• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT3| Turn On Elective Mode, Get an Authenticator

Status
Not open for further replies.

SyNapSe

I logged in this morning and all of my items and gold were gone and I was in Act 1 Normal, so I guess I got hacked? How does this happen? IIRC, I didn't even play in any public games yesterday. My password is reasonably secure. Will Blizzard restore my stuff? How long does it take?

Yes, they'll restore it but my understanding is it takes quite a while.
I wonder if they are brute forcing all of these peoples passwords.

http://www.howsecureismypassword.net/
Put your something similar to your password into that site. Change letters or numbers but don't add extra numbers or symbols. How long does it say it would take to crack?

Kyoufu

I have around 92 rares farmed from act 1 that I'm going to offload on the AH for like 30-40k each.

Except, you know, 10 auction limit....argh...
LLShC.gif
LLShC.gif

Dow anyone have any issues when searching gems, dyes or crafting recipes on the auction house? When I search for equipment a list shows up almost instantaneously. When I search for the aforementioned stuff nothing happens.

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences
Dow anyone have any issues when searching gems, dyes or crafting recipes on the auction house? When I search for equipment a list shows up almost instantaneously. When I search for the aforementioned stuff nothing happens.

Commodity auctions are down, I believe it says so at the login screen.

Cipherr

I see you're not actually "into" Act II yet. 10k won't work, you will get hit, and this will be one shotted every time. Also you will constantly die because you are busy channeling a spell (like disintegrate) instead of kiting. Inferno is where you drop the disintegrates and archons and everything that seemed OP before because it sucks and will just get you killed now. You can't stand still to channel and champ mobs will eat your diamond skin and your 10k hp in a single gulp. Good luck putting together a new build.

Goddamn.

Orca

A friend logged in last night, way later than he normally plays anything, so I sent him a message. No reply, and he logged off shortly after. I checked his hero and sure enough, he was naked. I sent him an email saying he was hacked (or maybe drunk, since it was the final day of a three-day golf tournament) and how to get the account back and add an authenticator.

GorillaJu

I have around 92 rares farmed from act 1 that I'm going to offload on the AH for like 30-40k each.

Except, you know, 10 auction limit....argh...
LLShC.gif
LLShC.gif

I don't sell anything on the AH unless it has exceptional quality. I'd rather just buy something undervalued and re-sell it for a higher price, to maximize profit - because of the limited auctions, this is all I feel like I can do to make any money. Shitty items take forever to sell even if you put them up cheaply.

dejan

Finished Act 1 on nightmare and decided to dabble with the AH for a bit. Bought out 3 items of which 2 have yet to appear on the completed items tab (all three are being listed in the Auction Log). Gold is gone of course. Fantastic.

I don't sell anything on the AH unless it has exceptional quality. I'd rather just buy something undervalued and re-sell it for a higher price, to maximize profit - because of the limited auctions, this is all I feel like I can do to make any money. Shitty items take forever to sell even if you put them up cheaply.

I shifted 20-30 items over weekend with cheap pricing.

A lot of people will prefer to buy much weaker item for 1/10 of price while leveling.

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences
This is my wizard currently in Act II Inferno in the Realm of Shadows.

screenshot0077pckg.png

I got bored tonight since I got tired of being killed in inferno and played the AH instead. I made over 6m gold buying and reselling. Dunno what I'm saving up for but it was almost as fun as dying!

Number45

I updated my nvidia drivers today and my performance seems to be noticeably worse, anyone else have this issue?
I was wary of upgrading, but I did last night and was fine for me. GTX 275.

Word

If you're thinking of playing a Wizard, go with suave, pimp Antonio Banderas version.

Lady Wizard's voice is unbearable and her portrait looks hideous
Started my Wizard this morning, seriously tempted to reroll as a male - even only playing for an hour the voice was grating.

I logged in this morning and all of my items and gold were gone and I was in Act 1 Normal, so I guess I got hacked? How does this happen? IIRC, I didn't even play in any public games yesterday. My password is reasonably secure. Will Blizzard restore my stuff? How long does it take?
The public game exploit is a myth. It comes from brute force/keylogging/phishing and other similar means.

Put your something similar to your password into that site. Change letters or numbers but don't add extra numbers or symbols. How long does it say it would take to crack?
2 trillion years.

I still have an authenticator.

So authenticated accounts are still in clear, right?
As far as we're aware, yes.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
G'morning D3GAF.

jkoch

Thanks, good to know that they'll restore.

According to that site my password would take 4 days to brute force. It's only based on the number of characters. Guess I'll make a longer one just to be safe.

I'm guessing it's more likely a keylogger or something though. Would D3 allow unlimited login attempts? I haven't been on any shady sites, not running P2P software or anything. In fact, I haven't really even used my pc for anything other than D3, steam in the background for chat and stuff, and looking up some recipes in the last few days. I'm guessing it must somehow be from within the game.

I guess I'll start a new character while I wait.

Tik-Tok

Welp add me to the list of hacked.

Scanned and have no keyloggers. My password has both letters and numbers and is 8 characters long, but isn't really SUPER complex.

I didn't join any public games. I did list some items on the the Auction house though, which may have allowed people to find my email address?? I'm thinking they're just brute forcing this shit.

I was only on act 2 and they only stole my gold, but blizzard says theres no restore point for my character, and they warped her to the end of game, so now I have all the acts unlocked even though I haven't completed them :/

Number45

Wrath of the Berserker. Pop that + Earthquake and you bring down elites and bosses down fast... if they don't leave the quake.
Trying to maximise quake damage on stationary targets is both fun and frustrating. I do love dropping it in corridors though and watching things die as they come at me.

Wrath of the Berserker.

It's so good.

So good.
I haven't gotten on with this yet, at all. Tried it a few times, but it doesn't match EQ as a cooldown for me. :/

G'morning D3GAF.
Morning? o_O

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Opened up Kripps stream and saw this:

"nolife Kripparrian -- Died to DC on HC. Fun leveling begins!"

Seriously? :(

Kyoufu

I haven't gotten on with this yet, at all. Tried it a few times, but it doesn't match EQ as a cooldown for me. :/

I can't think of any reason why I'd pick EQ over SSJ tbh.

Literally no reason.

None.

Not only are you a super tank, but you also hit crazy fast and for 100% damage. If you have life on hit, you'll heal to full very quickly.

You're also immune to CC like frozen Elites.

Yeah, can't think of any advantages of having EQ (both together is lethal but I don't have the room to accomodate EQ also).

Yoshichan

On average players have created 3 characters each
80% of characters are between levels 1 and 30
1.9% of characters have unlocked Inferno difficulty
54% of Hardcore players chose a female character
The majority of Hardcore deaths (35%) occur in Act I Normal
The most common level 60 build in the game is only used by 0.7% of level 60 characters of that class (not including Passive diversity)
The most used runes for each class at level 60 are Barbarian: Best Served Cold, Demon Hunter: Lingering Fog, Wizard: Mirror Skin, Monk: Peaceful Repose, Witch Doctor: Numbing Dart

MrDaravon

Couple of questions (Level 21 DH, complete Diablo noob)

-How does XP work in multiplayer? Do only people that hit a monster get XP, or does everyone get XP and maybe the player who did the finishing blow gets the full amount with everyone else getting a % of that, or?

-On your stats screen it says that your Damage/DPS stat includes crit %, so is the DPS just an average then? I was using a 2h bow (with something like 25 damage and +11 dex) with a quiver since as far as I can tell looking around online that seems to be the way to go? Anyway I just found the first 1h crossbow I've seen since the beginning of the game that looked like it was an upgrade (was something like 28 damage but no dex stat) and when I equipped it my overall damage/DPS stat went up by about 10, but in-game I'm having a hard time telling if it's actually an increase. I believe that 1h crossbows fire faster than 2h bows (I think?), so I understand that my overall DPS may be higher even if my per shot is weaker, but is that damage stat also factoring in an average of critical hits so there may be some fluctuation there if my crit% is low (which mine is)?

-On a related note, I feel like I'm playing DH wrong or something; trying to look online for help and I'm mostly finding Inferno run tips. Right now I'm still only on Normal in Act 2 and haven't died yet, bu I feel like maybe I'm making it harder on myself? Right now I'm using:

Entangling Shot with the first rune upgrade - I'm fine with the lower damage per shot because I like slowing down and hitting 4 enemies at a time, between that and my templar nothing usually gets near me. Online though I'm seeing people mostly recommending Hungering Arrow with Cinder at my level, but I feel like Elemental Arrow is already meeting that need for me. Also saw a few people talking about Bolos, but I don't care for those, and they seem promising damage/aoe wise but the time delay I imagine will probably fuck you hard on later difficulties.

Elemental Arrow - I just got this and switched to this because everyone says it's incredible; I should point out I'm not 24 yet so I don't have the lightning rune for it, but right now I'm not super impressed with the base level of it. Up until this I was using Rapid Fire with the slowdown rune, and I'm using the passive where I do an extra 15% to slowed enemies, and that seemed to be fine?

Caltrops with Torturous Ground rune - Basically either my oh shit fallback, or I'll drop it pre-emptively if it looks like enemies might get to me.

Companion with Spider rune - No reason not to just have him out at all times, right? Also I just unlocked the spider which if I'm reading the description right is the same as the raven but with slowdown properties so I switched to that.

Have two Passive abilities unlock, using the one where I do 15% more damage to slowed enemies, and the one where I do additional damage if no enemies are within a certain radius of me.

Outside of those at least at this point I'm really using much else. I'm not fully understanding the purpose of Smoke Screen; even post-patch people are saying it's key, but at least at my level I'm not getting it. On Inferno does the 1.5 seconds (with that rune) of not being visible to enemies make that much of a difference, and I'm just nowhere near that point? I also just unlocked Multishot, it seems alright but seeing people talk about it online I feel like I'm missing something with that one.

At this point should since I'm on normal and haven't even died yet should I really even be worrying about this stuff? Gear-wise I'm focusing primarily on dexerity.

oneils

Good tip. I'll probably take that advice and only sell exceptional drops or resell stuff I bought on the AH for myself. May try my hand at reselling other stuff too.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
I see you're not actually "into" Act II yet. 10k won't work, you will get hit, and this will be one shotted every time. Also you will constantly die because you are busy channeling a spell (like disintegrate) instead of kiting. Inferno is where you drop the disintegrates and archons and everything that seemed OP before because it sucks and will just get you killed now. You can't stand still to channel and champ mobs will eat your diamond skin and your 10k hp in a single gulp. Good luck putting together a new build.

So which spells should I use, because I'm still having trouble with elites even on Act 1. I've been running Vemon Hydra and Blizzard for Damage, but they both make me stop to cast. And most of the time, the elites will still catch up. Should I maybe use Frost Nova or Force wave or teleport to keep distance away?

Yoshichan

For those who didn't see it.
Other areas of concern have been both the gem combination system and Blacksmith leveling and crafting costs. The intent, especially with the Blacksmith, is that he’s leveling with you, you’re able to use him as an alternate source for upgrades. Our design goal is that once you get to level 60, his recipes are actually good enough to help fill a character’s potential itemization gaps. To correct these issues, we’re looking to adjust the Blacksmith costs for training (gold and pages) and crafting from levels 1-59, and reduce the cost of combining gems so that it only requires two gems instead of three (up to Flawless Square). Both of these changes are scheduled for patch 1.0.3.

In addition, we’re planning to just straight-out buff Legendary items in a future patch, likely the PvP patch (1.1). These buffs will not be retroactive, and so they’ll only apply to new Legendary items found after the patch

Fixed1979

On average players have created 3 characters each
80% of characters are between levels 1 and 30
1.9% of characters have unlocked Inferno difficulty
54% of Hardcore players chose a female character
The majority of Hardcore deaths (35%) occur in Act I Normal
The most common level 60 build in the game is only used by 0.7% of level 60 characters of that class (not including Passive diversity)
The most used runes for each class at level 60 are Barbarian: Best Served Cold, Demon Hunter: Lingering Fog, Wizard: Mirror Skin, Monk: Peaceful Repose, Witch Doctor: Numbing Dart

The only thing that really surprised me was the amount of female characters being used for HC, I wonder how that compares to non-HC characters.

For those who didn't see it.

And all good news.

Number45

I can't think of any reason why I'd pick EQ over SSJ tbh.

Literally no reason.

None.

Not only are you a super tank, but you also hit crazy fast and for 100% damage. If you have life on hit, you'll heal to full very quickly.

You're also immune to CC like frozen Elites.

Yeah, can't think of any advantages of having EQ (both together is lethal but I don't have the room to accomodate EQ also).
Interesting. I'm still relatively young (51, entering Hell tonight).

http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/barbarian#WVYXkT!beV!YbZabb

This is me currently, I expect to have to tinker a bit in hell and onwards.

AEREC

The only thing that really surprised me was the amount of female characters being used for HC, I wonder how that compares to non-HC characters.

Most of my HC characters are female only because I used the male versions for SC mode and didnt want to use the same player model for HC.

Sophia

If only those crafting changes would come now. Ah well, at least I can save my money and materials until then.

Interesting. I'm still relatively young (51, entering Hell tonight).

http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/barbarian#WVYXkT!beV!YbZabb

This is me currently, I expect to have to tinker a bit in hell and onwards.

http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/barbarian#WVRikP!bZV!acbabZ

This is the build I've been using for Hell, and Arcane-Enchanted mobs aside, it's been working out fantastically well. Solo'd Act 1 with no problems with it, and didn't have too much difficulty in Act 2. Just use the most powerful and slowest two hander you can find. And stack a lot of vitality.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom