• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT3| Turn On Elective Mode, Get an Authenticator

Status
Not open for further replies.

windz

After 120 hours I found my first legendary! Bul Kathos Wedding Band w/ str/vit. Feelsgood

Edit: From a pile of bones.

Tremis

This man does his research.
Yeah, it'd be nice if there were some actual new mechanics added to the boss fights in inferno. There was a Jay Wilson post at some point though that shat all over this. I can't remember where I saw it.

zlatko

Banned
ousYJ.jpg

My Monk looks so sexy right now. And my banner is finally how I want it to look. :D

Wallach

im going to roll a wizard ( PRINCESS AZULA!!! YEAHHHH). i haven't read too much on the builds/classes, but is a wizard able to complete inferno without heavily relying on gears/AH?

Nobody really can get through Inferno at this point without solid gear. Inferno is not just a fourth difficulty, it is separately tiered within itself. It is soloable, and right now Wizard is still one of the better classes to do it on softcore mode at least.

Ferrio

Banned
you listed something that good a a million???

BRO.....

BRO.

did you check to see what other similar gloves are listed for first?

Yes, stuff close to it was 1.3 mil. Some stuff higher, but have been on the auction house for awhile.

I might of been able to push it higher, but I like a garunteed sell better than 2 days wasted on the AH.

eek5

Yes, stuff close to it was 1.3 mil. Some stuff higher, but have been on the auction house for awhile.

I might of been able to push it higher, but I like a garunteed sell better than 2 days wasted on the AH.

I think you priced it fine. High end would've been 1.5-2.5mil. The higher price would've taken a while to wait for a monk that is using fire/all. When you're spending more than 2 you really want a piece that you'll never replace. I've seen combined resist rolls of 100 with sub 60 resist all so there is still a lot of room for improvement on that piece.

Yea, do that too. but usually only if my stats are noticeably lower. or if I'm low on auction space.

Those Monk gloves are unreal in terms of raw numbers but I wouldn't want gloves w/o attack speed unless I was really undergeared. Clearing one million seems good.

Ferrio

Banned
I think you priced it fine. High end would've been 1.5-2.5mil. The higher price would've taken a while to wait for a monk that is using fire/all. When you're spending more than 2 you really want a piece that you'll never replace. I've seen combined resist rolls of 100 with sub 60 resist all so there is still a lot of room for improvement on that piece.

I think I could of priced it 300k more, but oh well.

Mr Nash

square pies = communism
Yay! Finally killed Nightmare mode Diablo. Onward to Hell! Finally caught up with my friends so we can three man the game now. Gonna be fun! =D

zlatko

Banned
So I haven't got new rings or a neck piece in a long while. I really wish the AH when compare items let you see the +/- you get to see in game on damage/armor/etc. Like I saw a ring in game that dropped that does +15% attack speed, which apparently does 243 more damage than my current rings, but I'd lose a shit ton of health/dex/+damage stat/crit%/etc so I felt it was shittier.

Really hard to gauge. :(

trh

Nifty AND saffron-colored!
They already sold for a million. Damn should of went higher.

you got a mil for that? there's not even any attack speed or crit hit/dmg on them!

Could I get a price check on these two items? ty.
http://i.imgur.com/RYruU.jpg http://i.imgur.com/ky0Wi.jpg

First one is vendor trash basically, no all res and only two sockets, with mediocre stats. Not bad for a level 45 item, but it's still nothing compared to even the lower priced armors on the ah. 2nd one might go for something like 200k-ish? It lacks all resist/attack speed

eek5

So I haven't got new rings or a neck piece in a long while. I really wish the AH when compare items let you see the +/- you get to see in game on damage/armor/etc. Like I saw a ring in game that dropped that does +15% attack speed, which apparently does 243 more damage than my current rings, but I'd lose a shit ton of health/dex/+damage stat/crit%/etc so I felt it was shittier.

Really hard to gauge. :(

This is really needed. I don't see any reason why it can't be implemented either (It's already sorted and comparing items vs your character). I can't remember how many times I've bought an "upgrade" only to find out it was a downgrade. doh

mhayze

I started the game late as launch week was a crazy busy week for me - turns out that was a good thing, with all the server craziness in week 1. I'm in no hurry to rush through the game - really enjoying the first play-through, and hitting a good chunk of content. Anyways, I just hit Act III with my L27 Barb.

My question is, for non-beta players -Which playthough did you enjoy most? I would think the 1st would be most fun, but maybe its even more fun in NM or Hell? Or maybe you found a different class more enjoyable than your 1st playthrough?

zlatko

Banned
This is really needed. I don't see any reason why it can't be implemented either (It's already sorted and comparing items vs your character). I can't remember how many times I've bought an "upgrade" only to find out it was a downgrade. doh

Exactly, and since you can only pick up to 3 things to search criteria for on a piece of equipment it can be even harder to find a suitable upgrade.

PATCH IT IN BLIZZ.

trh

Nifty AND saffron-colored!
lol. You must not know the value of high resist in Inferno.

I dunno, I'm in act 4 inferno at the moment, all solo, so I must be doing something right. But besides the resist the other stats are quite low.

Got these:
jqIiI.png

that I sold for 7.5 million. However these are more geared towards DH while Ferrio's goes better with a Monk, I suppose.

theta11

Damn, nice, think I could get around 500k for these?

They dont have that nice +VIT or +Def tho.

monk.png

Those are really good for monks, Vit isn't as good as resist imo but it all depends on if the monk is stacking phys resist as the element of choice.

Ferrio

Banned
I dunno, I'm in act 4 inferno at the moment, all solo, so I must be doing something right. But besides the resist the other stats are quite low.

Got these:
jqIiI.png

that I sold for 7.5 million. However these are more geared towards DH while Ferrio's goes better with a Monk, I suppose.

What act did those drop?

Boken

Banned

Got these:
jqIiI.png

*whistles*

theta11

What act did those drop?

They are technically Inferno Act I loot but they can drop anywhere in Inferno.

Bashiok said:
Good point! Yes, Diablo III has an additional difficulty level, Inferno, with a very steep difficulty curve. One bit of misinformation is that loot is static in where it drops, but in fact the loot table bands are quite large. For example the "Inferno Act I loot" has a chance to drop in Hell Act IV as much as it does Inferno Act II. You will need to farm Inferno Act I to get a shot at those higher level items to drop so you can continue progressing.

Havok

Just started Act 3 Nightmare on my Monk, probably an hour into the act so far. Hit 45 to unlock One With Everything (all your resistances are equal to your highest resistance) and started stacking up Cold Resistance since it seems to be one of the cheaper ones on the AH. Holy cow, I had no idea it would make such a difference. I was already blowing through the game, but it seems like I'm barely getting touched anymore. I ended up replacing Transcendance (life restore per Spirit spent) with One with Everything, and am using OWE with Seize the Initiative (1 dex = 1 armor) and The Guardian's Path (+15% dodge when dual wielding/+Spirit regen when using 2H) as a DW evasive character. Has there been any consensus reached on the "ideal" passives, or is it like the active skills in that they're largely up to player preference?

Narag

How useful is Reduces CC duration as a mod in Inferno?

I have a bit on my DH due to other stats on the item making it really desirable for me. Might be placebo but it's helped with jailer stuff as I'll break before they reach me during those times I'm out of discipline.

Loofy

Im really not getting anywhere with my 1h+shield monk. Im gonna try out these ias, lifesteal dual wield builds that Im seeing in some inferno videos.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom