• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT3| Turn On Elective Mode, Get an Authenticator

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just upgraded my Wizard, so I have a few items to probably auction. Thing is most of my items aren't sold, and I'm selling them for dirt cheap even.

I think this ring was pretty good, is it worth anything?

Rare Ring (required level 45)
+6-12 damage
+16 Strength
+57 Dexterity
+60 Intelligence
Regenerates 4 Life per second.

JambiBum

Just found an awesome enemy easter egg. Unfortunately I didn't get a screen cap of it but it was a champion burrowing leaper that was named Nine Toads: Terror of the Borderlands.

LordCanti

This is too low DPS for wizard/WD, and too...well...two handed for monks, right?

U78tw.png

ari

Banned
aw man, the level design fucking sucks, all the dungeons and caves is the same within each act. WTF. reminds me of unit 13, disgusting.

JambiBum

Probably a dumb question, but why does print screen cap my desktop and not d3?

It should create a folder just named screenshots in your diablo 3 folder in your documents. Every time you print screen it should go straight to that folder.

Credo

They are technically Inferno Act I loot but they can drop anywhere in Inferno.

About drops...does anyone know what level of gear will drop in Hell
Whimsyshire
? Is it gear that's more consistent with Act 1 Hell or more along the lines of later Act 3 & 4 Hell?

Wallach

Just found an awesome enemy easter egg. Unfortunately I didn't get a screen cap of it but it was a champion burrowing leaper that was named Nine Toads: Terror of the Borderlands.

He drops The Clipper too, with the same flavor text from Borderlands about losing a toe.

LordCanti

It should create a folder just named screenshots in your diablo 3 folder in your documents. Every time you print screen it should go straight to that folder.

If print screen is set as the take screenshot button. It wouldn't work for me, so I made it -. Works fine now.

TheExodu5

Banned
This build is working very well for me so far in Hell A2:

hell_wd_build.png

I was running Mass Confusion for a full spirit build, but I find that Locust Swarm is a far better skill to have...it increases my AOE damage by a large amount with very little casting maintenance. I'm pretty much always full mana with this build, and WD mana regen items.

Shouta

Man, some of those gloves posted aren't nearly as good as the one I sold for 500k a little while ago. I guess I should've priced it, higher lol.

LordCanti

Man, some of those gloves posted aren't nearly as good as the one I sold for 500k a little while ago. I guess I should've priced it, higher lol.

I put some 750dps Monk fists (really no stats other than life % per kill) up at like 100k minimum, 200k buyout and they sold in about a minute and a half. I checked, and I probably could have gotten maybe 100k more.

Oh well.

Raxus

I've gotten some good stuff myself, mostly junk but some solid stuff that sold on the AH, mostly armor.

I concur. While you are likely SOL on finding a good weapon (I found nothing that hits past 700 yet) I find that you can find a ton of good resist gear if you have the patience. It sucks that Inferno is only gear dependent and it really shines a light on the flaws in the AH at the moment.

Cipherr

Oh looooord. Im farming an act to level my monk but I can barely do it because of my friends list. Folks jump into my games alllllll the time lol. Makes the boss and mobs Im killing harder, and its always over by the time they get there and say "Hey man, whats up?" just as I am leaving to rejoin the same act.

How do I lock my games man, lol..

Wallach

They really need to allow legendary armor pieces to be dyeable. There's certainly no shortage of reasons to pass up legendaries, being forced to look like an idiot on top of it doesn't seem very bright (or incredibly bright depending on which legendary piece you equip).

Oh looooord. Im farming an act to level my monk but I can barely do it because of my friends list. Folks jump into my games alllllll the time lol. Makes the boss and mobs Im killing harder, and its always over by the time they get there and say "Hey man, whats up?" just as I am leaving to rejoin the same act.

Turn off Friend List quick join in the options. I think under Gameplay.

TheExodu5

Banned

Options -> Social -> unckeck Allow Quick Join

Go into options and disable allow quick join

LordCanti

They really need to allow legendary armor pieces to be dyeable. There's certainly no shortage of reasons to pass up legendaries, being forced to look like an idiot on top of it doesn't seem very bright (or incredibly bright depending on which legendary piece you equip).

You should see my DH in her bright yellow parachute pants, courtesy of MC Hammer.

Wallach

You should see my DH in her bright yellow parachute pants, courtesy of MC Hammer.

I'm a step ahead of you - I'm wearing the same bright gold pants along with cherry red cowboy boots, while wearing a black superhero eye-mask. Apparently I part-time as fucking Ronald McDonald and didn't have time to fully change after my shift.

Zzoram

hell_wd_build.png

I was running Mass Confusion for a full spirit build, but I find that Locust Swarm is a far better skill to have...it increases my AOE damage by a large amount with very little casting maintenance. I'm pretty much always full mana with this build, and WD mana regen items.

What level are you? What's the order in which you use the various spells?

maharg

idspispopd
Were people expecting Inferno to not be gear dependent? I'm confused by this. They cap your level at 60 and then give you an area that's designed for levels above 60. Effectively, they replaced the latter 39 levels of Diablo 2 with levelling up through gear. It's not like you even lose the "put all your points into X", now it's just "get gear that has lots of +X".

Zzoram

Does the friend list of recently played strangers ever get erased? It's really annoying having a ton of names on your list that you don't care about.

Narag

Were people expecting Inferno to not be gear dependent? I'm confused by this. They cap your level at 60 and then give you an area that's designed for levels above 60. Effectively, they replaced the latter 39 levels of Diablo 2 with levelling up through gear. It's not like you even lose the "put all your points into X", now it's just "get gear that has lots of +X".

I think the linear progression until the higher difficulties gave people the impression they should be able to faceroll through Inferno as well.

TheExodu5

Banned
What level are you? What's the order in which you use the various spells?

Level 54. I DoT everyone up with Haunt, then Locust Swarm. Then I kite as much as I can with Soul Barrage, using Spirit Walk or Horrify for survivability. Haunt slows down mobs enough that I can usually kite them, unless they have particularly annoying modifiers.

Haunt + Locust Swarm take so little cast time for so much damage. Soul Barrage is the Witch Doctor's fastest spell, as far as I can tell. You can cast, run, cast, run, like a Demon Hunter, essentially. Very nice single target DPS spell, and with my gear and passives, Soul Barrage actually ends up with a net mana return.

Cipherr

Options -> Social -> unckeck Allow Quick Join

Go into options and disable allow quick join

Thank you thank you thank you!

I'm a step ahead of you - I'm wearing the same bright gold pants along with cherry red cowboy boots, while wearing a black superhero eye-mask. Apparently I part-time as fucking Ronald McDonald and didn't have time to fully change after my shift.

I hope those aren't the legendary boots with Attack Speed on them. Everyone needs to check their legendaries with Attack Speed. I had a set of boots with them, but later found out they are all bugged and the IAS on them does not work. Equip and Un-equip them and look at your stat sheet. You attack speed does not budge, ruining the value of the legendaries with attack speed on them. I quickly re-listed them on the AH for 30k more than I paid, and they sold. I still took a minor loss, but it was less than 50k of a loss. Not bad.

LordCanti

I hope those aren't the legendary boots with Attack Speed on them. Everyone needs to check their legendaries with Attack Speed. I had a set of boots with them, but later found out they are all bugged and the IAS on them does not work. Equip and Un-equip them and look at your stat sheet. You attack speed does not budge, ruining the value of the legendaries with attack speed on them. I quickly re-listed them on the AH for 30k more than I paid, and they sold. I still took a minor loss, but it was less than 50k of a loss. Not bad.

I saw a ton of legendary boots with +attack speed going for almost nothing on the AH. Someone is going to clean the hell up when it actually works.

Wallach

They are (not Boj Anglers but the set ones) and I'm more than aware they don't work currently. They're still over 100 dexterity with some vit and 12 move speed so I have little reason to pursue an upgrade right now. If anything you should be looking for cheap listings of these broken items that have decent stats because they're obviously going to be corrected.

In case anyone wants to know the specific bug, the property "Increased Attack Speed" does not function on any armor slot item that can't normally spawn with IAS on a magic/rare item (boots, pants, chest, helm, shoulders, bracers). The property "Attack Speed Increased" does work however. Some legendaries, like Boj Anglers, can actually spawn with either one so you could get one that works or one that doesn't.

Raxus

Don't get me wrong. I expect a certain level of gear checking to be expected, just like any other RPG. But skill seems to be tossed out the window with the latency and melee changes in the thread. Without the AH you have to farm Act IV on Hell and Act I Inferno. Even then they still hand you gear that is several levels lower than you and, if you are lucky, ones that MAY help your stats.

Ok. Rant over. Just had to get that out of my system.

LordCanti

They are (not Boj Anglers but the set ones) and I'm more than aware they don't work currently. They're still over 100 dexterity with some vit and 12 move speed so I have little reason to pursue an upgrade right now. If anything you should be looking for cheap listings of these broken items that have decent stats because they're obviously going to be corrected.

In case anyone wants to know the specific bug, the property "Increased Attack Speed" does not function on any armor slot item that can't normally spawn with IAS on a magic/rare item (boots, pants, chest, helm, shoulders, bracers). The property "Attack Speed Increased" does work however. Some legendaries, like Boj Anglers, can actually spawn with either one so you could get one that works or one that doesn't.

I'll probably buy one pair of the set ones if I can find some with decent dex. 100k for some of the only +AS boots in the game is a bargain, when it actually works.

My current boots are 210 dex though. Will 14% AS overcome that?

Lathentar

Looking for Pants
Level 54. I DoT everyone up with Haunt, then Locust Swarm. Then I kite as much as I can with Soul Barrage, using Spirit Walk or Horrify for survivability. Haunt slows down mobs enough that I can usually kite them, unless they have particularly annoying modifiers.

Haunt + Locust Swarm take so little cast time for so much damage. Soul Barrage is the Witch Doctor's fastest spell, as far as I can tell. You can cast, run, cast, run, like a Demon Hunter, essentially. Very nice single target DPS spell, and with my gear and passives, Soul Barrage actually ends up with a net mana return.

Since you don't have mana issues I would replace blood ritual with spirit vessel. Spirit Vessel has saved me so many times its amazing. And you use all three spells that it reduces the cooldown on. If you use it for regen life. Just use a potion.

Wallach

I'll probably buy one pair of the set ones if I can find some with decent dex. 100k for some of the only +AS boots in the game is a bargain, when it actually works.

Especially keep an eye out for a set that has move speed, because the set pair doesn't have it as a set property but can land it on a random roll. I got mine for like 150k and when they get fixed are going to be almost impossible to replace.

Zzoram

Can a GeForce 210 1GB DDR3 run this game smoothly on lowest settings? My GF tried a bit of the game today and seems to like it. I might be able to convince her to play co-op with me later this summer but she has a GeForce 210 (590MHz core factory OC'd version) and I don't particularly want to buy her a new video card in addition to the game.

TheExodu5

Banned
Since you don't have mana issues I would replace blood ritual with spirit vessel. Spirit Vessel has saved me so many times its amazing. And you use all three spells that it reduces the cooldown on. If you use it for regen life. Just use a potion.

Well, without it I do run out of mana much quicker. I probably will end up switching to it anyways in the future, though.

LordCanti

Especially keep an eye out for a set that has move speed, because the set pair doesn't have it as a set property but can land it on a random roll. I got mine for like 150k and when they get fixed are going to be almost impossible to replace.

Do you know the damage formula for dex? Will 14% AS be more or less than an additional 100 dex?

Edit: At over 1200 dex currently, I believe.

chessnut

http://www.thejayzone.com/pics/d3/hell_wd_build.png[img]

I was running Mass Confusion for a full spirit build, but I find that Locust Swarm is a far better skill to have...it increases my AOE damage by a large amount with very little casting maintenance. I'm pretty much always full mana with this build, and WD mana regen items.[/QUOTE]

are you using 1 handed or 2 handed? whats your life and dps?

edit: just realized that was for hell, i assumed it was in inferno

Ingeniero

I don't know what happened but today the game run very bad on my laptop, same drivers same game, but FPS were very low and sttutering everywhere.... It was OK yesterday!!! arrgghh

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom