• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT3| Turn On Elective Mode, Get an Authenticator

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cipherr

We’re not particularly concerned with whether or not a boss is “beatable,” though it should feel epic and challenging to defeat it. We’re more concerned with ensuring that acquiring 5 stacks of Nephalem Valor and taking on as many Champions and Rares as you can remains the most challenging and rewarding way to play.

Im glad they are reiterating this. It seems a lot of people still had the idea that boss runs would yield the best loot. Thats not going to neccessarily be the case with Diablo 3 by design. Thats why champion packs are harder than most bosses, they will likely have better loot as well.

^ That's cool. Though it does mean those who can't sit for prolonged sessions (long enough to get and milk 5 stacks of valor) will inherently be less well off. Not sure if that's great, but oh well.

I see you're not actually "into" Act II yet. 10k won't work, you will get hit, and this will be one shotted every time. Also you will constantly die because you are busy channeling a spell (like disintegrate) instead of kiting. Inferno is where you drop the disintegrates and archons and everything that seemed OP before because it sucks and will just get you killed now. You can't stand still to channel and champ mobs will eat your diamond skin and your 10k hp in a single gulp. Good luck putting together a new build.
Preach.

The only time channeling spells are relevant in Inferno is when you're playing with a few friends that are tanks. IE, a team with a serious Barbarian/Monk to keep enemies off your ass so that you can hit from distance without being bothered.

syllogism

This seems worth a bit

YTlME.png

Number45

Interesting reading about the crafting. I have both roughly half way at moment - I guess I'll leave it for a while before going any further.

If only those crafting changes would come now. Ah well, at least I can save my money and materials until then.

http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/barbarian#WVRikP!bZV!acbabZ

This is the build I've been using for Hell, and Arcane-Enchanted mobs aside, it's been working out fantastically well. Solo'd Act 1 with no problems with it, and didn't have too much difficulty in Act 2. Just use the most powerful and slowest two hander you can find. And stack a lot of vitality.
I've been rocking 1H + shield since I found my first shield. It's how I always imagined playing my Barb. <3

So there will be pre-nerf Inferno gloaters and post-nerf Inferno losers in the future.

I so want Kripp to beat HC Inferno before the nerf...

/by Inferno nerf I mean the DMG spike nerf

Sophia

I've been rocking 1H + shield since I found my first shield. It's how I always imagined playing my Barb. <3

That's what I was doing for the longest time too (and my setup DOES work with a one-hander and a shield) but then I switched over and it was like night and day. Hell is a breeze, I can kill treasure goblins, most packs die quickly, and I have insane health regen. Only Arcane-Enchanted packs really give me any trouble, and only because the beams are so difficult to move out of.

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences
So which spells should I use, because I'm still having trouble with elites even on Act 1. I've been running Vemon Hydra and Blizzard for Damage, but they both make me stop to cast. And most of the time, the elites will still catch up. Should I maybe use Frost Nova or Force wave or teleport to keep distance away?

I've been using arcane orb (tap the source) with arcane hydra and the arcane snare passive. It's been working fine for me through act II ~Kulle, though I still have a lot of deaths when I run into fast innately fast vortex jailer fire chain shielding invulnerable and whatever else the gods of rng decide to throw at me (they hate me).

Dps is important as is being able to take 2-3 hits. I use force armor, diamond skin with crystal shell in addition to almost 40k hp and I still regularly get chewed up and spit out; I can't imagine if I died to 1 shot. I would have never made progress. I'm still kind of iffy on how effective the diamond skin is though, but I'm not sure what to replace it with.

Movement speed bonus + a snare is important and arcane orb has a vast reach, so I can just get a screen away while my hydra snares them and let them fly. When I moved down from 20% movement speed bonus to only 12% I started dying more and definitely noticed the difference. Could never go back to 0. As far as what to use for your defensive measures that's personal preference. Nova doesn't last long enough in inferno which is why I use the snares, blizzard is too power intensive for me to dps, TP and knockback can still be useful and the mirror images I've personally found useless.

I used disintegrate all the way through hell and loved it but there is no time to stand still anymore. The bosses have been a joke so far compared to packs, didn't even get hit by Magdha. I can foresee the end boss of Act II giving me issues though since there's no kiting room.

Number45

That's what I was doing for the longest time too (and my setup DOES work with a one-hander and a shield) but then I switched over and it was like night and day. Hell is a breeze, I can kill treasure goblins, most packs die quickly, and I have insane health regen. Only Arcane-Enchanted packs really give me any trouble, and only because the beams are so difficult to move out of.
Fair enough, if I hit a brick wall I'll give it a try. Really don't want to abandon my shield though. :)

I'm at 1800 DEX with 10k HP. I think I've become obsessed with trying to get the highest damage possible.

Anyone found any 1400-1500 DPS Bows? I have a 100$ amazon gift code lying right here ;)

Samus4145

If anyone is still looking for a copy, we have one last day on our giveaway. Giving away one copy of the Diablo III standard edition (North American version)

::End Shameless plug::

In any event, trying to get my Monk to 60 now. Started messing around in elective mode and using two primary skills with mouse. Not sure if I like it yet.

If that ammy had life on hit instead of on kill it would've been worth 20m+ no problem. As it is not it's probably good at around 5m+, probably slightly under 10m.

Holden

eMJ5q.png

got this in act 3 normal, currently in act 2 inferno still useing it!

Can't wait to find something better and sell it for a little fortune ^^

syllogism

If that ammy had life on hit instead of on kill it would've been worth 20m+ no problem. As it is not it's probably good at around 5m+, probably slightly under 10m.
I disagree, there is barely anything comparable at least on EU AH. You are probably undervaluing crit hit dmg for DHs.

Kinitari

Black Canada Mafia
After reading the proposed changes, I am a bit happier. I feel like I am stuck in a rut right now as a monk, Im farming as much as I can, but I am not getting gear worth anything substantial, and the good stuff is too expensive for me to afford, so I am stuck in inferno act I, with my shield monk who doesn't really seem to be the best at mitigating damage, and where 9/10 rare mobs I fight require me to constantly kite, which isn't all that great for a non-ranged character.

Hopefully, it's addressed. And hopefully today when I run rare mob run that lasts until right before the butcher, I actually get shit that's worth the effort.

inky

Blizzard said:
We've also seen some people saying our intention with Inferno is just one-shot you to make it difficult. While damage is a bit spikier than we'd like, we're actually seeing a pretty significant number of people attempting Inferno without sufficient gear. There's a good chance that returning to the previous Act to farm upgrades will do the most to help you survive.

Yea, those level 52 items are going to save my life in Inferno Act II Blizz *rolleyes*

syllogism

Good luck with that.
KuGsj.gif

There's an even better one on AH for 8 mil.

You must be high if you think anyone will pay 20-30.
Probably a bit high, but there is no better one for 8M, at least on EU. Tenacious medal isn't better, though if that doesn't sell, 20M is probably too high. The crit dmg boost is probably better than, say, +17% IAS for DHS. 10-20M isn't a lot of money for people who have been farming act 3-4 for a while or just gaming AH (that is more a NA AH thing, however).

Anyway, it's really impossible to tell what top tier really go for currently due to there being so few of them in AH.

sazzy

I posted this on the official forums, and was wondering what GAF thought about it:

So one or two Blues said the D3 beta was up to the Skeleton King because there was a 'major plot point' just after we kill SK.

Well, now we now what the spoiler was.

Anyway.

I think the full game should have been beta tested. Especially Inferno, end-game class builds, full leveling of the jeweler and blacksmith, and the Auction House. No way these features could be tested fully without full access - which was denied to keep under wraps a mediocre-to-poor story, script and dialogue.

What happened Blizzard? Did you really think that your internal testers could test the whole game? Really?

What I want to know is: if Blizzard's philosophy is 'gameplay first', why was the full beta testing of gameplay sacrificed for a poor story?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom