• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT3| Turn On Elective Mode, Get an Authenticator

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Past Act 1, it gets tough. Stuff phases in and one shots you, stuff shoots arrows from off screen and one shots you, etc.
Everything is supposed to one shot you no matter what. DH's are not supposed to be stacking vit. So yeah, you dodge/trap everything and you're done, since you're pretty much doing 200k per second. Unlike the wizard, where we're fucked beyond imagination if we don't get room to navigate - and even then, it can be tough as fuck.

mr2xxx

Banned
Usually Resist all, but only if you build has some move that allows you to escape quickly.

Edit:
While Yoshichan has a great point, it really depends on what you need more, on your build and your personal preference.

I'm a WD and currently my resistance is close to 700 all around with meele close to 800. I have tried boots with movement speed and I honestly haven't seen a big diffirence in speed. I'm close to the butcher and haven't had many issues in inferno so far. I do have my templar, giant, and hex guy blocking off people so that helps out a lot. Once I reach act II I might go back to the movement boots if my guys get 1 shooter, so far the guys are holding up.

Won

Finally got his ass!

B8Mev.jpg

Made some small changes to my passives and rock and roll, down on the first try tonight!

Kinitari

Black Canada Mafia
I would kill for a decent rare/legendary to sell. I feel like Im making money too slowly grinding inferno. But grinding hell would give me a much smaller chance at getting baller items that would sell for a bajillion dollars.

rCIZZLE

Lol, there isnt one.

Well, whatever the best one is. First character is Barbarian and I assume at least one (lol) of the other characters is better.

Maybe wizard ?

How is he after the nerf? Also, is he constantly running around taking shots or can he mow through mobs?

They all need money, skill, patience, gear, constant death. Unless there's another broken build somewhere - I'm looking at you, Wizard.

Like I said above, I'm looking for the "best" one. I know they all require stuff and die but what requires the least to survive the best? While still being able to kill stuff, of course.

Was second choice since all I hear is 50k+ dps.

Btw, how does WD stack up to the rest of the characters? Can he hold is own?

Iadien

Guarantee I'm going to screw up this post? Yeah.
I hate the boss at the end of Act 2, it's the only boss that ever kills me. lol

sleepykyo

So DH claims Wizard and Wizard claims Dark Hunter. So basically just not melee. Makes sense conceptually, DH and Wizard can just get start with a good weapon and go from there, while the melee classes need to be fully geared up.

vaelic

Banned
Wrong, the new rune is always better. ALWAYS. The more left your skill is, the more awful it usually is.

Don't believe his lies.

Wallach is right though. New runes simply allow different strategies and builds, which can allow a significantly better build at times.

one of you says im correct one of you says im wrong. which is it? :)

eek5

As long as life on hit doesn't get nerfed, I wonder if a dual wield barb/monk would work if you got your life on hit up to ~2800 and kept your resists pretty high still (900-1000).

Weapons can roll up to 950 life on hit and with a socket can get even higher. Conservatively, let's say you got two 800 LOH weapons then socketed +300 gems for 2200 total. Add in 300 from an amulet, 90 from strings, a couple hundred on a ring and you'd do 2800 before the attack reduction with really fast attack speed. It would almost? offset not being able to absorb attacks.. maybe

SyNapSe

I beat SK easy on hell mode but I still have trouble avoiding his tele/swing move. :\ I know it's coming and I move but the range is too big.

then in Fields of mis I couldn't go into one instance/dungeon. fast vampiric plague right at the front door. They were a little ways in and the first time I kited them back to the entrance and almost had one dead even though I was all poison. I swapped out to non-poison abilities but with them right on the entrance I could never get them down. so annoying

LordCanti

So DH claims Wizard and Wizard claims Dark Hunter. So basically just not melee. Makes sense conceptually, DH and Wizard can just get start with a good weapon and go from there, while the melee classes need to be fully geared up.

There are bosses that can be killed without them aggro'ing as a DH. For instance, after you take down
Zoltan Kuhl's two summons
his AI is dumb enough to get trapped on the other side of his area, within arrow reach. There are a couple more like that.

Once you hit Inferno Act II, all bets are off though. The class is so damn squishy that you will die from things you never could have seen coming. It's incredibly frustrating, and I don't think there is any fun left in it for me ATM. My fun is really the auction house as I listen to podcasts.

I'm watching Kungen too. I also just watched him search Youtube in Google and realized that's a thing people actually do.

A family member who will remain nameless uses Bing to search for Google, because Bing is what's on her search bar and she doesn't know how to change it. Doesn't want it changed I should say, because that would "mess something up".

Most DH stack DEX and VIT along with resist.

It's not worth it. Millions of gold so you can get two or three shot instead of one in Act 4 of inferno . Better to put that gold towards DPS.

mileS

Everything is supposed to one shot you no matter what. DH's are not supposed to be stacking vit. So yeah, you dodge/trap everything and you're done, since you're pretty much doing 200k per second. Unlike the wizard, where we're fucked beyond imagination if we don't get room to navigate - and even then, it can be tough as fuck.

Most DH stack DEX and VIT along with resist.

rCIZZLE

Just to ask it separate... how does WD stack up with Wiz and DH? Is it easier to play solo in inferno? Or does he die as often without doing high damage?

i have a question, what are core spells for witchdoctor. I want for my own satisfaction, how a level 55 witchdoctor has no clue how to play his class. A witchdoctor that uses no pets and auto attacks with the blow gun. Wasted two hours not getting much done in a public game on hell.

Wallach

Just to ask it separate... how does WD stack up with Wiz and DH? Is it easier to play solo in inferno? Or does he die as often without doing high damage?

They're pretty much in the same boat as Wiz/DH (kite everything for eternity), they just seem to have slightly less active defensive power (though they have great passives). They have great DPS, they just don't quite have the ability to squeeze out of bad situations as well as DH and Wiz while kiting elites.

spirity

You can have.. two templars? What madness is this? (just started watching the kungen stream)

Ah, nvm, guess its not permanent?

So I was playing my Level 7 Wizard. I joined a public game, saw a Level 21 Monk, clicked on this banner and suddenly...

That's a good surprise, also the guy was cool so I added him to my Friends list and he walked me through the level.

oneils

Watching both streams of kungen and kripp, whilst i level my DH, what the fuck is this game doing to me.

I've been watching them both, also. Just not while playing. I am too dumb to multi-task.
Didn't realise that Kripp started his own hardcore run last night. At around midnight he was still messing around in inferno. I missed all of normal. I hear he played through the night.

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences
I'm at Kulle on Act II Inferno and I'm just tired of playing. Inferno is ridiculous, 40k hp on my wizard with 60% mitigation and resists doing around 50k dps and although I can eventually get through just about any pack, there are times I'm dying until my armor is red. It's too much death, just totally imbalanced at this point for how well geared I am and the amount of defensive maneuvers I'm taking. Done for now, guess I shoulda got in on the exploits.

LordCanti

I'm happy to know I'm not alone. Podcasts are the only thing keeping me sane.

I'm just coordinated enough to walk on the treadmill, listen to a podcast, and browse the AH at the same time.

I'm at Kulle on Act II Inferno and I'm just tired of playing. Inferno is ridiculous, 40k hp on my wizard with 60% mitigation and resists doing around 50k dps and although I can eventually get through just about any pack, there are times I'm dying until my armor is red. It's too much death, just totally imbalanced at this point for how well geared I am. Done for now.

Do you have any long range spells? If so, kill the minions, and then run around to the opposite side from him. Stand where the
Black Soulstone
bridge starts, and just fire away at him from across the map. He literally can't do anything but send tornadoes at you.

I'd sex her Riggs :3

What's your preference? Moe or Grimdark?

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
I'd sex her Riggs :3

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences
Do you have any long range spells? If so, kill the minions, and then run around to the opposite side from him. Stand where the
Black Soulstone
bridge starts, and just fire away at him from across the map. He literally can't do anything but send tornadoes at you.

Oh no, I don't have any problem with bosses, it's with every thing else in the damn act. Bugs, furry launchers, fast innately fast crap like spiders and those sewer clawers. I'm tired of dying. But yeah, bosses are the easy part of Inferno...or any act really. I'm in the Shadow Realm atm just after doing the two unlocks and I walk straight into arcane enchanted waller fire chain ghosts or some shit flying around. Exited.

Anustart

Finally found something that can keep me from looking at gaf in all my free time, d3. upgraded my starter edition to full just now, beat the sk and continuing on.

Diablo, I love you!

Just in case anyone is finding it long to reach level 60,
Kulle
runs are still a viable way to get around 100 xp in 2, 3 minutes or so.

That is, until Blizzard stops it.

inky

*Saves fortune shrine for yellow elite pack + resplendent chest*
*Checks MF = 212*
*Gets only crap blues from both*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom