• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT3| Turn On Elective Mode, Get an Authenticator

Status
Not open for further replies.
glass cannon DH build is pretty awesome in a full party but solo'ing inferno act 2 is pretty hilarious. This other DH got upset at me in a public game because I only had 16k HP but he was getting 1 shotted more then me. The difference is my DPS was WAY higher....so that guy can kiss my ass.

anyone have any rare/legendary recipes they wanna sell? I'd actually be interested in buying them.

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
When you run into that one drop that you can sell for hundreds of thousands, it makes all the shitty drops worth it.

This game is like if Diablo and Recettear had a baby, and it's awesome.

eek5

I farmed the A4 minibosses in Inferno for over an hour while listening to podcasts. Junk loot all the time at 150% MF. I'm starting to believe people that say they may have been nerfed.

Is exalted sovereign helm any good?

I did it before the supposed nerf and it was still pretty bad. The thing is you're hoping to get a level 60 drop then you're hoping the 2 mods it has are dps mods then on top of that you're hoping the roll is good. The only difference in Act 4 seems to be that those weapons can get the higher tiered rolls whereas those weapon drops in act 1 couldn't even get close. It's a slow, slow, and unrewarding grind though.

Narag

makes no sense.. why are all these legendary items so crappy?

They didn't want them to be the end goal for folk so blue/yellows are able to spawn with better stats that render a lot of legendaries useless. Blizz is looking into fixing the issue from what I read as the playerbase wants the legendaries to live up to their name. I'd have rather they left them called uniques and made a higher endgame tier with the legendary name to avoid all this.

LordCanti

I wouldn't know to be honest but I've been really into crafting and would like to get some new recipes. I wish gems/crafting AH was still up. :(

I'm reluctant to sell a recipe without knowing what the market says it's worth. That's kind of also the reason I've still got hundreds of gems/tomes/pages/etc sitting around collecting dust.

I've easily got 20+ things that need to be sold, in addition to the auctions I already have going.

I did it before the supposed nerf and it was still pretty bad. The thing is you're hoping to get a level 60 drop then you're hoping the 2 mods it has are dps mods then on top of that you're hoping the roll is good. The only difference in Act 4 seems to be that those weapons can get the higher tiered rolls whereas those weapon drops in act 1 couldn't even get close. It's a slow, slow, and unrewarding grind though.

Yeah, I won't be doing it again. If I can't get anything at 150% MF in an hour, it's not worth it. In the same hour I could have gathered over a hundred thousand gold easily.

Ferrio

Banned
How do DH's doing act 2+? I get one shotted, and I don't think bulking up in defense will help much. I'm guessing it's pretty much you gotta do enough damage before you run outta discipline?

Narag

I'd like to come across some of the grand exalted recipes as drops myself. The idea of crafting yellows with six modifiers is enticing.

Yeppers

How do DH's doing act 2+? I get one shotted, and I don't think bulking up in defense will help much. I'm guessing it's pretty much you gotta do enough damage before you run outta discipline?

DH's are currently the top class for farming the later acts in my opinion, with Wiz and Barb close behind. I'm running around with 79k dps WITHOUT sharpshooter passive, 150k+ with. I might only have 16k hp but who cares when I am 2-3 shotting every normal act 3-4 mob and melting champ packs / bosses. If I had to guess, the next round of nerfs for DH will be hitting crit damage, nether tentacles, and sharpshooter.

Ferrio

Banned
DH's are currently the top class for farming the later acts in my opinion, with Wiz and Barb close behind. I'm running around with 79k dps WITHOUT sharpshooter passive, 150k+ with. I might only have 16k hp but who cares when I am 2-3 shotting every normal act 3-4 mob and melting champ packs / bosses. If I had to guess, the next round of nerfs for DH will be hitting crit damage, nether tentacles, and sharpshooter.

What's the dps on your bow?

LordCanti

79k without SS? How?

I agree though. The crit damage nerf is almost certainly coming. Care to explain why nether would need nerfing (I genuinely don't know)?

Yeppers

What's the dps on your bow?

It is only an 1160 crossbow with 60% crit damage. My damage would skyrocket if I got ahold of a 1400+ with a socket. Even at 79k dps, there are still alot of upgrades out there I need. There are actually alot of great legendary items. Andy helm, Beckon Sail, Promise of Glory, Bo Janglers and many more. The legendary weapons are pretty terrible though, and I am sure blizz will fix them soon enough.

79k without SS? How?

I agree though. The crit damage nerf is almost certainly coming. Care to explain why nether would need nerfing (I genuinely don't know)?

Attack speed on both rings, bracers, chest, amulet, helm. Stack as much dex as possible. Throw in some crit damage and a good weapon and you have alot of damage. Nether tentacles can hit the same mob multiple times if the mob is large enough, which gives huge damage for 10 hatred on alot of bosses.

Ferrio

Banned
It is only an 1160 crossbow with 60% crit damage. My damage would skyrocket if I got ahold of a 1400+ with a socket. Even at 79k dps, there are still alot of upgrades out there I need. There are actually alot of great legendary items. Andy helm, Beckon Sail, Promise of Glory, Bo Janglers and many more. The legendary weapons are pretty terrible though, and I am sure blizz will fix them soon enough.

Hrm ya I'm only sitting 850 rare. Could up my dex quite a bit too. It's at 1400.

What do you do about reflect mobs?

LordCanti

Attack speed on both rings, bracers, chest, amulet, helm. Stack as much dex as possible. Throw in some crit damage and a good weapon and you have alot of damage. Nether tentacles can hit the same mob multiple times if the mob is large enough, which gives huge damage for 10 hatred on alot of bosses.

How did you afford all of that? o_O

You guys would be surprised at how much power you can get by giving up any semblance of survival. Blizzard really didn't think about it at all when designing the elites, the missile damping modifier is like the one that shows up the least and guess what, full-powered range classes can have a field day, heh.

Our nerf is coming, don't worry.

I don't have the gold to take advantage of the broken mechanics. I'd guess that very few people do. We'll all suffer for what they're doing though.

Shouta

You guys would be surprised at how much power you can get by giving up any semblance of survival. Blizzard really didn't think about it at all when designing the elites, the missile damping modifier is like the one that shows up the least and guess what, full-powered range classes can have a field day, heh.

Waikis

I actually finished Act 2 with just under 10k. Bought a blue fist that had almost 900dps today and jumped up to about 12k. Been slowly working through Act 3. Had 5 stacks but those stupid toads with their tongues. So damn annoying.

Did you skip a lot of the elites?

Yeppers

How did you afford all of that? o_O

Lots of farming and some luck. I have probably only spent about 6 million on my gear, the rest I have found.

Hrm ya I'm only sitting 850 rare. Could up my dex quite a bit too. It's at 1400.

What do you do about reflect mobs?

If I am near a waypoint or I have Tyrael with me, I just zerg them down. Blow SS as much as possible. If I want to get fancy I fire 4-5 shots and as they hit the target I use SS, then kite till I get more disc, and repeat.

Totakeke

Isn't ball lightning even better than nether tentacles doing the multiple hits on a mob thing? I tried nether tentacles and I didn't get it. The life gain certainly didn't matter.

LordCanti

Isn't ball lightning even better than nether tentacles doing the multiple hits on a mob thing? I tried nether tentacles and I didn't get it. The life gain certainly didn't matter.

Ball lightning is a slow projectile, while nether is fast, I guess. These guys stand right next to bosses and mow them down. There are videos of them doing it all over youtube.

I'd have to sell everything I have to get up to the money I'd need to make that kind of build. Then they'd nerf it, and I'd be holding the bag.

Yeppers

For some reason, ball lightning only does half of the damage it is supposed to. I crit for 130k with nether, I crit for 50-60k with lightning ball.

W1SSY

Is anyone able to se items in the auction house that are about to end? On mine I can only find items with over a day left.

nilbog21

Banned
Cool, just got hacked. Was playing in a private game (never played public) when someone logged on to my account twice. By the time I could change the password I got back in and my dude was naked. I had millions worth of gear...coolgame

i can't beleive they charge you for a fucking authenticator so you don't get hacked. what kind of bullshit is this..

going through again on nightmare, god the story is worse the 2nd time around, I have this weird love hate relationship with Diablo 3, some of it seems great (art, gameplay), and other parts just seems so half assed (gear, balance, act 4, the entire main storyline, Blizzard lore retcon #1293761281). And I feel like we needed 5 full acts (instead of 3.5).

Shadow780

How come duel wielding crossbows does less damage than a single 1hand bow and a quiver?

The quiver isn't even that good with atk spd+11% and dex+100 or so.

going through again on nightmare, god the story is worse the 2nd time around, I have this weird love hate relationship with Diablo 3, some of it seems great (art, gameplay), and other parts just seems so half assed (gear, balance, act 4, the entire main storyline, Blizzard lore retcon #1293761281). And I feel like we needed 5 full acts (instead of 3.5).

Expansion packs :p

Riggs

Banned
How come duel wielding crossbows does less damage than a single 1hand bow and a quiver?

The quiver isn't even that good with atk spd+11% and dex+100 or so.

Tell me about it. That's why I don't dual wield, it's just not worth it. The attack from the 2nd 1h crossbow get's halfed, at least. Like all dual wield I guess.

Plus in inferno dual wielding is a death sentence anyway from what I understand. Either 2h bow or shield, pretty sure I will be sticking with 2h if it's viable.

LordCanti

Tell me about it. That's why I don't dual wield, it's just not worth it. The attack from the 2nd 1h crossbow get's halfed, at least. Like all dual wield I guess.

Plus in inferno dual wielding is a death sentence anyway from what I understand. Either 2h bow or shield, pretty sure I will be sticking with 2h if it's viable.

Anything short of min/maxing DPS is a death sentence past Inferno act 1.

Edit: For a Demon Hunter. You'll also want as much discipline as you can get without sacrificing DPS.

Toki767

Cool, just got hacked. Was playing in a private game (never played public) when someone logged on to my account twice. By the time I could change the password I got back in and my dude was naked. I had millions worth of gear...coolgame

i can't beleive they charge you for a fucking authenticator so you don't get hacked. what kind of bullshit is this..

Err...sucks that you got hacked, but the authenticator is free if you have an iOS or Android device.

colinp

Banned
Man, not having an authenticator is way more HARDCORE than HARDCORE mode!

Well, I guess you can complain to Blizz and they'll restore your account so maybe not.

Shadow780

duel wielding looks so badass though, I WAS TRICKED AT CLASS SELECTION SCREEN!

Won

Resistances definitely helped a lot for me, but I'm not playing the super high dps crit no survivability game. That doesn't sound fun to me in the long run.

Ketch

Found a legendary on act 2 nightmare.
legendary.png
No good for me, but it was perfect for my monk friend who has been playing the whole game with me coop. It's like still useful and everything.

Also, Pirate Doctor:

colinp

Banned
How come you can't search for rings with + Damage on the AH? Arghasdfhdf!

Also, what's error 32113 on the AH? I can't buyout a ring for cheap, arghasdfhdf!

So nether tentacles are best choice for DH in Hell/Inferno as primary attack ?
Hmm i was using frost.

And i assume at later stages you need to drop sentry from build to save discipline for smoke?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom