• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT3| Turn On Elective Mode, Get an Authenticator

Status
Not open for further replies.
PVP seems to be mainly coded even if not implemented :

tkd3l.jpg

Text says "X killed Y with its competence !!Missing!!"

So I just finished my first Inferno game (solo). I wasn't expecting to make it very far with my 6k DPS, but really only one champion pack really gave me fits on my way to kill the Skeleton King. Since the Auction House currently shitting itself, I have two questions:

1) Are Inferno crafting materials worth anything? (Assuming Blizzard ever fixes commodities...) Up until now I've been vendoring everything instead of salvaging, but I'm not sure if I should continue with that in Inferno.

2) Ballpark figure on what these are worth?
163Zy.jpg
I want that :( I'll give 100K :p

Should go for a ton though. At least I think.

ToyBroker

Banned
Question for you gurus.

What causes a spell to hit harder?

The DPS of the weapon or the TOP END dmg of the weapon?

Like would a 110 DPS weapon with 90-110 wpn dmg have harder hitting spells than a 90 DPS weapon with 85-150 wpn dmg

Volodja

I've been playing completely untwinked up until now, but the difficulties I'm encountering in finding a safe place to farm stuff higher than Act 3 Hell is making me reconsider my ways.

For now I'll try and do some Azomdan runs with 5 NV to see if I have any hope of getting something that would make me able to set a firmer foot into Act 1 Inf, at least something to allow me to not be killed by 80% of the Elite packs.

vaelic

Banned
Nightmare should be a complete cakewalk for barbarians. You need some better gear and gems.

Also, give this build a shot. It allowed me to completely faceroll all the way into hell. I didn't even bother with armor buffs or defensive runes until Act 2 of hell, I just cut down everything instantly.

Link

what gem types?

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Resist all vs. Movement speed on boots, what's better?
Movement speed is (almost) exclusive to boots while resist to all elements can be gotten on every piece of equipment.

vaelic

Banned
so am I to believe after reviewing various builds, that just because you unlock runes at higher lvls that does not always mean its a better rune then one you unlocked at lower levels?

dave_m123

Well I just finished my first mainly solo run through on normal. Just over 22 hours to completion. Brilliant game have loved it. On to nightmare mode now with my Level 32 Monk.

Best looking game I played in ages :).

Wallach

so am I to believe after reviewing various builds, that just because you unlock runes at higher lvls that does not always mean its a better rune then one you unlocked at lower levels?

Correct. The idea is that they're just for different purposes. They're not quite balanced perfectly in this way, but that is the design.

Torraz

In a bit of a weird situation with my monk

~35k hp ~3800 dps unbuffed both @ level 60

Can't really farm anything solo in hell. The random drops I get are all crap (did Act 4-2 runs all day in public games). I'd rather not buy from the AH but it doesnt matter since I only have around 100k and couldnt afford anything anyways.

How can I best proceed?

LordCanti

Did they actually nerf the drops on the Act 4
Mini-Bosses, the ones that start out like people that have already died
in Inferno, or is that a myth? I've downed them ten or so times at this point and gotten pretty low level kit.

rCIZZLE

So what's the best character to solo inferno now? Can handle the most elite mobs without constant death, succeed to every act, doesn't require millions to obtain passable gear, etc.

MacAttack

Really fucking pissed.

Was looking for weapons on the AH today but everything I tried to buy was "bid timed out".

Come back two hours later and my money is gone but no items.

6 hours later still no money but I have 4X as many weapons as I wanted to buy.

FUCK

This happened to me yesterday. Luckily I was bidding on cheap items, if it was a more significant chunk of change I'd have been really pissed.

eek5

Has any blue said anything regarding life on hit not scaling down on higher difficulties? I want to make sure it isn't going to get nerfed before I try to get 1k+ life on hit :lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom