• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT3| Turn On Elective Mode, Get an Authenticator

Status
Not open for further replies.

arimanius

Got a monk to 18 and compared to my Barb and Wiz he doesn't have a kick ass feeling to him yet. Yet I can't quit playing him. *boggle*

Zeppelin

Kungen's group of 4 just got to Act 2 on Hardcore Inferno. AFAIK nobody else is this far. If so, they aren't being public about it.

http://www.twitch.tv/kungentv

Given his WoW history, it wouldn't surprise me in the slightest if he gets the world first.

Watching him play makes me think he'll make it. That man has so much patience it's not even funny. If anything will kill him, it will be something stupid like browsing Wikipedia while helping others out with grinding Hardcore Hell (I've seen him do this).

Also, fun story: Kungen called a dude up on Skype earlier so he could join in. The guy was playing his level 50 something Hardcore Wizard when Kungen calls. Skype minimizes the game for the incoming call and the guy ends up dying.

Diseased Yak

Gold Member
Anyone have the Diablo III steel series mouse? Thinking about getting it for my birthday next month. $65 though.

Well, I'm having nothing but problems with mine. Whenever I shut down my system (which is almost nightly) there's a 9/10 chance that the mouse won't wake up and work. Rebooting is the only solution until it comes up and works.

When it works, I love it, but I'm very close to returning mine to Amazon and saying screw it. I opened a support ticket almost a week ago with Steelseries and haven't heard a peep. I suspect it's a driver/firmware problem, and from searching around on the Net, lots of others are seeing problems with this mouse as well.

I know there are others with zero problems, but wanted to say that this isn't always the case.

scottnak

So... my brother just got hacked and got cleaned out...
Anyone knows how long it takes for one of the rollbacks to take place? (He filed a ticket last night)

Filth

WTF is this shit? I blame Diablo. I don't want hackers fucking with my gmail :(

This happened to me last week. The first thing I thought was diablo hacks. I quickly got rid of the other email associated with my email. I'm guessing this is another way people are getting hacked.

Jesus. I can't believe people are even attempting this. I mean, you only have one shot at any boss. One shot.
If you screw up a single second or get caught with lag you just lost all your money, time and gear for nothing.

These people be crazy.

The real schadenfreude will come in his stream chat after he dies to some bullshit mob configuration in act 2 of inferno.

eek5

Watching him play makes me think he'll make it. That man has so much patience it's not even funny. If anything will kill him, it will be something stupid like browsing Wikipedia while helping others out with grinding Hardcore Hell (I've seen him do this).

Also, fun story: Kungen called a dude up on Skype earlier so he could join in. The guy was playing his level 50 something Hardcore Wizard when Kungen calls. Skype minimizes the game for the incoming call and the guy ends up dying.

Wow that is brutal :eek: Was the guy pissed? lol

ahahahaha

Ryan_

Haha, damn :p

Butcher is going to be a huge problem with their DPS. He's only at 8k DPS right now unless I'm missing something. Also their resists were insanely low yesterday but they were farming goblins so I'm assuming it's much better today.

Uh... that ship has already sailed :)

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Kungen is kung.

Dahbomb

Inferno... 4 person party... on Hardcore.

Bo2BG.gif

So for people who do farming/MF runs, do yo explore every bit of the map and look for very chest, or do you simply run through elites, stack NV and go for bosses? I have this terrible addiction to breaking every barrel and picking every piece of gold I see lying around.
I check EVERYTHING. The only legendary I have found was in a pile of rocks. I can see both point of view though.

Varna

Kind of sucks that higher difficulties aren't unlocked from the start. Finding the game way to easy on normal with Demon Hunter.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Kind of sucks that higher difficulties aren't unlocked from the start. Finding the game way to easy on normal with Demon Hunter.
It wouldn't work. A level 1 could never, ever pass nightmare.

LogicStep

Cleave + rupture
Overpower + killingspree
merciless assault + the one that resets the cooldown
stomp + wrenching stomp
beserker rage + insanity
eartquake + mountain's call

weapon master
brawler
and ruthless

... glass-fucking-cannon.

Also did I say 65k dps? I meant 75k...

That is a ton of dps, may we get a screen?

Dr.Acula

Banned
This happened to me last week. The first thing I thought was diablo hacks. I quickly got rid of the other email associated with my email. I'm guessing this is another way people are getting hacked.

Well, I got myself a project. Gonna unlink my Diablo from my gmail, and then build my own mail server to host private domain emails.

Dahbomb

The game is mostly mathematical based. Even if there was an option to play Nightmare mode from scratch, you would die in 2 seconds. You will be doing 20 damage with like 100 HP against regular enemies with over a thousand health and like over 200 hundred damage. You would die in 1 hit against everything and it would take you hours to whittle a random enemy down to death.

That's just not how this game is designed. Also most of the hardcore Diablo players have stopped talking about the game being easy, Inferno shut them up real good. Normal is a tutorial/Easy mode, Nightmare is Normal mode, Hell is Hard mode or mostly the REAL game and Inferno is... just insane and broken.

Varna

Is this your first run through the game?

Yes.

It wouldn't work. A level 1 could never, ever pass nightmare.

That was another question I had. So everything carries over?

It's very obvious that the normal difficulty is just 'easy' mode. Anyone who knows anything about these kind of games will just blow through it. Should have had something a little more challenging for more experienced gamers.

That's just not how this game is designed. Also most of the hardcore Diablo players have stopped talking about the game being easy, Inferno shut them up real good.

Is there any unique content in the higher difficulties? Don't know how I feel about playing through the game twice just to get to the challenging bits.

When you make another character you have to start out on normal too eh?

LuchaShaq

Banned
Really fucking pissed.

Was looking for weapons on the AH today but everything I tried to buy was "bid timed out".

Come back two hours later and my money is gone but no items.

6 hours later still no money but I have 4X as many weapons as I wanted to buy.

FUCK

Yoshichan

It's very obvious that the normal difficulty is just 'easy' mode. Anyone who knows anything about these kind of games will just blow through it. Should have had something a little more challenging for more experienced gamers.
People are currently raging, quitting the game, complaining on the forums and sending death threats to Blizzard because of the inferno difficulty. Normal is supposed to be this way. People are looking for challenges gets challenged later on, they know this as-well. This is why they breeze through normal, nightmare and hell in a matter of hours.

JesseZao

Yes.

Is there any unique content in the higher difficulties? Don't know how I feel about playing through the game twice just to get to the challenging bits.

You don't play Diablo once. Difficulties are new game +

Volodja

Yes.

If you don't intend to replay through the game, then Diablo isn't really the series you want to look at.

doomquake

how come there is normal mode...then i have to replay everything again, and some more cool stuff appears, then again - and stuff is the same but different again, then i can play it again and it will be very hard...... is it ..wrong.. to just make a game that spans levels 1-60 ? with the game gradually becoming fucking hard? or is it just better to make a 20 hour game, and have people replay it 10 times with 4 character classes and 4 difficulties.

i dont get it

Jrmint

So I just started Hell on my DH, and shit has definitely gotten real. I am having a hard time surviving any rare mob packs.

I am currently using a 150 dps bow which was great in Act 4 NM, but I think it may be undergeared now.

And wow, Smoke Screen is an absolute life saver.

Yoshichan

vaelic

Banned
how come there is normal mode...then i have to replay everything again, and some more cool stuff appears, then again - and stuff is the same but different again, then i can play it again and it will be very hard...... is it ..wrong.. to just make a game that spans levels 1-60 ? with the game gradually becoming fucking hard? or is it just better to make a 20 hour game, and have people replay it 10 times with 4 character classes and 4 difficulties.

i dont get it
This is how diablo is

Dahbomb

The dungeons, enemy spawns and loot drops are all randomized. The game is new game+ so everything keeps carrying over. There are Events to be found and various hidden spots/Lore journals and achievements. The most important change is that Elite/Champion enemies gain "affixes" or power ups. On Normal they have only one of these power ups, on Nightmare they have 2, Hell 3 and Inferno 4. This is the true challenge of Diablo as you don't when these enemies are going to pop up, which type and what kind of affix combinations they will have. Of course you are unlocking more skills and runes as you progress and getting better items.

If you start a new character the only thing that stays the same is that your Artisans (Blacksmith/Jeweler) upgrades persist so once you upgrade them all your characters get to keep that upgrade. Probably the same for Stashes for as well... not 100% sure on that. You have to start on Normal of course.

Yoshichan

Probably the same for Stashes for as well... not 100% sure on that. You have to start on Normal of course.
Yes, even your stash (which eventually is your mule) carries over.

JoeMartin

People are currently raging, quitting the game, complaining on the forums and sending death threats to Blizzard because of the inferno difficulty. Normal is supposed to be this way. People are looking for challenges gets challenged later on, they know this as-well. This is why they breeze through normal, nightmare and hell in a matter of hours.

The inferno difficulty notwithstanding, THIS has more to do with my lack of desire to play than the difficulty currently does.

Won

Played a bit on my WD. Acid Cloud and Firebombs make it a bit more entertaining. Still feels the class needs more than 6 skill slots to be really enjoyable to me though.

Volodja

i dont get it
They could do what you say, but they didn't and people have liked it since 1996.
The incentive to replay the game is what kept D2 alive for 10 years.

Yes.

I don't think you're really understanding the system

Normal, Nightmare, Hell, and Inferno aren't really difficulty modes in the traditional sense. Monster in Normal range from level 1 - 30, monsters in Nightmare range from 30 - 50, in Hell from 50 - 60, and in Inferno from 60 - 63. At the same time there are additional affixes on special enemies that make them exponentially more difficult per difficulty level, and on top of the regular leveling curve the base stats of enemies gets a boost each time you get to the next stage.

You carry your character through every mode as though it was a single play through. You can stop when you finish Normal but you'll only be around level 30. Since all the maps in the world outside the cities are randomized and all enemy placement is randomized it's never the same. Most people just escape out of cutscenes and dialogue the subsequent times - the story in Diablo's always been optional.

Yoshichan

Lol. This should be fun to watch. Need to see what he did to his barb to survive all these modes.
He's gonna take his sweet ass time and farm so much gear before he progresses into harder difficulties (in this case; hell and inferno) :3

Yoshichan

This Inferno Hardcore hype has motivated me.

To try to beat at least 1 act of Inferno on softcore.
:lol perfect

inky

How does progress get saved?

Like if I kill Izual, does that saves my progress even if I switch to something else?

Your character (and items) is saved at every step I think, but your progress only up to your last checkpoint, so wait till you hit one if you want to leave.

Twinduct

He's gonna take his sweet ass time and farm so much gear before he progresses into harder difficulties (in this case; hell and inferno) :3

Lol. Or just raid the AH. Meh guess I'll just have to go full vit to survive. Almost done with NM act 2 with my Wiz. Still can't get anywhere in act 1 with fembarb :/

Kenaras

So I just finished my first Inferno game (solo). I wasn't expecting to make it very far with my 6k DPS, but really only one champion pack really gave me fits on my way to kill the Skeleton King. Since the Auction House is currently shitting itself, I have two questions:

1) Are Inferno crafting materials worth anything? (Assuming Blizzard ever fixes commodities...) Up until now I've been vendoring everything instead of salvaging, but I'm not sure if I should continue with that in Inferno.

2) Ballpark figure on what these are worth?
163Zy.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom