• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT3| Turn On Elective Mode, Get an Authenticator

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brick

legendary.png

I would start the bidding at 5 million MINIMUM with no buyout option. If I were to even sell this... it's really, really good one of the few uniques I have seen that is playable.

I would even hold on to something like that until the Real Money Auction House goes live.

Ryan_

Hi guys!

After being very, very active in OT1 and then barely scratching the surface of OT2 because I was actually playing the game, I now return with the intention of being a bit more active again.

Anyway, for those of you who didn't know and who might feel a bit aggravated or dissapointed with some aspects of the game (class balance, hotfixes, what not)
you might be happy to know an anouncement is coming tomorrow with some data that Blizzard gathered but more importantly some big things they are working on for a coming patch and a rough timeframe!

This is the official post of Bashiok on the matter!

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Welcome back Ryan :) Again, it was fun playing with you for a bit today!

vaelic

Banned
Whirlwind was so good in NM/Hell. I used it with the generate 1 fury per hit and would use it in a combo with ground stomp (increased radius and suck in) to generate initial fury then just WW until everything was dead. If anything survived, I'd just use bash w/ higher fury generation to build my fury again for the next group.

I miss it and wish it was viable in Inferno. :(

Sell it and get a better 2H or dual wield while you still can. If you're on US I can give you a bunch of square gems that should increase your damage too.
I am on U.S. Add me: vaelic#1413. Thanks!

Also what should I sell it for? 75k with no bidding? What weapon(s) do you recommend I buy?

Godslay

Banned
Real talk... I am not touching RMAH even with a ten foot pole. Hackers are going to be all up in that RMAH ass.

If I lose anything in the AH, it might be a few items and some gold... losing stuff in RMAH equates to losing real money and that shit ain't right especially with how unstable everything is right now.

Isn't most (or all?), of the hacking client side? If that is the case as long as you have a decently secured system, as well as an authenticator you should be okay.

As far as it being stable, I'm sure the gold auction house is somewhat of a test to work out the kinks prior to a rmah launch. Maybe I'm being overly optimistic, but I would wager the the RMAH is going to be secure.

Ryan_

Welcome back Ryan :) Again, it was fun playing with you for a bit today!

Good to be back :)

Yea, it was fun indeed :) Just did some butcher runs with a build that resembles yours. Went great!
Again, thanks for the help ;-)

If you're up for something tomorrow night, tell me.

Hoo-doo

Banned
Kungen's group of 4 just got to Act 2 on Hardcore Inferno. AFAIK nobody else is this far. If so, they aren't being public about it.

http://www.twitch.tv/kungentv

Given his WoW history, it wouldn't surprise me in the slightest if he gets the world first.

Jesus. I can't believe people are even attempting this. I mean, you only have one shot at any boss. One shot.
If you screw up a single second or get caught with lag you just lost all your money, time and gear for nothing.

These people be crazy.

Jesus. I can't believe people are even attempting this. I mean, you only have one shot at any boss. One shot.
If you screw up a single second or get caught with lag you just lost all your money, time and gear for nothing.

These people be crazy.

Bosses are nothing. Imagine stumbling upon Arcane Frozen Waller Extra Health :)

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
40-45k hp
25k~ unbuffed dps
65k~ buffed dps

+shite resistances

= 1shotted by inferno mobs.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Corky, what skills + runes are you using?

Hoo-doo

Banned

Yeah but at least you can run from those. Bosses lock you in until either he, or your entire party dies.
I mean, even in the Diablo inferno kills I've seen people were dying left and right, and quickly got resurrected by teammates. It's going to be really fucking tense if Diablo teleports and grabs you on hardcore mode, that's for sure.

Hoo-doo

Banned
I believe there is a $250 limit per item. Last I checked anyways.

I wonder what kind of money will be floating around in that AH after it launches.
Are people really going to be that crazy to spend tens of dollars on virtual items? Even hundreds maybe for the best items in the entire game?

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
Corky, what skills + runes are you using?

Cleave + rupture
Overpower + killingspree
merciless assault + the one that resets the cooldown
stomp + wrenching stomp
beserker rage + insanity
eartquake + mountain's call

weapon master
brawler
and ruthless

... glass-fucking-cannon.

Also did I say 65k dps? I meant 75k...

Anustart

I wonder what kind of money will be floating around in that AH after it launches.
Are people really going to be that crazy to spend tens of dollars on virtual items? Even hundreds maybe for the best items in the entire game?

Go look at diablo 2 item shops. I doubt legendaries (barring right after rmah opens) would sell for much, but great rares on d2 sell for $30 or so.

Sgblues

So I just ran into Sepsis, Lord of Damnation(on inferno) and I cannot damage him or his buddies at all since they got invulnerable shield on, also fast with vortex so can't really kite on monk =(

The very best items (in ladder) went for over $2000 in Diablo 2.

There is a huge market for high-end gear, mostly because nobody wants to grind 1000 hours for that 0.001% drop chance.

Yeah but at least you can run from those. Bosses lock you in until either he, or your entire party dies.
I mean, even in the Diablo inferno kills I've seen people were dying left and right, and quickly got resurrected by teammates. It's going to be really fucking tense if Diablo teleports and grabs you on hardcore mode, that's for sure.

If they even reach Diablo that is... It will be a huge achievement if they even reach him.

scy

Anyone know? :(

Yes and no. Channeled spells (e.g., Disintegrate) is based off Weapon Speed. However, it deals damage over "cycles" that is dependent on your weapon speed so changing your weapon speed just changes when those intervals occur. Basically, two weapons with the same DPS but different attack speeds will deal the same damage. But, the Arcane drained is also tied to those intervals so faster weapons don't deal damage any faster but do drain your Arcane faster.

Skytylz

Banned
Diablo
down on Hell. Problem is, I'm still only 59. I need to hit 60 and figure out where the hell to farm items.

I like to start at Machines of War in act 3 and go all the way to the boss at the end of the act. I usually get some decent stuff killing the two bosses and it's pretty dense with enemies throughout.

eek5

Butcher is going to be a huge problem with their DPS. He's only at 8k DPS right now unless I'm missing something. Also their resists were insanely low yesterday but they were farming goblins so I'm assuming it's much better today.

Dr.Acula

Banned
Dear Google Accounts user,

We have received a request to recover your XXX@gmail.com Google Account. If you didn’t make this request and you want to stop the account recovery process, please reply to this email.

If you want to continue with the account recovery process, do not reply to this email. Any reply to this email will stop the process.

Regards,
The Google Account Recovery Team

WTF is this shit? I blame Diablo. I don't want hackers fucking with my gmail :(

Thermite

40-45k hp
25k~ unbuffed dps
65k~ buffed dps

+shite resistances

= 1shotted by inferno mobs.

Having high resistances is an absolute must for staying alive on Inferno as a barbarian; +resist to all elements and vitality takes a huge priority to DPS. You could be putting out 5 million DPS, but if you're not alive to do the damage, what does it matter? Any melee class is going to be attacked every single time they attack, right, so you really need to be able to survive.

Ourobolus

Banned
What is with this timer bullshit on elite mobs? I'm already being penalized for dying a thousand times and having to wait forever to revive while the enemy heals to full, I don't need some stupid fucking insta-kill because I'm taking too long.

Such goddamn bullshit.

Yoshichan

What is the "ladder"? How did it work in D2? Would the same thing work in 3? When is it gonna start?
They've already said D3 will never have ladder.

eek5

What is with this timer bullshit on elite mobs? I'm already being penalized for dying a thousand times and having to wait forever to revive while the enemy heals to full, I don't need some stupid fucking insta-kill because I'm taking too long.

Such goddamn bullshit.

Enrage timer. It's fucking dumb for enemies like fast,shield,nightmarish where they're either shielded, running away, or making you run away. HOW are you supposed to kill those in 3 minutes??

LukeSmith

Such goddamn bullshit.

learn to play

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom