• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT3| Turn On Elective Mode, Get an Authenticator

Status
Not open for further replies.

Totakeke

So nether tentacles are best choice for DH in Hell/Inferno as primary attack ?
Hmm i was using frost.

And i assume at later stages you need to drop sentry from build to save discipline for smoke?

Sentry always felt like a skill that was only useful for slow burn fights which DH fights almost never are. I definitely don't think that needing more discipline is the reason people don't use Sentry.

Anyone else think that the unstable AH are driving prices down even faster for most items? People selling stuffs are constrained by how fast their items can sell, and if their items aren't selling they try to price it even lower. Now your market is crashing because items keep being generated but they can't be sold.

colinp

Banned
All I gotta say is keep the AH prices down you dirty 1%ers.

Occupy Diablo! Who's with me?

Ahahaha, I'm with ya!

It is amazing what kind of deals you can find though, especially at lower levels. I try to pay it forward when it comes time for me to sell stuff. <3 AH

Jubbly

ok i know i need more resists. keep dying constantly in act 3 hell. anything else? should i wait til 60 to get new gear?
kCNAz.jpg

There's a long way to go between 56 and 60 and I doubt you'd survive Act IV without an upgrade, even if you cheesed your way through III.

Ramirez

Man, we just beat Belial on Inferno in 4 player coop, truly a butt puckering experience. Not a single rare drop, we didn't have any valor though. :(

http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/demon-hunter#bRYTXV!eXY!YcZZZc

Build I'm running currently, any other DH's have suggestions? I got it from the DH forums...

I also found an Exalted Xbow pattern for the blacksmith tonight, it cost 140K to craft it, I needed 6 more essences to do it, hopefully it's worth it. =\

LordCanti

Anyone else think that the unstable AH are driving prices down even faster for most items? People selling stuffs are constrained by how fast their items can sell, and if their items aren't selling they try to price it even lower. Now your market is crashing because items keep being generated but they can't be sold.

Bows that used to go for 250+ are lucky to fetch 100 now. We're talking...three days ago, they were more than twice the price. I think the weekend generated so much volume (as did the AH going up and down like a rollercoaster) that the floor just kind of fell out.

I'm sitting on a ton of stuff that would have made me more gold if it hadn't gone invisible from the AH over the past couple of days. I'm not thrilled with Blizzard right now, but there's nothing I can do.

Instead of making 100k a flip, I'll probably make 20-50 =/

Man, we just beat Belial on Inferno in 4 player coop, truly a butt puckering experience. Not a single rare drop, we didn't have any valor though. :(

http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/demon-hunter#bRYTXV!eXY!YcZZZc

Build I'm running currently, any other DH's have suggestions? I got it from the DH forums...

I also found an Exalted Xbow pattern for the blacksmith tonight, it cost 140K to craft it, I needed 6 more essences to do it, hopefully it's worth it. =\

Don't do it. Look at what you can get on the AH for 140k.

Riggs

Banned
Anything short of min/maxing DPS is a death sentence past Inferno act 1.

Edit: For a Demon Hunter. You'll also want as much discipline as you can get without sacrificing DPS.

Not sure what you mean by Anything short of min/maxing DPS is a death sentence past Inferno Act 1. Basically saying don't sacrifice DPS right?

Ramirez

Not sure what you mean by Anything short of min/maxing DPS is a death sentence past Inferno Act 1. Basically saying don't sacrifice DPS right?

Yea, just maximize your DPS, everything one shots you anyways. I have 40K health and pretty much anything that sneezes on me kills me instantly.

Atrus

Gold Member
So nether tentacles are best choice for DH in Hell/Inferno as primary attack ?
Hmm i was using frost.

And i assume at later stages you need to drop sentry from build to save discipline for smoke?

I use Devouring Arrow + Screaming Skulls myself with Nether Tentacles as the other option. Aside from Shielding and Invulnerable mobs, that combination should allow the DH to take care of pretty much any non-Boss mob in the game without being hit.

I also use Valley of Death when kiting and try to have the mobs fear back and forth over it.

LordCanti

Right. You could spend a ton of gold and only be able to take a couple more hits, or you could spend gold and take things down before they can hit you.

Short of going with the probably-soon-to-be-nerfed critical damage build, most encounters with champ mobs are going to end very poorly without caltrops, traps, Smoke Screen and a lot of kiting anyway. Building a DH to take hits makes absolutely no sense.

Opiate

How do DH's doing act 2+? I get one shotted, and I don't think bulking up in defense will help much. I'm guessing it's pretty much you gotta do enough damage before you run outta discipline?

Correct. The DHs I've seen farming Act III have 100k+ DPS (with Sharpshooter, of course).

Ramirez

Do you guys use Sharpshooter over Night Stalker? I guess it depends on how much Discipline you have to begin with...I'm only at 40 currently.

Riggs

Banned
Right. You could spend a ton of gold and only be able to take a couple more hits, or you could spend gold and take things down before they can hit you.

Short of going with the probably-soon-to-be-nerfed critical damage build, most encounters with champ mobs are going to end very poorly without caltrops, traps, Smoke Screen and a lot of kiting anyway. Building a DH to take hits makes absolutely no sense.

Using Opiates suggestions so far and it's working. I mean what can we use at this point to try and get mobs away from us for a few seconds so we can kill them though?

Caltrops is worthless basically in Hell I've found. Right now I am using Smoke Screen to run away and get some attacks in. I never use traps really.

Prep/Smoke Screen/Companion-Bat (for hatred regen). Impale-stun/Hunger/Multi (Not high enough lvl for elemental's last rune).

Seems to be working, but damn I miss Caltrops so much : (

LordCanti

Do you guys use Sharpshooter over Night Stalker? I guess it depends on how much Discipline you have to begin with...I'm only at 40 currently.

There's a semi-bug that gives you a lot more critical hits than you should get when using Sharpshooter and a hatred spender.

Not using it is throwing away DPS IMO.

Using Opiates suggestions so far and it's working. I mean what can we use at this point to try and get mobs away from us for a few seconds so we can kill them though?

Caltrops is worthless basically in Hell I've found. Right now I am using Smoke Screen to run away and get some attacks in. I never use traps really.

Prep/Smoke Screen/Companion-Bat (for hatred regen). Impale-stun/Hunger/Multi (Not high enough lvl for elemental's last rune).

Caltrops + the rune that stops enemies for a second or so (I forget the name) is pretty crucial in the higher acts, unless you take stuff down so quick that it doesn't even matter.

Riggs

Banned
There's a semi-bug that gives you a lot more critical hits than you should get when using Sharpshooter and a hatred spender.

So when I am using Multishot w/ Sharpshooter I am getting crits I shouldn't be getting? Noticed I am critting a fuck load. I guess this will get nerfed to?

Won

Caltrops is godlike in Inferno imo.

Riggs

Banned

Caltrops + the rune that stops enemies for a second or so (I forget the name) is pretty crucial in the higher acts, unless you take stuff down so quick that it doesn't even matter.

Caltrops is godlike in Inferno imo.

How can you use Caltrops + the 80% rune though? Everything just teleports past it, or those champs that are so fast Caltrops basically does nothing it seems. Or the champs pull you to them. It seems like a waste to bother using it, and I love Caltrops don't get me wrong. Wish it was more effective past nightmare.

I want to be wrong about this btw, just what I am experiencing at the moment.

sega4ever

im trying to buy an authenticator from blizzard, but under payment options i only see a list of credit cards. please don't tell me i can't use paypal to pay for one since thats what i used to buy diablo 3.

Ramirez

Yea, tonight was actually the first night I stopped using it. I was way more worried about having discipline to survive in A2, it had been destroying us the past couple nights.

Do tell us the result though, so none of us has to make that same mistake again. :p

For sure, I'm sure the results will be hilarious.

Riggs, I think they mean Torturous Ground, which immobilizes them for 2 seconds. I switched to that after using the increased slow for a long time because it was not working in Inferno.

LordCanti

So when I am using Multishot w/ Sharpshooter I am getting crits I shouldn't be getting? Noticed I am critting a fuck load. I guess this will get nerfed to?

This is my understanding of what is going on anyway. Watch this guy take down Act 3's boss in Inferno in 22 seconds

Riggs, I think they mean Torturous Ground, which immobilizes them for 2 seconds. I switched to that after using the increased slow for a long time because it was not working in Inferno.

Yeah, that's the one. Three of those in a row and stuff just gets kind of stuck like glue.

Riggs

Banned
This is my understanding of what is going on anyway. Watch this guy take down Act 3's boss in Inferno in 22 seconds

Yeah, that's the one. Three of those in a row and stuff just gets kind of stuck like glue.

Ya this made me just realize, I should be using Smokescreen w/ breathe deep. That hatred regen! At least on boss's like that.

Yea, tonight was actually the first night I stopped using it. I was way more worried about having discipline to survive in A2, it had been destroying us the past couple nights.

For sure, I'm sure the results will be hilarious.

Thank you!! And Canti/Opiate also thanks guys. Will be trying the 2 sec rune for sure.

Macattk15

Crazy. Makes me wonder what you are using right now that this one goes for sale :)

Well. I'm a Wizard so the stats aren't Ideal ... and I have 2 15% IAS 80 INT rings on.

I really don't have any Crit % at all on my Wiz.

But I figure I can make a pretty penny off that ring for some DH/Monk especially.

Riggs

Banned
Well. I'm a Wizard so the stats aren't Ideal ... and I have 2 15% IAS 80 INT rings on.

But I figure I can make a pretty penny off that ring for some DH/Monk especially.

Yep. I would be buying it from you right now if I had money : )

LordCanti

Rings can be had with just as much dex as well as attack speed (15% or so, I think). Per ring, that's 30% additional speed, and a ton of dex. I'm not the greatest theorycrafter, but I don't think +10-22 damage makes up for the lack of the 15% AS.

The extra crit chance is nice, but we've (DH's) already got a skill that boosts crit. With most of our spells, we crit multiple times per second anyway (send a lightning ball, or similar thing through a mob and you'll see multiple crits).

Check the AH to find it's value for sure though. I'm not a monk, so I'm not as sure what they need. The extra crit chance may be huge to them.

Is it just me or is there actually better and better gear showing up on the AH?

Seems that RNG took its time and is spewing some pretty good stuff. Finally.

Macattk15

Rings can be had with just as much dex as well as attack speed (15% or so, I think). Per ring, that's 30% additional speed, and a ton of dex. I'm not the greatest theorycrafter, but I don't think +10-22 damage makes up for the lack of the 15% AS.

The extra crit chance is nice, but we've (DH's) already got a skill that boosts crit. With most of our spells, we crit multiple times per second anyway (send a lightning ball, or similar thing through a mob and you'll see multiple crits).

Check the AH to find it's value for sure though. I'm not a monk, so I'm not as sure what they need. The extra crit chance may be huge to them.

The closest rings I could find close to what I have are up there for around 500k. Sounds fine to me.

Riggs

Banned

Is he also using Nether Tentacles on that Elemental Arrow?

LordCanti

There seems to be a slow creep of DPS on weapons. The top stuff was 1000 a week ago, and it's up to 1500 or so. I don't think anything new is dropping, just that more people are in Inferno Act 4 now, and those people getting 1500 DPS things before were likely selling them for real money.

Is he also using Nether Tentacles on that Elemental Arrow?

Yeah. That guys build appears to be top of the line. +crit damage (and attack speed) on everything most likely, as well as the most discipline you can get from gear, and the fastest hatred regen.

Sh1ner

Played public last night, all my armour stats on loot I have found now exceed everything that is available to me from the black smith. All black smiths stuff that in inferior to my current armour set is locked out to me as they are level locked to 25 and I am 21.

:|

I was considering training my blacksmith to a higher level but I assume all new items he produces would also be level locked.

I am a monk and looking to use dagger 1h with shield. What level do I need to train my blacksmith so he can start forging daggers? I already have him at adept level.

froliq

People are also further now. Farming Act 2 and 3 instead of 1. And there was this easy act 4 farm, but it doesn't drop rares anymore now.

Riggs

Banned
There seems to be a slow creep of DPS on weapons. The top stuff was 1000 a week ago, and it's up to 1500 or so. I don't think anything new is dropping, just that more people are in Inferno Act 4 now, and those people getting 1500 DPS things before were likely selling them for real money.

Yeah. That guys build appears to be top of the line. +crit damage (and attack speed) on everything most likely, as well as the most discipline you can get from gear, and the fastest hatred regen.

Nice good info, thanks again bud.

Swig_

So.. umm.. I'm not getting any rare drops off of bosses in Nightmare solo... is this normal?

Just killed Belial, Nightmare.. I got a handful of blues and whites and that's it.

Pretty sure I got nothing of value from The Butcher, as well..

So.. umm.. I'm not getting any rare drops off of bosses in Nightmare solo... is this normal?

Just killed Belial, Nightmare.. I got a handful of blues and whites and that's it.

u only get rares drops the first time u beat them. so yes, thats normal

Yep i got nothing worthwille from them in whole Nightmare.

Ryan_

Any wizards in Act 2 - 4 Inferno mind telling me what stats they invest in defensewise?
resist all? vit? Or just plain old int en glass canon

Opiate

This isn't logical. A more rational explanation would be this: as time goes on, an increasingly large number of people are farming late game inferno. With an increasingly large number of people farming, an increasingly large set of good weapons and armor will show up. This effect should continue to snowball.

Totakeke

u only get rares drops the first time u beat them. so yes, thats normal

I wonder if you skip beating the bosses at lower difficulty then beat them first time in the higher difficulties, will you still get rares considering your character beats them the first time?

Not like there's any real point doing that of course.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom