meta is switching away from sword + board into dual wielding with huge life on hit bonuses. Ive been trying it and it works great. Have fun

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom