• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT3| Turn On Elective Mode, Get an Authenticator

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
gHbuz.jpg

As if one wasn't hard enough....
I managed to get this glitch on my first character :p Posted a pic on GAF about it but no one replied, haha!

Started playing a witch doctor just now... currently act 3, surprisingly fun :3

I managed to get this glitch on my first character :p Posted a pic on GAF about it but no one replied, haha!

Started playing a witch doctor just now... currently act 3, surprisingly fun :3

lol yea i was pretty surpised. But the WD is really fun, just gotta be ready to get smoked a lot.

Zzoram

I updated my nvidia drivers today and my performance seems to be noticeably worse, anyone else have this issue?

I never change drivers when my games are working. It's such a crapshoot, sometimes newer drivers make games run worse, ESPECIALLY if you have an older video card.

Kinitari

Black Canada Mafia
Bah, this is the worst :p I cant get any gear worth crap to drop in all my farming, so I am very slowly accumulating wealth - but the prices of decent weapons continues to rise!

What was a 1million dollar 1 handed weapon now sells for 10. I only have 650k. :( I'll never have enough.

Soktos

Well, I learned first hand how valuable an authenticator could have been... I logged in a few minutes ago to see my entire inventory, including my stash, empty. I am one pissed off dude...

Should have gotten the authenticator. Hopefully blizzard can restore my items...

Anustart

Well, I learned first hand how valuable an authenticator could have been... I logged in a few minutes ago to see my entire inventory, including my stash, empty. I am one pissed off dude...

Should have gotten the authenticator. Hopefully blizzard can restore my items...

Sucks :( sorry for your loss. But yea, right before upgrading from starter to full I got an auth.

Exact same thing happened to me tonight. :( Haven't been able to play for a week until tonight, and now there's pretty much nothing I can do until they fix it.

Looking for a 1 hander with about 1.7 attacks per second over 850 damage with a socket, or life on hit over 200. Will pay about 2.5-3m for them if anyone wants a quick sale, you can probably get more on AH but there are a tone of items up right now, I just need one with those specific stats. If it has dex or vit it's a plus and I can probably push 4m, but that's all the gold I have.

Monk simply will not work at all in inferno without life on hit and fast hits, there is no build that will work without it.

Dahbomb

Looking for a 1 hander with about 1.7 attacks per second over 850 damage with a socket, or life on hit over 200. Will pay about 2.5-3m for them if anyone wants a quick sale, you can probably get more on AH but there are a tone of items up right now, I just need one with those specific stats. If it has dex or vit it's a plus and I can probably push 4m, but that's all the gold I have.
Dude use the search filters with the stats you want. It even has a filter for socket and then put a buyout price of 3 million.

RS4-

Monk simply will not work at all in inferno without life on hit and fast hits, there is no build that will work without it.

I have something like that, sadly the damage is under 600 iirc :(

What's the highest level of gem you can find without crafting, and when do you start getting them? I'm in Act 2 Inferno, and the best I've seen so far is a Flawless Square.

Dude use the search filters with the stats you want. It even has a filter for socket and then put a buyout price of 3 million.

prices are inflated right now. no ones going to pay that much and the items are not leaving the AH but everyones trying to get that much for them, asking on gaf because there's a lot of players here who might want to sell their item in a quick amount of time. Also, you cant search attack speed to the exact number and it gets difficult to pinpoint what works.

ibjZlfBckKM9ir.jpg

I *really* like the damage range on this one.

But is 1.9 mill too much? If it was a fair price and I tried to buy it in the NA auction house, would it even work? Or is the AH still FUBAR?

Shouta

Man, Inferno Belial is annoying. Only thing preventing me from beating him easily right now is HP. I need to get more HP with to go with my Resist gear.

What the fuck are you supposed to fucking do when the whole entire floor turns into fire during the last fight in act 1?

Kill faster.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
What the fuck are you supposed to fucking do when the whole entire floor turns into fire during the last fight in act 1?
Inferno? Did you reach the berserk timer?

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder

The Butcher has an "enrage timer" which is a shit mechanic they brought over from WoW.

Basically you have 3 minutes to kill him or you get fucked.

Rufus

This build is working very well for me so far in Hell A2:

hell_wd_build.png

I was running Mass Confusion for a full spirit build, but I find that Locust Swarm is a far better skill to have...it increases my AOE damage by a large amount with very little casting maintenance. I'm pretty much always full mana with this build, and WD mana regen items.
I have to try that build. Zombie Bears are nice, but I have to stand too close to use it effectively. Sometimes it works almost hilariously well, though.

W1SSY

Got my first legendary drop, sadly it is a low level and not that great. Been loving the monk so far. I have joined a lot of public games and most of the time I find myself tanking to keep the other guys alive. I just got down soloing a boss because the demon hunter with me got killed in the first minute.

I would love to get some gaffers on my friends list. Battletag is Wissy#1779. I have a level 29 monk that I have been playing with exclusively.

LordCanti

I wonder about all those barbs/monks running around in Act 2 onwards in Inferno. Can you guys even kill goblins?

From experience co-opping; No, no they cannot.

Most melee builds seem to hit act II of Inferno and then get slaughtered.

Guess I should just kite more before going to spend more gold. Kite a lot more and hope for some lucky dodges.

Kiting takes time. You need to be on him for pretty much the entire fight. Me and Ferrio tag teamed him, and there wasn't a second that we weren't both hitting him. You can use hungering arrow from a distance, but you've got to be moving and shooting constantly. Even then, you've got to time out smokescreen to avoid the chains, and the fire.

TheExodu5

Banned
I have to try that build. Zombie Bears are nice, but I have to stand too close to use it effectively. Sometimes it works almost hilariously well, though.

Yeah, see how it works out. Not sure how viable it is for Inferno....we'll see. As posted by another gaffer, it would seem a good idea to drop Blood Ritual for Spirit Vessel and use Honored Guest on Spirit Walk for added mana regen if needed.

Kiting takes time. You need to be on him for pretty much the entire fight. Me and Ferrio tag teamed him, and there wasn't a second that we weren't both hitting him.
yeah I really don't see how it's possible with the smoke screen nerf unless I get a lot of really key lucky dodges. Off I go.

Exact same thing happened to me tonight. :( Haven't been able to play for a week until tonight, and now there's pretty much nothing I can do until they fix it.

Well its going to take a while. its been over 36 hours and they still haven't rolled back my account. I tried calling but the phone queue is full and I get disconnected right away. I think its pretty clear that the hackers have a long list of vulnerable accounts (i.e. accounts without authenticators) and are moving down the list. I expect that tomorrow some other gaffer will report that their account has been hacked.

LordCanti

I'm seeing DH's taking down bosses in Inferno in like 20 seconds all over youtube. I assume they're gaming the crit mechanic (and using marked for death) which blows incredibly hard because it's the only way I can use MF gear without being slaughtered due to low DPS in Inferno.

They're going to nerf this so hard.

50% extra crit damage on crossbows with a skill
Up to like 100% extra crit with a socketed crossbow (that rolled crit damage as one of the magical properties, and then an emerald for the rest)
Then a bunch more with extra crit damage gear

Well its going to take a while. its been over 36 hours and they still haven't rolled back my account. I tried calling but the phone queue is full and I get disconnected right away. I think its pretty clear that the hackers have a long list of vulnerable accounts (i.e. accounts without authenticators) and are moving down the list. I expect that tomorrow some other gaffer will report that their account has been hacked.

We've been seeing those reports at least once or twice a day, usually with "what the hell is an authenticator?" after people ask if they had one.

Nevermind beat him. Just had to be relentless, lol.

Yeah, like I mentioned, you've got to be constantly doing damage or it's going to take too long.

Askani

Well fuck. So I started a third character, a Witch Doctor, and got her all the way to Belial today. He killed me when he had about 10% life left for my first death with this character. Fine. I tweak my spells and try again. He nukes me pretty quick on some super high damage and square hits. Fine. I tweak my spells and try again. This time he casts a spell I've never seen him do before called "Disrupt Kansas City Power Grid". Talk about a giant "I win" button for the game. Goddamn. I mean, I've lived here two years now and I think this is the first time I've ever had a power problem, so it has to be his doing. What a cheap SOB.

Is this about right for Act III Hell? Think some of you guys were hitting like 20k DPS on their DHs at this point.

Raw DPS is about 7K without boosts

3MAsz.png

How indeed, maybe you are kiting too much :p I'm a barb with a lowly 9k dps and I've killed him 3 times already, 0 deaths.
yeah I was over kiting. Beat him by just running as far as possible, unloading non stop until he charged, then run to other end, repeat.

edit: nvm

Shouta

Beat Inferno Belial on my Monk with Opiate's help. I kept the Lamia off of him and survive the big hits and he brought Belial and stragglers down. You definitely need HP to go with the resist set for sure.

Well on another note I got to act 4 hell on my monk and after having spent so much time in the game I am really having mixed feelings about it. I really hate how dumbed down the weapon system has become, I hate being a monk and running around with weapons that I never actually use. I hate how they are just stats slots which might as well be rings or something, weapon type has become almost entirely irrelvant outside of some passives which aren't a big deal at all. I hate how off stats have become almost entirely useless and the randomization in the gear hasn't kept up with it. I hate how immunities are gone as they were a big factor in designing a good hell level build in Diablo 2. I hate how the difficultly can jump from being easy to die a dozen times to progress to reset because it's impossible to progress. D2 was like that but to so much lesser of a degree, and you also had so much more flexibility with how you designed your character to better deal with it. It was some really bad luck in D2 to run into an elite you couldn't kill where as D3 is like every 3rd elite pack sometimes.

I love the graphics, the atmosphere, the new classes, being able to use 6 hotkeyed skills instead of 2, and loot hunting is still fun despite it's flaws.

I am installing Diablo 2 right now just to see how it holds up after spending a solid week with Diablo 3.

I really hate how dumbed down the weapon system has become, I hate being a monk and running around with weapons that I never actually use. I hate how they are just stats slots which might as well be rings or something, weapon type has become almost entirely irrelvant outside of some passives which aren't a big deal at all.
Monk is definitely a weird feeling class because of this. On my Wizard it's not such a big deal since weapons were already stat sticks in D2 (and most RPGs ever) and Barb/DH get to actually attack with the weapons.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom