• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT3| Turn On Elective Mode, Get an Authenticator

Status
Not open for further replies.
actually i should correct myself. you can also get rares after first play through but its a lot more uncommon. They aren't guaranteed like in normal. I actually got a legendary drop on one of the nightmare bosses.

Jubbly

Any wizards in Act 2 - 4 Inferno mind telling me what stats they invest in defensewise?
resist all? vit? Or just plain old int en glass canon

Resist all is the most valuable Inferno stat, as evident by the AH prices.

actually i should correct myself. you can also get rares after first play through but its a lot more uncommon. They aren't guaranteed like in normal. I actually got a legendary drop on one of the nightmare bosses.

A full five stacks of Nephalem Valor pretty much guarantees 2-3 rares per boss kill.

MKAllDay

Can I get a price check on this please? I figure even though the attributes are low the high dmg, ias, and resist rolls more than make up for it. Plus a little life regen never hurts.
TYuvz.jpg

joesmokey

Well The Butcher Act I Inferno was much easier than I thought it would be. No good drops of course, what else is new :).

Time to save Act II Inferno for another day...

Jubbly

Can I get a price check on this please? I figure even though the attributes are low the high dmg, ias, and resist rolls more than make up for it. Plus a little life regen never hurts.

TYuvz.jpg

A little bit of everything, good resists and decent IAS make this a pretty expensive ring given the ridiculous ring prices. No idea what price, but pretty high.

now doing 51,168 damage with my Wizard. Picked up a 1350dps mace for a decent price. I fucking expect to not get raped in Act II.

Maybe just softly banged.

Vit could be better (~35,000HP) but that can be addressed later. I should be able to farm Act I for sure. Act II, we'll see.

This isn't logical. A more rational explanation would be this: as time goes on, an increasingly large number of people are farming late game inferno. With an increasingly large number of people farming, an increasingly large set of good weapons and armor will show up. This effect should continue to snowball.

Basically what I thought but could not explain :) Thanks!

Is it worth Blacksmithing? Wondering if I should Train & salvage & forge some items or whether i should just save my money and buy things from Merchants or the shop

I'm about to hit 60 with my Wizard. How should should I be gearing him? Just go for as much DPS as possible or mix of Vit+Int?

Max Int, with as much vit as you can get with that max int. Oh and attack speed!

Come Act II, Inferno, you'll want to have some things with all resist on them as well, so put All Resist in the filtering mix as well to see what you get.

Before Act II, it doesn't really matter...so I'd kinda recommend maxing the int with some vit so that you can farm Act I comfortably. then use the money made to buy stuff with Int+vit+All Resist.

Make sure your boots have +movement speed on them. 10%-15%, preferably.

Oh, and don't sleep on critical damage boosters.

eek5

TYuvz.jpg

Probably between 5-10 million. There is a 52 resis +6%life, 15% ias 62 vita one that has been sitting around for 7 hours @ 15 mil so yours is probably worth less than that.

Max Int, with as much vit as you can get with that max int. Oh and attack speed!

Come Act II, Inferno, you'll want to have some things with all resist on them as well, so put All Resist in the filtering mix as well to see what you get.

Before Act II, it doesn't really matter...so I'd kinda recommend maxing the int with some vit so that you can farm Act I comfortably. then use the money made to buy stuff with Int+vit+All Resist.

Make sure your boots have +movement speed on them. 10%-15%, preferably.

Oh, and don't sleep on critical damage boosters.

Okay. Thanks for the help.

Audioboxer

What class do you guys think would be the biggest change of style from a Barb? Whilst my girl can't co-op with me I'm going to have my own 'side project'. At level 30 on my Barb right now.

I'm thinking Demon Hunter?

BigDug13

Not impressed with zombie dogs. Tried to do a 4 cool down build for them but you give up too much. Having 4 things on cool down in order to maximize damage results in nothing being available when I have to hit the "oh shit" buttons. I prefer to machine gun the rain of frogs button. 130% damage over 2 seconds from as far away as I want.

Even at level 55, I'm still using leaping spiders with a bit of raining frogs. Cheap enough so that I can lay them out whenever and since they're fire and forget, I can keep a kiting posture with elites.

Something I discovered about the groping eels. They actually benefit from IAS items. Right now, they show 55% of weapons damage. If I take some IAS away, it drops down to like 40. If I get the frenzy blessing, it shows 66%.

So if you have some good IAS, groping eels becomes pretty good for your snare.

I run with gargantuan/stinker, should harvest/siphon, spirit walk/honored guest, plague of toads/rain of toads, corpse spiders/leaping spiders, and either grasp of the dead/eels or hex/hedge magic. Passives are spirit vessel, pierce the veil, and jungle fortitude. In groups I swap out pierce for bad medicine since it actually negatively affects mob damage which helps everyone and not just me. The toads and gargantuan apply the debuff.

Not a big fan of the 60 second or 120 second cool down abilities. Champs, elites, and bosses have way too many hps to really make it worthwhile IMO since you use it then you have nothing for the rest of the fight.

That's gotten me through Hell Act 2 so far. Even mosquitoes fall to the leaping spider Zerg. Fire and forget Zerg force.

I have 5400 dps and 20k hps. I know I need to upgrade the hps/armor soon. I like to warp through the pack with spirit walk and catch them all with soul harvest. Raises my dps by about 50-60% if I catch 4-5. cools down in 13 seconds and I can redo it to heal up and keep damage up with decent mana recovery.

Hell is still pretty tough.

Just beat Hell mode, the Nephalem buff is amazing
Diablo
was the first act boss I killed since Normal mode that dropped any rare items, and not only did he drop rares, he dropped 4 of them along with about 8 Magic items (5/5 Neph + 62% MF gear)

Here's my Witchdoctor at the start of Inferno. 35k HP and 12.7k Damage. Some of my gear is real old and I think I may be pushing Vitality more than I should but people scare me with their Inferno tales. I definitely plan to farm Hell for a while.

ibzbcgiE6ajPF1.jpg

Thrakier

I have no chance in Hell Act 2 against elites/champions. Normal foes arent a big problem but those guys kill me without me having the slightest chance. Any suggestions? Health is around 18k.

seriously this is the only option..

I can't believe it's up for debate -__-

man our class is designed for dual wielding xbows... take advantage of that shit son!

seriously. I solod ALL of hell with NO problem dual wielding xbows

:)

BigDug13

Acid Rain is better than Rain of Frogs isn't it? Both can be casted at any distance and do splash.

Acid rain costs an ass ton of mana and hits for 175% of damage over 3 seconds. Yeah it hits a wider area, but I can chain cast 6 rain of frogs for the same cost, each dealing 130% damage. Against a single target, the rain of frogs is still mana efficient, and against groups, it's still mana efficient.

Each cast of leaping spiders does 228% damage over 4 seconds (3 attacks in 4 secs x 4 spiders x 19% dmg each). Each cast of raining frogs deals 130% over 2 seconds AE.

I utilize the frogs for both single target and AE so it's more versatile. I would never cast the acid on anything less than 3-4 targets because otherwise it's not efficient at all.

Bradach

Finally level 60. Sold some gloves for 400k too o.o;;
Sold it right away...guess I could had gotten more...woops.

When i'm not sure i don't put a buyout pirce, just a high starting bid. that way if i've completely mis priced something theres a chance of a bidding war

Cromat

Is the Witch Doctor viable in the harder difficulties?
Any general tips or pointers? I'm currently in Act 2 normal, this is my first time playing Diablo (except for playing the first game when I was little).

I think I just woke myself up prematurely by screaming in my sleep. The cause? Me and a friend actually managed to down The Butcher on Inferno after 2+ hours before bedtime, only to have The Butcher drop *%@&ty blues.

Farm boss this ain't!

So, I went ahead and took another shot at The Butcher solo since waking up. I did manage to down him with two stacks of Nephalem Valor on. And guess what? He dropped nothing but *%@&ty blues.

Do I get to play the "How are my character's stats, NeoGAF" game now?

drlush.jpg

I need to play around with my build more. I thought I would try to see what I could make out of the ZB build for ACT II. Build be damned, I simply don't think I am geared well enough.

Here's my Witchdoctor at the start of Inferno. 35k HP and 12.7k Damage. Some of my gear is real old and I think I may be pushing Vitality more than I should but people scare me with their Inferno tales. I definitely plan to farm Hell for a while.
You'll be just fine in Act I. I'm sitting at 40,666 VIT health (yeah. not joking about the 666, HA!) and you see my DPS above, and I've managed to down The Butcher fairly easily.

Jrmint

seriously this is the only option..

I can't believe it's up for debate -__-

man our class is designed for dual wielding xbows... take advantage of that shit son!

seriously. I solod ALL of hell with NO problem dual wielding xbows

:)
I feel like I get better damage with a bow, and I'm not worried about crit with Sharpshooter.

Polo67

I'm confused as to how somone one can take all your gold and your gear from your account . What do they do? Log In your account play the game and drop all your shit and some other person comes and pick it up? Are they working in teams or what?

confuziz

Banned
I got a question;

Let's say i got a 700 DPS bow with +34% dmg and another bow with 900 DPS.

The inventory screen shows me the 900 DPS bow is better, but I'm not sure the +34% dmg of the other bow is included in the inventory screen.

Now which one is better? In other words, are the extra % totals already included in the bow dmg?

I got a question;

The inventory screen shows me the 900 DPS bow is better, but I'm not sure the +34% dmg of the other bow is included in the inventory screen.

Now which one is better? In other words, are the extra % totals already included in the bow dmg?

+dmg% on weapons only affects the damage on the weapon itself, not your overall damage.

The 900 DPS bow is better.

Woo-Fu

Banned
I need to play around with my build more. I thought I would try to see what I could make out of the ZB build for ACT II. Build be damned, I simply don't think I am geared well enough.
Your Int and Vit are fine. Your DPS isn't, which tells me you're probably wielding a ceremonial knife with ~400-500 damage. That should be your next upgrade. You can get a blue for less than a million that will almost double your DPS.

Woo-Fu

Banned
I'm confused as to how somone one can take all your gold and your gear from your account . What do they do? Log In your account play the game and drop all your shit and some other person comes and pick it up? Are they working in teams or what?

You don't need a team to run multiple instances of diablo 3.

I got a question;

In my experience the 700 DPS + 34% dam would be better. At least when I had the Raven Wing legendary bow. It had some damage boost (14% i think). When I compared the raven wing to my current weapon, game said that I would lose DPS, but when I actually equipped it,
my DPS was much higher after all.

God damn it. Was talking to my SO on Skype while playing a public co-op game on Hardcore Nightmare with my level 49 Wizard, who also had a pretty good Legendary piece of equipped along with all of my high-end gems. 35h play time.

Well, she linked me some stuff, I forgot I had pressed ready for the first event in Act 4 and I tabbed out. Came back in to find my corpse on the ground with the rest of the team fighting all those little adds that would have been a complete joke had I not been tabbed out. What a complete fuck-up :(
I knew my first char was going to die sooner or later, but not like this. God fuck it. Oh well, time to start a new hardcore char and learn from old mistakes. At least I had a bit of gold to craft with.

aznpxdd

I'm getting so tired of these shitty ass servers. I would lag out for so reason every so often. Was fighting Act II boss on hell and got disc'd -_-

SyNapSe

This build is working very well for me so far in Hell A2:

hell_wd_build.png

I was running Mass Confusion for a full spirit build, but I find that Locust Swarm is a far better skill to have...it increases my AOE damage by a large amount with very little casting maintenance. I'm pretty much always full mana with this build, and WD mana regen items.

I tried a small variation of this build and at least initially it seems to work great. I kept jungle whatever for the 20% damage reduction and I used hex instead of horrify. As long as you have room to kite it seems fun and it gives you more things to do than some other builds.

seriously.

What does "kiting" or "kite" mean?

What does IAS mean?

ive played this game (level 20 Monk now) and i have no idea what any of you guys are talking about.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom