• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT3| Turn On Elective Mode, Get an Authenticator

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has blizzard said anything about the status of commodity auctions? They've been down for almost a week and it's really damn aggravating. I've been watching Kungen's stream for a couple days now and seem him use it a number of times on the EU server, so it seems this is only a problem with the NA auction house.

Boken

Banned
I'm seeing DH's taking down bosses in Inferno in like 20 seconds all over youtube. I assume they're gaming the crit mechanic (and using marked for death) which blows incredibly hard because it's the only way I can use MF gear without being slaughtered due to low DPS in Inferno.

They're going to nerf this so hard.

50% extra crit damage on crossbows with a skill
Up to like 100% extra crit with a socketed crossbow (that rolled crit damage as one of the magical properties, and then an emerald for the rest)
Then a bunch more with extra crit damage gear
I had a crossbow that rolled crit and had a socket. Had +250% crit damage at that point. Pretty hilarious.

Where at?

After about 7PM it's as about as smooth as it gets
Sydney, been getting 300+ ms all day for the last 3 days

goldensun

Is this about right for Act III Hell? Think some of you guys were hitting like 20k DPS on their DHs at this point.

Raw DPS is about 7K without boosts

3MAsz.png
Seems okay if you're just starting the act.

I just finished Act III Hell and here are my raw stats. You'll be making a lot of gold.

Rm6ri.jpg

eek5

I wonder about all those barbs/monks running around in Act 2 onwards in Inferno. Can you guys even kill goblins?

Most can barely kill the white enemies in Act 2 :lol

I think the DPS check in Act 2 is too high to kill goblins w/ barb though. Solo I can get it close but can never really get it and I'm using sprint so I close the gap when it runs pretty easily.

LordCanti

Anyone else have more stuff than they could likely sell through the AH in a week?

Has blizzard said anything about the status of commodity auctions? They've been down for almost a week and it's really damn aggravating. I've been watching Kungen's stream for a couple days now and seem him use it a number of times on the EU server, so it seems this is only a problem with the NA auction house.

What are you looking for? I'm stuffed full of a lot of craft items at this point (pages/tomes/etc)

Also stuffed full of gems.

Weird. 2 of my AH items have expired but it won't let me collect them. I just want to start selling stuff again.

Same. A bunch of my stuff went invisible in the AH, didn't sell, and now it's expired (but I can't get it back).

I was able to solo him on my Monk with 550ish resist and 30k HP, which I thought was undergeared.

I still haven't finished him. A monk was going to help yesterday (I forget who; Someone here) and then we never got around to it. It's pretty amazing that you could solo it.

parasight

Beat Inferno Belial on my Monk with Opiate's help. I kept the Lamia off of him and survive the big hits and he brought Belial and stragglers down. You definitely need HP to go with the resist set for sure.

I was able to solo him on my Monk with 550ish resist and 30k HP, which I thought was undergeared.

Anyone else have more stuff than they could likely sell through the AH in a week?

What are you looking for? I'm stuffed full of a lot of craft items at this point (pages/tomes/etc)

Also stuffed full of gems.

Random recipes and gems higher than Flawless Square.

In other news, holy shit at the difficulty spike between act 1 and act 2 inferno. What's the best place to farm? Did a few butcher runs and it's fairly easy, but not sure if it's the best in terms of yellows / hour

Zertez

Didnt know difficulty levels were locked by level. Just finished nightmare at lvl 48 and hell isnt available till level 50. Not sure why they would lock hell difficulty.

teh_pwn

"Saturated fat causes heart disease as much as Brawndo is what plants crave."
How is it this game has so many security holes that someone cleaning out an account is unchecked while something like using a hex editor to change gold in memory isn't a problem? I'm assuming that's the case anyway. Why would anyone go to the trouble to clean out someone else's inventory, which is a complete dick move, when you could give yourself infinite gold in cheat engine. Does Blizzard check only for the later?

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
That's enough for me today :3, like 27 witch doctor.

LordCanti

Random recipes and gems higher than Flawless Square.

In other news, holy shit at the difficulty spike between act 1 and act 2 inferno. What's the best place to farm? Did a few butcher runs and it's fairly easy, but not sure if it's the best in terms of yellows / hour

Everything higher than flawless square was cheaper to buy on the AH than to craft =/

The only recipe I have is exalted sovereign helm. Not sure how much it's worth, so it's hard to sell. Probably not much, but who knows without the AH.

How is it this game has so many security holes that someone cleaning out an account is unchecked while something like using a hex editor to change gold in memory isn't a problem? I'm assuming that's the case anyway. Why would anyone go to the trouble to clean out someone else's inventory, which is a complete dick move, when you could give yourself infinite gold in cheat engine. Does Blizzard check only for the later?

There is no such exploit right now. All of that is server side (or that's my understanding anyway).

Narag

Is this even possible with everything serverside?

Waikis

For those who are playing monks and have finished act2 inferno, how much dps do you guys have?

I currently have 19k DPS and 420ish res. It still takes aaaaaaages to kill the elites.

teh_pwn

"Saturated fat causes heart disease as much as Brawndo is what plants crave."
Is this even possible with everything serverside?

I haven't tried. A long time ago I was tempted though I'm single player, in Nightmare/Hell difficulty you're forced to go to auction house. So it's cheat cheating, and I don't do that.

But if the server can catch clients fucking with money, why can't it detect items being bulk transferred? Put a 64-bit id tag on each item and insta ban whoever is doing it.

LordCanti

I haven't tried. A long time ago I was tempted though I'm single player, in Nightmare/Hell difficulty you're forced to go to auction house. So it's cheat cheating, and I don't do that.

But if the server can catch clients fucking with money, why can't it detect items being bulk transferred? Put a 64-bit id tag on each item and insta ban whoever is doing it.

What?

Boken

Banned
For those who are playing monks and have finished act2 inferno, how much dps do you guys have?

I currently have 19k DPS and 420ish res. It still takes aaaaaaages to kill the elites.

I think most of us are using a max dps one shot build.

edit: oops, thought that was DH

Shouta

650 is probably the most ideal for Act 2 if not higher. You can get in and fight monsters as long as you have the Life Per Spirit Spent to heal yourself and can generate the Spirit. I have 676 base Resist but only 23k HP so I can survive most enemies if I'm careful.

I could've soloed Belial too actually but it takes a little bit as I only have something like 16k DPS unbuffed. I just didn't want him to randomly one-shot me so I needed more HP. Opiate came in and helped and did the heavy lifting on that front though so I could grab a bit of attention and take a few hits.

16k. Elites can take a bit but it's not bad if you can isolate one or two from the minions and regular critters. Gonna work on upgrading my damage though.

Fast Jailer Arcane Sand Wasps in Act 2 Inferno. I'm going to go out on a limb and saying no amount of gear will ever make this killable without dying.

Ugh fuck Inferno, the difficulty curve is just broken.

I'm so disappointed at how much better Median XL is in so many aspects compared to D3. It has highly challenging end game areas, builds up to them in a smooth difficulty curve, gives unique rewards for doing them and introduces new mechanics in the challenge. Gear comes with so many more stat choices and gear choices can completely change the way a character plays rather than just being 'same thing, higher stats' like in D3.

I'm kind of astonished that Blizzard couldn't do better than a free mod made by 1 guy. It's so sad. I just want to go to Blizz and sit them down and make them play Median XL and take notes.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Tried to take down Inferno Belial yesterday as a Wizard, but I won't be able to do it with my current eq. Jumped to act 3 to farm for gold/items since I've had more than enough of act 1 farming :|

Mupod

Fast Jailer Arcane Sand Wasps in Act 2 Inferno. I'm going to go out on a limb and saying no amount of gear will ever make this killable without dying.

I wouldn't say never, but that's definitely on the list of things that I avoid. By the time I run the gauntlet and get in melee range it just flies away.

I very rarely skip packs but some combinations just are not worth fighting.

These for example. I've killed something similar before but it took...a very long time. There's four 'flavors' of arcane constructs and the fire version is 10 times harder than the others.

iboRtPopItGuqO.jpg

I don't know what happened but today the game run very bad on my laptop, same drivers same game, but FPS were very low and sttutering everywhere.... It was OK yesterday!!! arrgghh

Make sure your laptop is running in high performance mode, or the equivalent. My laptop changed to battery saving mode on me a few days ago for some reason and it took me a little while to figure out why Diablo 3 was running so slow on my machine! Haha

Nekrono

Just got my first Legendary and it doesn't seem to be very good...

83393af935c5b6747c0893886e77370838e0d079.jpg

What do you guys suggest I do with it? Disenchant or sell (for how much) on the AH?

parasight

I actually finished Act 2 with just under 10k. Bought a blue fist that had almost 900dps today and jumped up to about 12k. Been slowly working through Act 3. Had 5 stacks but those stupid toads with their tongues. So damn annoying.

joesmokey

This game is a love/hate relationship with me now. Act I Inferno and I'm just bored of running the same levels over again already. However, I can't stop thinking about upgrading gear pieces and finding something amazing when I'm not playing. I still get excited when I see a yellow piece, even though it almost always ends up being a 200dps weapon :(.

Are the 1k dps+ weapons only found from Act 2 and later farming?

This game is a love/hate relationship with me now. Act I Inferno and I'm just bored of running the same levels over again already. However, I can't stop thinking about upgrading gear pieces and finding something amazing when I'm not playing. I still get excited when I see a yellow piece, even though it almost always ends up being a 200dps weapon :(.

Are the 1k dps+ weapons only found from Act 2 and later farming?

I think they're only found from act 3/4 inferno. I've yet to see anything worth a crap from act 2, although admittedly it's so ridiculous killing elites there I haven't really tried much.

Nekrono

Man "Resist All" makes this game so much easier (at least for a Barb), running Act II Hell with these stats (unbuffed)...

efa72aa7c16807750f2710caf59fa316d1b5a207.jpg

28k HP (unbuffed)

Going through everything with ease, except a few elite packs that really just take a couple of minutes to get rid of.

Damn my account was hacked-and all my loot and gold was taken. Pretty dick move.

I logged a ticket and asked for an "Account rollback"-pretty ridiculous that I have to do this-but I'm tired of beating my "this should be an offline single player game" drum.

Just got my first Legendary and it doesn't seem to be very good...

83393af935c5b6747c0893886e77370838e0d079.jpg

What do you guys suggest I do with it? Disenchant or sell (for how much) on the AH?

Look it up and see how much it goes for. Absolutely no reason to break it down. You'll get something for it.

For that level the DPS is woeful. Although, not as bad as this crossbow that I got

VmsHh.png

Who in their right mind would use this at level 56?

DirtyLary

I'm loving the game but damn, all the exploits have really set some players ahead of everyone in gear, progression and gold while the rest of us struggle and earn our way. Serious bs if it effects the RMAH. If they did a reset I wouldn't complain at this time. Big balls if Blizzard went down that road.

LordCanti

I farmed the A4 minibosses in Inferno for over an hour while listening to podcasts. Junk loot all the time at 150% MF. I'm starting to believe people that say they may have been nerfed.

glass cannon DH build is pretty awesome in a full party but solo'ing inferno act 2 is pretty hilarious. This other DH got upset at me in a public game because I only had 16k HP but he was getting 1 shotted more then me. The difference is my DPS was WAY higher....so that guy can kiss my ass.

anyone have any rare/legendary recipes they wanna sell? I'm actually be interested in buying them.

Is exalted sovereign helm any good?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom