• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT3| Turn On Elective Mode, Get an Authenticator

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
I love how the AH is now filled with

"Sold
Sold
Sold
Sold
Sold
Sold
Sold
Sold
Sold
Sold
Sold
Sold
Sold
Sold
Sold
Sold
Sold
Sold
Sold
Sold
Sold"

Gj

120MF+5 stacks of NV and the loot from Act 2 Inferno is not really any better than the loot from Warden/Butcher runs per time invested. While I feel accomplished that I can easily farm Act 2 Inferno on my Monk, at the same time the risk/reward ratio for this entire endeavor feels absolutely terrible.

Ugh lifesteal isn't working out that great for my DW monk on Inferno. I think I'll go back to a shield.

I have 615 Life on Hit on my Monk w/ some attack speed increases and it's great. I can basically autoheal through the white damage on a pack of Act 2 Inferno mobs using Fists of Thunder.One caution to the stat is that it is only as good as the rest of your mitigation traits.

Wedge7

Got 2 chars to inferno, finally had a legendary drop, surprisingly, its not a piece of shit. Just about missed it, one of those classic kite a champion group all the way back to the waypoint, and I had forgotten that one of them was killed in some random location that I happnened to run across.

legendary.png

Kinda sucks that I couldnt seem to find any on the AH to get a price, at least I know its worth 2074 gold though.

zou

Something to note about those password variations numbers: No one is going to actually brute force random word permutations, that would be insane. This is different from basic dictionary attacks, since the expectation is that one of those words will actually work. So it should rather look something like (char count) ^ 52.

Instro

What's a good DPS for a WD starting hell? Haven't really run into much trouble thus far, SK battle was a bit lengthy though so I'm probably underpowered.

inky

So for people who do farming/MF runs, do yo explore every bit of the map and look for very chest, or do you simply run through elites, stack NV and go for bosses? I have this terrible addiction to breaking every barrel and picking every piece of gold I see lying around.

Ferrio

Banned
Got 2 chars to inferno, finally had a legendary drop, surprisingly, its not a piece of shit. Just about missed it, one of those classic kite a champion group all the way back to the waypoint, and I had forgotten that one of them was killed in some random location that I happnened to run across.

legendary.png

Kinda sucks that I couldnt seem to find any on the AH to get a price, at least I know its worth 2074 gold though.

I think that's going to be worth a shit load... Like 10 mil + or something. What act did it drop? By far the best amulet I've ever seen.

snack

legendary.png

This looks like it's worth a ton.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?

legendary.png

6 million, at least.

zlatko

Banned
Anyone have the Diablo III steel series mouse? Thinking about getting it for my birthday next month. $65 though.

I bought it and it's great. Only issue is you may sometimes click the buttons on the right side. Looks great, feels great, and clicks great.

Wilsongt

God DAMNIT, Blizzard. Fix your shit! I have been stuck on the Act I boss in NM mode for a few days now and I was just about to beat his sorry ass when I glitched out on the floor and couldn't move. The goddamn fire killed me. >:[

Dahbomb

legendary.png

I would start the bidding at 5 million MINIMUM with no buyout option. If I were to even sell this... it's really, really good one of the few uniques I have seen that is playable.

legendary.png

You're US ? Sells for a f**ton gold in EU. At least 5 - 8 M.

Not saying it's worth it. Just the current offer.

Dammit @ that item :'( Surely worth more

eek5

Real talk, what do people do when they are confronted with an invulnerable minion elite mob in Inferno?

I find every mob to be beatable except them, especially when they teleport/have high speed.

In Act 1 I just use sprint to kite them until they split up or if I'm in a group I'll just tank and hope I can kill. In Act 2 I cry evrytim.

Won

So for people who do farming/MF runs, do yo explore every bit of the map and look for very chest, or do you simply run through elites, stack NV and go for bosses? I have this terrible addiction to breaking every barrel and picking every piece of gold I see lying around.

Since only 1 off my Legendary/Set drops so far came from an actual boss/elite I usually try to clear the whole map, at least while doing the Butcher.

120MF+5 stacks of NV and the loot from Act 2 Inferno is not really any better than the loot from Warden/Butcher runs per time invested. While I feel accomplished that I can easily farm Act 2 Inferno on my Monk, at the same time the risk/reward ratio for this entire endeavor feels absolutely terrible.

After getting hit by an Act III Mortar I have no idea where I'm supposed to farm. Even if I find a good why to do Act II, it seems rather pointless. :/

Narag

Flip every corpse, break every barrel. I actually scored a legendary item (a crappy one) from a dead villager on the cliffs above Wortham.

eek5

It depends how much time I plan on playing that session but usually I'll build up NV then strategically save packs/elites where I know I can refresh it if I run low then I'll go exploring/clearing everything. If I get dangerously low on NV I'll go back and kill the pack I saved which allows me to do full act clears usually without ever losing NV.

Godslay

Banned
legendary.png

I would start the bidding at 5 million MINIMUM with no buyout option. If I were to even sell this... it's really, really good one of the few uniques I have seen that is playable.

At this point would a person be better off hanging on to this until the RMAH rolls out? I'd be curious as to how things change when gold is being purchased with real money. Could potentially make real cash off of it.

vaelic

Banned
GAF, please help... I am always chugging potions and dyeing... I am on act 2 nightmare mode as barbarian. please tell me what i am doing wrong. stats below. (ignore the one piece that's not socketed as I wanted to wait and see what I should socket with

Yoshichan

Who cares about real life cash when you could be swimming in dat D3 gold? Yeaaaaaaaaaah!

Thermite

legendary.png

Holy fuck, that's an awesome amulet. As everyone else is saying, you're going to be able to sell that for millions, easily. The amount of vitality and resist to all elements on an amulet is huge for barbarians. Not to mention strength.

Wedge7

Dammmmn.

All right guys, thanks for the input.

Its shit like this that makes d3 fun I guess. That random chance to hit something huge, however small the chance. I'm always convinced when I log off for the night that the next mob is hiding something sweet in his fucking greasy paws.

GAF, please help... I am always chugging potions and dyeing... I am on act 2 nightmare mode as barbarian. please tell me what i am doing wrong. stats below. (ignore the one piece that's not socketed as I wanted to wait and see what I should socket with

Your stats are weak. Get more str/vit items, more armor. Can try dual wielding and try using revenge/ ground stomp

theta11

legendary.png

AH is kinda broken, auctions with no buyout sometimes disappear meaning usually the first set of bids win.

He really should hold on to something that valuable at least until the AH stabilizes.

Hoo-doo

Banned

Nightmare should be a complete cakewalk for barbarians. You need some better gear and gems.

Also, give this build a shot. It allowed me to completely faceroll all the way into hell. I didn't even bother with armor buffs or defensive runes until Act 2 of hell, I just cut down everything instantly.

Link

Dahbomb

Good new: Got all my cash and items from AH that I bought/sold last night

Bad news: Game isn't letting me log in anymore (some 3007 error or some shit)

Dahbomb

At this point would a person be better off hanging on to this until the RMAH rolls out? I'd be curious as to how things change when gold is being purchased with real money. Could potentially make real cash off of it.
Real talk... I am not touching RMAH even with a ten foot pole. Hackers are going to be all up in that RMAH ass.

If I lose anything in the AH, it might be a few items and some gold... losing stuff in RMAH equates to losing real money and that shit ain't right especially with how unstable everything is right now.

Any Monk Inferno builds? Or tips? I'm getting absolutely wrecked in Act 1.

trait one with nothing + seize the initiative and, say, resovle or transcendence as your passive. Transcendence is better in my experience even with the higher health pools.

My progression build: http://bombch.us/Mh , earth ally is useful if you have low ( <30k HPs ) .

Gear is more important though. Upgrade with the following in mind:

All resist gear + resist gear of a specific type you stack + dex + vitality gear is optimal.
Attack speed is really superb.
Get a decent 1H weapon+shield , life on hit is very good . Shield should always have block % on it.

Your DPS will drop down at first but you can still easily do cemetary/skeleton king runs and get some upgrades or low-level AH fodder. I would expect the upgrades needed for Act I farming would run in the 150-300k range per item, but you shouldn't need a full set to get there.

eek5

Nightmare should be a complete cakewalk for barbarians. You need some better gear and gems.

Also, give this build a shot. It allowed me to completely faceroll all the way into hell. I didn't even bother with armor buffs or defensive runes until Act 2 of hell, I just cut down everything instantly.

Link
Whirlwind was so good in NM/Hell. I used it with the generate 1 fury per hit and would use it in a combo with ground stomp (increased radius and suck in) to generate initial fury then just WW until everything was dead. If anything survived, I'd just use bash w/ higher fury generation to build my fury again for the next group.

I miss it and wish it was viable in Inferno. :(

I just bought this 2h legendary weapon for 75k tho :(

Sell it and get a better 2H or dual wield while you still can. If you're on US I can give you a bunch of square gems that should increase your damage too.

He should save that item for when the Real Money AH hits, no?

I'd certainly jump at the chance to make back what I paid for the game or more.

legendary.png

DON'T sell this for gold. Wait for RMAH. Or don't sell this at all. It looks boss.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom