• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT3| Turn On Elective Mode, Get an Authenticator

Status
Not open for further replies.
God damn it. Was talking to my SO on Skype while playing a public co-op game on Hardcore Nightmare with my level 49 Wizard, who also had a pretty good Legendary piece of equipped along with all of my high-end gems. 35h play time.

Well, she linked me some stuff, I forgot I had pressed ready for the first event in Act 4 and I tabbed out. Came back in to find my corpse on the ground with the rest of the team fighting all those little adds that would have been a complete joke had I not been tabbed out. What a complete fuck-up :(
I knew my first char was going to die sooner or later, but not like this. God fuck it. Oh well, time to start a new hardcore char and learn from old mistakes. At least I had a bit of gold to craft with.

This is the most rookie of rookie mistakes in HC mode.

smh @ you

antipod

seriously.

What does "kiting" or "kite" mean?

What does IAS mean?

ive played this game (level 20 Monk now) and i have no idea what any of you guys are talking about.

Kiting - Attacking an enemy (sometime also enemies) from far away

Well, that is only half of the description as kiting means you're moving around while attacking having the mobs following you. Like if you're pulling the string attached to a kite.

Your Int and Vit are fine. Your DPS isn't, which tells me you're probably wielding a ceremonial knife with ~400-500 damage. That should be your next upgrade. You can get a blue for less than a million that will almost double your DPS.
What is the verdict for WD, in regards to their weapon? 1-Hander + Off-Hander or a 2-Hander?

Kiting - Attacking an enemy (sometime also enemies) from far away
IAS - Increased Attack Spead

Heh I assumed kiting is something taking roots from kite surfing and in Diablo terms running close to mob dropping huge AOE attack on heads of enemy and running away :)

Thrakier

I have no chance in Hell Act 2 against elites/champions. Normal foes arent a big problem but those guys kill me without me having the slightest chance. Any suggestions? Health is around 18k.

No one? I have no problems farming Wortham. Or ar there better farming spots?

Ferrio

Banned
Up to 2 million gold now. I'm in the market for a new weapon.. but the one I have now is really good so it's hard to choose.

Right now I have a 850DPS rare with a socket. I'm curious how high I have to upgrade for it to be noticable. Stuff I can afford right now are 1100 dps xbows... with no socket. Curious if that loss in crit damage would negate the upgrade. (I have 25% natural crit)

Fularu

Banned
No one? I have no problems farming Wortham. Or ar there better farming spots?
Your Vitality is low but that shouldn'T be the problem, do you have revenge? I'll post the build I've been using since I was like lvl20 and it's been prety great so far (Will probably have to change it for Inferno though). It relies on plenty of selfhealing (with revenge, rend ticks and shout healing).

Most elite packs you WILL have to kite around, this makes rend your best friend, come in, stomp (stun), rend, kite. The more you practise, the better you'll get.

This isn't logical. A more rational explanation would be this: as time goes on, an increasingly large number of people are farming late game inferno. With an increasingly large number of people farming, an increasingly large set of good weapons and armor will show up. This effect should continue to snowball.

This game should be pretty great, when the first ladder resets.

Mr Swine

Banned
Great, stupid server problems. Bought 4 flawless square rubys for 20k on AH and I got an error. Now I'm 20k poorer without any of the stuff I bought from AH -_-

Edit: nvm, they appeared now :D

Jubbly

Inferno Act 1 done and dusted. Started Act 2 and got past the hidden footprints bit before being disconnected. Wasn't having too much trouble, so let's hope it stays like that (10K health, 25K DPS, 60% Armor, 58-60% Resistance Damage Reduction).

V_Arnold

Inferno Act 1 done and dusted. Started Act 2 and got past the hidden footprints bit before being disconnected. Wasn't having too much trouble, so let's hope it stays like that (10K health, 25K DPS, 60% Armor, 58-60% Resistance Damage Reduction).

10k health? What the fuck...

V_Arnold

unless you have 45K health and tons of resists, most things kill you anyways. Better to just stack dps and never get hit imo.

I am not sure if "never get hit" is an option with vortex champion packs and mortar packs, lol :D

I have right now around 67% armor, 50%+ all resists, 18% dodge and 26% block, 40k health and 21k dps and I do not even dare going into Act 2 (Went in once when my stats were a bit less than this, even killed 2 champion groups, but it was not optimal at all..). Wizard, btw :D

Cipherr

Explain to me how it's shit exactly?

Yeah I personally like enrages. You cant just turtle it out, you have to have output too. Its one of the gear check methods I actually like.

What do you have to do then? Farm for gear? That's the problem I have with my witch doctor now.

Yeah to be honest. Farm gear if you are hitting the enrage. Gear farming for Butcher is viable, he isnt overtuned like Act2 Inferno. He is doable.

ok i know i need more resists. keep dying constantly in act 3 hell. anything else? should i wait til 60 to get new gear?
kCNAz.jpg

This is my Monk at level 53

d8dST.jpg

Has 32,359 HP (35k with my earth Ally out) and crap dps. I built him all for tanking and its fun as hell. When I join a party with a Barb and they use that shout that increases all your resists by 50%?

Oh... god.... I already have 460 resist without that barb buff which is like 64% damage reduction. It will get absurd when I run some pubs with barbarians with that shout up man. Im just going to stand in everything. I also stacked HP per Spirit Spent so I heal huge and constantly. God its a blast so far.

Ultrabum

When I said 40K, I didn't mean that that is unreasonable. Its just better to get 120K dps, so you can farm faster act 1 inferno, than get Tank stats with 12,000 dps, where u can't kill anything fast enough.

The point being, act 2 is so crazy hard, you need tons of money before you can even attempt it.

Kyoufu

When I said 40K, I didn't mean that that is unreasonable. Its just better to get 120K dps, so you can farm faster act 1 inferno, than get Tank stats with 12,000 dps, where u can't kill anything fast enough.

The point being, act 2 is so crazy hard, you need tons of money before you can even attempt it.

I'd rather stack resists personally. Glass cannons are not fun and tanking helps your team survive too.

Basically, I would never stack damage on Barb and think I'm going to do good.

What should I farm in hell for act 4 hell and act 1 inferno?

Fakto

My D III is not working ! The game's music changes every 3 to 5 secons, and every time that it does the game freezes !
It worked fine until recently ! Do you guys know anything about this issue ? =(

RDreamer

How many resists do I need to not die horribly to those little flying bastards at the beginning of Act 2 Inferno? If I manage to dodge most of their spitballs I can survive, kind of, but sometimes seeing those things come is impossible.

Cipherr

Just tanked Belial on Hell on my 53 monk. Just stood in the green shit and refreshed my mantra occassionally to top health off. The 2 wizards with me just stood off to the side blasting him. I tanked standing in a single spot the whole fight during the last phase. Heeeelllllll yeahhhhh.

Argh! Need more categories to enter in AH!

THIS. 3 is not enough when you are looking for high end gear. They were very shortsighted there.

Jubbly

10k health? What the fuck...

unless you have 45K health and tons of resists, most things kill you anyways. Better to just stack dps and never get hit imo.

I am not sure if "never get hit" is an option with vortex champion packs and mortar packs, lol :D

I have right now around 67% armor, 50%+ all resists, 18% dodge and 26% block, 40k health and 21k dps and I do not even dare going into Act 2 (Went in once when my stats were a bit less than this, even killed 2 champion groups, but it was not optimal at all..). Wizard, btw :D

I'm a Wizard. Upon encountering an enemy I drop a Vernon Hydra and use Disintegrate. If they're not dead I kite back and finish them off. For Vortex elites I hit Diamond Skin as I'm sucked in, then run out. If needs be I activate my 5 duplicates, drop a Hydra, move back, Disintegrate, repeat, win.

Once you know enemy attack patterns it's easy to dodge and move around, and as a Wizard you should never ever get hit by those Act II bugs.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
What was the link to that site that detailed how the armor and magic resistance works? I want to see if it would be viable to trade extange a bunch of HP for Resistance so that Potions are more potent.

Akim

Banned
Here's my stats on my Monk. I'm in inferno act 2, and I'm still getting wrecked by most champ packs. Any suggestions?

tTM28.jpg

jkoch

I logged in this morning and all of my items and gold were gone and I was in Act 1 Normal, so I guess I got hacked? How does this happen? IIRC, I didn't even play in any public games yesterday. My password is reasonably secure. Will Blizzard restore my stuff? How long does it take?

zou

Right now I'm running out of mana as a wizard. Am I correct in assuming that IAS modifiers aren't too useful for me right now?

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences

I'm a Wizard. Upon encountering an enemy I drop a Vernon Hydra and use Disintegrate. If they're not dead I kite back and finish them off. For Vortex elites I hit Diamond Skin as I'm sucked in, then run out. If needs be I activate my 5 duplicates, drop a Hydra, move back, Disintegrate, repeat, win.

Once you know enemy attack patterns it's easy to dodge and move around, and as a Wizard you should never ever get hit by those Act II bugs.

I see you're not actually "into" Act II yet. 10k won't work, you will get hit, and this will be one shotted every time. Also you will constantly die because you are busy channeling a spell (like disintegrate) instead of kiting. Inferno is where you drop the disintegrates and archons and everything that seemed OP before because it sucks and will just get you killed now. You can't stand still to channel and champ mobs will eat your diamond skin and your 10k hp in a single gulp. Good luck putting together a new build.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom