• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT3| Turn On Elective Mode, Get an Authenticator

Status
Not open for further replies.

SyNapSe

i have a question, what are core spells for witchdoctor. I want for my own satisfaction, how a level 55 witchdoctor has no clue how to play his class. A witchdoctor that uses no pets and auto attacks with the blow gun. Wasted two hours not getting much done in a public game on hell.

That's pretty much the witch doctor; the pets suck although you can use garg in a hell group fine. If he was using bad medicine then mobs were getting a -20% damage debuff although garg with big stinker does that well also.

Most people use dart w/ splinters and a huge portion of AoE attacks require getting mid-range so they are iffy. I use darts with an acid rain here and there a lot of the time.

Explain these runs to me please? I did the Azmodan run before it was nerfed.

Well, to be specific, it's
Act II: 8. The Black Soulstone: Soulstone Chamber. You have to defeat Kulle, and TP back to Adria for the 95k exp

A question to all though, is Magic find and Gold find stats on equipment still viable once you have Nephalem Valor?

Dartastic

That's pretty much the witch doctor; the pets suck although you can use garg in a hell group fine. If he was using bad medicine then mobs were getting a -20% damage debuff although garg with big stinker does that well also.

Most people use dart w/ splinters and a huge portion of AoE attacks require getting mid-range so they are iffy. I use darts with an acid rain here and there a lot of the time.
i'm only level 41, so I can't really talk about how you SHOULD play them, but I have 4 zombie dogs with the life rune that allows hits to be transmitted to my dogs. I then rush in, cast that thing that allows me to up my DPS (it's in the 2 slot, and gives me life when I cast it) then I just cast acid rain and throw those bouncing fireballs that track enemies. It TRASHES people so far. But I'm only on nightmare, and i'm not 60 yet. So yeah.

Totakeke

Act II: 8. The Black Soulstone: Soulstone Chamber. You have to defeat Kulle, and TP back to Adria for the 95k exp

A question to all though, is Magic find and Gold find stats on equipment still viable once you have Nephalem Valor?

Of course. Only question is how much can you stack magic and gold find before you die more than you farm.

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences

Magic find on equipment works differently than magic find from the neph buff. I don't know how or why but it does. It's worse. Get it where you can without making sacrifices in any other department, otherwise don't aim for it. The level 60 buff was enough to make me and a friend start getting yellows from 2nd+ major boss kills, my 100%+ magic find from gear alone before 60 was not.

Achtius

I hate impulse buy ('lost' ~300k on a useless bow that I thought was good), but for 115k, this armor is pretty good right?

armor.png

xelios

That's great armor for an int user. Mine is similar only with 55 all resistances and a bit less int and vit, so they're socketed in the 3 sockets to make up for it.

Murry33

Neo Member
Hmm, I have a question about resists too. Is there any resist that seems to be easier to stack than others? I've got a monk class going and just curious what I should stack to get the most out of the one with everything passive.

Totakeke

Magic find on equipment works differently than magic find from the neph buff. I don't know how or why but it does. It's worse. Get it where you can without making sacrifices in any other department, otherwise don't aim for it. The level 60 buff was enough to make me and a friend start getting yellows from 2nd+ major boss kills, my 100%+ magic find from gear alone before 60 was not.

Yeah NV works differently for major and sub-boss kills. 5 NVs pretty much guarantees a minimum of 2 rares but that's not how it works with a random stat like magic find.

Of course. Only question is how much can you stack magic and gold find before you die more than you farm.

Thanks guys.

I'm in Hell, so trying to good armor with decent stats, gold find and AR is pretty expensive. So I was thinking to sacrifice gold find.

xelios

is this worth any gold?

mVqaA.jpg

The dps is pretty terrible for a 2h, not really.

Hmm, I have a question about resists too. Is there any resist that seems to be easier to stack than others? I've got a monk class going and just curious what I should stack to get the most out of the one with everything passive.

I see lightning the most. Just remember you can always see what "happens upon" your good gear, then find +all resist on gear too to make up for the gaps.

Totakeke

Doing runs Jailer->Butcher runs on inferno. 160% mf, nothing worth a damn drops.

Unfortunately "worth a damn" has been redefined by the people selling stuffs on the AH farming on later inferno acts. I stopped farming that route (also plus it takes too much effort for my current gear).

Breached Keep. Down one branch there's Soul Rippers with molten, extra health, waller, reflect damage. OK. Fuck you. Go to try the other branch. More Soul Rippers. Invulnerable, fast, reflect, molten. Reset time!

Wow, Act 3 Hell is a whole lot easier than Act 2 was - I didn't make any huge gear upgrades between the two but I'm pretty much breezing through here. I'm probably 3/4 the way through and only died twice and only skipped one Champion group (Vortex + Molten + Shielded)

Won

Tried to farm The Terminus. After seeing my first rare item being level 55 I laughed. After seeing the second rare being level 52 I cried.

And then somehow I managed to drag an ability off my action bar in the heat of action and lost my Valor buff near the end. :(

theta11

Tried to farm The Terminus. After seeing my first rare item being level 55 I laughed. After seeing the second rare being level 52 I cried.

And then somehow I managed to drag an ability off my action bar in the heat of action and lost my Valor buff near the end. :(

You can turn back off elective mode and it locks your toolbars so that doesn't happen anymore.

Price check on a ring with

+54 int
+10% attack speed

Worth anything?
6k-7k maybe

I bought a +78 Intelligence / 14% IAS for 10,000 the other night and it seemed to be about the going rate. Sold a +64 Intelligence / +12% IAS for 9k today.

I think they're underpriced at this point for some reason (at least relative to other rings). People ignore blues too much.

You can turn back off elective mode and it locks your toolbars so that doesn't happen anymore.
Good to know!

theta11

6k-7k maybe

I bought a +78 Intelligence / 14% IAS for 10,000 the other night and it seemed to be about the going rate. Sold a +64 Intelligence / +12% IAS for 9k today.

I think they're underpriced at this point for some reason (at least relative to other rings). People ignore blues too much.

Good to know!

They aren't really underpriced considering they can be bought for 8k from an NPC lol

tinantlu

I bought the game, but my POS computer isn't good enough to play it, so I have to just live through you guys

Is there a good place where I can look at item lists, legendary and set items? Like there was for Diablo II...

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Still in Act 1 on Hell at level 53, but some of the rares are starting to get extremely frustrating.

I think this game would be a lot more fun to play if it had direct controls via WASD or a pad.

I'm at Kulle on Act II Inferno and I'm just tired of playing. Inferno is ridiculous, 40k hp on my wizard with 60% mitigation and resists doing around 50k dps and although I can eventually get through just about any pack, there are times I'm dying until my armor is red. It's too much death, just totally imbalanced at this point for how well geared I am and the amount of defensive maneuvers I'm taking. Done for now, guess I shoulda got in on the exploits.

Inferno claims another Wizard's soul. Wait until you actually get to the final boss. LOL.

The fact that you have 50k dps and good resist makes me less interested in buying a better dps weapon. I suddenly feel like the weapon won't help me all that much.

SyNapSe

Inferno is meant to be a cock block. If people could walk through it like the rest of the game then they could claim they are "done". It's meant to be an ungodly awful experience for most sane people. I'm not sure what is wrong with that approach; Otherwise the people willing to play 18 hours a day for a week+ in a row would finish the content with ease.

zlatko

Banned
I hit 53 Monk and am now on Act 2 Hell. Soon I'll get to join the cool kids club of angry people in Inferno. :p

After a lot of co op I'm actually leaning most heavily to Demon Hunter as a viable class for completing Inferno. :D

Petrie

Banned

On Hell?

im going to roll a wizard ( PRINCESS AZULA!!! YEAHHHH). i haven't read too much on the builds/classes, but is a wizard able to complete inferno without heavily relying on gears/AH?

theta11

Inferno claims another Wizard's soul. Wait until you actually get to the final boss. LOL.

The fact that you have 50k dps and good resist makes me less interested in buying a better dps weapon. I suddenly feel like the weapon won't help me all that much.

Lol I quit Inferno on my Wizard too, I killed Skeleton King and was in Halls of Agony ready to do Butcher and I gave up. I was just tired of constantly getting Elites with Jailer, Vortex, Shielding, Mortar or Invincible Minions. Seemed like almost every pack had one of those affixes and having to constantly quit and reload and hope the RNG gods blessed me with affixes that were worth the effort.

It just boils down to my expectations of Inferno, I thought it was going to be slightly more difficult than hell with the difficulty shifting to much more complex boss fights. With the random way loot is and how difficult it is to get item rolls that are actually useful for Inferno coupled with the introduction of the RMAH it's clear D3 Inferno is designed as a Pay2Win situation. Hopefully the announcement tommorow will ease my concerns about Inferno.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom